What's the difference between Protestantism and Catholicism? Which are better in your idea?

what's the difference between Protestantism and Catholicism? Which are better in your idea?

Protestants believe in salvation through faith alone, Catholics do not.

>no 72 virgins
both are shit, let's be honest

>both less heretical than your sandnigger nonsense
FTFY

I believe in reincarnation and immortality so. Also:

>Simpsons

>m-my all powerful God will give me a slightly inferior paradise, but at least I'm not a heretic

protestants are complicit with homosexuality, causal sex, and other forms of moral relativism

My all powerful god is real, you goatfucking pedophile.

Perhaps we're talking about the same God. Maybe it's like we're all riding on airplane, but while you are riding coach about to go to work for the Jews, I'm in the cockpit.

Catholics have more aesthetic churches. Protestants have shanty shacks that occasionally lack elevated pews. This also may be why the ancient Christians of the middle ages, particularly in the area around the Vatican, managed to stay in power for so long; if you create a large, beautiful, and opulent structure, you are showing yourself as being higher (better) than the common folk. If you attribute the structure to God, then you are saying God is far higher than the common believer will ever be. Of course, this could be why Protestant's offer more laxity in their morals than Catholics; they could not keep up with their aesthetics, so they had to offer something different.
This does mean religion is another product on the free market, which wouldn't be far off from today's view on the matter. In fact, it explains rather well why religious fervor has been picking up in the past century; they just want a bigger market share. More accurately, they want a bigger market share than all of the other faiths.

Protestants are responsible for:

>Dividing the Western World and encouraging centuries of bloodshed against fellow Christians, distracting Christendom from its true enemies of militant atheism and Islam, instead of trying to reform the Church
>Bombing abortion clinics and trying to hang gays
>Witch burnings
>Editing the Bible at will due to their feelings to justify any of their actions
>Demonising the Inquisition through the use of propaganda
>The concept of Faith Alone, leading to cold, heartless, and degenerate societies who place no value on good works
>The concept of predestination, whereby none of your good acts on Earth matter if you don’t believe in their particular version of "Jaysus" and go to hell
>Keeping the American South a backwards shithole for more than two centuries in stark contrast to the much more developed and wealthy Catholic regions
>Contributing less to charity than Catholics and even some atheists, now and in the past
>Prohibition
>Creationism
>Rapture
>Megachurches
>Worse than Catholics, Jews, and Muslims when it comes to sexually abusing children
>Faith healing
>The anti-vaccination movement
etc.

Protestants are less trashy and build better societies.

Protestants believe in anime and Catholics don't

I wonder who could be behind this thread...

>The concept of Faith Alone, leading to cold, heartless, and degenerate societies who place no value on good works
>The concept of predestination, whereby none of your good acts on Earth matter if you don’t believe in their particular version of "Jaysus" and go to hell
Real talk: this is 100% not hyperbole.

catholics believe that the pope and the catholic church have the right to tell them what they believe

protestants believe that their minister / archbishop / local televangelist / protestant church has the right to tell them what to believe

possible exception being Quakers and some other protestant sects

>protestants are the ones that edit the bible
>believes the church is the source of truth over God's literal word

Stopped reading there. Papists are insane

>instead of trying to reform the Church
you dumb piece of shit remind me what happened to people who tried to "reform the church"? catholics are such dindus about the reformation, they act as though luther appeared from a bolt of lightning and started causing trouble just for the sake of it

>but while you are riding coach about to go to work for the Jews, I'm in the cockpit.
Ill admit that made me kek

Tobit, Judith, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch, Maccabees...

>God's literal word
>except the ones that we don't like

t. protestant

Don't forget Bel and the Dragon.

Catholics believe in doctrine Protestants dont

Protestantism focuses more on the word of God and a personal relationship with God, and Catholicism has more of an established hierarchical structure of communication i.e. confession, the pope, Rome, etc. Protestants sought out the actual texts that Catholics were hiding from the masses. There are some good docs on youtube.

>instead of trying to reform the Church

>Hey, could you stop doing things that the bible clearly says is wrong?
>Lol, burn him
>Lol, burn him
>Lol, burn him

There is no difference

Martin Luther removed like 6 or 7 books from the Catholic Bible

>>In the 16th century, Martin Luther adopted the Jewish list, putting the Deuterocanonical books in an appendix. He also put the letter of James, the letter to the Hebrews, the letters of John, and the book of Revelation from the New Testament in an appendix. He did this for doctrinal reasons (for example: 2 Maccabees 12:43-46 supports the doctrine of purgatory, Hebrews supports the existence of the priesthood, and James 2:24 supports the Catholic doctrine on merit). Later Lutherans followed Luther’s Old Testament list and rejected the Deuterocanonical books, but they did not follow his rejection of the New Testament books.

why didn't the evil catholic church just cut his head off immediately?

I'm not calling the Catholic Church evil user. But The Protestant Reformation made it possible to read the bible for one's self... for those who could actually read.

References to vernacular translations of the bible go back as early as the 7th century. Protestants wern't even close to the first ones to do it, and the Catholic Church only restricted them in a few very specific cases, there was no blanket ban on vernacular bibles. The letter from Innocent III to the bishop of Metz that protestants like to point to never actually orders a ban on translations, he just warns the bishop of the dangers of bad translations and untrained preachers