There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who grew up watching dragon ball z dubbed as a kid...

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who grew up watching dragon ball z dubbed as a kid, but still prefer the sub for some reason
>there are people who prefer the sub at all
How is this shit real?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xsalzwkykIg
a.pomf.space/fshlpzvewqat.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>there are "people" on this board RIGHT NOW who don't know how to use the catalog
Stay in your containment general dragonbrony.

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who don't know the difference between two different shows

dub is shit, get out, newfag

The sub is better
that's how
dub is still pretty good though

>There are people who unironically prefer butchered personalities and music

The only thing the dub has over the sub is not having the same voice for 3 fucking characters. Other than that sub > dub

When you take away the nostalgia, you see that the dub has too many inconsistencies, errors and changes. The sub has much better music, moments of silence that offer a nice break from the fitting and upbeat music and actors that put their heart into making the characters flourish.

>bruce faulconer
>butchered music
You're probably right about the nostalgia part, but honestly goku's annoying voice in the sub alone is a good enough reason for why I think the dub is better.

>goku's annoying voice
Dragon Ball's the only anime you've watched with original dub, isn't it?

Masako does a great voice for Goku. It symbolizes his innocent yet ignorant nature. Surprisingly, I appreciate her subtle change in tone with both Gohan and Goten. Her work in Tamers really made me acknowledge her.
youtube.com/watch?v=xsalzwkykIg

>whole thread: Sub>>>>>Dub

Is everyone trolling this motherfucker?

That sounds like a dying goat screech

To each his own. Everyone likes different things.

Over the years I've gotten used to the japanese voice but I still prefer the voice sean schemmel has. He also does that innocent childish voice shit well.

Because its better. Even with grandma Goku I can take sub DBZ seriously. The ocean and funi dubs I saw as a kid are comedy gold, and their shoe-string budgets show. They might have gotten better, but I don't give a fuck about Kai and beyond.

I thought for a second you guys were trolling us.

I hated the sub at first but after watching kai in sub and watching super, I just grew accustomed to it and now prefer sub.

I can understand how you would grow accustomed to it, but prefering it? Just doesn't make sense to me after watching the dub since I was young.

and the fact that goku sounds like a man in the dub. That is probably the only reason I can't get into the sub, goku is a grown ass man who sounds like a little kid. I'm not looking for Barry White, but he at least needs to sound like he went through puberty.

Probably cause once you get accustomed, it feels jarring to change it. Example I'm using is watching Super weekly subbed and then playing the recent DBZ game in dub. I'd have to change the game to jpn voice setting.

I like both the original japanese and the dub. I like the screaming voices and music in the dub, but the japanese also has good-tier music and the voice actors sound more professional. It's like two different but good flavors of the same story.

The dub loses the hick element of Goku's speech pattern.

Spanish > Japanese > English

Both are good, TFS voice acting is shit tho

Dubs had a lot of mistranslations. Kai is clearly the best one overall.

>>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who grew up watching dragon ball z dubbed as a kid, but still prefer the sub for some reason
>>there are people who prefer the sub at all
>How is this shit real?
Well, when you grow up, if you're lucky, you learn to appreciate the better things of life.

Because as our brains developed as we grew older the dub sounded progressively worse

>bruce faulconer
I don't know how you burgers could stand that stuff.

>this is what subfags actually believe
You guys are like 20 years old, stop acting like your brain is even developed.

why does every degenerate fuck from that board feel the need to start threads with bait

Developed to a certain point isn't the same as fully developed you retard.

I like synth/rock like that. I like the original music just as well too though.

2 years olds also have brains developed to a certain point. You aren't smarter for watching a sub over a dub you fucking idiot.

You know that like 95% of the world's population isn't american and didn't watch you fucking dub, right?

You do know Dragon Ball was made in Japan, right?

there are people

Yes you are actually.

a.pomf.space/fshlpzvewqat.webm

>subfags

Nah you're just a pretentious twat.

You're probably just trolling tho.

Holy shit, this can't be real. Is this super or the movies?

No seriously, dubs are fucking shit.

>Nah you're just a pretentious twat.

And you're not? Get the fuck outta here

cuz I grew up with DBZ dubbed unfinished because of ocean dub.
Then went sub, heard the funimation dub the first time, went back to dub. Reminder
"MONDO COOL BRO"

you wish del taco

>not having the same voice for 3 fucking characters
>Chris Sabat

The redone music is reason enough to hate the abortion of a dub.

lurk for 2 years before posting, once you get over the required 300 completed to post on Sup Forums you won't care anymore and will watch the sub if you want.

>JP Kid Trunks
>JP Goten
>JP Kid Trunks and Goten together

better 20 than 10