Overlord

2 months until August.
3 months until Sept.
6 months until Dec.

Honestly after reading further into the LNs this series only seems to get worse.

Is this a strong female character?

Anyone got the YP version of Volume 4? Any glaring issues with it or is it generally pretty ok?
I haven't had the time to really pick through my copy and I was gonna lend it to a friend who's only read up to volume 3 (all YP versions).

Todoro?

I read through it, and it's fine. Reads pretty well like all the other YP versions.

>I read through it, and it's fine.
Oh cool.
>Reads pretty well like all the other YP versions.
Sans Volume 2 you mean, right? Mr. Momoon was real fucking irritating to read over and over again.
Aside from that and some other small errors the YP versions have been fine. I still prefer the Sky/Nigel versions no doubt about it, but I don't feel like I'm wasting money on the YP versions either.

Is there even another version? There is only 1 legal version. And so far there is no problem with it. If you buy the ibook version,then even if there are any mistakes ,they will update it after awhile. But i prefer the hard cover book version. The art are top quality

I hope it's not at the end of august when it get release. Is there a more specific date?

I'd say it's a bit up-in-the-air in regards to which ones I prefer. There are some occasional minor grievances I have with YP (fucking bunny), but overall I'd say the writer/editor's grasp of the English language is superior to Nigel's (No offense, Nigel. I still love you.), so in terms or readability it's usually pretty good. Yeah, Mr. Momoon was weird -- but considering their "no honorifics allowed" stance, I'm not sure what they could have done. I also think they get character tics through better, each character surely has their own very clear tone which is immediately recognizable. It's a bit drier in Nigel's version, although I will say that in Nigel's version Ainz does "sound" a bit more dignified.

Luckily we don't have to choose, and I think both versions work with one another, as they had different priorities in their localisation.

>but considering their "no honorifics allowed" stance
Strike the Blood uses senpai, but that might be the one off.

Lupus stronk

Based on height I can conclude that CZ is the older sister.

Perfection is a peak, sloping downward on both sides.

Narberal sits atop it.

>Is there even another version?
Yes, skythewood *was* doing one. That version had already translated up to volume 9 when YP first licensed the series (after which they had to stop due to legal issues).
There's apparently translations for volumes 10 and 11 somewhere, but those are illegal and unaffiliated with the other translation project.

>And so far there is no problem with it.
There's a few I can name off the top of my head in the first volume alone. They're all minor, but they add up.
>Albedo calling Shalltear a rabbit (usagi) instead of a eel/lamprey (unagi)
>Peronchino being referred to incorrectly as the sister of Bukubuku Chagama instead of the brother
>"five level 100's and four level 40's" instead of "five level 100's and four level 50's" when explaining the 700 NPC level a guild gets

Yes, skythewood *was* doing one
>legal one

>There's a few I can name off the top of my head in the first volume alone. They're all minor, but they add up.
Mine has none of these problems. A lot others doesn't have these problems when they bought their. Maybe you should just buy the hard copy version.

You sure you didn't try to spare some money and bought yours from some shady place?

>overall I'd say the writer/editor's grasp of the English language is superior to Nigel's (No offense, Nigel. I still love you.), so in terms or readability it's usually pretty good.
Really? I'd say the opposite. While the YP translator definitely has a superb grasp of the English language, I feel their talent as a writer isn't on par. Long, complex sentences wrought from an often awkward lexicon leads to a very bumpy read for me, no matter how technically correct their composition or word choice may be.

Compare the YP
>Behind him, trailing him like his shadows, were six maids. These, however, were equipped completely differently from the one before. They all wore metal vambraces and greaves of silver, gold, balck, and other colors, with white lace headpieces instead of helmets. They also each carried a different weapon. Basically, they were maid warriors.
to Nigel's (or Sky's? Not sure exactly)
>Following behind the butler like shadows were six maids. However, their equipment was completely different than what the earlier maid had. Their hands and feet were covered in gauntlets and greaves decorated with gold, silver and black metals. Donned in armors with a maid uniform motif, they wore white headdresses instead of helmets. Each maid was holding a different type of weapon, establishing the image of a maid warrior.
>It's a bit drier in Nigel's version, although I will say that in Nigel's version Ainz does "sound" a bit more dignified.

The second flows much smoother to me due to it's simple sentences and word choice. I get that it comes down to personal opinion, but I just think the unofficial translation flows better in terms of sentence structure and wording. I will say that I feel the YP version formats its paragraphs and dialogue better than the Sky version however, though that's perhaps just my formatting autism going crazy.

>inb4 cherrypicking
Just a random page I flipped to.

Touch-me Narberal-sama!

First one reads much better imo
Better rhythm and flow to it all

I think we just got use to the fan translation style. The official one has more complicated wordings.
But who knows which one is the correct one,because it is translated from the JP version. It might be the author wrote it like that but Nigel try to simplify it to let the readers understand it more. The author wrote the story, while his editors turn his work into a masterpiece.
In my opinion the LN was never meant for underage kids to read,but we get so many brats reading it and asking the same stupid questions.

What exactly is the Special stat supposed to represent?

It's time the author tell us if she has real hands or not!

First one is definitely a more concise translation. I fail to see why you would think the second translation is smoother.

Simple:
First one is for advance educated people.
Second one isn't.
If you have learn it from school, then the first one sound smoother and if English isn't your first language, then the second one sound smoother.

>Mine has none of these problems. A lot others doesn't have these problems when they bought their.
That's pretty odd. Fairly certain my YP version is legit because my friend bought a copy and all the same errors are in it.
>Maybe you should just buy the hard copy version.
see filename and pic

>inb4 wtf is up with you hand
painting a house

>You sure you didn't try to spare some money and bought yours from some shady place?
Unless Amazon is shady, no? I can take pics of all the errors if you lads don't believe me.

I can see that. It just has too many commas for me to prefer. While I can most certainly say that I myself write with a lot (perhaps even too many) commas, I honestly find them annoying in anything other than a scholarly setting. They're like little speed bumps that cause my inner voice to intinctively pause for much longer than I'd care for. It's a nice habit to have when you're reading something out loud, but fuck if it isn't annoying when reading in your head.
I guess this is all just me though.

Fertility

Go wash your hands

Pretty bad luck then. Mine doesn't have those when i bought it. Same with my friends. The bunny thing was the first thing i checked when i bought mine. Was so happy when i saw lamprey

How dare you hold the holy books with that hand. Blasphemy !

Dude, I'm just moulting. It's perfectly natural.

My favorite writers like to abuse commas and em dash, so that's why I probably prefer that kind of style.

did not deserve to die, she was cute

go to sleep, so-bin

I wish they didn't try marketing other novels at the end of the book. At least show other Overlord books then SOA,Picking up girls in Dungeon and Index. I do wanna buy index but that freaking novel has like 40+ books.
And the mc still hasn't got laid

>Index
Almost as poorly written as Type-moon

Reminder

Clem is the cutest

I guess it comes down to personal opinion. I like the simple styling of the second translation more. The lack of extraneous punctuation (like commas) and the more ordinary word choice makes it read easier to me.
It's not any better, it's just the one I prefer.

I can get that. I dig the complex sentences in Monte Cristo but I just don't care for them here.

>advance educated people
>If you have learn it from school
Going by the logic presented at the end of your own post, I assume you think the second translation is smoother?

It's just dry house paint. It's not like it'll ruin the book in any way.

>I wish they didn't try marketing other novels at the end of the book.
The only one I have that does that is Volume 4. Fuck, maybe there was a second printing of these fucking after all.

Funny how every villain character is so well liked. I even felt pity for Kajit. He just want to save his mother.
In my opinion Brian is also a villain. He help bandits rob,kill people and let them use the women for their lust. If the author had made him at least try to repent for his sins ,i would have liked him more. He has too much bromance with Gazef and Climb. Shalltear should just keep him as her pet already

Lupus really does have the best boobs (in that picture at least)

> 3 months until Sept.
> 6 months until Dec.
What is going to happen?

movies?

>Brian

True,but i like the plot and world building. The only problem i had with it is that all the things that are happening take place in just a few months.

Get lost nigga

> Brian is also a villain
>killed around a hundred people
>Demiurge
>Shalltear
>Every other NPC
>SPLATSPLATSPLAT
>Brain is so bad!

Where can i read this Type-Moon?

I understand translating the name into "Blaine", but using "Brian" is completely retarded given that the anime had Gazef called him "Brain"

1 release from the japan and 1 from YP

eh, some of the volumes are nice in my opinion.
But there are a lot of missed opportunities. Not to mention that if half of the volumes are shit (like lizards or shonen adventures of a loser or the over edginess of volume 7), it's hard to consider the series as a whole "good".
Something still keeps bringing me back though.

Brain isn't a "villain", he's not a good person but that doesn't make him a villain. His actions are also justified in that it was the only way to get combat experience that will help him beat Gazef Stronoff. He wasn't just a bandit for entertainment.

Fate, KNK, Melty, Tsukihime, all overrated garbage.

Dude,monsters killing insects count?
They are resources,toys and food for Nazarick.
A human doing that against other human is another thing. He live in the kingdom(laws)
Ainz kingdom has his own laws. The monsters live by different rules.

Is pretty messed up if you ask me. The whole continent is full of monsters and the only few nations that are neighbors are waging war against each other. Also a country that fight for humanity is scheming behind in the dark while promoting slavery and human supremacy. Humanity was doom from the start.

>implying executing the will of Ainz-sama could ever be considered 'bad'

I gotta agree with you that Sky/Nigel translation reads better, probably because it's easier to understand.

Climb single handedly cuts the strings of all of puppets in Nazarick after impregnating and having children with every female who has ever lusted after Ainz's boner.
Because, as we all know, women instinctively cling to strong men.

In all seriousness, I expect shit with the elves and the Slane Theocracy. Black Scripture's Extra Seat (and her parents) will be a major elements to one or both volume's plots. Ainz or Nazarick may battle the Black and/or Holocaust Scriptures and he may even learn that it was the former who mindraped Shalltear.
Also Ainz will "die" or something but that feels like such bait to me. I smell another of Demiurge's plots.
If it does happen though I'm guessing It'll be Certain Death or the whole of Black Scripture who does it. I don't know enough about rapeElf to guess if it could be him.

A retty retarded way to do it. Even Go Gin is better then him. Brain just want the easy way to earn money and buy that stupid katana.
Would be funny if Ainz decided to mass produces those weapons in his city and selling them really cheap.

Massive fail. A human try to impregnate monsters. Only Demi will succeed in that experiment

>Brian is also a villain
Dude, what ? In this story Brain is nothing but a good boy.

But it is bad. That's why Momonga keeps on worrying about what his friends will think about his actions.

Brain most likely killed a few innocent people but it was never stated that he rape, torture or sell people, only that he fight other humans to better his swordsmanship and yes compared to Nazarick and it's denizens they are much worse than simple bandits.

I'd say all the volumes gave us good exposition. At least I got a lot out of them, both world and character building.

user, could you post some pictures of the inside (in some page with a picture)?
I'm on the fence about getting it. My main concern is about the paper and scan quality of the pictures.

If Ainz was really dead everyone in Nazarick would punk out and start killing everything just like the Demon Gods (NPCs) from 200 years ago

What are the chances that ST decided to accept Ainz as their new God of Death and crusades in his name against others kingdoms. Like a holy church that worship death

They already have a god of death. ST are moving around behind the scenes because they have a good guess that Ainz is a player.

They would probably begin to rush on world domination (some may go berserk). I say this because that's was the wish of Ainz.

Are we not using "Brain" anymore? Overlord threads were taken by yenpress shills or something?
This is the darkest timeline

I prefer that the Demon Gods where monsters from Yssdrasil and not NPC's

It's no wonder you can't comprehend Brain's character, you're a fucking ESL monkey. Better your understanding of the English language, or learn Japanese then reread Overlord.

>Brain just want the easy way to earn money and buy that stupid katana.
You should honestly reread the novel you mongoloid. A bunch of nobles wanted him after they saw his fight with Gazef but Brain rejected their offer so he clearly wasn't after fame and money after he lost the tournament.

>2 months until August.
>3 months until Sept.
>6 months until Dec.
I'm assuming August is the release of volume 12 and December is the release of the anime so what exactly is September? Is that when we start getting fanfiction or what?

Too deep for you.

Nah. Not even the one with an undead as god. There may be a selected few to change his gods but not many.

>I said NEW God of Death
Off course Ainz is a player. They even know their own Gods are players but they just doesn't really know what players means. They see them more as gods. They even call it the advent of the gods

Why would they make SKAOG their god? Just because he's a player? In case you haven't read the novels they clearly see him as an enemy of humanity.

>Blaine
>Brian
Hold on a fucking minute. I thought he was named Brain on purpose to reflect how the world's naming sense was altered by player names so people would actually call their kids stupid shit like Brain or Inferior or why names like Momon or Nabe don't even sound weird to them.

It's not that different from greek mithology in this sense.
The greek gods were always fucking around with humans, "playing" with them just for enjoyment.

Depends on the circumstances.
If Slane Theocracy stood on the brink of annahilation, they might put the deification of Ainz on the peace treaty that they try to broker with him.

However, unless they Jirc themselves super hard into that position, I don't think that it's going to happen.

Moron,who said anything about him working for the nobles. So in your stupid brain,being a bandit is the only way to earn money and fight other humans?
He ain't shit if he actually has to try killing merchants to test test his skills. Might as well be like Go Gin and challenge warriors or be a fucking mercenary. But he had to join a piss poor weak group that rob rich people. Sound pretty retarded. His excuse about joining the group was just him trying to earn easy money and buy the items he could to defeat Gazef.

Because Ainz is very similar to their God of Death. Both were fear as they control many evil monsters and are rulers of death,curses and plague. They fear him but also respect Surshana because he only use his power on those who incur his wrath. They might even fear Ainz even more since he is even more OP than their god. Ainz dream build is completely about death.

If I had to guess, Brain joined the group of outlaws with the expectation that they'd send an adventurer team to kill them and he could gain combat experience that way.

>Brain just want the easy way to earn money and buy that stupid katana.
That's what you said. Are you honestly this stupid? The easy way of earning money would be working for the nobles because you would also have their protection.

>So in your stupid brain,being a bandit is the only way to earn money and fight other humans?
I didn't say that or imply that at all. I just gave you the reason why he was a bandit, you would know if you read the novels, clearly you're clueless. Everything you say is just your head canon, where in the novel did it say that Brain was a bandit to earn money to beat Stronoff?

You're so fucking retarded holy shit, just stop posting you ESL cancer.

Pretty sure the 11th seat of the BS got so spooked by Ainz that she become a devoted believer.

It's an easy way to get adventurer teams to show up.
Adventurers often carry decent gear and make for good practice.

You say easy, but at the same time most of the nobles in Re-estize Kingdom are complete nobheads.

Maybe it just wasn't worth the coin?

Too bad he met Blue Rose.
I still find it weird. They fought against each other,but when they met in v6 it is like nothing happen between them.

Yeah being a small time bandit is definitely better than working for a noble.

>Maybe it just wasn't worth the coin?
Read the novel, it says there his reason for joining the bandit group so I don't know why you keep pushing that he became a bandit for money.

When was that?
I remember the Sunlight Scripture guy having fought against Blue Rose, but I cannot remember Brain having such an encounter being mentioned.

Well Brain wasn't proud the way he lived anyway. He doesn't want to be resurrected if he died.
I read in the old post from the author that Brain will have his fate decided the next time he meet Shalltear. I just wanna see his face when he sees Sebas and Shalltear are having tea together.

He's probably mistaken, Brain didn't fight any Blue Rose member.

It was mention when Shalltear attack the base and Brain was walking to meet the invaders.

>user, could you post some pictures of the inside (in some page with a picture)?
Sure.

>My main concern is about the paper and scan quality of the pictures.
Quality of these guys, *possible* translation issues aside, is REALLY nice overall.
Glossy dustcover, blood red pages, 100% black pages pages with pure white text, thick paper all around, subtle off-white coloring for the bulk of the book's pages, Scyllian Braille font that gives the whole book a big boost in terms of immersion. It's missing some of the little perks the originals came with (no postcards here), but it still has the main extras like the author's afterword and character profiles.

I don't even care for the translation to much but I'll still buy them to support the author since the books themselves are so nice.

Not the same guy as started posting initially, just trying to point out that as far as training, gear and money is concerned, Brain could get a pretty good deal from a bandit group.

He gets to keep loot from adventurers that come knocking.
He doesn't necessarily have to participate in the raids.
He gets paid for watching over the base, which means he can just spend the time swinging his sword.

Wasn't he talking about v4?

The adventurers that came knocking were iron rank. He should have join a stronger group.

I thought he was talking about the YP versions in general.
If he was then he's shit out of luck. I lent my copy of Volume 4 to a friend and he still has it. That's why I only have the dust cover in the pic I posted.

"The strongest adventurer party in the kingdom was called ‘Blue Rose’ and was made up of five women. A while back, he had encountered an old woman who could match him blow for blow and the two had fought to a draw. There was also a rumor that the greatest assassin of the empire was a woman."

You're mistaken, Brain didn't fight any Blue Rose. Maybe an ex-Blue Rose member, but if he did fight Rigrit, Brain would've been dead.

>“Women? Only two of them? Could it be… Blue Rose, hm.”
>
The strongest adventurer team in the Kingdom was called “Blue Rose”, and it was composed of five women. At that time, Brain they counted an old lady among their number. She and Brain had exchanged blows, and both sides had come away covered in wounds.
Volume3 chapter2

That was Rigrit. She retire soon after and let Evileye join the group. Rigrit is not that strong in close combat anyway. She is a magic caster

Where did you get that translation from? I honestly doubt Brain could fight Rigrit when Rigrit beat EvilEye. Also if she fought Rigrit while the other Blue Rose members are around, even with his bandit group he would be massacred.

Really? I thought it was just some other adventurer, but still, a draw with Rigrit seems pretty far-fetched. Even Evil Eye can fight in close combat