ITT: Tropes you love

>Hero and Villain unite against a common enemy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i-gsshqRGaU&t=260s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trope_(literature)
youtube.com/watch?v=dm2ud36dD-s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the enemy is midterm exams

>The MC dies/is defeated and a secondary character kills/defeats the main villain in a painful and ironic way.

>old man who is way out of his prime is the strongest character
>character is strong because he uses his powers very creatively but he has no actual firepower or bullshit abilities
>the "yaa, gomen gomen" guy is the villain

>tropes

youtube.com/watch?v=i-gsshqRGaU&t=260s

>opening theme plays during final battle
>episode starts with dramatic moment and just before the climax OP starts playing

>tropes
I haven't followed super at all.
Do they team up?
I also love when that happens.

> that feel when

The universe will be destroyed if they don't win a tournament, Buu went to sleep so Goku got Frieza to stand in after some talking.

They are gay for eachother

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trope_(literature)

>the silly, lazy character gets serious and fucks shit up
>the "OH SHIT" antagonist does NOT job or monologue, but simply stomps everyone and swiftly moves on with their objective, and the protagonists proceed to train harder for several chapters / episodes instead of immediately fighting back with a convenient powerup
>"there's a drawback to this ability," and the author actually goes through with it making the character have a big sacrifice and face the consequences of the ability's drawback
>delinquent jerk-type character has a soft spot (loves animals, helps old people, etc.)

>old man past his prime
even better is when it's an old man / old lady / older generation flashback arc. this is almost always a 10/10

>Villain is so overpowered for the setting that you have to introduce a third party capable of wiping him out.

That character that is so strong it could solve the entire main conflict in like 5 minutes but doesn't interfere directly because fuck you that's why.

First trope applies (more like second or third strongest but whatever)

This one too

>incredibly strong character is introduced
>immediately killed off as a means of introducing an even stronger character

This is one of the shittiest tropes.

jojo part 6
fuck that hurts me deep inside

>A literary trope is the use of figurative language – via word, phrase, or even an image – for artistic effect[1] such as using a figure of speech.

What part of that means cliche?

>The word trope has also come to be used for describing commonly recurring literary and rhetorical devices,[2] motifs or clichés in creative works.[3][4]

Also Steel Ball Run with AU Diego

>Clutz side character in the crew gets serious when shit gets real and more than pulls his weight

Why is this trope so awesome.

>Event involves multiple organizations and becomes a battle royale
It's pretty interesting when you can't know who will win and shows us the world building

>source 2: 1998 edition of a literary dictionary, the current edition of which makes no mention of this alternate definition
>source 3: online """dictionary"""
>source 4: (((revised entry)))

It's an illegitimate use of the word that numales cling to because it makes their capeshit analysis look less pitiful. Next look up the meaning of 'deconstruction' you fucking faggot.

>A character actually denying author bullshit and getting things done

Not disagreeing with you in general, but what do "numales" have to do with it? Why are you bringing them up?
Aren't you doing the same thing he is doing?

>the mc was the best girl all along

bungou stray dogs s2 top notch at that. I fucking love it too.

>edgy MC genki heroine

>character removes weighted clothing

always gets me hyped

this, especially when it's a male MC

>you will never be as autistic as this guy
I bet you get mad at people who use gay to refer to homos

I can't wait to see this shit in gintama last season with gorilla.

>MC unintentionally kills his love interest

>Antagonist or minor villain who thinks he's tough shit getting absolutely humiliated and/or wrecked before his defeat
Granted this is fairly common, but unless it somehow connects to the plot, it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth when some faggot villain dies on his own terms and gets the last laugh.

Stop it. Kurisa didn't deserve it

If you can't win, you can at least pretend that losing is part of your plan.

The attempt to change the meaning of a word from something beautiful to something ugly is characteristic numale behaviour.

>tropes

>Main character hears a dead character talking to them during a near death experience.

>Character who it hasn't even been hinted about is a traitor and yet it makes perfect sense.

>Villain is gloating but then has their blood run cold when the one person they fear shows up and wrecks their shit.

>Good character is supposed to have been evil the whole time but they weren't.

>Villain realizes they're being evil but finishes the fight because they know it's honorable.

Ah, so you're just Sup Forumsposting.

>The mentor used to be the same as or similar to the MC in his childhood/youth

While I agree with you, there really isn't much that can be done about it. Living languages constantly (d)evolve and change, and what is considered misuse of a term today may very well be accepted a few years down the line.

>love interest dies immediately after or during the wedding at the end of the series
or
>love interest is physically part "evil" and when source of said "evil" is destroyed they die at the wedding

That was actually one of the worse parts of TTGL.

That doesn't mean you should just allow ignorant retards use words however they please. Evolution brought forth humans, but too much spontaneous genetic change is just cancer.

It has nothing to do with politics, anyone who cares about the arts would hate to see their cultural riches despoiled in this way.

>>It has nothing to do with politics

Neither does Sup Forums

It wouldn't be about politics if you weren't forcing them into the discussion.

Remind me who that is.

And who are we to hold authority over the change of language? It is an organic thing, nothing you can stop, merely something you can watch happen. Of course it's good to correct people when they are wrong, but one should do so without anger and realize that, outside of the academic world, these "high-brow" definitions do not matter to people.

are gokus eyes that sensitive to light? could I just point a laser pointer into them and blind him for life?

i know, it was a joke.

another trope:
>MC gets his face pounded into the ground until he finally "breaks/takes off his limiter" and OHKOs the villain.

>Villain that is clearly advantaged wants to have a fair fight for the sake of honor
That one gets me every time. Bonus point if it ends up being a close battle

Anyone who cares about the arts realises how language works

Stopped illiterate retard
You should go back to something awful.

youtube.com/watch?v=dm2ud36dD-s

this is you

Smug scumbag sons of bitches who become best bros over their mutual scummines.
RIP in peace scums

honorable villains are the best

Tropes I Despise:
>When the Hero and Villain team up to defeat a common enemy.

Only if after they removed the interruption they get back to slugging at each other and not discovering their friendship power.

>Femme Fatale

>romance between villain/villainesses and hero/heroine
>hard mode, they become a thing at the very end or mid at least
Pic related is the one that maded me love this. Also

>the buttmonkey is actually OP as fuck, even more than the MC

>villain follows an honor code and gains respect from the hero, despite them being at odds with each other

>old man/past generation character defeats a villain and shows the MC how it's done

>final battle between MC and villain and the opening song starts to play

>final battle between MC and villain get to batshit insane powerlevels and exhaust each other until it turns into a fistfight in the end

>recurring anti-hero that constantly proves that the MC is not the most powerful character in the series

>character that tries real hard but has never succeeded finally gets to shine

>villain that avoids harming little animals and flowers as much as possible

I thought you were specifically talking about Samurai Jack.

The worst part of Medaka Box. And there were a lot of bad parts of Medaka Box.

>weakling butt monkey humiliates and defeats stronger opponent through cunning and willpower

>MC uses a unconventional ability to beat their enemies

>group of villains who are actually loyal to each other and work as a team

Love this one

>loli grows up
>still flat chested

>the villain actually has more willpower than the stubborn MC

>character is always sleeping
>when wakes up, shit gets real

I'd love to see a final battle like this.
>MC has actually grown powerful enough to realistically defeat the villain
>Villain refuses to give up and through sheer tenacity powers through attacks that should incapacitate him
>Becomes a battle of attrition as even while bleeding to death villain refuses to give up on killing MC

>character becomes so strong their sole motivation is having even a moment of excitement

You're a cuck who wants to get dominated by a woman like a typical numale cuck.

The projection is real

I'm not so pathetic and beta that I let a whore tell me what to do. Even 50 years ago this would have been unacceptable.

I loved OPM, but I liked it more in the case of murder mom better. Her story of getting strong and her desperation for having an actual fight was more compelling that Saitama for me

>Heroic sacrifice
Every time

>villain and MC use similar powers
I fucking love this shit.

Dumb frogposter.

explain to me how gohan vs perfect cell isnt exactly that trope

You are missing the point of "dumb frogposter".

i never get to use imperfect pepe

I'm sure there are plenty of boards who welcome Pepe with open arms.

smart frogposter.

Boku no Hero Academia?

>implying relevant frogs are not welcome on Sup Forums

Goku ever cooperating with Frieza just makes no sense. But it also makes sense. Because Goku.

Is all this because Frieza is super popular in Japan or something?

Yes. Also, Toriyama is going with "Goku has fighting autism" it really just looks like Freiza is a side bitch Goku has been waiting for to call when she's back in town. He's been really excited about it.

Pepe is not welcome. Eccentric Family frog is.

>Main/side villain falls for the main/side hero
>Joins the Hero team to spend more time with main/side hero

>Your scumbag friends unite against the scumbag teacher
>everyone loses