I've put Aria on hold for quite a while now. Is it worth getting back into?

I've put Aria on hold for quite a while now. Is it worth getting back into?

Also, Aria thread.

no it's boring as hell.

>u hab no attention spaaan!!1!
paying attention to something that's incredibly boring doesn't make it more interesting.

No, it's too long and overrated.
Watch Sketchbook instead.

It's sad every Aria thread has to go this route now. It deserves better than to be shitposted on by neo-Sup Forums.

yeah, it had good ratings, so I started watching it recently. but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, every episode is the same, and the way half the characters talk like doting grandmas is getting really old.

what am I missing here? there must be some reason so many people liked this show

Yes. You know how much people here like fellating that show.

I found it too corny, but a lot of people really love it.

Aria is a great show to watch over a long stretch of time.

if you had been here for more than six months you would know that Sup Forums has always called aria boring garbage. you would also know that you're supposed to passively defend it if you like it, reflecting a personality akin to the series itself.

>no fan service
>no absurd comedy
>relatively modern animation and artwork
>muh atmosphere
perfect mixture for kiddies being afraid to dislike it.

and if you're going off of MAL ratings(a mistake), keep in mind that MAL separates it's series by season/OVA, and people only watch subsequent seasons of things if they enjoy it, therefore subsequent seasons of shows that fit the greentexted parameters will get rated highly because nobody who knows it's crap is watching it.

The first season of Aria is basically a long introduction of all the characters and the world. It can feel boring and that nothing is going on, but if you don't feel anything from episode 11, then maybe the show really isn't for you. Episode 12 is also very strong and shows some supernatural elements about Neo Venezia that come into play the second season. First season is a 8/10 for me. It might have been a 7/10 if it weren't for episodes 11 and 12 which show the potential of the show.

Season 2 explores Neo Venezia more fully. There are some cute stories, funny stories, and sad and bittersweet stories. You no longer have to be introduced to the characters anymore, and now you're fully exploring the characters, the relationships with each other, and how they all fit within Neo Venezia. 9/10.

Season 3 ties all of the plotlines together. The show may have seemed light with no major themes, but all of the little subplots (some romance, the main girl's futures and goals, their senpais' futures and goals), they're all wrapped up beautifully. The season is a masterpiece, and the last few episodes are very powerful if you've built any attachment at all to the characters. 10/10.

If you put in the initial effort and get through season 1 and find some enjoyment at the end, then the other seasons are very rewarding.

The first season is pretty meh, not exactly good, so I haven't seen any more than that yet.
But people do say it gets better, so maybe?
But the first season, not very good.

If you are someone who appreciates atmosphere, absolutely give it a watch.

It's the god of iyashikei if you like that

If you liked it, then watch it. It gets better the more you watch it.
If you didn't like it, try reading the manga. I didn't like the anime at all but I enjoyed the manga. The anime tries to be more atmospheric and it really slows down the pace, while the manga just tries to give you things to think about.

I'll never understand why everyone loves the last season so much. I've found the resolution rushed and clumsy. I really prefer the episodes when" nothing" happens.

>The original series had 14 volumes in total; AQUA had two and its sequel ARIA had 12. The perfect edition will complete in seven volumes, and each volume will have 300 pages.
>All of the seven volumes' cover illustrations and first-page illustrations are newly drawn by the manga author, and all the color pages that were printed in the Comic Blade serialization are also included. These are printed on A5 size paper (210mm x 148mm), bigger than the original tankobon's B6 size (182mm×128mm)

Why are they not releasing this edition in US?

They never even finished releasing the original later volumes in English.

eh MAL's done a pretty good job for me so far desu.

Started watching Aria mostly because it was mentioned in lofty company on Sup Forums more than a few times

I really want this. Are there some chances that it will ever be released in English or should I buy the Japanese ones? I know that, as said, the English release wasn't even finished, but there might still be a chance. If not, then I guess I will start learning Japanese. I heard that the new release is mainly hiragana and the kanjis have furigana to make it very easy to read, so it wouldn't be a bad deal.

I liked Aria. At times its overly saccharine. The anime has the sometimes bad dubbing (I found Alicia and Aria to have annoying VAs) and the manga comes off overly "Japaneezy" for its setting.

Ps. YKK does everything Aria aspires to do+more miles better.

>Is it worth getting back into?
if shows about nothing are your thing, sure

>YKK does everything Aria aspires to do+more miles better
They aspire to do different things

I still can't believe we actually got a sequel after all these years.

What? Are you talking about Avvenire?

Akari is lewd!!

Extra lewd!!

yeah, I also find the anime lesbo-forcing by the director to not work out well and they leave out a lot of good scenes because of it
but they probably made more money by doing that too though

Please PLEASE someone license and finish ARIA and YKK. I fucking pray everynight for this to happen.

I will never get why people sometimes get so enthusiastic about certain iyashikei anime.

Iyashikei to me is kinda like mashed potatoes. Sometimes you wake up craving it, and once you eat enough you become competent to distinguish bad and good mashed potatoes, but even the good is still just mashed potatoes. Dunno if this makes sense.

MAL isn't comfortable with their sexuality and thinks that parody means bad. don't take anything they say seriously.
>moetan
>6.5
what did they mean by this

Aria is my favorite manga and I would kill to have this.

>Aria
>boring

you aint seen nothing yet