No Neverland thread?

No Neverland thread?

imgur.com/a/AuFL1

>hurr I'm not going to die
Ray, you suicidal faggot.

Emma is pretty hardcore with her pulse control.

Based fan gave us a shotty translation earlier in the week.

Thanks for this one!

H-he's fast! Katana demon, is that you?

>Oh no, battousai monster is gonna kill us!!
>Don't worry, Emma-chan, I have a keikaku!

WANNA BET?

End-game right here, kids.

>no phil
>no krone
>no mama
>no norman
I don't care anymore

Caring about plot devices.

*for

Nice buzzword, not my fault everyone else is so uninteresting

>caring about food
You don't question where the cow's come from that made your burger, do you?

Shit. How are they gonna get out of this one?

Let's face it, the characters in this series lack personality. We don't know anything about them beyond what is necessary for the plot.

>lack personality.
Quite fitting actually as they are just demon snacks bred on a meat farm.

But if they are just meat for monsters (great name for a heavy metal band), why read the manga?

This.
Though, we can't go to orphanages to see if they all have the same personality or not anymore

Emma is so beautiful, fuck. No one can compare.

Reminder that Emma x ray is endgame with Norman becoming the antagonist

Based Don and Gilda.

obligatory (You)

Not that much new art this week, not even shipping. Oh well.

>don't look back

I really wish we could spend more time trying to solve each problem so tension could build up. Just as with the vines, we're presented a danger at the end of a chapter, but then the next one comes and they immediately solve the problem with wits and asspulls, then cliffhanger.

It's not that I dislike this format, is fine enough, but it would be so much better if we could get deeper into the character's thought processes and how they find solutions. Kinda how it was earlier on.

This is why I'd rather Ray get separated from Emma just like Norman. He's been making everything way too easy.
And this is coming from someone who really likes this manga.

>Kinda how it was earlier on.
It has never been that way, actually. We saw them talk about what they should try, but never saw them trying. Except, of course, when Mama broke Emma's leg.

fuck off norman

Mama and Krone were genuinely interesting, Norman's the only one who's just a plot device. Phil literally hasn't done anything yet.

I don't think Norman is bad but the biggest thing about him is really just waifuism. Otherwise he's just a genius kid. But this is the reason I'd like more focus on him sometime soon, I want him to develop into something more and I'm curious to see if mystery room can help with that.

Unfortunately, we may not get any news about Norman until long after the fans' love of him died.

I hope you haven't given up on this getting finished. Because it will.

Holy fuck, it is actually katana demon.

That's what I'm scared of. I don't see any real means of seeing him until we at least get to Minerva or something and who knows how long that'll take? He's certainly not in the middle of the jungle. I'm worried I'm going to stop caring.

I feel like all the characters in this series need something more than a goal. Because that's all they are so far: a goal. I mean, the kid from Hero Academy wants to be a hero, but he's not just that, he's a nerd, he's super shy and a bit weird too. The boy from Kimetsu wants to save his sister, but he's not just that, he's cute and affectionate and say silly things a lot of times. Emma, Norman, Ray, Don, Gilda, Phil want to get away, Mama and Krone want to stop them, and that seems to be the only reason they act and exist. I don't know of any other particularity of them.

Collect fan art, user. Set those who are closest to your heart as your wallpaper and hope.

I'm worried that he might be the biggest reason for rankings and sales, considering how much of the WSJ audience is female.

Just an appearance from him shot Neverland from 6th to 2nd in the ToC. He definitely matters and it's a little worrying. I think at worst we'll be seeing a drop to middle but still.

>making this my background

Yeah, I agree with you. I understand that the plot so far makes it difficult to take a rest and develop the characters further from their initial characterization, but the author really needs to step up in this aspect.
I love this series and is one of the few i'm currently following, but I would be lying if I said the reason is the characters. So far, the worldbuilding is my reason to come back.

ikr?

Hopefully having competition will motivate MS to translate faster

A few weeks ago they released chapters on Saturday due to this exact thing happening, but then went back to late Sundays once the other group dropped it.

Cool to see Don saving the day

Too bad spear-chan isn't here

It's not Katana demon, the mask and sword are different. Which is good because it means the kids actually stand a chance. This demon is using an inferior serrated blade, not glorious Nippon steel folded over 1000 times.

Tell me about the demons, why do they wear the mask?

Probably a cultural thing, to set apart from the "low breeds".

By the way, I want to draw something with spear guy and katana demon, suggestions?

dancing

In the beach, sitting next to a bonfire. Spear-kun is roasting marshmellows while Katana demon is slicing chocolate for the smores.

I think the Spear person is a woman, not a man. Keep in mind, Krone said there were no men at HQ other than that one time she saw Minerva.

Ray will probably lure the Demon searching party into the vine pit, like he had planned to do to the Wild Demon.

Yeah if you look closely here you can see it's actually a woman with her hair up in a bun instead of a short haired dude

Well Ray hasn't exactly used his molotov cocktails yet...
The demons are aware they're in an area filled with bloodsucker trees and are likely more knowledgable than the kids about the eco system, doubt they'll fall for a trick like that.

Using their weapons for everyday tasks, like cutting fruit with a katana etc.

Draw spear-chan and katana demon confronting Emma and co doing and saying stereotypical shonen villain poses and lines

I theorize that demons become more intelligent and human-like the smarter children the yeat. The demons that eat dumber children are bigger and stronger but less intelligent. And then the Wilde Demons don't eat any children period and are little more than beasts.
Then again, the Hunter Demon mentions breeds, so maybe it's just a caste system based on genetics.

>that smile
What did he mean by this?

Near?

As usual, the color page is great.

I used to say Mama a smelly shit but now I miss her.

Crossover.

>yfw you're trying to die so hard but there's cute girl who always beats shit out of you.

If the world turns normal at the end of the story Emma needs to work for a suicide hotline.

>cucks him out of suicide
>he's already at it again
Does he need to get slapped once more?

>Looks at the CP
>Looks at the last page of this chapter
I have a weird feeling that those six will be the only survivors or won't be captured by demons.

Nah, just let him go with us.

Nice trips, demon-kun. Just don't take Emma and it's all good.

But Emma is the most delicious out of all kids, isn't she?
No way we can leave such a cute girl in this dangerous forest.

It looks like something we all need.

Emma won't be delicious until she's legal.

Fuck off, Emma is not for lewd.

So, how fast can kids run? Will dog-demon capture at least one child or family&keikaku magic can handle anything, including this shit?

I hope at least one kid dies. Would be nice to see Emma break down and what she does next. That being said, I doubt anyone will actually die for now.

I hope too. Kids are unrealistically always lucky and that make's manga pretty boring.
But who can die? I think that Don can become a redshirt.

But I don't want Don to die. And Nat would be fun to keep around, we need someone smug.

Unfortunately I think if anyone dies it'll be a fodder. I suppose Emma is the only one off limits but we barely know most of the kids so far so I don't see anyone who's said anything relevant getting killed or our cast will get even smaller. Would be very nice for Emma's character though so part of me is hoping. Maybe even Ray's since he's not as edgy as before and he's frankly kind of boring now.

>looking for art
>find nips sorting Neverland characters into Hogwarts
why

Well, I want to see at least Ana among survivors.
>but we barely know most of the kids
That's the point. It's been already 40+ chapters and more important characters (Minerva and probably his team) are coming. There is just no time for the kids like Lani, Nat and others to shine. Yeah, they're cute and funny - but that's it. Let's be honest, the only useful thing for plot which they can do in the near future - die for the sake of Emma's development.

I wasn't really counting Lani or some of the others in. They're pretty much fodder to me and available for dying. But Don or Gilda? Even Anna? I have a hard time seeing them dying if I'm being honest. But I do agree something like that would be for the best for Emma's character.

This smug fucker must be the one to go.

I made my bingo sheet three chapters ago and they're still all alive, I'm getting impatient.

>bingo sheet
The what?

this entire series is actually just a metaphor for a slumber party at Michael Jacksons ranch.

>hating new best boy
You're probably an Annafag aren't you

>doubt they'll fall for a trick like that.
Which is why I forsee several chapters of back and forth keikaku, between them.

Also keep in mind that next chapter which is chapter 43 is the end of volume 5, what kind of grand cliffhanger is in store for us then?

I'm actually an Emmafag.

What did he mean by this?

Emma would be gryffindor. Ray slytherin and Norman ravenclaw

Everyone agreed on Emma but I saw some nips switch Norman with Ray. I honestly agree with you more though.

I doubt we'll see the resolution of Ray (and Emma) VS. Demon pursuit team in a single chapter, so I am anticipating that Ray or Emma will pull out some crazy antics that shifts things in their favor, probably incapacitates the demon dogs, and forces the overseer to get serious.

If the above holds true, then 75% chance we'll see the overseers' mask get destroyed followed by a dramatic close up of his face.

Maybe the molotovs will finally come into play?

I could see the last panel being the Demon overseer ripping off his now flaming robes and mask as the forest burns around him.

But we've seen unmasked demons before