Almost half of the year gone

>almost half of the year gone
>no announcement

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/otakomu/status/873192995767468032
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Announcement of what? his early retirement and Trigger closing its doors down?

>lets Fight the establishment for our own justice
>Badguy 1 was actually a good person who loved the earth all along
>Even though we all started in different places we need to work together
>ah love interest-chan we beat the last boss time to live happily ever after
>Urp, sorry MC-kun I've gotta blast
>Nevar forget ur a nippon youth no more earn your wages now for the next generation

You're welcome

Saving anime takes time.
You don't want to end up with another shitstain like LWA TV.

I really really really want it to be good. His last couple don't really work for me.

This. Or Kizniver

>could make great comedies like PSG
>instead makes more plotshit trash like TTGL/KLK

>plotshit trash
>post LWA

I wish LWA ditched the plot and stuck to random witch adventures.

I mean the OVA's were still good

Seriously though
>Gurren Lagann
>plotshit

LWA is not shitty.
This show is great.

Just a warm up for Trigger Girls for the 10th anniversary in 2021.

>yfw Akko becomes the far left girl

Memes aside I honestly don't think Imaishi (or maybe Nakashima) can't handle long running plots very well. The best parts of TTGL were easily the random battles they encountered, and once they tried to go full plot post timeskip it fell apart, and it was the same with KLK really.
PSG on the other hand was consistently fantastic.

The second cour has been shit, boring contrived plot that sidelined every character except 3.

Are you trying to say these scenes weren't executed fantastically?

They weren't

I was speaking more of the politics and the spiral nemesis bullshit.
I also dislike how the plot made things way too convenient for the protagonists like Nia's ring and the moon being a ship but that's just nitpicking honestly.

twitter.com/otakomu/status/873192995767468032

TTGL rebroadcast announced.

I'm more curious about the other uplcoming series by a !guest director".
Honestly Trigger lacks competent series directors and can't rely on Imaishi forever. But Kobayashi utterly failed with Kiznaiver, Amemiya can only make joke series and LWA is really uneven and misguided.

Imaishi isn't really a competent director either given the scheduling issues KLK had but at least his "brand" is popular enough to still sell.
I blame Kiznaiver on Okada

Trigger should get Mahiro Maeda to direct something. He's too good to waste his skills on Rebuild.

>the man with no taste.jpg

Spiral Nemisis makes since in the fact that entropy is a real threat to the universe.
I can see where the politics would be shitty but I thought it was good to show that beating the Spiral King doesn't just magically make life good and that Simon would struggle in that position. It was clearly intended from the start with Rossiu's introduction and he leader reflecting Lord Genome, his chief, and the anti Spiral which gave us a better understanding of what decisions that these people had to make in ultimately evil choices trying to gen for the greater good. Kamina was about not taking no for an answer and Simon learned you need to fight for a better spot, but learned there are something you need to accept in life such as life ending to let others come in. Like Kamina's death let Simon come into his own, where Simon being immortal wouldn't let Rossiu/everyone else come into their own either

Ring was bullshit they should have just found Nia just by her being her. Moon Mech was badass though, Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann is probably my favorite form from a design point

>Spiral Nemisis makes since in the fact that entropy is a real threat to the universe.
Yeah but in reality it's a threat because of the loss of energy. When the outward push becomes weaker than the inward pull the universe collapses and creates another big bang. In TTGL they theorized it will happen because of excess energy, which doesn't really make sense. In my opinion, I think they were going to go for a far more Getter-like plot where the Anti-Spiral was trying to stop Spirals from conquering and fighting and thus destroying everything but switched to Spiral Nemesis. Anti-Spiral Nia says something along those lines towards the beginning of the politics arc.

Also I recognize that the politics does reflect the major themes as a whole, my complaint was just that it was boring as fuck.

Agreed. After his Expo shorts is even more apparent how is talent is utterly wasted.
We probably will never know what caused the production issues of KLK, but even then calling him incompetent is pushing it, especially when he developed a unique aesthetic around the limited resources he had at his disposal.
Kiznaiver was never going to be amazing with Okada involved, but it could have been watchable if Kobayashi himself didn't push for a change from battle anime to melodrama because "he's not good with action".

>Also I recognize that the politics does reflect the major themes as a whole, my complaint was just that it was boring as fuck.
Ah I mean your partially right but it makes the build up of space fucking sick. Also turned the show away from a Villian of the week that post Simon becoming a man had become.

They also had clearly rewrote a fuckton of the show and planned for it to be longer clearly as seen by the opening so it's hard to say about Spiral Nemisis

I have 100% confirmation that it's getting announced after LWA. If you go to AnimeNext today you might get an sneak peak.

i just want too see goripon designs animated again

I'm not going as far to call him incompetent, just mediocre. His talent lies definitely in his animation, not in his ability to lead a project.
>he developed a unique aesthetic around the limited resources he had at his disposal.
Hasn't that always been his aesthetic though? Not to mention his style has always been heavily influenced by Yoshinori Kanada, so it's not exactly ground-breaking, just rare in this day and age.

He always nails the quick flashy animation so fantastically. I think PSG is the embodiment of himself randomly throwing God tier scenes in a show with a probably low budget. Same with Luluco but really only for the final fight's start.

And a majority of Gurren Lagann iirc they saved like 40% of the budget animation for the final fight or a retarded number like that. I really didn't feel it in KLK asides from the Satsuki battle

I think both his talent as storyboarder and his unique vision and directorial style vastly outshine his capabilities as animator.
And no, KLK and Luluco are not like his past works, there's more to their use of limited animation than Kanada styled one. You can tell from how polarizing they are even among people that liked his older stuff.

Luluco is just like a PG Panty and Stocking though

I thought KLK was pretty good despite the obvious schedule problems and Luluco was brilliant if you ignore the awkward self-fellatio arc. His LWA episode was easily one of the best, as well. Imaishi still has it.

PSG divided the work between the staff though. Every episode was spearheaded by a different animation director. I can't say for sure how much of a hand Imaishi played in every episode but PSG felt more like a showcase of different people rather than Imaishi himself.
I do think luluco is a perfect embodiment of his style though.

Wasn't TTGL mostly animated with Yoshinari Yoh's style though? Wasn't much Imaishi style stuff like Episode 2 of Abenobashi.

I think my reply fits this comment as well. PSG and TTGL were animated by different people, not by Imaishi's style

Well, TTGL's MECHA were animated in Yoshinari's style because the mechanic designer was Yoshinari himself.

Well yeah, but the point was that Imaishi didn't come into a style in KLK, that's always been his style (just look at Dead Leaves or Ep 2 of Abenobashi), he just hasn't really spearheaded a large project in the animation department until KLK.

No, PSG is only occasionaly Imaishi styled like this user noticed Yoshinari's episode for example is all animated in his style, and even the backgrounds designs are closer to LWA than to the rest of the show.

Don't understand how you can like PSG but not TTGL or KLK. They're all very much in the same vein.

Do we have any proofs of that? My problem is I subconsciously to lump those two together since they're usually working together.

He's busy directing Inferno Cop Rebuild

What? KLK's animation style was 100% Sushio. Sushio literally killed himself as chief fanimation director of KLK.

I don't think you guys understand what a director of anime does.

I want more luluco. LWA TV was a fucking disappointment. They should've stuck to the OVA's formula. Now I can only hope for luluco or an original that isn't complete shit.

The director doesn't exactly decide on the animation style. The supervise and approve stuff, but there is a reason why the director role is different from the "character designer" role and the "animation director" role. Directors like Imaishi and Yuasa tend to have certain unique visual styles to their shows, but it isn't all of them but also due to the people they surround themselves with. Yuasa always works with the same animators and works with the same character designer. The same for Imaishi; he always has the ex-Gainax crew (Sushio, Amemiya, Yoshinari) with him.

>20XX-3
>Infernocop is still Trigger's best work

Closely followed by Luluco though

Ok, when I think Imiashi style I always go to his crew. I think that's where a lot of this confusion has been from for me. Thanks for helping clear this up a bit

But it's still Imaishi's style. The director comes through in stuff like "scene composition", "scene flow", "editing", "choreography", "pacing" and stuff like that. Imaishi has a lot of visual and stylistic trademarks.

>Dead Leaves or Ep 2 of Abenobashi
Those are not the same, they have his trademark Kanada styled animation and hyperkinetic flow, but they don't really employ tweening, stillframes and layers like KLK does.

Not saying Imaishi himself animated it, I'm pointing out that he has a lot more influence in KLK's visuals than in PSG or TTGL.
Looking at Sushio's other works, none of it looks remotely like KLK.

Can someone give me the rundown on KLK? It sounds like the problem child of his works

I didn't start watching anime until like 2015. I regret missing the show it seemed fun watching it live

Trigger in general just has scheduling issues

It's the pleb filter.

That was purposely comical though

>I regret missing the show it seemed fun watching it live

Most of it was just forced hype by crossboarders and newfags. The show itself got less and less fun as it went on.

But I wasn't being ironic.

Well obviously. Tri-city raid was terrible

They very clearly were trying to go for a Getter plot, the problem is Nakashima not only went way too whole sale in knocking off Getter he also has the issue that he's just nowhere near as good of a writer as Ishikawa. It shows he tried to handle the same paradigm shifts as Getter did having a political/military struggle after the time skip and then trying to ask philosophical questions once they asked the nature of spiral energy and went to space.

It's pretty note for note the Getter Robo Saga blended together with Getter Armageddon, but unfortunately the subjects are really dumbed down, the execution is way worse, the creative staff wasn't as focused, and Nakashima/Imaishi openly admitted they kinda had no idea what to do so they were just kind of winging it. I want an Imaishi/Nakajima project that is restricted to just one cour, because they never have a clue what to do with a second season.

In Getter Robo Go Ishikawa definitely kept the same overall feeling of the series despite shifting to a more politics heavy plot. I feel like Imaishi/Nakashima failed to do that and made it more serious than it needed to be.
>Armaggedon
It's sad that Getter never got a proper adaptation despite being one of the biggest mecha franchises outside of Gundam and Mazinger.

Buth those episodes were great. The best Ryuko/Satsuki fight, Takarada and some of the best visuals and animation with Khara staff working on them.
The only bad part of the series were the first 2 post timeskip episodes, mostly because there's when schedule collapsed.

>it could have been watchable if Kobayashi himself didn't push for a change from battle anime to melodrama because "he's not good with action".
I think it would've likely been a bigger mess if Okada got to do the action anime she wanted to. The show had difficulty managing the cast as it was, adding even more characters would only exacerbate the issue.

Never forget

I'm more preferential to the reimaginings we got and I think Kawagoe is the only person who can tell a Getter story that's as good as Ishikawa wrote. I rather see something new rather than a straight adaptation.

This, literally. All his shows are the fucking same. He's a hack.

That describes 2 of his works and isn't even accurate.

at least it could have been a fun mess.

Hopefully his next project will also have an OST composed by Sawano. KlK's OST managed to be even better than TTGL's, FLCL's and P&S's.

>TTGL, KLK, SPL

P&S is the only odd one out since its purely episodic

SPL doesn't fit.

But you guys were mad when it was random witch adventures. Make up your mind.

>Nevar forget ur a nippon youth no more earn your wages now for the next generation
That's every typical anime in existence.

>The intergalactic police force are the big bads, Lalaco ends up being a good guy afterall, in the end everyone teams up to fight B-Holeian, Nova-kun fades away after the fight, now Luluco is no longer a school girl she's the all grown up Trigger Chan

Its like the cliffnotes version, but its the same show.

Honestly all trigger shows are very formulaic

that's a nice euphemism for 'repetitive'. Your vocabulary is praiseworthy.

i was sad at the limited animation here cause this bitch was kinda hot and i wanted to see her ass well animated