Why the fuck do some plants produce phytoestrogens, Sup Forums...

Why the fuck do some plants produce phytoestrogens, Sup Forums? Like what the fuck does the soy plant or the coffee plant have against humans? How can I drink coffee without growing tits?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens
superfoodly.com/estrogen-foods-list-50-high-phytoestrogen-sources/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18671400
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't hate on that man's soy joy, goy boy!

Look at the list of what produces it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens
I can't eat a fucking apple without getting some tit mass. Fuck.

I don't think the quantities are quite equal enough that just eating apples makes you go soyie. You should rather find a table which tells you how much phytoestrogens are contained per unit mass of foodstuff, if you can.

You should also consider we're probably immune to a small dose, since such foodstuffs were part of our paleo diet, but not to absurd quantities from foods we did not eat in quantities we did not eat - like soy.

lol you looked up phytoestrogens on wikipedia after i mentioned it in

Nah. I'm from

Actually in the meantime I managed to find a table
superfoodly.com/estrogen-foods-list-50-high-phytoestrogen-sources/

Abridged:

1. Flax seeds 379,380.4
2. Soybeans 103,920.0
3. Soy nuts 68,730.8
4. Tofu 27,150.1
5. Soy Yogurt 10,275.0
6. Soy milk 2,957.2
7. Protein bar 2,723.3
8. Garlic 603.6
9. Olive oil 180.7
10. Broccoli 94.1

Unfortunately no coffee on this list

I found a source which has a number for coffee ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18671400

At 20 micrograms per 100 grams, this is about 10k less than you get from eating soy beans, 100 times less than soy milk and less than strawberries.

You're fine user. Don't worry about coffee phytoestrogens the way you have to worry about soy. Literally several orders of magnitude less, even before considering the difference in weight intake between coffee and people who unironically eat soy based foods.

10k times, not 10k less, sorry.

Nice.
If you want to increase your soy resistance you should take indole-3-carbinol every day, it's pretty cheap and apparently gets rid of xenoestrogens or something.

Plants don't give a shit about humans. It just happens that these chemicals act like estrogen in humans.

>flax seeds and soybeans
>estrogen central
>this shit is now a huge portion of many liberals diets
This CANT be a coincidence motherfuckers

Man, in other news this really puts the soy estrogen bomb into perspective. That stuff is literally 0.1% estrogen.

No shit, I didn't realize it was on this level of bad though.

>Imagine being an actual soy boy.

The fucking state of white people.

A lot of plants produce toxins to fuck up potential predators that eat them.
It just so happens that the toxin plants produce to fuck up humans mimics estrogen.

this
all this pseudo live healthy bullshit is promoting flax seeds VERY hard. Not to mention vegans eat this shit every day.

>I don't think the quantities are quite equal enough that just eating apples makes you go soyie
Hormones work in strange ways. Sometimes a smaller dose is more effective than a bigger dose. This is still largely an unknown area of medicine.

Yeah, it *sometimes* could do that, under certain conditions, but I think the evidence we have as of right now points towards the idea that the relationship in this case does not follow odd patterns, and it would be a bit unexpected when we're talking orders of magnitude more estrogen.

phytoestrogens just have tails that are coincidentally shaped like estrogen such that they can attach to, and to some extent stimulate estrogen receptors.

This.
>soy boy goy joy

Also my sides, fpbp..

>soy joy, goy boy!

criminally underrated post

>SSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTAAAAARRR WWWWWWARRRRRRRRRSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>tfw the jewish media cons you into buying so much snake oil you actually start to resemble a reticulated python

>soy joy goy boy

Stop taking the meme so seriously, yeah there are some things you should avoid but if you just lift more then you fap your be fine.

Start lifting, you won't notice anything if you have some muscle there.

>tfw fap so much people tell me to remember to lift with both arms in future

The ''Males'' section would have the object surrounded by a bag of weed, a bottle of whiskey, a gun, some military memorabilia, a cigar, and a knife. Possibly a flag in the background, and some jewelry.

plant phytoestrogens are good you retards. they block REAL estrogen from binding to cells.