How do Americans justify paying so much to rent a 100 sq ft box?

How do Americans justify paying so much to rent a 100 sq ft box?

I am going to hong kong in 5 days and will be paying that amount for half the size.

/thread

I never liked apartments. Nobody should have to live in a box in the sky.

The location of the "box" also matters, user.

Rent has never been so astronomically expensive in any U.S city up until 10 years ago (Aside from the Bay Area)

This is damn right feudalism

Why pay anything when you can have a nice space and all the amenities (food, clothes, laundry ... etc.) for free?

>t. never had to leave his parents house

Whoops!

Pretty sure americans have the cheapest living per square foot in the developed world. No Poland is not developed.

At least this one doesn't cost you 950 a month.

The bitter reality that baby boomers don't want to see.

Combination of Nimbyism(old people using zoning/hoa/ordinance) to keep shitskins out have priced their kids out of the market. They should have known it wouldn't work forever.

This is the cost of a room in a building free of groids, pay less and you put your life at risk.

location,ask anyone living in ny.ny needs to go,5$ for a slice fuck that,u could be working on wall st and live in a tenement room,jews are the pushers of pure 1%.if business owners were aryan u wouldnt have this pure ideal of fuck everyone to the penny and on top of thapt lets fuckin rob u too mentality.
so obvious its jew mentality,we need to break the jew cant be criticized spell,could possibly be the most important meme in history to push.

>live outside city
>rent 3 bdr house for 600/mo

Maybe you neofeudalist cucks should try living somewhere cheaper

We justify it with the (false) belief that everyone who is over the age of 18 is an adult and must immediately become independent from their family and get their own place or go to college and never come back.

Personally I think this is retarded, and only married couples should leave their families' homes and get a new home together. It's completely retarded to believe that every single person needs his/her own place, and yet that's why (((they))) get away with charging out the ass for tiny boxes like in OP's picture.

Freedom to get fucked, there was no homeless people in USSR

Because they all starved to death?

Actually in my county if you are ordered to pay jail fees you are charged $40 a day.

Average calorie intake in 70's USSR was about 3500. There was only one major famine in USSR, before Stalin there was plenty of them. Wouldn't expect a leaf to be educated about this topic, though.

I rent a whole fuggin bottom floor of an updated Victorian.... for less than that BOX. And I'm in cunneticunt..

Look at Toronto. Sub 500sf studios are well over 2000 dollars in the inner city.

>Live somewhere deemed less desirable because it's further from shit people want to be close to

>It's cheaper and nicer

Tell me more, genius!

There is no poor people if you kill all the poors.

Because the average salary in a place where rent do high is probably 75-100k a year. It’s still stupid but that is why supply demand and job prospects.

The cheapest rents on Earth are actuallt in rural areas in Germany in the East and North. Rent is literally 0. In some areas of Europe, you get paid to live in some villages. In Austria they paid students to declare their main residency not in the major cities but in god forsaken small towns and villages so those villages get more federal funding. Same in Italy.

looks comfy desu. Post the rest of the pictures

Its like that in many cities around the world like Sydney, LA, Boston, Toronto, Paris, London, Seattle, Auckland, NYC

The rural areas are migrating to cities due to the death of the manufacturing sector and that drives up the rent. Also interest rates everywhere are near zero percent which means more people taking out loans to buy condos and houses

what the hell, do you shit in the sink or go full india-style outside of the building or something?

>Make 70k a year
>lose most of it to taxes and paying rent for a 150 sq ft shed
>Have little to no money leftover

What is the point of having a high paying job if you live like a peasant with nothing to show for it??

Here's a solution: Stop importing 1.8 million immigrants every year. Suddenly supply/demand goes down, and thus the price of rent.

By not living in NYC, Portland, or Seattle

Wait until the housing bubble finally pops though. Its going to be a buyers market for those who are prepared.

>not owning a house with property

That $950 a month will cover rent for a 3 bedroom house with a decent yard here in flyover country.

>one tip is buy stuff when the price gets lower
thank you genius finance guru

>no hob or oven
Are there actually Americans that eat like this?

I noticed that too. I think only college kids must live like that.

When I was a young and first starting out I rented out a basement apartment that had nothing more than a hotplate and a mini-fridge. Obviously I moved on to better things, but it was fine for where I was at in life. Not like I was doing much in the way of baking at 20 anyway.

That's not bad. Own kitchen, own bathroom, can do whatever you want. 1k isn't expensive if you have a fucking job.

This. If that was a good location, like right downtown of a decent city, I'd rent it.

Plenty of places in NYC for rent that are affordable if you have a job a cut above barista. People overhype rent. Sure, if you want a brand new luxury 1 bd (as opposed to studio) in a trendy neighborhood with a community pool, gym, and free latte machine, it might get expensive. If you want a reasonable walkup, even in the most expensive city, it would be 800-1500 max.

Also worth mentioning, if you live in a decent city, there's no need to own a car. Easy 4 grand saved a year right there. This is what peasants from the 'burbs will never understand.

>having to drive 2 hours to get to work

Liberal policies only hurt the poor.

>I rent a whole fuggin bottom floor of an updated Victorian.... for less than that BOX. And I'm in cunneticunt..

Where, Bridgeport?

>Americans
it's fucking seattle, not "america" in general. Ever wonder why Amazon is trying hard as fuck right now to pick a lower cost HQ city?

in high density shithole cities (NYC, Seattle, SF) a lot of the garbage tier apartments don't really have kitchens. This one looks like a converted hotel though. You'd have to be insane to rent this.

oh cities are expensive because it's desirable to live by spics niggers faggots and the homeless, I understand now thank you

What about Fuggerei?

what you don't know is that it's in Trump Tower

if you want to smell the buffoon's ass you have to pay up little fag

It's 175 sq ft you fuck

If you don't own a car, you are a peasant.

Vargs prison cell was roomier than that

>land of the free

It's got a bathroom in downtown.

But you are locked in ya dope... without internet.

Living in cities is totally degenerate, which is why Europe has the problems it does.

Move an hour out and you can mortgage a 3br/2ba house with an acre or more of land for $500/mo.

Honestly that’s not such a bad idea. Wtf I’m a communist now!

not him maybe, but it cost YOU

or 50 acres of wood sounded by bears in upstate ny

there's also no career-advancing tech, finance, and lawyer jobs to be had. there's a reason why today's high end college grads all move to urban centers while flyover country is busy killing itself with fentanyl. Opportunity in this country has largely centralized around major east and west coast urban centers.

That looks like a Scandinavian prison cell lol.