Why did KyoAni stop adapting key VNs?

Why did KyoAni stop adapting key VNs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Kagybz0epQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

VNs are horrid.

Air is better than 99% of your favorite anime

Nagisa is the cutest

huh, I don't remember their eyes being quite that absurd, but it has been a while

Wtf those eyes.

normal for a dinosaur gao

Rewrite anime when?
Shizuru is my waifu.

Rewrite happened and it was great.

Rewrite anime when?

Harvest Festa when?

reddit leave

Because the three anime you posted were fucking horrible. KyoAni only animated the KEYAIDS nakiges which are all horrible

Now this is an actual buzzword post. Go back to dicksucking Miyazaki if you can't handle good stories.

At least try with your bait.

Hit the nail on its head didn't I?

What was a buzzword? No one really makes fun of KEYAIDS like they used to and the word nakige isn't used all the often either. Nakiges are inherently bad at story telling. Deal with it already

>What was a buzzword?
Past tense?

Nakige is a super sugoi Nipponese word, not some Sup Forumsshit. Niwak/a/ pls kys

Another buzzword post. Are you going to call me reddit, tumblr etc next?

Those are Sup Forumsshit. Go on 2ch or Futaba's VN boards and they will talk about nakige, because it's a real thing

More buzzwords just because I smelled the old man miyazaki odor from your breath. Damn.

what do you think "buzzword" means

>its 2 retards argue with each other without solid opinion episode

I use its definition. Can't you just make another Ghibli thread and leave me alone?

Why is my opinion relevant to his buzzword posts?

H-hey, did you eat all the cookies?

what cookies?

Fat-chan-senpai.

Because they were all dogshit ?

Why are mods deleting KyoAni threads what is their problem?

Kyoani likes to be subtle with their narratives. Keyshit is the epitome of hamfisted story-telling. I don't blame them for getting tired of it.

>keyshit isn't subtle
Which is what makes it so brilliant. The foreshadowing is subtle.

dead genre
enjoy your ln adaptations instead

>Clannad dragonballs
>subtle
They beat you over the head with it at the start of almost every episode. Most people probably skipped those segments.

Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Rewrite's foreshadowing was subtle. I don't remember clannad desu. Also I'm not talking about the episodes. I'm talking about the VNs here. People made the argument Kyo likes to be subtle.

Might be something that just doesn't transfer over into an anime then. I haven't read any of the VNs, but I do know the dragonballs were set up in a way that strictly fits the VN format. I literally don't remember a single thing from Air, but I do remember that Kanon was way too similar to Clannad.

The anime original Keyshit don't really foreshadow anything. It's been awhile since I've seen angel beats, but I don't remember any foreshadowing aside from the fact that it was purgatory, and Charlotte was one twist after the other.

>I haven't read any of the VNs,
The anime can only be truly appreciated after you've finished the VN. You literally watched a sequel to something you didn't understand and think you're allowed to make silly claims about it.

Too complicated to adapt, if you haven't realize Kyoani nowadays is pure moe and no good content.

>You literally watched a sequel
What the fuck are you talking about

>I haven't read any of the VNs
>What the fuck are you talking about
I'm not going to virtue signal an entire VN to you you god damn secondary.

Tripfag with shit taste. Big surprise there. Remove cockroach. Give dragonballs to Tomoyo.

>you're not allowed to talk about unless you read through all this bloated garbage
No thanks. You can have your circlejerk.

Yes, you actually need to have consumed the media you want to discuss.

We can discuss the CLANNAD anime having watched it. It was shit. We also know that the VN is shit for belonging to the garbage nakige genre.
I'm not that guy you're talking to, I was the other guy further up.

Saury is the best

I was discussing the anime adaptations. You claimed the adaptation was a goddamn sequel of some sorts.
Not to mention I never even brought up rewrite because I avoided that shit like the plague.

Because they're cheesy shit

>you claimed
>you're talking to
What is a new IP you retards, I have never read or watched anything key, but if you want your opinions to be worth anything then read the source material when talking about something.

>tfw those three series were the ones responsible for getting me addicted to watching anime
I blame KyoAni for ruining my life.

Saury is the strongest.

Because, lately, KyoAni has been adapting their own IPs.
I think the only exceptions have been Amaburi and Koe no Katachi.

Are you a retard? I can discuss the anime after watching the anime. It sucked.

Saury is the cutest.

Maidragon and Hibike too.

>lately
They refused an offer to adapt another Key IP after Clannad. It was before they went in-house. They just hate Keyshit.

Ishihara refused because he was busy with Chunibyo actually.

blame hitler for nuking japan

The point being you can't talk about foreshadowing if you don't understand what was being foreshadowed. Again. the anime only gets better if you've read the VN.

The anime stands alone as is typical for adaptations. It's not intended to only be watched by people who read the VN.

>The anime stands alone as is typical for adaptations
you're trying to convince me of something I know isn't true while you're the one that hasn't read the VN? The anime is intended to get people to buy the VN, so it very much is an incentive for people already owning the VN and can only be appreciated by people who've read the damn thing. Don't talk about things you know nothing about.

gao~

>Nakiges are inherently bad at story telling
What? In what world is "game that makes you cry" inherently bad?

>The anime is intended to get people to buy the VN
No. The anime is intended to get people to buy the fucking Blurays. You think the production studio pays for the rights to advertise for the VN? Moron. And what about the anime prevented them from not fucking horribly and foreshadowing properly?
>Don't talk about things you know nothing about.
Irony

>The anime is intended to get people to buy the fucking Blurays.
Then why do they air it on TV?

So people realize it exists?

Can someone explain to me how Nagisa remembers the Illusionary World when only Ushio and Tomoya were directly connected to it?

Why would I buy a blu ray of something I've already seen on TV?

why do they look like they have down-syndrom?

Chu-2 was basically an improved Key

It was extremely boring.

IIRC talks broke down or something like that with Little Busters, and KyoAni wanted to focus on adapting their own LNs.

captcha: Select all images with a bus.

Is Rewrite the new Tsukihime?

>No. The anime is intended to get people to buy the fucking Blurays

It's almost never solely about the blurays, though. Anime is usually made to promote the source material (manga, VN, LN, game) or to sell figures, models, gunpla, etc. This is why qualitatively bad anime with low production costs keep being made - they don't care if it flops, as long as it spreads the word about the source material.

Key told them to fuck off.

Are you honestly asking this question here?

Crappy show with an extremely bad second season.

I'm well aware of how ridiculous it sounds. But the point of VN adaptations is to get people to read the VN. Maybe to promote some albums too.

What the fuck happened in this thread?

>not a new IP

money royalties or something like that probably

This. If I wanted to read while listening to music I'd just read a book and play my own music, which has the added benefit of not looping until I go insane.

Official representative from "/lit/ - Literature" here, you're officially the most retarded person in this entire website. I would expand upon this statement, but the notion of how this is wrong is so evident and clear, that anyone with an intelligence quotient over seventy should be able to discern what is wrong with reading while listening to music.

saury umai

>Official representative from "/lit/ - Literature" here
haha fucking nerd

I'm not saying I would read while listening to music, that's one of the problems with VNs. I'm just pointing out their worthlessness.

Erm, no, if you search you can likely find the interview from several years ago (~2011) where Key exccutives say that they have been trying for years to get KyoAni to do Little Busters.

>Is Rewrite the new Tsukihime?
The Tsukihime anime is honestly a better adaptation than the Rewrite anime was.

Air deserved a better adaptation with more episodes. It's one of the few Key VNs that didn't pull punches.

It got too many imo, the OVA was shit.

Man, it's been 10 years since I watched AIR, and I cannot listen to the OP theme without feeling miserable.

I can get over most things, really. However, that song just manages to destroy me.

The OVA was part of the show because they realized too late they can't shove five routes into a 1 cour show.

Tori no Uta? That's not the sad song.

This is: youtube.com/watch?v=9Kagybz0epQ

>Air and Planetarian are some Key's best titles

You know what this means, right? They need to permanently kill off their main girls more often.

the ova was just fanservice moments and generic romcom slapstick

Harmonia > Planetarian

why is Yuuichi secretly childhood friends with every girl

because 'storytelling'

Because Kanon is Key's first VN (although they had quite a few under the Tactics label) and is thematically the weakest.

It wasn't until Air that Maeda mastered having each heroine interwoven into the main theme of the VN.

You described Keyshit.

>not reading while listening to music
It's like you don't even visualize the scenes on your head