Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlKanTnrtTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

but android saga was great. All of DBZ had a good run

saiyan arc 8/10
Namek arc 10/10
androids 9/10
buu 8/10

This arc turned into such garbage when Toriyama started humoring his editor by giving Cell new forms. At least we got Satan.

The android saga sucks. It has the most objective issues out of all the arcs.

It had Piccolo take the lead for a moment, that alone made it great

post them

And then it ended as fast as it came.

Fuck. This. Shit.

>Time travel plot holes
>Shitty one-dimensional villains
>Gohan being an out of character pacifist
>Final fight wasn't even an actual fight
>Gohan randomly steals the spotlight
>Future Trunks being far more of a plot device than an actual character
>A bunch of smaller issues like Piccolo's moronic plan to save Goku from #19

shit arc

life's not fair :(

saiyan arc 9/10
Namek arc 10/10
androids 5/10 (and only for epic gohan ss2)
buu 2/10

Saiyan arc: 7/10
Namek arc: 6/10
Android arc: 4/10
Buu arc: 3/10

>>Time travel plot holes
ok
>>Shitty one-dimensional villains
they were always like that
>>Gohan being an out of character pacifist
he was always like that
>>Final fight wasn't even an actual fight
that's relative
>>Gohan randomly steals the spotlight
this was already expected from the beginning of the Z saga, and I liked it, ending as a side character would be silly.
>>Future Trunks being far more of a plot device than an actual character
nah, he even had special chapters to complete his own story.
>>A bunch of smaller issues like Piccolo's moronic plan to save Goku from #19
he's a fighter

Reminder that Cell should have been the end of DBZ and Buu Arc fucking sucked. Goku's first true enemy the Red Ribbon Army came back and was defeated by his son, with Goku dying in the process and Gohan taking his place.

>buu arc plot is a carbon copy of android/cell arc plot
>evil old bastard is going to wake up his creation and destroy the world
>heroes warned in advance
>they fuck up and the monster is let loose
>evil guy killed by his own creation
>buu is literally pink cell, he absorbs things to transform and regenerates
>buu arc introduced goten, a generic goku clone that only existed to be a substitute for dead goku
>not one retarded asspull fusion ability, but two different kinds
>two toddlers can go super saiyan for no reason
>they go super saiyan 3 for some reason, something goku could only achieve because he was dead and couldn't run out of energy

Face it Buu arc was GT lite.

>he was always like that
Nope

Gohan was always a huge pussy until his tard rage he inherited from Chi-Chi kicked in you dumb Superbaby.

he was never a fan of fights, he was a coward, he only fought the times he was forced to protect people, unlike goku, who was fighting for fun.

Chi-chi tard rage is 90% filler, boyo.

>Piccolo's moronic plan to save Goku from #19
He feigned getting hurt by Gero's eye lasers so that the Gero would be distracted trying to steal his energy for the rest of them to gang up on 19.
People only think it was a moronic plan because the english dub butchered Piccolo's lines.

everything after friezas death was crap.

they wrote themselves into a corner by making freeza the "strongest villian in the universe"

how do you invent a good villain after that...how do you follow that act.

hero trains and fights strong opponent...wins.
hero trains and fights stronger opponent...
repeat until your heroes and villians can literally explode planets and the plot holes multiply like plot bunnies

You are legit retarded.
>youtube.com/watch?v=KlKanTnrtTs

Don't forget the whole Dr.Gero/RRA thing
I refuse to believe Dr. Gero is from the original RRA from Dragon Ball

>how do you invent a good villain after that...how do you follow that act.
I dunno, to make the protagonist, with the help of his son, protect the planet he loves, from a villain who represents the sum of all the biggest villains he has ever faced is quite cool to me.

Boo saga is the real mistake. A fun mistake, but a mistake anyway.

>this was already expected from the beginning of the Z saga
And it was still shit
Gohan didn't have to train nearly as much as Goku/Vegeta and he randomly was given power-up's all the time

Nope
Cell saga was trash
Freeza Saga should have been the last one

I will fucking kill you for trying to associate that old geezer Dr. Gero with based RRA you fucking nigger

Stay mad cunt

That looks like reasonable anger, not tard rage. Tard rage is more along the lines of your previous pic, which Toei had no qualms exaggerating it. E.g. your previous pic.

Also next time you want to argue this, link to manga. Your scene is mostly canon but it's pointless in this disscussion

>they wrote themselves into a corner by making freeza the "strongest villian in the universe"
No, they fuck themselves by forgetting the plot should be revolved around the damn Dragon Balls like it was on Namek/Freeza saga. This is the major reason why Cell/Buu saga suck...they lack the adventure aspect of searching for the Dragon Balls/preventing the villains from getting them which was the core aspect of the series until then

You're probably the kind of guy who looks for perfect logic in everything, right? The kind of guy who thinks Monster Gon from HxH is a shitty asspull. I don't judge you, you're not wrong to think this way, but for me, if the cool element is well done, fuck the logic.

>Saiyanlets
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?

Trash
It literally made Krillin of all character an unlikeable prick by having him betray his friends/earth for Robot pussy

Absolute fucking garbage of an arc

>I will fucking kill you for trying to associate that old geezer Dr. Gero with based RRA you fucking nigger
Toriyama already did.

actually watch the series

even a dubfag shouldn't have trouble understanding this

they just had to NOT make freeza the "strongest in the universe" and then they could have good villians that dont have to be ridiculously overpowered on both sides. the arms race between heroes and villians was escalated too fast.

also I think making vegeta be able to destroy an entire planet in the saiyan arc was too much. if they wanted to have a showdown like that then just have vegeta be able to blow up a large city, its not like goku wouldnt try to save it

>if the cool element is well done, fuck the logic.
t. Tite Kubo

This. Krillin was so much of a bro before that arc.

this is also very true, good point

I havent even bothered to watch dragon ball super, i cant take any more disappointment

>In this topic, the boring opinions of contrarians who hate on the series most beloved arc.

Don't give a fucking shit. Dr.Gero is fucking gay and shouldn't be associated with RRA.

It also doesn't make sense that somebody from Earth was able to create nanorobots so strong that they could record Goku's and Freeza's moves without getting fucking destroyed by the energy radiating from that fight and Namek exploding. Fuck this shit it's retarded.

>I havent even bothered to watch dragon ball super,
Then you are miss out on the best part of Dragonball ever.

>most beloved arc
By who? By toonamifags who self-inserted into a pathetic beta character like Gohan?

I said well done (Toriyama is a motherfuckin storyteller), not just well drawn (Kubo should be working in fashion magazines).

Dropped Super after the first episode
>"Muh river water present for Videl's birthday"
>Goten and Trunks struggling against a fucking snake
>Goku even getting worried Goten was falling off of a cliff when Goten can fucking fly and even he does fall nothing will happen to him since he has Planet-tier durability
Fucking garbage

Who fucking cares about "well beloved" or "positively recieved". Form your own opinion, fucking drone. Bring arguments next time instead of mass linking.

>using beta seriously in a sentence.
You are too much of a idiot to even intelligently debate.

You do realize that Gohan is basically the most popular DB character in the world right? His character wasn't ruined until the garbage Buu saga.

But that is Kubo's motto user
Either way Gohan was a character with no personality who Toriyama shoved down our throats. He literally had nothing going on for him other than "muh potential" which made him bland and forgettable.

It's why he tries to give Gohan a personality in the Buu saga with the Great Saiyaman shtick.

>Gohan was a character with no personality who Toriyama shoved down our throats

That's not Goten.

1 dimensional is too nice. Pre-Cell arc antagonists are 1 dimensional. Cell arc and onwards have dots as villains.

>Says the one massively invested in proving the superiority of their own opinion.

>You do realize that Gohan is basically the most popular DB character in the world right?
Nope. He doesn't come close to Goku and Vegeta

>His character wasn't ruined until the garbage Buu saga.
That's implying Gohan had a character which he didn't. In Buu saga Tori finally tried to give him some personality but it didn't work.

Gohan has always been shit from the beginning and only teenage edgelord faggots who wank to his SS2 form like him

This shit made me legit dislike Kuririn when I originally saw it.

Goten has more of a character than Gohan. Helps that he has Trunks to bounce off of though.

Goku and Vegeta are only the most popular characters in Japan friendo. Fat Buu and Goten were the most popular DB characters in Japan before Super and BoG came out.

Still better then every villain in Naruto, Bleach and Hunter x Hunter with their sob stories

>all of his friends beaten half to death
>gets kissed by 18
>doesn't even give a fuck about his friends
>refuses to blow her up because "she kissed me waaaah i might have a shot at her pussy"
I will never not be mad

it was pure Kino up to Cell Games.

>Fat Buu and Goten were the most popular DB characters in Japan
This sounds like you're basing it off of shitty popularity charts from WSJ which is borderline inaccurate.

Goku is the most iconic DB character worldwide period.

He didn't get anything from Namek.
He got Freeza's DNA from mecha-Freeza on Earth.
But I agree on how nonsensical it is that some scientist could create something many times stronger than Freeza.

replying to ten people...*pats your head* aww, do you need some attention sweetie?

its okay, you still exist. :)

>goten was more a character than gohan
jesus tapdancing christ the levels that you human waste will go to be epic contrarians on an anonymous imageboard

Who are you quoting

Not very on-topic but k

It worked with Cell because he was an android with the single minded purpose of becoming more powerful and destroying the universe and had Vegeta and Freeza's destructive personalities.
Buu isnt even a fucking dot.

>Why is Freeza so much stronger then everyone else?
>Because alien.
>That is somehow totally believable
>Why are the androids so much stronger then everyone else?
>Because of advance technology by a genius scientist who worked non-stop for nearly 20 years on them on a much more advanced Earth.
>That is somehow totally unbelievable.

>wah why didnt a character that is generally against killing not kill this helpless cyborg that spared all if his friends early and meant no harm

I'd have to agree with you there. It's probably part of what makes Cell better than the androids. Cell has a justification for being simple-minded whereas 18 and 17 were motivated by ??? They had room to explore their free will vs programming (we never even knew if they were programmed, if it's even possible) or their angst of being manipulated against their will (which manifested by trying to do exactly what they were modified to do). 18 behaves like a normal person later so I guess it was a tantrum? Honestly the actual robot was more relatable.

At least Goten is the reason for Gotenks

Am I seeing that right? Dende was the 10th most popular character in Dragon Ball? Why?

>He got Freeza's DNA from mecha-Freeza on Earth.
Which is bullshit since we saw Trunks literally turn Freeza to dust

>Robot pussy
It was more because he thought that her kissing him and them all around not being /complete/ homicidal fucks showed that they weren't the insane murder machines from Trunks' time and he didn't wanna off what he viewed as people who could change. It was less "I want that puss" and more "maybe they aren't evil and don't deserve to be blown the fuck up"

>why didnt a character that is generally against killing
BULL FUCKING SHIT
Krillin was about to fucking kill Vegeta in Saiyan saga if it wasn't for Goku convincing him otherwise

Krillin was butchered in the Cell saga. End of.
Kill yourself

Here's a much better example.

Because Denhan is canon.

It really doesn't make sense. It especially doesn't make sense that Dr. Gero came from RRA and was supposedly that obsessed with killing Goku when

>He wasn't even there in the original RRA
>RRA's goal in Dragon Ball was gathering the Dragon Balls so that Commander Red could wish to be tall

>Red Ribbon Army arc
>Saiyan arc
>22nd Tenkaichi Budokai arc
>Hunt for the Dragon Balls arc

POWER GAP

>21st Tenkaichi Budokai arc
>Namek arc
>23rd Tenkaichi Budokai arc

POWER ARC

>Android arc
>Piccolo Daimao arc
>Buu arc

Actually Z would have been fantastic had it ended with Cell arc

>power arc
Writing too much about DB is bad for the brain

>Vegeta: killed his friends and was a total asshole
>18: Didn't kill his friends and didn't do anything evil at all.
>But let's not care about context

Yet he was so enamoured with her when she kissed him and completely forgot about his friends. Not to mention that he could have revived her with the Dragon Balls anyways.

Keep defending this shit Cellcucks

Krillin only tried to kill Vegeta because he was a threat you fucking faggot. 18 was not

16, 17 and 18 were literally searching to kill Goku you fucking retard

>moving the goal posts.

>Piccolo Daimao saga below Android saga
What the fucking shit? Piccolo Daimao saga is what Android/Cell saga desperately wishes it could be. It has all that heavy emotion and tense/dark atmosphere which Cell saga utterly failed at capturing

>18 was not
Are you fucking retarded?
Trunks literally told them 17 and 18 were threats and that they destroyed the fucking future. 16, 17 & 18's mission was to kill Goku too and they were searching for him.

>He wasnt even in the original RRA
Reminder Dr.Flappe was non canon toei filler.

It doesn't make sense though. You would think Bulma/Capsule Corp would have made some Piccolo or Goku robots by now following that logic

I truly wish murder was legal so I could find you contrarians and slaughter you for opposing the objective truths I'm trying to reveal to you all.

It's was boring. Piccolo was small-time as a villain and the Ultra Divine Water is the biggest asspull in the series.

Did you forget the highway scene were Krillin saw the androids spare his friends? 17 had been absorbed by Cell at the point that Krillin could have killed 18 and 16 was too badly damaged to be a threat. It pretty clear at that point that they didnt care about killing Goku anymore.

>All of DBZ had a good run

DBZ was garbage. Not even spic fanboys think that shitshow was unironically good.

>Piccolo was small-time as a villain

He's literally the only villain to have succeeded in getting a wish from the dragon balls.

>OP is a intolerant psychopath.

I don't see how that has to do with anything I said. It's sad that Flappe is more believable than Gero though.

I know this is bait, but eh...

ever since the Saiyan Saga it's been established that

1. Earth is a planet full of weaklings so much, that a lower-class warrior from the PTO can stomp the two strongest beings on the planet without even trying

2. Earth is a backwater planet with inferior technology to the highly advanced aliens

so ye. A scientist from Earth, whose previous masterpiece had been an android like Nol. 8, designing murderbots who could one-shot Freeza IS fucking retarded even for Dragon Ball.

to make matters worse, Freeza himself comes back with cybernetic modifications as well (made by much better tech) and jobs just to hype up the new threat.

I cant even comprehend how fucking mad someone would have to be to shitpost like this.
Goten fucking sucked.
Gohan was the most popular Z character.
Buu is garbage.
Cell wasn't bad.

Saiyan Arc is a 10/10
Everything after falls 1 point lower as the series continues

Nobody except Piccolo ever gets meta enough to acknowledge lifes are worth next to nothing.

>Did you forget the highway scene were Krillin saw the androids spare his friends?
And then they said that they were looking for Goku

Way to ignore the fact that they could be revived with the Dragon Balls. That forced drama bullshit from Krillin's part was pure cringe.

>Krillin kills 18
>Cell says BG and self destructs
>Dragon Ball ends right there

>Piccolo was small-time as a villain
Are you retarded? He's the only one who succeeded on taking over Earth, he named Earth Day "Piccolo Day", he beat Goku twice, he killed most of Goku's friends, he's the only one to be granted a wish from Shenron and than he fucking killed the Dragon itself.

Not to mention how he terrorized Planet Earth in the past and that Roshi's old master "Master Mutaito" sealed him on a Rice Cooker etc.

Piccolo Daimao saga was GOAT compared to garbage like Cell