The Republic

Is pic related worth reading or is it just for political newfags?

Start with the greeks faggot.

Plato was one of the first to distinguish between the blue pill (appearance) and the red pill (reality). Worth reading.

This book is one giant red pill on the nature of man and equality.

The only book you need to read is "art of the deal" by the emperor himself

Literally every argument that has ever been had in the west can be summarized by Aristotle vs. Plato.

Unironically this

Absolutely. Remember as you go through it that it's one big thought experiment to find out the perfect soul, don't take it as a how to guide to create a city. That said, it's the foundation of a lot of Western thought on the nature of a society and its people.

Its worth a read even if it includes perfidious feminism and philosopher king babble. Just the cave allegory alone is one of the best things in ever written down.

Yes
Hi /lit/
Hi r/t_D

When I took a political theory class, my professor tried to claim that The Republic is satire.

waste of time

Plato
>"Fuck all those oligarchs, military timocrats and plebs! Only my kind can rule with a soul made of gold!"
>gets btfo by Diogenes in his own classroom

I honestly don’t think Plato’s philosopher king could get a job today.

That allegory really is great. Still applicable today.

It's both.

kys fascist

Myth of the metals and the dialogues with Thrasymachus are pretty good, but I would recommend Aristotle's Politics as a better starting point for classical political theory.

Kys commie faggot

Absolutely worth reading, but I doubt you will. It takes effort. At least listen to a recorded version of it you faggot.

If you would do me the pleasure, could you expand on your conceptualization of fascism and why you think it's a bad thing?

it’s the first book you read in college

or hs if you’re smart

>implying that street shitting commie btfo'd anyone at anytime

rare triple kek - well done

But I thought the Greeks beat each other off all the time.

ΜΟΥ ΕΘΙΟΠΙΚΟΣ ΠΡΟΣΩΠΟΣ

>philosopher king

Isn't he the one that's supposed to reveal reality to the allegory?

If you're at all interested in politics, or philosophy for that matter, it's mandatory. So many things reference it, the ideas it introduced are still regularly discussed in a serious manner -- but FAR more importantly, if you understand it, the smug faggots on YouTube talking about muh Plato and muh Aristotle will be revealed to be total fucking niggerbrains 99% of the time, as the references they make to Plato are almost invariably wrong or misinformation based on Wikipedia generalizations.