Anime and CGI

Why does japan suck at CGI so much? They are are like 10 or 15 years behind the rest of the world. Seriously, why.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KmoN3_6sUak
youtube.com/watch?v=Fte_3HHWY6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>They are are like 10 or 15 years behind
What about Gantz O?

Low budgets

I'm talking about tv-level cgi.

That, and using it wrong.

Japs try to force 3D to look 2D because that's the intended end product. But it's just too fundamentally different and the result is shit when judged from both departments.

The solution is either abandon the pretense of making 2D (like Sidonia/Blame!/Gantz O) or come up with another way to use computers that can create better 2D scenes.

Gantz O actually looks good

There are plenty of CG shows that replicate the anime aesthetic just fine.

Examples?

lurk more you fucking babby.
no one is going to spoonfeed you :^)

So you don't have any

I'm not an expert on this at all, but ID-0 looks pretty good. The CG in Frame Arms Girls looks pretty good too.

Not that user, but Seikaisuru Kado is a decent 3D show in this season.

but it looks like a pile of shit.

They are airing right now

All those shows look bad

You think they look bad. I think they look fine, good even in the case of ID-0. It's subjective. We don't have to agree on this.

It's not about how the CGI looks. It's about how the CGI works in motion. All those show have models that don't work in motion. They look stiff and lifeless

In that case it wouldn't be the model that don't work in motion but rather that you think the animation isn't up to snuff. For Frame Arms Girls you have a point. They are animated smoothly, but the motions are stiff. In my opinion it works for the show since the CG characters are meant to be little robots skittering about. Kado I have not watched yet so I cannot comment. ID-0 is animated competently. They nail the "we're trying to make it like anime" thing with the character animation. You would have to post examples of stiff animation to convince me.

Seriously, even daytime toddler 3dcg cartoons these days are vastly better produced.

youtube.com/watch?v=KmoN3_6sUak
Snack World from this season doesn't use cel-shading, but it does use anime timing and looks pretty good doing it.

Of course it's subjective, every form of art is subjective when it comes to your personal tastes. But that's not what we're doing here, it would be like saying that bad animation is only bad if you think so. You can like the CGI while still admitting that it doesn't look good.
This is what good CGI looks like, and it still needs lots of shiny lighting and blur. The normal shots still look weird.

It's better CGI but shit by Precure standards. The Kirakira ED was outsourced since the usual staff were busy working on the Dream Stars CG.

>You would have to post examples of stiff animation to convince me
All those shows have stiff CGI animation. This is how non-stiff cgi looks like youtube.com/watch?v=Fte_3HHWY6M

This actually looks good

>This is how non-stiff cgi looks like
>post stiff cgi
coulda tried a bit harder

>stiff
The characters' motion is really good

Hey, I said it was a decent CGI show.
Gantz-O was well animated.