Éire/pol/ - Night After Mass edition

Thread Theme: youtu.be/aGxfJ0TXUck
National Party: nationalparty.ie/
Join the party and spread the word/memes in your social circles online or otherwise.

Learn Irish:

pastebin.com/XEENGRuM

Jewtube channels of note:

pastebin.com/ZML2RdkC

Twitter Accounts to Follow/Shill:

pastebin.com/Szp8SNCv

Headlines:
>Disclosures Tribunal hears of concern over use of word 'integrity'
rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0126/936196-disclosures-tribunal/

>UK must 'square the circle' of avoiding hard border - Varadkar
rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0126/936204-uk-must-square-the-circle-on-border-issue-varadkar/

>Bruton says supply panels may not be favoured
rte.ie/news/ireland/2018/0125/936081-teachers-schools/

>Taoiseach to make views on repealing Eighth known after special meeting of Cabinet
independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseach-to-make-views-on-repealing-eighth-known-after-special-meeting-of-cabinet-36532595.html

>Row over lack of TDs at Dáil abortion debate
independent.ie/irish-news/politics/row-over-lack-of-tds-at-dil-abortion-debate-36530468.html

>Coveney claims there are currently 600 houses listed for sale in Dublin priced below €250,000
independent.ie/irish-news/politics/coveney-claims-there-are-currently-600-houses-listed-for-sale-in-dublin-priced-below-250000-36530294.html

>O'Sullivan barrister who challenged McCabe says his 'conscience is clear'
thejournal.ie/disclosures-tribunal-colm-smyth-3818648-Jan2018/

>'This is a time for political courage not political cowardice' - Zappone calls for leadership on the Eighth
thejournal.ie/katherine-zappone-speech-abortion-debate-3814695-Jan2018/

>UK court rules Birmingham bombing inquest should be broadened
thejournal.ie/birmingham-six-inquest-3818416-Jan2018/

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/irish-viking-dna-792789
sluggerotoole.com/2018/01/26/what-would-a-32-county-dail-eireann-look-like/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's a discordance here. Practice what ye preach lads.

Thank you for giving us Father Ted.

FIRST

What in gods name is this lobster shite?

Fellas, am I degenerate for going to mass hungover?

Not really.

Yes

Oh, ok

posting gearoid until we get a good fashy 32 county republic

Is she the queen of Éire/pol/?

Not the worst results
what?
Bill I swear to fuck if that's you I will beat you with a Blackthorn stick

Hi
:^)

the odd pint is fine, binge drinking has to stop and so does 'seshing'

Thing I have a problem with is the people who complain they have no money then drink it all away come Friday and complain about having no money on the Monday

These lobster threads. The fuck is that about?

Fellas, I’m starting to have money problems. I don’t know what it is but my money seems to just slip away come the weekend

I know I'm going to sound as paranoid as fuck here, but I was on another thread and some fuck just said he sent my IP address to the CIA for some gang stalking program, then my internet connection dropped, which literally never happens. I'm kinda freakin out here, seriously.

Hahahaha

Do any wasters with spare money want to have a look at this shitfest?
Featuring a holocaust denier, a sovereign citizen advocate, numerous musicians, alternative medicine practitioners, fat neckbearded conspiracy nut, among other leading fringe figures.
Jordan Peterson I think
Click any links?

She's weird Twitter. There's left wing weird Twitter who only associate with left wingers and apolitical people, there's left wing weird Twitter who associate with anyone, there's apolitical/centrist weird twitter who associate with just themselves, there's apolitical/weird Twitter who associate with anyone, there's right-wing weird Twitter who associate with the right-wing and apolitical/centrists and there's right-wing weird Twitter who associate with anyone.

I'd say she's apolitical/centrist weird Twitter who'd associate with anyone. I've seen reactionaries call her leftist and leftists call her reactionary. She's friends with American "fascists" and DSA types.

Lads yous need to give up the drink

>Theobald Mathew (10 October 1790–8 December 1856),[1] was an Irish Catholic priest and teetotalist reformer, popularly known as Father Mathew. He was born at Thomastown, near Golden, County Tipperary, on October 10, 1790.

>The Knights of Father Mathew was a Catholic temperance society that originated in Ireland and promoted complete abstinence from intoxicating liquors.

>It was founded in Cork in 1838 by Theobald Mathew, a Capuchin friar – generally known as Father Mathew. Under his influence, branches the organization spread throughout Ireland, though it was badly disrupted by the Great Irish Famine of 1846 to 1849. Father Mathew also travelled in England and Scotland (1842) and in the United States (1849 to 1851) to preach temperance. It is estimated that 7,000,000 took the pledge of abstinence under his influence.

Lads, we should re introduce the original Irish Script, Irish has been written in it for far longer than the modern version, which looks ugly and overuses the letter h.

Get your Hurley ready boy, they are coming for you!

I'd definitely give her a go though. She's not half bad looking.

Why are you still here? You best be on your way boi.

Have fun being gay
Not gonna lie, I only posted that because I know she lurks these threads

I dream of a keyboard with that font

She orbits Irisih nationalist twitter and reposts memes. Too beta to actually interact.

Don't encourage her

I want to go to Mass but I haven't been in years. Also, I'd be going in there as a single 20 year old lad, I feel like people would look at me

>Don't encourage her
This

To her credit, she ain’t like those other e thots that take themselves all serious like

why would they? and why would you care? go to mass lad come back into the fold

We'll have them one day in our Gaelic nation

They wont be staring at you or passing judgement, just go in, sit in the back. You can’t go up for communion of course
Talk to the priest after mass

Better quality image for you

>can't go up for communion
Explain

Waterford anons pls report

Any other /fit/ Dublin anons here?
We had a locations thread on /fit/ and a huge load of us were from Dublin, other than Dallas Texas we had the most fitizens.

Speaking of flegs, did ye decide if ye wanted the seal instead of the tricolour?

Yeah every girl wants admiration from men that's why they can't stop face posting with very few exceptions. She's funny enough though tbf. Carlton BigDog (formerly cbanks420lol) is probably my favorite account and her tone reminds me of him. I've laughed at a few things she's done.

How hard is it to network your way into a Geography field job in Ireland? I have an Irish passport and want to make the move but I can't land an interview anywhere. I have a science degree from an American university, is that holding me back somehow? What job hunting website brings the best success in Ireland?

I would love to go into law in Ireland (getting an LLM) but can't speak Irish at all.

You haven’t recieved the sacrament yet, it’s be a sacrilege
I’m assuming you ain’t baptized

My ideal fleg

SO HOW YA'LL REACTING TO BEING NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF VIOLENT VIKING RAPE BABIES.

WOOHOO BRING ON THE MULTICULTURALISM!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one thing that I've always disliked is that it's civil war era free state soldier by the uniform. I wish it was less of a partisan uniform in it so that it wouldn't be so divisive. A war of independence

No I'm confirmed and everything, I just haven't been in ages.

Father Ted. Not a racist.

Ireland had the best uniforms both as paramilitaries and as official Army. We weren't flashy and pompous. They never looked like a fool wearing them.

Done mushrooms for the first time the other night lads. Had a bad trip.

Oh, I’m sorry, from your post it sounded like you were raised atheist
Evenso, you’re in a state of mortal sin and have to go to confession first for having missed mass all those years

The Vikings had little impact on the genetics in Ireland, less than 5%, and a lot of that could have been there before hand anyway.
If anything the Irish had much more impact on the genetics of the Vikings, Iceland for example

it's an Irish volunteer uniform I think, they are rather similar honestly main difference being the caps were different to the free states.

A warrior race

Understood.

I do like that fleg, but there is more ideal ones than that. Take the orange out.

>w*men

Idk, start with the OSI I guess.
newsweek.com/irish-viking-dna-792789

It's no surprise really. Anyone called Doyle has Viking blood, and it's a very common name in Dublin and the south & eastern ports generally. I think it's all paternal ancestry too... Meaning we did the fucking
>the clusters were primarily seen in western parts of Ireland. There were some clusters in the eastern part of the country too, but it’s believed that historic migration impacted the modern Irish genome and erased genetic divisions.
Wesht fellas are Iberian/Viking mutts, lel

Got anymore? Where did ya get em?

What you see?

HAHAHA! Please tell us about it user

The free state uniforms are cleaner and have a more stately feel than the volunteer ones, they are definitely different

So two days ago slugger posted an article about what a 32 County Dáil would look like if it existed today.

sluggerotoole.com/2018/01/26/what-would-a-32-county-dail-eireann-look-like/

>At the 2016 Irish General Election, there were approximately 30,000 people per TD, so the number of TDs is around the lowest number permitted by the constitution. Northern Ireland, with its 1.88m population, would be entitled to at least 63 TDs in an all-Ireland Dáil. However, if all of the 17 constituencies suggested in the latest re-districting proposals elected 4 TDs each, the resulting 68 TDs would be well within the number suggested by the Constitution.
>The model suggests that under the new constituencies, and given current levels of support, the DUP would expect to win between 34 and 37 seats, Sinn Féin would win 31-34 seats, the UUP and the Alliance Party would win six each, and the SDLP would win between four and six seats.

Last Summer, I went about trying this for myself and found similar results. However I only gave the North 60 seats.
The big problem with these predictions is whether the Borough Councils would be retained, or whether they would be scrapped and replaced by the County Council system (I believe the latter is likely).

If the County Council system is implemented, it would mean the re-drawing of Counstituencies as per the rules of the Constituency Commission.
Urban Constituencies would largely remain the same, however the Rural Constituencies would be required to fall onto the County Boundaries. From previous election data, this would likely mean gains for Nationalists and losses for Unionists.
(1/2)

What did you think was going to happen? Serves you right for doing drugs you retard

(2/2)
>It would require 113 TDs to form a majority in this hypothetical Dáil, and it is hard to see how a government could be formed without at least two of the largest four parties governing together, which for various historical reasons would be difficult to envisage.

This is also a major concern, as the first United Dáil will almost certainly be a mess.

However, as time goes on, it is very likely that the DUP will experience a notable decrease in seats.
One reason for this is what we've already seen - when Stormont was reduced from 105 seats to 90 seats the DUP experienced the largest decrease in seats.
If Slugger is to be believed, and NI would have 68 seats, they will again experience the most dramatic losses.

In my opinion, when a United Dáil occurs, the DUP will only hold around 10-12% of Dáil seats. Similar enough to Labour in 2002, they will likely mirror such impotency.
Another reason they will falter is simply because they are losing the Demographic War.

Similarly, I believe that Fianna Fáil will also experience losses.
As Civil War Politics enters it's retirement period, we will move into a typical Left/Right divide as is observable in every other Western European Nation.
Fine Gael have already put in the hard work - they have done a remarkable job of presenting themselves as the Right in this divide. Who will represent the Left? Obviously Sinn Féin.

Despite the fact that Slugger's graph may look like a mess, the demographics of the past will fade away as time goes on. Subsequent graphs will look much neater in about 30 years. The DUP and Fianna Fáil will start to fade away, as they have little function in this new State.

Isn't that the cryptogay board?

Oh I almost forgot.
What's our verdict on Leo? I know he's far from perfect but out of our current options, he's probably our best bet.

Irish Volunteer uniforms look far more impressive to me, the cap on the free state one looks kind of goofy. I would take someone in the IVF get up a lot more seriously.

Why do you keep shilling for this paki fuker? Stahp

Eh... kind of. There's a noticeable faggot presence but they usually keep it quiet.
Also, a bit of gay (no homo) banter

He's competent but not our guy in the least.

Just asking for the verdict lad. Clearly you're opposed. I'm just interested in how Eire Sup Forums feels about him.

wtf I love indians now

Started off good but I started spiraling in a bad trip. Never turned the heating on in the place I was in so I started getting cold, and the cold ended up seeping into my bones if not deeper. I ended up convincing myself I had done heroin and had lived my entire life as a junkie. I had thought everything prior was either a fabrication or I had thrown my life away with the heroin. Nothing at all made sense. I was completely detached from reality and stuck in what felt like an eternal time loop. I thought it would never end. It was legitimately the most horrifying experience of my life.

Also dredged up some thoughts from my subconscious. It was a bad, bad trip.

>all drugs are bad mkay

There is literally nothing wrong with psychedelics. You can learn a lot about yourself with them.

His name is Varadkar ffs.

Based leo is even pro abortion now

Well i will say one thing. For a queer paki he aint too bad. But he aint too good either mind you.

So based

>just ask your parents to pay for your socks like my doctor father did

I hate him. I'm pretty sure he was assembled in a factory.

Filename says it all, he needs to go

Oh god HAHAHAHAHA you poor creatur you.
That is fucking funny

Lol gay

I've looked at her Twitter a few times and all I've seen is the same sort of shite you see on le epic in with the lads online 16 year old teenage girl instagram accounts. There's a few female accounts on Twitter. Most of them have a bad attitude. @quitec0ntrary is entertaining but she's suspended. [spoiler]She looks really cute in some pictures[/spoiler]

You are a degenerate

Explain this spoiler thing please. I've ventured onto r9k a few times but I'm still confused on it

green shirts Irish comrades

Quitecontrary was a thot. Best one is @TheFoxEmoji . She's a sweatheart and not a faceposter and is Irish.

Psychedelics are ok, just use them responsibly like any thing and your grand. I should say i never done them though, so maybe i am not one to talk, but ka know... I might take some DMT some day maybe, or maybe not.

Thanks her accounts seems good. Spoiler is how you can hide a bit of the post so you can only read it if you click on it.

You are a degenerate

Nothing wrong with a bit of east Asian immigration

You are a tight arse

Man I'm sick of all this Mass shit. We should be promoting awareness and appreciation of traditional Gaelic mythology and folklore, you know stuff that is actually Irish and not some foreign Semitic religion.

That foreign semitic religion that our forefathers were rather willingly converted to and we actually know how to practice to this day. We can have both you know.

Kys faggot. I'll cut down your gay ass faerie tree bitch.

You can do both retard

Kay gay boi

Reminder to say a rosary for the preservation of the eighth

Kek
Enjoy your curses