Hinduism general

>What is Hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.
Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single concept of deity,

>A single holy text,

>A single system of morality,

>A central religious authority,

>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when light-skinned, nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India (circa 1500 BCE) from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
youtube.com/watch?v=8tw7LIykvBw
youtube.com/watch?v=yiy5uY3Iw2s
youtube.com/watch?v=HS0WSEuousE
articlebiz.com/article/419422-1-jews-have-covenant-with-krishna-of-india/
youtube.com/watch?v=M4MEYCyNt-o
youtube.com/watch?v=7WaTHNN7gFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bSIzyk5Mjko
youtube.com/watch?v=zp0-VJlFat0
youtube.com/watch?v=-tvCaPC_ICc
youtube.com/watch?v=s20ubvIotP8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9LN79gB3M&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Political significance of Hinduism
All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources

>Introduction for westerner

archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
>Bhagavad Gita

bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

>Upanishads

hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas

sacred-texts.com/hin/

>Ramayan

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa

>Mahabharata

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
>Ramayan anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

Fuck off, Curry Nigger.

How is it that Arjuna is a mortal incarnation of Indra while also not simultaneously being Indra?

Indra isn't a person its a position

Which school of hinduism do you adhere to?

Now that makes a little more sense. And he's supposed to be like the big folk hero...and yet he shares his wife... with 4 other people... How can one man be cucked so hard?

>We flyed vimanas and shiet...

how is jesus the semi-mortal son of god, and god at the same time?

Checkmate Christians!

What about the Hare Krishnas?
There is lot of them here, good guys, always helping people.

Abraham in Judaism was 'a brahman'

Also I'm currently reading Mahabhrata, which chapter are the the nukes in? I'm anxious to read about the nukes.

>how come a limited mortal being such as myself cannot comprehend an infinite Being that subsists above time and space and all human comprehension?

Well marriage was considered more of a merger of two families the individual don't matter all that much, but I'm sure they had a time table of some sort.
I'm not sure I don't adhere to a school

>no objectivity is theologically allowed in this religion
>everything claimed about Hinduism is thus completely subjective

christianity is indian anyway
youtube.com/watch?v=8tw7LIykvBw

what does jesus wear?
indian begger clothes and has the same kind of beard you find everywhere in india today
he even does hindu hand signs in paintings of him

youtube.com/watch?v=yiy5uY3Iw2s

Yes
I'm torn on them, their interpretation of the religion is subversive according to me but they have an incredible sense if community and they do help out a lot of people so as of now they are alright in my book

if jesus was really an "infinite being" howcome there's more wisdom and knowledge in the pachantatra fables than in the entire bible?

howcome you can't accept jesus was a roman psyop

youtube.com/watch?v=HS0WSEuousE

You mean the guy who cut his dick with a stone?
They are referred to as astra and I don't remember which chapter has them, where in the war are you?

>needing a rule book to understand a religion

I'm like a 12% of the way into the book as a whole. Right now the Pandavas are sitting down for dinner with that dude they are supposed to kill.

You are a long way off , they'll gamble first and a lot of things will happen their after, what version are you reading?

Penguin Classics.
The Gita is pretty heavily abridged in it, but I've already listened to an unabridged audiobook of the Gita so that's not a big issue for me. I mean, any version of Mahabhrata is heavily abridged I suppose. I have a bookmark to some unabridged translation of it, but I don't know if I'm THAT interested in eastern philosophy.

Daily reminder that Hindu's proudly proclaim they're worse than the jews.

The one linked in the op is better than most translation you'll read, and mahabharata inst particularly eastern philosophy it's more of a story book if you will

brahmastras are used in the final battle, but I don't think they're actually nukes, if they were then the entire army would have been dead, not just elephants, they're really neat though

the mahabhrata is really amazing
it puts most mythologies to shame
and it's clear where the moses story came from

or maybe the jews were indian, that would explain a lot, a bunch of indians have hook noses as well despite not being jewish
articlebiz.com/article/419422-1-jews-have-covenant-with-krishna-of-india/

be sure to read the ramayana next, or watch the cool anime made about it

youtube.com/watch?v=M4MEYCyNt-o

to think that monkey magic of china originated from hanuman

Not even remotely true. Adolf fucking Hitler followed Hindu philosophy to a point.

>You mean the guy who cut his dick with a stone?

I guess thats how he did it
>Immediately after Abraham's encounter with God, he had his entire household of men, including himself (age 99) and Ishmael (age 13), circumcised.[Genesis 17:22–27]

I'd call the Gita philosophy at least. And it has helped me in life. The whole cleansing the mind of fruititive desire thing.

I'm currently practicing Vipassana meditation, I know that meditation is pretty central to most eastern (and even western) religions but what's the most common type of meditation that Hindus practise?

have you read all the vedas?
what's the best way to read a summary of them all in english?

what about the magic spells and vimana instruction manual, where are those?

Tell me why ancient Indians nuked Mahabharata?

I'm not saying it was Ayys but it was Ayys

Hindus are truly based.

fighting the good fight against terrorism for hundreds of years.

Yes Geeta is quite based
It's close enough to vipassana
Yes, user the forward for rig veda is around 500 pages long and written in very hard sanskrit people selling you tl Dr of the Vedas are memeing you.

>vimans
They talk about a mercury based engine you could look up the design it easily available on the internet

Mahabharata is the name of the war not something we nuked

Kek

someone must have summarised it
thats the only reason I haven't dug into the vedas, they're too long

do the vedas actually describe a mercury based engine, or is that from somewhere else?

what about how to build a brahmastra? lol

Yes, i remember name of city Mohenjadar. I watches story on my tv ufo program. There was walls melted at 1000°. When awarage fire reach 700.

The vimans are more of a Ramayan thing and yes it does mention a mercury based engine, some people speculate it talks about fabled mercury based fusion.
Anyway i'm unaware of such a Tldr you can build your way upto them, Hinduism is filled with books you can read.
>brahmastra
It was a gift from the gods

Is it true that since the Pandava killed their enemies, the Kauravas, the Kauravas win? Is Trudeau Hindu?

Mohenjadar Is from Indus valley civilization, are you the paki Italian?

> /biz/ keeps Pajeet in his place.
> Sup Forums bows down to Pajeet and begs for his wisdom
Nice cuck board you got here faggots.

No

Does /biz really have panjeet problem or is it like /g?

family feud
read the whole thing or watch a cartoon of it on youtube, it's really good

that's even more interesting now, the nazis were experimenting with mercury drums and stuff in the bell project which was a manmade 'ufo'

guess they got blueprints from india or something

Probably, a lot of knowledge travelled from India to the west during British times

My poo friends I have a question. I read the Bhagavad Gita.

I do not know what my Karma is and what should I do to fulfill it.

Karma are the actions you perform, I think you meant dharma, as an outsider i cannot give you a honest reply but you should consider it as furthering the universe preserving your culture and be righteous

>Close to the Czech border, in the near distance to the Wenceslaus mine, in a German research facility for classified governmental research, the allegedly Die Glocke experiment was taking place. The description of the device was pretty precise, and picturing the image in your mind can only leave you even more curious and even scared.

>This machine was believed to have great power. Descriptions state that the device was made of heavy metal, around 9 feet wide and up to 15 feet high and had a bell like shape. The information states that the device had two counter-rotating cylinders, filled with mercury-like liquid and had a bluish color. The mercury-like liquid was referred to as “Xerum 25” and was stored in special flasks. Other liquids were added, such as light metal, with thorium and beryllium peroxides.

>This device emitted strong and dangerous radiation, which often caused the scientists health problems. Scientists suffered from sleep deprivation, dizziness and some even died due to radiation poisoning. Witkowski speculates that the area around the Wenceslaus mine was used for testing Die Glocke and its anti-gravity powers.

youtube.com/watch?v=7WaTHNN7gFQ

oh wow...
youtube.com/watch?v=bSIzyk5Mjko

there's something to this mercury stuff

>dharma
You're right. How can someone know what exactly is his/her duty in this life? Especially considering the fact that we do not have caste system.

meditate til the answer reveals itself to you

why make this thread?

one cannot convert to hinduism

Do you feel a duty towards this world, or your people?

To discuss the political and philosophical relevance of Hinduism and I sometimes get good discussion out of it

Sounds easier than it probably is. I do meditate but I never got such an answer.

To a lesser degree. I really feel like we're in a dark age of spirituality. I'm longing for a past world, seeking higher truth but it's frustrating doing it in the world I live in.
Towards the world and my people I feel the need to try to wake them up, to make them think and discover their spiritual side.

Have you experienced psychedelics?

dont belive this pajeet ,he is lieing

I sure have

Yes i work for the bjp it cell, jai shri ram maa chod donga

Perhaps I could interject with a little Sir William of Ockham here. Consider his concept; that God expresses himself and his will through nature. Is there a duty to which you feel bound by natural evidence?

Infidel

there is only 1 god and prophets

How do you plan to wake people up, does Slovenia have a spiritual culture or some kind of way you can reach them, how religious are your people?

>
>
Take your underage b8 somewhere else leaf

>Is there a duty to which you feel bound by natural evidence?
In that case - not much more than what the society expects me to do. Basically earning as much good boi points as possible and die. Sounds boring and plain but don't get me wrong - I'm not some social dropoff neither do I promote that.

Every person has his sphere of influence. I have my friends, they often ask me for advice or help. I'm glad some people were able to crush the shell and seek higher truth because of me.
There is no way I can reach my people on the conventional level. Traditionally we're catholics but many of them are crypto atheists. There is this spiritual vacuum plaguing our lands.
Yet some people have a strong urge to do do and live more than just what we're supposed to. I see myself as someone who can help them on personal level (never tried it in groups).

youtube.com/watch?v=zp0-VJlFat0

youtube.com/watch?v=-tvCaPC_ICc

not even a leaf but k

Ok show me your flag

Our leftist wanted to destroy this bridge cause its from a le story

I'm not eating beef for lunch today. Can I be a Brahman now?

Saved
No

proof that swedish and nordic languages originated in india
youtube.com/watch?v=s20ubvIotP8

bork bork bork

Hello there little Hindu

Fuckin mario

go to northern italy faggot where i live

Buddhism is superior.

Slavic Italy - best Italy?

>superior
More like Pleb religion