Why did everyone suddenly go silent on Net Neutrality? I thought it was going to be the end of the internet?

Why did everyone suddenly go silent on Net Neutrality? I thought it was going to be the end of the internet?

Racemixing Poo piece of shit.

They were shown to be wrong so they stop talking about it hoping everyone forgets. You know like children.
Back to plebbit you go!

You mean left-wing people were proven wrong and immediately moved on to some other bullshit without ever acknowledging to being fucking fear-mongering retards?

based poo

They went silent because they died from this. Just as we were warned. I survived but still bleeding from my tax cut.

Just more fear-mongering by the Left. Once they realized it wasn't working, they went back to the Russia narrative.

?wtf would that have to do with twitter and 4 chan?
pro tip:fuckin nothin

Both of those were flooded with pro NN propaganda, so they are of course involved due to being the targeted demographic for propagation of the narrative.

Presumably the ISPs have the strategic sense to keep things status quo for a while, especially with state action threatening.

My bill went up $20/mo for no reason this month. Just getting started my friend...

Has the repeal even gone into effect? What happened?

Seriously, am I the only one who cares about this? It was such a huge controversy and now everyone just conveniently forgot about it. Am I living in the Truman show?

This whole fight was so the ISPs could charge Google and Netflix more. They already nickle and dime the fuck out of customers, but not out of the big corps that depend on their internet.
There is a lot more potential profit in charging Google more than charging customers more.
In fact you can already see Netflix and Google adjusting their models to account for this, so that itself is an indicator for this fight being done.

These fights between megacorperations happen in America all the time, and they always use their customers as a route of attack in handling these fights. The best thing any American can do is remain distant to ALL megacorps and demand competitive markets.

Siding with one megacorp over the other is playing directly into the game they continue to instigate. The only correct move is not to play, especially when part of their campaign ideas is
>HERE IS WHY YOU SHOULD CARE
This is a big red flag for the real intentions behind these words. Only a fool takes paid for "awareness" campaigns creatively funded by literal marketing agencies.

Stop drinking their soup.

fucking this

Because of pic related.

Funds got spent, now they have to wait for more money and marching orders. The activist NGO's don't act without orders.

the redditers didn't even know what they were protesting or why, it's not surprising that they moved on quickly.

Because shills are needed elsewhere.

Because it wasn’t as important as everyone thought

Let's also not forget just how well the pajeet crafted his counter video. The fucker successfully countermemed years of material jewgle and friends had built up and threw the entire topic into chaos.
/ourpajeet/ is not too far from the mark.

They go silent because the media hysteria went silent.

Normans are entirely controlled by the media.

Nice try, homosexual animal!

We're back to climate change and Russia

Proofs please.

>For no reason

This happened before net neutrality, during net neutrality, and will continue to happen after net neutrality.

My internet package went up too, by 25MB/sec

The Russian conspiracy theories will never end will they? kek.

>you mean the point of NN was to prevent the formation and survival of right wing media?
Who would've thought...

Because they silenced all opposition

Really? I don't think so? First you're a brit-fag so how would you know? In America everyone was talking about it. The news, the people, 4-chan, Youtubers, everyone.

I'm always surprised at how little foreigners know about our super corporation complex. They fall for their narratives so often.

I had conservative friends and classmates telling me all about how the repeal would end the internet, how social media would cost fees to use, etc.

NN was more of a generational thing than a partisan thing. They have been laying the foundation for this narrative for years, and almost exclusively through internet sources.

The people who were the loudest have lost interest, because it was never about freedom or any other of that nonsense, but rather a massive virtual signaling pageant.

I met conservatives who said the same thing as well. This wasn't really about right vs. left. This was about people having different views on who should regulate the internet and the repercussions from either choice. (Gov or ISP company.)

They went silent because you're retarded and don't pay attention. There are many groups actively fighting to turn over the FCC's decision which has happened in the past. This is not a left wing liberal "they found out they were wrong" thing.

Legialture recently made it's way to congress and a bill was sponsored by enough members of congress so that they now have to vote on it. It's made it that far. They can turn over the FCC's decisions with a vote now. We're just waiting on the time, that's when the fight will come back to mainstream. This could be a deciding decision if many members of congress will still have their seats in 2018. Rumor has it that they will try and push it after the mid-terms because it's such an important issue.

What's the point of talking about it? No one expected the internet to be ruined the second NN was repealed. The ISPs will fuck us slowly in immeasurable increments.

Montana is trying to backdoor some NN laws. Keep an eye on that.

>NN becoming a deciding factor for the 2018 elections
Keep dreaming kid. Your little pet campaign has no grounding so long as no one can agree to exactly what "Net Neutrality" means and exactly what that implies.

But I can tell you one thing, it should never imply that the ISPs have to charge google and netflix the same pricing as they charge customers. That is a ridiculous notion, and it is exactly what the FCC decided to do in 2015.

So if you want your little campaign to not get laughed out of the house as yet another corporation lobbying for favoritism you best get to researching some precedent.

Because they were wrong, they are living memes/golems, and they are waiting on directions from their masters on how to proceed because that is all they know how to do.