How did they convince Aniplex that this is going to be a big hit and get two cours with some of the best production...

How did they convince Aniplex that this is going to be a big hit and get two cours with some of the best production values in TV anime history?

So why the resurgence in Asterisk threads?

They didn't. The production team just gave them money animate it, it's the production team's fault for thinking it's gonna be a big hit.

All BD are out for a week.

"some of the best production values in TV anime history" lol not even close

It's actually true. Two cours with zero quality and incredible animation from time to time. Sylvia or Orphelia episodes were crazy.

Even badly produced shows have bursts of good animation sometimes, from a production standpoint Asterisks is worse than the new Pokemon and various Bones, KyoAni or P.A Works shows.

It's more likely someone on the production staff has got connections with a handful of skilled animators.

Now this is just bullshit. It looked great for 24 episodes. It never had QUALITY. It had crazy good music. Animation was very good almost all the time.

>some of the best production values in TV anime history?

You probably think KyoAni has good production values because they put fillers and sparkles over a still image.

It looked fine, but you are overselling it a lot, also the animation was not expressive or unique or even impressive most of the time, can not compare to shows like Cowboy Bebop, Space Dandy, Zankyou no Terror, GITSSAC, OPM, Mob Psycho 100, Wolfs Rain, FMAB and many more

I think this was the worst, most generic battle harem show I've watched these past few seasons. 35th test platoon did it better and even that was mediocre

The animation was shoddy and ridiculous. I still remember that jump Atago did in the first episode.

Goodness that autocorrect

Well, I ended up liking it a lot compared to many of it's genre rivals to the point of picking up the LNs, so if anything it feels like it was made for me. Also both EDs are pretty good, fucking Rasmus Faber did a good job.

And of course, Saya and Kirin are the cutest, Claudia the sexiest, Julis a best, but number 1 girl goes for Sylvia.

Aniplex doesn't give a fuck, they have Madoka and Grand Order money, they'll fund anything.

I enjoyed the ED
never watched the show tho

An LNfags here? Does Syliva appear more? And hows her relationship with Ayato

I actually really like it despite hating MC with passion.

Setting is interesting. City is a better AC. Girls are great. All the really strong people except Ayato have interesting powers. Weapons look great.

If Ayato didn't exist this would be good. That's why I'm hoping that Queenveil yuri spin-off gets anime.

Next arc is about her.

>That's why I'm hoping that Queenveil yuri spin-off gets anime
Poor little dyke will never get her anime haha

Never say never. Scarlet Ammo spinoff got anime.

Yeah, the next arc after where the anime ends is Sylvia's arc which means they go on a date, then shit ensues and later she goes from just teasing to develop a crush on him.

I've seen this from many anons but I can't really hate the MC, I mean, he may be somewhat bland but aside from that he's not a complete retard, not a Gary Stu either (if there was one Mary Sue that's apparently Kirin), and seems to have good relationship with Julis.

Also it was very enjoyable because some threads were really comfy back then and escaped the constant presence from that Stellafag shitposter thanks to the Antimagic threads being around and active, thus being more tempting. If only they knew I liked the 3 series.

One of the main reasons why Ayato is so shit is because he's like a character that was made after author read harem threads on Sup Forums. He has the generic genre cliches but at the same time he has the things Anons want in a harem lead.

That resulted in an abomination of MC. He's super ultra strong, but actually there are people much stronger out there. He's super badass, but actually runs away from girls offering sex. He's a nice guy who wants to save people, but he also acts like a jaded bored alpha bad boy. He's stronger than his harem and seems to be in charge, but he does everything every girl tells him to do. And so on.

Its just yurifags hating the dude
Hes not bad at all

>He's super ultra strong, but actually there are people much stronger out there.
Oh boy that reminds me about how underused the chinese loli is.

There are at least 5 people who would rape Ayato even after he got rid of the seal. And about a dozen who are on his level. And that's just among characters that were introduced already.

All OP's and ED's were top tier.