Muh Reason and Logic

Anyone else notice how these skepfags talk about how they are too big brained for religion and how they only need science despite the fact that most of them barely know anything about science and accept it as an article of faith?

I agree with you for 3 of them, but thunderfoot is a scientist, just go check out his channel. I stopped listening to him years ago when he started acting like a cuck and I out grew my edgy fedora phase.

Yeah I've never been a huge fan of his but I know he understands science, just meant in general most of the skepfags take it as an article of faith

Most people who are actually learned in science don't waste their time trying to build a youtube community centered around their mundane personality, or if they do, it is usually educational in nature about their area of expertise. Therefore it is no surprise that morons who manage to build a community around them are not learned in science.

>exactly 1 month
Sup Forums gets a vaporwave NEET news network
>the world will never be the same

They may not have much knowledge on any specific field of science, but they all understand the philosophy of the enlightenment and the scientific method, which is way more important when speaking of science in general or the "scientific way of thinking".

did you say the most cucked thing you can think of to steer conversation away from Sup Forums NEET news?

doesn't matter. when it drops: the internet will stop.

>the immutable principles laid down by the enlightment philosphers

mediocre science guy
sargoy
bananna fag, but...
>who the fuck is this guy?

Fat Greg - Former hardcore christian, hardly skeptical.
thunderf00t - Actual scientist, so at least understands science.
Sargon - Never really talks about religion nor science
TJ - Angry internet ranter

Yeah, who would have thought...Big youtube personalities are more show than substance.

>barely know anything about science and accept it as an article of faith?

Elaborate, what do you mean with "science". Its a broad term you know.

the only think about sciences that one shold know is barely "how to"

that's it

that's the point

His snake oil tech debunkings are still top-tier Youtube. Zero reason to go to his channel for anything else though.

armored skeptics, you are right to not know who he is

i mean they talk about science like it's the solution to every problem but most of them don't really have more than eighth grade understanding of any particular scientific, so my point was they treat it as a faith.

Armoured sceptic

Skepticism is text book Dunning-Kruger

The man really hates solar roadways.

I will never forgive myself for once being an Amazing Atheist fan. Never.

It's a source of deep shame for me.

spot on

Shitty shop, the retard who did this doesn't even know how to mask hair.

it truly is something that causes a great deal of self-hatred, i was once a fan as well. we all have our fedora phase
it was the guy on the far left in the picture who made it un-ironically, he really thought it was cool

Yeah, and now you are trying to compensate by having a reverse fedora phase. That won't look much better in a few years.

whats a reverse fedora, a beret?

You will spread Sup Forums's news channel to the world as works of good faith to earn your way back into heaven.

1 month nigger

They're all typical neckbeards. You surprised by their arrogant stupidity and social ineptitude because you're also neckbeards. If you were a Chad or just a socially active normie - you would know all about them the moment you've seen their faces.

all i know is skeptics girlfriend is hot

When did being a normie become a good thing?

>i mean they talk about science like it's the solution to every problem but most of them don't really have more than eighth grade understanding of any particular scientific

You aren't answering my question, what scientific field do they need to be knowledgeable in? How deep? Its impossible to be fluid in all scientific fields at the same time.

The point is scientific thinking: i.e. basing your views on evidence, the opposite of faith.

She also has burned the coal

I am saying that they do not have a understanding beyond that of a layman in any particular field, I am not criticizing science, all I am saying is they take it as an article of faith

Burger ladies and gentlemen.

>thunderfoot
>is a professional scientist
>most of his output is pointing out snakeoil science
Yeah, I'm not sure any of those examples are good in that picture. You mean Leftists and their infatuation with "The Science" ie they slap a picture of a dinosaur or a comet on their wall et voila, "I like The Science".
Folks abandoned chrsitianity because the christians in the 80s and 90s behaved like sjws today, and the modern great churches are all obsessed with political correctness and welcoming muderous islam into the West. Theology doesn't come into it.

Wait does Sargon even talk about religion?

people still take the amazing atheist seriously?

yeah thunderfoot knows something it's not really directed at him, just most of them, i just used the photo because its cringy

Being an atheist is "fine", to a point. You can choose to avoid religion and not practice. What happens to most atheists is that they think that by doing so they are somehow smarter than the rubes that do. It becomes a form of self-confirming, self-congratulatory mental masturbation
>I don't believe because I can see these inconsistency
>I can see these inconsistencies because I am smart
>If I am smart and I can see it, then other people who don't see it are dumb
>I am smarter than those people
The demonstration of the """skepticism""" is parroting Dawkins or whatever other pop atheist there is out there. In reality, they haven't engaged in any exercise of logic, but mere mimicry of people who simply do. They aren't clever, but they've convinced themselves that they are.

These guys mimicked it enough to move on to other things they didn't like (mostly feminism). Most of their "debunking" videos were based on pausing other videos, shouting profanities/calling the person some name, decrying how "illogical" it all was. There was an audience for that. People like to feel like they are smart.

With the exception of thunderfoot, who I think is a chemist, they have no real understanding of the scientific method, its limitations, and that you don't "prove" anything, merely provide evidence for a position. They really are just fedora tippers who managed to turn yelling at news headlines into shekels. If you had a debate with them on religion, culture, history, the future, epistemological debates in science, they would simply provide a mid-1990s tier liberal response, which is to say nothing really at all.

The self-aggrandising comes from having thousands upon thousands of fanboys who think you are the shit, who not only imitate you, defend you online, but also give you money. Tackling a hard question, using a method, evaluating results, acknowledging limitations and contradictory evidence does not lend itself to LMAO FUCKING OWND videos and victory dances.

>most of his output is pointing out snakeoil science
Like "races aren't real" science?Because he doesn't.