This is an elf from a cooking manga

This is an elf from a cooking manga.

Hopefully she's not the one doing the cooking.

My cockatrice is hard for Marcille

Why is Marcille so fucking cute? Is it those round ears? The dark under her eyes, those legs? Fucking hell.

Marcille was created in a lab by sympathy scientists aiming to make the most adorable elf imaginable.

You just like her because she's damedame

>damedame
I have no idea what that means.

Sounds about right. And they succeeded.

>you will never have a qt elf gf like Marcille

You don't deserve one.

I do deserve one. I would love her deeply and we'd be happy.

What a bitch.

She is prime bullying material.

Chilchulk deserves happiness with a good Halfling woman to cook him food and keep him comfy

Remember folks, no sense of right or wrong!

So long as she can feel pain and fear I'm good.

She will rule the world with a fair hand of justice and a spell of blood magic.

That's Mr.Chilchulk

Why is it in worlds like Dungeon Meshi, where some races live to be exponentially older than humans, they still seem to have the emotional maturity for however old they look. You'd think if you were going on fucking 300 you'd be pretty wise by then. But they just act like every other young adult. Maybe I'm just looking at it from a human perspective, maybe if you live that long you don't have to grow up so fast?

I agree.
Is there no Halfling country in this one?
He should found the Halfling country.

I will fucking end you.

It's hard to write these kinds of characters. But they still have to shoehorn them in.

Repeated psychological trauma causes them to mentally regress.

THE BEST!!!!

Why is hair magic? It's just keratin.

They mature slower. If your physical and mental development from 5-15 lasted 60 years instead of 10, would you really be any wiser?

When are we going back to the main group? I'm tired of mister self-righteous prettyboy and his party of dum-dums getting killed all the time so others have to bail them out all the time. And who is this samurai dude and why did the ninja chicks with him immediately blush at mister dark, mysterious, and dead most of the time the moment he opened his deluded mouth?
I JUST WANT MORE MARCILLE AND COMFY COOKING REEEEEE

Because they mentally mature at a slower rate as well. Just because they're 100 years old doesn't mean they're going to act like a wise old man if they're still being raised and treated as kids within their society compared to the adults. Same with the teenagers, the middle aged, etc. If you notice, a trend for Elf characters traveling around is that they're still either considered young for their race or that they're newer to the world outside of their villages, so that while they may be old compared to a human, they're relatively sheltered or inexperienced still compared to a human like half their age.

Also writer's convenience.

The newest chapter, man.

Just last chapter. Laius learned some healing magic while Marcille worked on repairing her staff and explained just what that ritual she used was. Also they used a petrified Marcille as a pickling stone

Yeah, that's what I figured. That's an acceptable answer I guess.

This made me want to read the chapter again. Fuck it, I'll just read the whole thing again.

Girls with dark under her eyes make my unbreakable diamond

>[citation needed]
You will find it in some settings, but it's not universal.

Top fucking taste user, good shit.

>When are we going back to the main group?
Did you miss the last chapter?

But it's lore taken from common RPG settings. So it's usually agreed upon.
Say, if they are basically based on 3.5, Wizardry, maybe Tolkien lore too, then the shared traits with the inspiration, or using the source as the base upon which physics, culture, and the like is based upon makes it clear and consistent (in thought out works).
This one is based on wizardry, or so it's been mentioned here/tg before. Dunno if the aging maturity process is explained in wizardry, but since wizardry is also tied to other stuff, makes sense in the end.

>So it's usually agreed upon
It's usually not. Some authors and editions have interpreted this way, others simply kept silent about it. At best its kept vague so that the DM/GM has some leeway to do their own stuff. I see no reason why it should apply to the setting of the manga. So far there hasn't been any old but childish character anyway.

Yeah obviously I'm just bullshitting here, but my explanation should make enough sense. Unless you just want to be angry at a fantastic manga.

You know, that elf from the basilisk chapter was pretty cute, too.

By agreed upon I don't mean that it's been set in stone, just that it's a common trait and we usually then don't spend analyzing whether it's the case or not in the work... unless something happens that defies what we might have expected. Since it hasn't been the case so far here, we just don't think too much about it... or so it's been that way most threads.
>So far there hasn't been any old but childish character anyway
Marcille is not young by human standards, she's not more mature than laius, who's early 20s at most if I remember right, I forgot his exact age (if it was given).

Pretty cute, that sort of beta "couple" to marcille-laius was nice. Hopefully we see them when they get back up.

>Marcille is not young by human standards
We don't know her age at all. I would say she as old as Farlyn based on how she looked back in their school days.

Somehow expected that this would come up.

And Lauus and Chilchack are abouyt equal in maturity, even though Chilchack is older. I think he's a bit underage, by Hobbit standards, though. Since he's 29, and Hobbits are mature at 33(In Tolkien's stuff, anyway). Like a 17-year-old becoming an adventurer.

But she scoffed at 29-year-old Chilchack. She's older than he is, anyway.

Remember the chapter when they ask Chilchak how old is he? Marcille and Senshi then made a remark of "how young" while Laius was like "oh damn, mr chilchak".
So I take it that Marcille is at least over that.

How many times did we discuss this? It's not necessary that she compared his age to her own, but to the overall lifespan of either the halflings or elves.

We discussed it a lot.
I stand by it, I think the joke is lost if she's not older than him, it'd be weird like a child making fun of a teenager for being too young.

>And Lauus and Chilchack are abouyt equal in maturity,
Nah, Chilchack acts way more mature and rational than Laius. He's the sane guy of the team. His only immature moment I can think of is the mimic chapter.

See it this way: Marcille had a child-like appearance when Farlyn was a child, and looks like an adult when Farlyn is now an adult. How the fuck can Marcille be like fourty or fifty? While the mental growth of older lived races can depend on the writer, physical maturity is more often described as pretty similar to humans.

I see it as a small intersection of time in their lives.
Let's say:
[-------------------------] Marcille
[----------] Farlyn
In terms of age progression.
If you put them side by side from the start, the difference would be noticeable.
But if you shift it:
[-------------------------] Marcille
--------[----------] Farlyn
Then the gap is not so clear because their age and physical maturity happens in a timeframe where some traits are shared. Farlyn is a child when Marcille is just at the edge of it, then they go on to mature, but since physical traits manifest themselves quicker in humans Farlyn is now a late teen, just as Marcille is also leaving teenage-equivalent traits for her race.

It's an adventure manga with a focus on survival.

Also, Marcille best butter knife-ear

I fucking love everything about Dungeon Meshi. I eternally conflicted about being glad that I started reading it as soon as I did, and hoping I had left it till it is finished.

>but since physical traits manifest themselves quicker in humans
Which isn't really how it goes, or isn't as extreme to justify her making fun of Chilchack because she's so much older. And at most you would end up with a 25 years old Marcille.

Memeing aside Marcille looks pretty healthy here.

Elves are clumsy?

jeez....
i bet you are one of thorden buzzer who trying to tainted my image...
just accept it already thorden sibling is shady...

A bit confusing, even in wizardry elves have plus DEX.

Isn't really "healthy", she just has meat there where it's important: ears and legs

I love this art style.

Also, how can you be clumsy when you're natural ability is to pick up a bow and fire it like you came out of the womb with it?

I haven't seen a single elf in this manga holding a bow.

WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP MANGA IS THIS? LITERALLY, THAT'S ALL AN ELF DOES: HAVE POINTY EARS AND SHOOT BOWS

I prefer these round eared clumsy elves.

Well, she is cute.

>mangaka aren't allowed to do their own thing
At the top of the head I would say elves in anime and manga are either DEX based fighters, using either daggers or bows, rarely more than one weapon at a time, or they are just full wizards. Barely anything simultaneously or a mix.

At least they have a bigger aresenal of weapons than dwarves. Never seen an anime dwarf not using an axe.

Wait, not even a hammer? They needed another bomb on that island.

Fuck me, there was a dwarf in Drifters that fired a gun.

There was? I thought that was all of the men in that part or are you talking about the manga I didn't read yet?

Yeah, in the manga somewhat ahead of the anime.

New chapter tomorrow?

Friendly reminder that you can't eat actual treasure.

of course you can't user, the journey is the treasure

Why are you telling it to us now???

I guess i'm retarded, I completely missed it somehow, anway i'm all caught up again.
phew, back to comfy cooking and cute marcille, no more of this
judgemental ass

Oh holy shit I just realised the elf from the painting was the same dude who took Farlyn.

This is completely in-character for Marcille to pretend to be older so she'll get more respect.

It's not on break this month?

Where did you get that from?

Maybe elves hit puberty around 60-100?

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. 50-year old lolis aww yis.

>•C35 – Raws on June 14
It's on their site

Which means either A) the legal age for elves is higher as a result or B) no one gives a fuck if you like little girls because it's a pseudo-medieval fantasy setting.

Why don't they ever treat Laius like a kid?

>dude
You mean dude(female)

Oh, that's kinda hot.

It means she's dumber than a sack of bricks

No way Marcille is super smart. She's the most talented student in the history of the magic academy!

There's a fighter/mage in that show, guy.

This is an elf from an eating manga.

>fat elves

Marcille and Chilchack sometimes make fun of him for beign a bit dumb sometimes about things that have nothing to do with eating monsters.

There is also an elf that uses an axe. I should bother with the manga more, really like the elves of Danmachi.

The only good elf is a dead elf.
Deus vult, race war now!

Oni waifu is the obvious choice

Elves are not for lewd. It breaks their advanced minds.