Huurrrrr durrrr I'm just jealous of humans because muh friendship

>Huurrrrr durrrr I'm just jealous of humans because muh friendship
>Even though there's absolutely nothing preventing homonculus from having friends on top of their awesome powers as greed proved

Why was brotherhood such a sanctimonious steaming pile of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wv0cs2QPjfo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because random injections of "FUNNY" content into SERious moments really KILLED the MOOD

also wanting to eat god who is also the moon and then losing a fist fight is fucking stupid

that was retarded but him being a giant green penis monster was by far the dumbest shit ever.

Don't do it Colonel! Don't you know? If you kill your enemies, they win! I mean come on, it's 1914!

Swat Bradley a best.

well he IS a physical embodiment of Envy

It was more like "Okay, you're being a real dick right now"

It's in his name, dumb nigger cattle
Do you think an SS officer would want to be friends with a bunch of subhuman gypsies?

Greed was a bro and not a fucking autist like envy.

Weird how he wasn't being a dick and didn't get a corny childlike speech about morality when he was roasting the piss out of lust.

He also wasn't raging like a fucking tard then

I see so it's okay to brutally kill in the most painful way possible as long as you are super chill about it.

Also make sure you have your shirt off to get the panties wet with your wicked abs.

You're a real brainlet.

Well yeah no shit, if you're a soldier and your squadmate starts to lose his shit, you're gonna be worried. You're not gonna be worried if he's calmly killing the enemy, that's what you're supposed to do.

>be the literal embodiment of a dude's envy
>be envious
Help, anime is too complicated for me

Glad we cleared up that moral dilemma, brutalizing your defenceless enemies is perfectly fine as long as you keep your cool guy persona intact.

Reminder that 2003 had by far the best writing and best animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=wv0cs2QPjfo

This is on a whole different level. And that fucking OST too.

Yes, it is, because you don't want your squad to think you might start attacking them because you're not in control. I bet you're a western European.

Dante was fucking hot

Damn dude that was fuggin deep, what do I have to do to become a wise philosopher like yourself?

>Be unable to understand simple shit.
>Think it's the show's fault.

Start with testosterone shots.

>Even though there's absolutely nothing preventing homonculus from having friends

Except for the fact that they're sociopaths incapable of feeling something for most of time, save a few exceptions.

He is literally the embodiment of envy you lobotomized retard.

>save a few exceptions.
seems like a pretty critical flaw in your theory there pal

so greed can become a good guy and be friends with the MC because why exactly? why isn't he a sociopath?

So why is he jealous of humans? Because sociopaths certainly arent jealous of normal people for feeling empathy.

Otherwise they wouldn't be sociopaths.

Because he hitched a ride in an actual human being, and learned to care about people from there.

>All these brotherhood fags defending shit writing
Just give up, Brotherhood is fine when you're a kid but you're supposed to be over 18 to post here.

I wasn't aware that sociopaths could "learn" to have emotions.

They aren't even real people.

As far they lnew, Envy was completely harmless at that point. Lust was fully capable of skewering the asses of aeveryone around her up until when Mustang roasted her.

Okay so why can they learn to be real people then?

The point is that they aren't human, they are artificial humans called homunculi. Because they aren't human, they are incapable of having bonds like normal human beings. By assimilating with a human being, Greed became more human, and was able to actually care about people.
What about this is so hard to understand?

oh fuckin lawd

They can't, they can only be an imitation of real people. Which is probably why they're so pissed off.

anime really went to shit about halfway in

>Greed became more human, and was able to actually care about people.
So an artificial human without the capacity for any human emotion other than greed was able to become a human by being around a human.

heh summerfag, now you call me reddit, then I'll call you a normie, then we can go back and forth calling each other names

Not being around a human, literally inhabiting the same body and headspace

2003 was better, it just needed more episodes

Makes perfect sense

All the Homunculi were supposed to be ironic in several forms, form their powers to personality to fates.

Lust died from man she fell for.
Gluttony could eat anything and was eaten
Envy could turn into anyone but died hating others
Greed died selflessly
Wrath had the power to never be blinded by rage and died peacefully
Sloth had super speed and died fighting
Pride was op as fuck but died after lowering himself.

I want to rewatch this series.
I can't remember how the sins were even created.

>2003fags still exist
Holy shit, I realize that it blew your edgy, underdeveloped 12 year old minds, but it was 14 years ago, you're grown ass men now that should look at it critically and realize what a piece of shit it was.

This dude was fucking retarded.

Lust was in love with Roy? I don't remember that for some reason.

It wasn't very well explained.

Hell, I'm not sure how it was done and I finished the show like three months ago

too bad your brain is too full of reddit memes to understand 2003's writing.

It was just the studio winging it since they ran out of source material.

>understand 2003's writing.
>all of you plebs are to stupid to understand how deep the implications of rape baby are

People like you think shit like Naru Taru is some kind of masterpiece.

I want to fuck Envy.

Naru Taru is a masterpiece.
Yeah, it gets fucking random when the MC gets fucking blown to pieces then comes back to life, but it's an enjoyable read.

I wanna fuck edward mom

What is a counter transmutation circle that was being built by Hoenhime at the same time father was building his.

I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but at least it never bored me.
Half the time I was bored with 2003. Only time I wasn't was with the last 10 episodes.

This one is the seriously underrated bullshit bomb in brotherhood.

I actually laughed when I first got to that part.

This
The reason to roast Lust was because she was a threat and continued to be a threat right up until she died
Envy in that state was no longer a threat, and the only reason to kill him was for Mustang's revenge

>and the only reason to kill him
was because he's a fucking Homunculus that gets off on killing random people.

It has been settled already numerous times OP.
2003 Lust >B Lust
2003 Gluttony = B Gluttony
2003 Wraith < B Wraith
2003 Sloth < B Sloth
2003 Pride > B Pride lol shota
2003 Greed > B Greed
2003 Envy = B Envy

Which had been established, so why make a dramatic scene to drive that in?

Her original body was a red head.

>Bradly is the tits no matter which version he's in
Agreed; easily one of my favorite characters in anime.

Why not?

I don't mean her body, I mean her personality. I fucking love female villains. I would kill for a series where a hot villainess successfully seduces the MC to the dark side.

Bradley > 2003 Wrath > B Pride

Well, because we already know envy is born of a single personality flaw?

Honestly the sin-discard concept is a cool idea completely wasted in brotherhood. As it stands it just doesn't fit well, we aren't properly given an idea of its purpose at least in results.
Dwarf doesn't act like a smug cunt anymore when we see him as Father, but instead he acts like an old man right up until the skin falls off, where he starts acting like a chattering imp again. His personality change seems just as likely a result of his human body and centuries of planning as it is a result of his "discard". There is also the fact that he still pretty much has the flaws he's discarded. The purpose isn't quite seen then beyond Hohenhiem pointing out that perhaps he wanted a family but even still, it basically proved dangerous detaching your personalities as seen with Greed. Did he really need to discard his flaws to eat god? Doesn't seem like it made a difference.

Soul Eater also did the same shit, Asura ended up being Death's discarded fear which ultimately led to a fucking demon god; which was retarded writing because of course making a one dimensional avatar of your emotional flaws will cause to be you, but shit because they're only ever afraid. I guess you could make a story with villains like that, but ultimately it didn't work in soul eater because why the fuck would Death do such a stupid thing?

Never mind the complete loss of interesting elements in Asura, because having him just human and being a fear poisoned lunatic would make a far more interesting villain then someone born as a walking emotional blurt, which is also the reason why Brotherhood homonculi are shit.

>Did he really need to discard his flaws to eat god? Doesn't seem like it made a difference.
did you see him attempt to eat god without discarding his flaws? no? Then how can you say it didn't make a difference?

Didn't seem like, he just needed a massive transmutation circle and a countries worth of souls to keep god locked up.

It was more that they did want to kill Envy for his crimes, but they didn't want Mustang to be the one doing it while he was angry and bloodthirsty. Because it would set a bad precedent for him not being able to control his emotions while making decisions as King.

>regret what he was doing and kill himself

Even the first anime with rape shit and edgy ending was far better than that, literally generic shounen villain.

>rape shit
Wait what, when was that?

In 03 Rose got porked by some big burly Aryan soldiers and had a rape baby.

Bretty hot

heheh penis envy

>regret
He didn't regret shit, he just couldn't take being chastised anymore

Oh shit, yeah I remember that. Damn, it's been a long time since I've watched 03

>there's absolutely nothing preventing homonculus from having friends on top of their awesome powers as greed proved
Most of the homunculus looked down on humans all the time, including Envy and Lust and Pride
Wrath and Greed were exceptions because the former used to be human and had a human waifu, the latter was a rebel

Brotherhood had Olivier Armstrong

>2003 Greed > B Greed
You can't be serious.

A manly tear was shed when B Greed died.

Riza is better

>Father is literally defeated by his own Greed
Bravo Chinese lady I cant be fucked to remember how to spell

>he can't even remember how to spell Arakawa after that show under the bridge

>>Even though there's absolutely nothing preventing homonculus from
His name was literally Envy for a reason. Greed can have friends because he's greedy, but Envy was destined to envy everything ever since he was given that name. Its meant to be on the nose.

He didnt regret shit, but he just couldn't stand being pitied if anything.

>good writing

seriously? should i start with the plot holes?

Not sure if official dub or amateur hour YT parody. I could only get through like 10 seconds.

People like the FMA dub for some reason. Toonami niggers my guess.

Weeb

Father was one big philosophers stone.
He split off his negative qualities into smaller philosophers stones.
It really is not that hard