Who was in the wrong? Shinobu for killing people or Araragi for binding her to him?

Who was in the wrong? Shinobu for killing people or Araragi for binding her to him?

I dropped the series after the first season, can I understand the movies?

>Watch the movies

Why would you do this to yourself?

I thought they were good. Are they not good?

The people were wrong

They're great tone pieces if you're into that, but they're not a great adaptation. They cut a whole lot of the characterisation of the novels out. The point of Kizumonogatari as a prequel is to establish why Araragi, Hanekawa and Shinobu are the way they are at the start of Bakemonogatari, but the movies don't do that properly.

>They're great tone pieces
what the fuck does this even mean?

I just want to know if they're fun to watch, even for someone who dropped the series after season 1

A tone piece? Something with a very heavy atmosphere, think the 1995 Ghost in the Shell movie, or Perfect Blue.

I don't know if you'd find them fun to watch then, they're mostly just characters walking around dark landscapes while ambient music plays and occasionally there's a fight scene. If you think you'd be into that, go for it.

very fun show to watch

neither, glad it happened. Now they will be together forever

Neither, they both did right. Shinobu is a predator, so it is natural for a predator to hunt their food, which is humans. Murararagi did right because protecting people from harm is the right thing. The only almost grey area is that he bound her to him, but she even started crying about how she wanted to live and he saved her life in the only way that also saves the lives of people.

BEST

They were both wrong, but Kissshot was more-so right.

>hurr murder is ok because I'm not one of you filthy humans!

Fuck that noise, any sentient being that wants to live on Earth has to obey the same fucking rules humans do.

You for watching such a shitty anime.

I bet you also think that gerbils need to be a productive member of society and needs to get a diploma and a job

Part 1 is that. The other 2 are just good movies.

I wouldn't exactly call it a shit anime though. My only real gripe with the series is that the arcs do a shit ton of build up for little payoff. It could be better written sure, but I wouldn't say it's complete shit.

Kiss-Shot was doing the best she could with the options she saw available. If her plan had succeeded, Araragi would have come out completely cured, a savior to humanity, and would be able to put the whole thing behind him.

Araragi did the same thing. In the end he found a compromise that left them miserable in the short-term, but had a good chance to turn out positively given enough time and backed it up as hard as he could. Of course, in the long run he has a bit more fault for being a willful idiot and causing Shinobu more grief than necessary.

It's nice to see her getting her own cover with Araragi after getting kinda sidelined in the Koyomi cover.

Why did Araragi want to go back to being human anyway? Iirc he was practically straight suicidal at that point, which is why he offered himself to Kisshot. He thought he would die.

He got time to think about things instead of being caught up in the moment and decided he'd rather not be a monster.

Araragi for giving himself to preserve a rare and beautiful predator. Kissshot for contradicting herself and not taking it.

Yes. Kizu is a prequel to the first season.

It's not wrong for a vampire to kill humans. Araragi binding her was selfish, but it worked out just fine in the end.

If you had a handful of M&Ms, and someone smeared shit into them, would you or would you not "exactly" call what you had a handful of shit?

Something turning out fine doesn't mean he did what was right. Araragi seriously taking responsibility for binding her is what made it okay.

Like I said, it was selfish, but not necessarily wrong.

Maybe greedy is a better term. He wanted everyone to live and be happy instead of making concessions to the reality of the situation.

He acted like a Shonen anime protagonist, because that's the part of RRG's character Nisio harps on.

This is a complicated situation. both were not doing wrong actually looking at it from their sides. Kiss-Shot was litteraly tired of living, but being faced with her death "actually" happening when Araragi found her, she got scared. Instead of dying because she wanted to die, Kiss-Shot found reason in dying for Araragi's sake. But in her last moments when she first met Araragi, she begged to live.

Araragi was a empty shell of a human, so the man offered his life to Kiss-Shot without thinking about the repercussions. No, he actually knew that vampires need to consume humans to live, but he straight up denied this. Someone as beautiful as Kiss-Shot should not cry like that, he thought it was wrong. The reason Araragi denied Kiss-Shot her dead is because he did not want her to die. Araragi never wanted to fight Kiss-Shot, but he felt he had no choice but to fight her. When Araragi was faced with the truth that by saving Kiss-Shot he doomed other humans to die, he hardened himself to fight and kill Kiss-Shot. But when he found out that Kiss-Shot simply did everything to edge him on to kill her, just so that he could become human again, he lost ''all'' reason to kill her. His mask crumbled and Araragi told the truth. He did not want her to die.

He would have lived completely oblivious to what she did.

Crab for being creampied by Kaiki

But everyone was creampied by Kaiki.

If a sentient being can't survive without killing a human, then there's nothing wrong with it killing people from a moral standpoint.

Even Araragi?

>Wrong
Nobody was wrong though.
>Araragi saves Shinobu, sacrificing his life
>Shinobu decides to save Araragi, turning him into a vampire and maybe hoping that he'll live with her
>He asks her to turn him back into a human
>She decides to die for his sake but doesn't tell him
>She makes him hate her by showing him her epic meal time
>He decides to kill her to save humans from her appetite, eveything's according to her keikaku
>They fight and he nearly puts her down, but thanks to Hanekawa they uncover her plan
>Araragi, who tried to convince himself that there was a reason to kill her, loses any motivation to do so, he never really wanted her dead
>Araragi sacrifices his humanity for her, she sacrifices (although unwillingly at first) her powers for him
>He vowes to her that they'll one day die together
>Everyone is unhappy, but not really
>Now they are bounded forever, people who hurt each other, but still want to be together
>They no longer want to live separate and decide to be as close as possible till the end
>Still formally didn't forgive each other though
Is this what they call true love? That was the best decision for both of them, I feel like this relationship is about how we sometimes need to sacrifice something in our lives to be happy with someone and for that someone to be happy with us.

Yes, especially him.

why not both

Is he even worth her.

I want to pinch and kiss her cheeks

Araragi admits that he's being selfish. The second half of the series is him getting to grips with the fact that he doesn't care.