How does Sup Forums explain California's massive success?

How does Sup Forums explain California's massive success?

This state does pretty much the opposite of what Sup Forums and most of the right wants, yet it's the most successful state, with the highest GDP in the country. It's literally top 5 in the world if it was an independent nation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=04Z3Rd0rD_I
youtu.be/mn1fxChSbYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the meaning of this?

>muh GDP

You shouldn't base how good your state on how much money jews are making.

because it was always successful. it's actually becoming less successful. same thing that happened with pretty much every major city

remember detroit? that literally used to be one of the biggest cities in america now it's a laughing stock

Detroit doesn't have the tech industry/hollywood/agriculture

This, the people of the state (especially the Citizens) do not get a single cent or benefit from all the dough the state rakes in, in fact all the money the State generates cannot be attributed to the Dems at all, all they do is siphon that money for their retarded social projects and launder it back in their own pockets. I'm not against having social programs for citizens, CA can afford to do it but instead of doing that it gives it to illegals while disenfranchising its citizens, the whites ones in particular. The replacement is fucking real guys and anything short of armed resistance is not going to stop it

>tech industry/hollywood
both white/jew fields.
>agriculture
used to be completely white.

California earned it's position under Republican control. Now it's near bankruptcy.

>Failing infrastructure. (Remember Oroville.)
>Terrible Traffic (getting through downtown LA takes 2-3 hours on a normal day on the highway)
>Full of gibs and free loaders.
>Has the most SJWs than any other state and has more leftists colleges than any other state.
>Literally having sex without signing a legal document is illegal.
>Full of stupid greenies that ignore how much oil we have in the state and impose pollution regulations that end up causing more pollution.
>Owning a reasonable fire arm is now illegal.
>All laws are intentionally vauge and open to interpretation.

I fucking hate living here, as soon as I am done with school I am moving to Texas.

Democrats are well on their way to ending that

>Become rich and successful while red
>turn into shit and go bankrupt after becoming blue

fuck off, we're full

hmm... there seems to be a bit of a pattern...

>success
>mass exodus of people and businesses out of the state
okay

oh wow

ahahahahaa

>citation needed

I am already a Texan at heart.

GDP is a dog shit measure of a country's success. If I demolish a bridge and then build another one for no reason at all, the GDP goes up, but is the country any richer? No.
Also, beware of any AVERAGE measure. Averages are always skewed upwards by extremely rich minorities, because there's usually a hard limit at the bottom (you can't have less than $0 income, and very seldom less than $0 networth) but not at the top.
A country with 9,999,999 people making $100 a year and one overlord making $19,000,000,100 comes out at an AVERAGE of $2000, but that's hardly meaningful. The median would be $100 which is much more realistic.

Also, when you compare with other countries you need to take local price and wage differences into account. What's the point of making $7000 a month if you pay $6000 in rent? You're not better off than someone who makes $1500 and pays $500 in rent, and you're worse off than someone who makes $1500 and pays $500 on a mortgage, since in X years the guy with the mortgage will own his home and won't have to pay anyone anymore.

tl;dr: The only sensible way to measure the financial well being of a population is PPP-adjusted median networth.

then maybe. If youre coming in from cali, the houses will be cheap to you.

Yes they are. The houses around DFW can be 1.5x larger but be 1/3 the cost.

Lowest IQ

Highest rates of poverty

Highest rates of welfare usage

Low economic mobility

Low per capita GDP

Highest crime rates, bar Chicago

High HIV infection rate

Low academic achievement, ranked one of the lowest in school performance

meh. China's PPP is high, yet pic related happens all the time

cali is crashing and burning. It can't sustain the current welfare state

Debt

I'm talking about HTX. It's even cheaper, plus there are less muslims and the suburbs are nice.

GDP is not the barometer of an economy’s health. Interest rates are. Fuck off kensian pleb.

>trusting statistics coming out of a communist government
>ever
Come on user, don't be like this.

>this is massive success

good point, Mario

This is a stupid post. California was relatively conservative until Reagan passed the 80s amnesty.

And the PPP of California is?

>When one state controls most of the countries export/imports and profits the most
>When all the profit is corporate and not personal
>When the state taxes those corporations extremely just so they can support their massive welfare "obligations"
>$200,000 homes inflated to over $1,000,000
>"We'ze the best state"

don't know, don't care.
I'm not the one who's trying to prove a thesis here, the burden of proof is not on me.

I'd guess it's pretty poor since everyone rents and they have an insane amount of people below the poverty line, though.

>It's literally top 5 in the world if it was an independent nation.
No. It's now 7th. It was 5th before dems took over

This explains it all
youtu.be/mn1fxChSbYk

I'll give you a little hint. It is the same as the GDP (Hint: what is the difference between Nominal and PPP as a general measure?).

>2009
Nice outdated stats. Apple just built a multi-billion dollar campus in my neighborhood, Google is doing so as well.

Are you retarded?
You do realize I was talking about PPP adjusted _median_ __networth__ right?

That has literally NOTHING in common with GDP at all.

California has been resting on the success built up during 100 years of Republican control and limited government. But now, they've managed to whittle all of that away.

While they have the highest GDP of the states, PER CAPITA they were #8 in 2016, and they're only going to go down from there.

Their public schooling system is ranked dead last. Their pension crisis is only going to get worse. Hollywood has been taking record losses, so that source of revenue that the state is dependent on is diminishing.

I recently moved to California for work and there are good things and bad. It's impossible not to see that the biggest draw is the climate.

There are the beaches, the outdoors, the feeling that you are in the middle of something important and crazy and Babylonian happening in the city.

But, on the other hand, it's very expensive. Mainly because of the rampant immigration, the rent is astronomical. I don't understand how anyone buys houses in the city. Partly because rent is high, there is mounting homelessness. There are a lot of drug users. A lot of criminally insane people wandering around. Taxes are HIGH. Traffic is so bad you can spend hours going across town. There is severe pollution.

This is just my impression from having lived here a couple months.

California could have been a utopia but they got out of control about foreign investment and immigration. That's what much of that "growth" is, its foreign investments, rackets, drug dealers, foreign work visas (all of Silicon Valley), and ballooning real estate from housing shortage.

Most middle income people are actually leaving the state right now but I like it for the time being. Interesting to be here and certainly better than some middle American potato town.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
MISSISSIPPI REPORTING

The biggest problem with housing is that "progressives" stop being progressive when it affects their neighborhoods/home values.

SF/Oakland should be much taller, that would definitely help. There's absolutely no reason techies should be the only class of Californian able to buy a house

Highest cultural enrichment rate out weighs your shit argument. Diversity is our strength!

any other questions cuck?

>Lowest IQ
Citation needed
>Highest rates of poverty
Not when adjusted for the population
>Highest rates of welfare usage
see above
>Low economic mobility
It's actually one of the few places where an education and work ethic is a guarantee of a high paying job.
>Low per capita GDP
Still well in the top 10
>Highest crime rates, bar Chicago
Actually CA has lower rates of gun crime
>High HIV infection rate
So?
>Low academic achievement, ranked one of the lowest in school performance
Legitimate problem

>How does Sup Forums explain California's massive success?

I lived in California for 27 years. And while I know this is a bait thread. Here goes..

>Every major city in the state is BROKE and in MASSIVE DEBT

>Gang members in the state and in all the major cities number in the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS

>Mudslides, fires, air pollution, and major droughts that last for years.

>Crime rates in major cities like Los Angeles sky rocketing.

>Massive homeless population in all the major cities.

>City streets are so unclean that cities like San Diego had hepatitis outbreaks just from having people walk in dirty sidewalks.

>Hispanics dominate major cities and are openly hostile, and even violent, towards anyone who isn't their own kind.

>Massive income disparity.

>Cost of living is outrageous.

>Traffic problems everywhere.

>Noise pollution in major cities it unbearable.

>The mentally ill are just allowed to wander in the streets.

>Satanists literally held open rituals in Los Angles and it was covered, and celebrated, by the local news

>Tons of human trafficking.

>Tons of sex crimes and pedophiles.

>Tons of cults, occultists and other damned dark religious weirdos.

I honestly could go on all day. You have no idea just how bad it is. You really don't.

Other poster here. Born and raised in San Francisco.

California is a mixed bag. Big businesses are getting bigger but the margins continue to slip away. Myself and ~80% of my friends didn't move back to California after college because it's over priced and uncomfortable.

We all work in technical fields too (and one in financial consulting) so it's not like we're failures fleeing the state. I moved to Florida in 2017 actually, that infographic isn't totally outdated.

>ME LIEK CAWEEFIRNYEAH
>ME LIEK WILDFIRES
>ME LIEK PAYING TAXES TO SUBSIDIZE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
>ME LIEK DESTROYING WATER ECOSYSTEMS OF ENTIRE SOUTHWEST USA
>ME LIEK CHAINING CHILDREN TO BED
>ME LIEK GUAC ON ALL MUH FOOD
>ME LIEK NARCISSISTIC PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
>ME LIEK SWIMMING IN TURDS AND SEWAGE FROM TIJUANA
>ME LIEK SPENDING 20% OF MY LIFE SITTING IN TRAFFIC
>ME LIEK PAYING EXORBITANT MONTHLY RENT
>ME LIEK EVERYTHING EXPENSIVE
>ME LIEK HOLLYWOOD
>ME LIEK TACOS
>ME LIEK ECONOMICALLY RESTRICTIVE REGULATIONS
>ME LIEK DROUGHTS
>ME LIEK EARTHQUAKES
>ME LIEK MUDSLIDES
>ME LIEK MEXICAN DRUGS
>ME LIEK FEDERAL JUDGES WHO UNDERMINE THE PRESIDENT ELECTED BY THE COUNTRY
>ME LIEK HOMELESS PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
>ME LIEK PISSING AND SHITTING IN CITY STREETS
>ME LIEK MENTAL ILLNESS AND DRUG ADDICTION
>ME LIEK SUPERFICIALITY
>ME LIEK HAVING ZERO AMBITIONS AND GET HIGH ON BEACH ALL DAY
>ME LIEK COLLEGE STUDENTS RIOTING AGAINST CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED FREE SPEECH
>ME LIEK CAWEEFIRNYEAH SO I MOVE AND TURN DENVER, BOISE, ETC. INTO MINI CAWEEFIRNYEAHS
>ME LIEK BEING MOST HATED US STATE
>ME LIEK BEING IN THE EPICENTER OF CULTURAL DECLINE AND DEGENERACY
>ME LIEK HARBORING MILLIONS OF MEXICAN RECONQUISTAS
>ME LIEK GIVING MONEY TO MEXICANS SO THEY CAN SEND IT BACK TO MEXICO
>ME LIEK HIV/AIDS
>ME LIEK MEXICAN GANGS AND CARTEL
>ME LIEK MASSIVE LEVELS OF INCOME INEQUALITY
>ME LIEK PEDOPHILES
>ME LIEK JURIES THAT FIND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WHO KILL PEOPLE INNOCENT
>ME LIEK TRANSPLANTED PALM TREES THAT BECOME BRITTLE
>ME LIEK NO FAULT DIVORCE
>ME LIEK CAWEEFIRNYEAH

Industry has run out of California. The Tech Industry is next.

he said rates, you fucking dumbass

Yah, pretty much. Only the big, well-established companies that have their tax entitlements grandfathered in are staying.

Even the state employees flee when they retire. Their pensions go farther in Oregon/Washington/Arizona and they get to avoid taxation onto death.

California is 15 years away from another budget crisis once the exoduse's effects really add up and they realize they're missing an entire generation of skilled labor and tax payers. The unskilled, largely latino, population will remain, however.

>Myself and ~80% of my friends didn't move back to California after college because it's over priced and uncomfortable.
Why would you forgo the UC/CSU system?

Well, I hope you enjoy 15 more years of CA superiority threads!`

Some of my friends did UCs but I went out of state. The UCs are good in general, really great for graduate level education.

Once you have your education though it often makes sense to leave the state if you're young.

>highest state income tax
>deducted from federal taxes due

>How does Sup Forums explain California's massive success?

Whites living in a place with many natural resources. But that was the past. California is crumbling. Unless you think it is "success" to have almost $1 trillion in unfunded liabilities, $2 trillion in total debt, a plummeting GDP per capita, a disappearing middle class, a declining literacy rate, exploding homelessness, hepatitis outbreaks in 2 of your 3 largest cities, increasing number of high school drop outs, increasing teen pregnancy and for the first time since we've kept records a decreasing average IQ.

Let this sink in, in the last 7 years California has gone from contributing $1.5 in federal income taxes for every $1 they receive back in federal funding to contributing $1 dollar for every $1 dollar they receive. In the coming years CA will have to rely on the tax payers of NY and TX to keep them afloat.

Imagine thinking that GDP is a reliable measure of determining how well the economy and the living standards of individuals are in a state or country.

There are actually plenty of smart people here, as well as plenty of schools (SoCal is saturated with Universities and Colleges). Its just that most of them are indoctrinated. Everything else is spot on.