Jewish last names

If it says a last name's origin is "Polish and Jewish" could it just be a Polish name without any Jewish roots? My great grandmother was a devout Catholic but it says her last name was "Polish and Jewish" on Wikipedia. My brother and I don't look like kikes at all and neither does my mother but theoretically what are the chances that we are?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przegonia_coat_of_arms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pls reply this is of the utmost urgency

is this what you want Sup Forums? here have it. but just help me out here please

Please Sup Forums. I'm losing sleep over this. I don't want to be Jewish. I really, really fucking don't. Please help me confirm.

A lot of Jews Slavicized their names, so there's a lot of Jews with names ending in -ski and -sky. Slavic Jews are pretty hard to detect in general because they look pretty similar to the surrounding Slavic population.

What are the chances of one of them being Catholic? She lived in west Poland before she migrated here and I'm unsure of the Jewish demographics during the first quarter of the 20th century

There's no shortage of English last names with Jewish roots and no Jewish ancestry. Johnson, Michaels etc.

Jews are a small percentage of the population and those names were originally slavic, it's unlikely your great grandma was Jewish. Take a DNA test if you're that paranoid, as if 1/8th Ashkenazi DNA actually means anything.

You're most likely not even a bit Jewish. During their emancipation Jews had to take goy names so literally any name could have a Jewish origin, but it's unlikely.
The typical Jewish names, the -steins and -bergs areactually a result of Jews creating German sounding names that are referencing the old testament.

>be me
>be of Polish disapora
>last name is very rare and pure szlachta
>DNA confirms I have no Jew blood

>
jewish isn't a fucking race retard its a religion just because an ancestor was jewish doesn't mean it's spread through bloodline

As long as you're not brown, who cares?

Jewish is an ethnicity as well as a religion. But Ashkenazi Jews are really just Europeans mixed with semites or khazars.

Jews are absolutely an ethnicity. It's called being an ethnoreligous group.

Also OP if your grandma's last name ends in -sky she's most likely has Jew ancestry

People can simply change their last name to Goldberg or some other Jewish last name, so just because someone has a Jewish last name doesn't mean the person has a Jewish background

Poland was like a quarter Jewish up until WW2. Most Jews lives in Eastern Europe at the time.

I'm gonna get tested as soon as I have the money. Here's hoping I get a similar result.
It doesn't end in -sky or -ski. It ends in -icki

>icki

my nigga, literally me

How hard is it to google it? Aa far as I remember, there was like 10-15% jews back then, 6-10% germans and the rest was rather Polish. All depends on the region. West had more germans, east had more other slavs

My last name is extremely Scottish. This is just the last name of my great grandmother on my mother's mother's side. I don't wanna dox you but I'm curious what yours is

shekelstein

>If it says a last name's origin is "Polish and Jewish" could it just be a Polish name without any Jewish roots?
Yes it could be. Only way to know for sure is DNA test.

Nope, 8.5% Jewish in 1931

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przegonia_coat_of_arms

Look up the meaning of the name. If it's anything to do with precious metals of jewels I got bad news.

Jews and polish had little intermixing. If she doesn't look like a Jew then she isn't

Problem is I've never seen her, but mom said she had blonde hair and blue eyes.
It doesn't, thankfully. It means "new"

Fucking sick of you stupid faggots.
Consult the damn chart.