ITT: Acceptable power-ups

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kkenksIx-Zs
youtube.com/watch?v=w4-XGc-I9Uw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

America during WW2.

It's fine as long as there is anything stated earlyer in the series about it. The worst power up is the one that is going to kill you, but it never does. It's even worse than ressurection asspulls.

Powerup due to lewd was a pretty cool idea.

Shaman King was better before that chapter though.

Tusk act 4 and gon-san

It's sad how cancerous the HxH fanbase has become.

Soul Eater: Soulmates remake when Bones?

>The worst power up is the one that is going to kill you, but it never does.
only thing i hate more than this is
>If I use this it will take away X from my lifespan

>If I use this it will take away X from my lifespan
>Manga ends before the character even graduates high school

O,

Explain this meme I know it's hxh related

>acceptable powerups: what I like
>unacceptable powerups: what I don't like

It was well within the boundaries of Nen's established rules, and it's not like it was a free pass back to life, Hisoka took a lot of calculated risks to make it work.

If you say you didn't shit yourself and found this to be the coolest shit you're lying.

Too bad Kubo ruined it by making it be literally nothing special

fpbp.

Dark side power ups always have a special place in my heart

It's Hisoka's chant to come back from death. See
He revived himself by setting his aura, which has the properties of both rubber and gum, to restart his heart and lungs after 10 minutes of being dead by asphyxiation. The scene was very questionnable, while it was established that Nen can keep working after death, it was never used voluntarily as Hisoka did, and it's also been pointed out that after being dead of asphyxiation you suffer irreversible brain damage that just restarting your heart can't reverse, but at the same time, human beings in HxH have been shown to be capable of superhuman feats even without special powers. To make things worse, Hisoka's death came after a fight that was teased from a long time ago, and the outcome of the fight was as controversial among the fanbase as Hisoka's resurrection. It suffices to say that the words cheating, asspull and hack have been liberally used on the discussion.

Hisoka also worded it in a pretty funny way that only made it seem more ridiculous.

>>If I use this it will take away X from my lifespan
F

I just started reading this series.
Does he ever get more spirits or does he just stick with the samurai?

Would seem best to have multiple spirits...

He's using his own strength to fight, so there's no point in getting more and more spirits.

looks so fucking stupid...

There really isn't enough doujins of Maka ;_;

You only say that because you're not a rubber man.

>Acceptable

I remember thinking Ichigo was truly dead and from now on his hollow self would take his place until they were able to revive him somehow.

i haven't given a shit about anything besides the movie

why does sarada dress like a slut?

didn't take long for this thread to get shat up

Is that Kishimoto? What the fuck is wrong with that face it's so fucking uncanny what the FUCK

Did you really make a "power up" thread and not expect anyone to post shit from the biggest shonen series? If anything it's just surprising someone hasn't mentioned DBZ yet.

>Is that Kishimoto?
no

Kenshin getting a new sword and learning two new skills.

Anyone from Digimon or gurren lagann

But my name is Hisoka.

Digimon really did have great power ups.
youtube.com/watch?v=kkenksIx-Zs
youtube.com/watch?v=w4-XGc-I9Uw

>Killing yourself to survive
the madman, and although I love Hisoka nen working while you are dead seems wrong.

Nen continuing to work after death was something that was already established.

>which has the properties of both rubber and gum
every time

GARB OF LORD

Pretty much anything after a timeskip is acceptable

Why did you have to remind me?

It wasn't all bad, man.
Just remember the good times.

Shhh there just sleeping :,)

Pretty dope transformation design-wise with how it uses the piano motif.

Daddy issues

What's wrong with Luffy Gear 4? Is something literally everyone was waiting for after the timeskip, that it looked stupid is an entirely different argument.

The kids fusing with their partners was probably the most hype way to get the final form in any Digimon series. Kind of sad they haven't really done that again.

She really should stop using that thing, before the side effects become even more serious. Although with that curse in place i guess it doesn't really matter at this point.

Hell, it was one of the best moments in the whole series.

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

Like 99% of the shit on in One Piece.

What did you expect? Some edge ridden demon monkey god bullshit?

>nope.jpg

>continuing to work after death
But he was actively controlling it. Talking to it.

let me guess, O MY SHITPOSTING?

Using the devil is kind of edgy, but that art is pretty sick.

I was so hyped when she finally got her final form. It was worth the wait and buildup.

>Some edge ridden demon monkey god bullshit?
How about instead of taking Armament Haki, a force that was initially stated to be invisible armor, and making it black/purple. And then inexplicably allowing this new visual cue of Haki to turn into magical fucking tattoos for no reason? You just make it so he inflates is muscles? Bounceman would look 100% better without the retarded black shading.

I was so disappointed by this

this, no memes

the actual power up was B-/C+ tier, but the build up to it and all of his lines and unnerving responses was the best part.

yes.

this is why I love ??? in mob psycho, and inner beast power ups in general.

this was a very special moment, that I'll never forget, he barely survived his fight against Grimmjow and got trashed by Ulquirra yet here he was, probably stronger than anyone in hueco mundo at that point.

>powerup
Not even. Just a change in style. Plus kicks are infinitely less satisfying than punches.

This shit is why Deku's plummeting in the popularity polls.

>Not knowing bastard

Why didn't this happen earlier in the series when she drank Integra's blood?

she didn't kill Integra, from what I've gathered (read: my headcanon) vampirism is connected with life, once you've drank someone's blood until they're dead you take their life into your own.

Having a couple drops is not the same as draining a life.

My boi

>Kirishima matters now
Imokaywithis

this shit was top fucking tier. he's not even my favorite in the series, but it's so great that he got a good spotlight moment. interested to see how the anime adapts it if they ever get that far

He got wings now?

Are you kidding?
That's just one of the many shitty rip-offs HackOda pulled

>shitty
yes
>rip-offs
user, stop being retarded.

Soul Eater: Resonance sounds better. Also, never.

I get now that it's more of a style change, but even then I prefer kicks just because there used less and make him less like all might.

Our lonely War.

I still remember that awful feeling, reading how the new Soul Eater project was NOT what we wanted.

1 and 2 were both good
3's overall was cool but eh overall

Gon san is fine. His miraculous recovery via Alluka is dubious at best, but could be partially salvaged by Dark Continent shenanigans.

I like it.

I liked how, in FF4, Rydia could (near the end of the game) use the meteor spell without any drawbacks, proving that she'd "surpassed" an old NPC who used the same spell in a desperate attack, casting it from his own HP (while already at low HP).

*super dramatic music kicks in out of nowhere*

Is this manga really worthy? I dropped whe they met the kungfu chick or some shit ñike that

Acceptable power-down, for a change; it also comes with a playstyle change triggered by a change in one character's attitude (like some other fights in this manga).