About to start watching this. What am I in for Sup Forums?

About to start watching this. What am I in for Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gay homosex

/u/

The best anime ever made.

A really good story, a dip in quality in the middle, then a really strong finish.

Info-dumps. Get that pause button ready, your in for some reading.

sympathy for a tragic hero

I followed it week to week, how is the show in a marathon? The week gave me time to think and rewatch some parts I missed in the first view.

Shit characters and ugly art.

It's really good. Also one of the only anime I wouldn't be embarrassed to recommend to non-weebs (not to say that I ever have or ever would do so).

Squealer doing ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong.

>not being embarrassed to recommend a chinese cartoon with 14 year old boys tonguing each other

Award-winning literature.

Poor adaptation that is carried by the quality of its source material.

Everyone doing most things wrong and only one side doing enough things not wrong to be considered decentish.

Boring exposition, forced sacrifices, homosexuality. If you're particularly dumb, sympathy for a downright evil coward.

how was he evil though

Mostly good story with a weird shift in tone some 4-5 episodes in. Harry Potter meets the Giver.

Somewhat interesting philosophical premise of whether it's right to take away people's freedom/lives for their security.

Plot twists that for the most part you can see coming, and an unsatisfying ending that basically just says "Eh screw moral ambiguity: these guys were the good guys, these guys weren't. Hope you picked right".

Also, Mamoru being a whiny bitch, homosexuality and amnesia, and Reiko. Oh wait, nobody gives a fuck about Reiko

Good show. The last arc is the best.

>with 14 year old boys tonguing each other
At that age they're still cute so it's not too gay.

This.

It really is one of the best anime ever made (plot wise), also regarding homo scenes, this is the only anime where it is not forced, but essential and highlighting a point in the plot.
Also first few episodes might be slow and the >>| part of final episode should be just ignored for the ultimate experience.
If you're tired with eternal loli/moe, retarded misunderstandings and in thirst for some hq writing, you will be satisfied

Lies through his teeth, killed queens/kept them hostage or diseased and leaves them to die. Slaughters colonies that weren't willing to fight for him, steals children and makes them mindless killing machines (I'll let this one slide because the stupid ass town elder lived for 200+ years and never thought of a plan b for fiends). At the end of it all he still has the audacity to say: "I dindu nuffin".

One of the best directed shows of the past 10 years or so. Will be talked about in many years to come but Sup Forums is so pleb they wouldn't recognize a great show if it pissed into their dumb faces.

kino

It starts off really slow, just stick with it.
Glad I wasn't the only one that got some Giver vibes.

Boring, derivative tripe that only the philistines who only spend their time watching anime could enjoy.

Fun

A classic

How?

>Lies through his teeth
Nothing wrong with lying when you gotta fight for freedom, only an idiot think you can stop a tyrant by being honest with them. I bet you think clever strategies are cheating.
>killed queens/kept them hostage or diseased and leaves them to die
The same queens who were killing a lot of the clans members and treating everyone else like shit.
>Slaughters colonies that weren't willing to fight for him
The queerats had always been fighting each other and dying, at least he tried to bring purpose to their lives.
>steals children and makes them mindless killing machines
Still better than anything the towns ever did.

masterpiece

>"Eh screw moral ambiguity: these guys were the good guys, these guys weren't. Hope you picked right".
Explain further, as far as I can remember the show doesn't call anyone wrong, neither kiromaru squealer or the cantus. that's why saki ends squealer's suffering

Gay people and the rat being the only good character

The rat did everything wrong.

End was so crushing it literally made me cri every time.

Fuck the gods.

>at least he tried to bring purpose to their lives.
By killing and enslaving them for not agreeing with him.

Bonobo society.

Do you think that the French Resistance treated Nazi collaborateurs nicely?

>By killing and enslaving them for not agreeing with him
He never enslaved them

Pretentious garbage

Back to your eromanga thread.

It had me captivated and the wait between episodes was painful. The pacing is fantastic.
If you mentally cease function when you see gay shit happen, you're not going to be happy.

One of the best-paced anime ever made

Everyone has had their genomes and dna modified to include certain traits and among those traits is everyone being bisexual in order to get people to engage in sexual activity in stressful situations regardless of gender instead of fighting which helps to keep peace.

One of the best shows I've watched desu. It's definitely in my top 3

He's not wrong.

the show is literally about gays, don't watch it. It's overrated

>Has completed less than 4 anime

Again, go back to your eromanga thread.

For anyone who likes the anime, the light novel is pretty good, too. Gives more details about the world.
shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/

>these guys were the good guys
One of the main themes of the work was that "good" is what people call themselves as they do horrific things to survive.

Not the anime sadly.

I have to say, SSY threads during the second half were some of my favorite threads on Sup Forums.

Maybe because all the shiposters dropped i early.

i hate fags and couldn't be happier knowing that most of them die a horrible death
hail Squealer

If anything the anime would have benefit from more sex or at least have Saki mention she experiments with girls regularly and have Satoru and Shun date for more than one day.

Definitely need to read it some time soon. I heard the anime left a lot of notable parts particularly Saki and Satoru's development. I wish the books were officially translated. I'd definitely get all the physical copies of it.

>Not having a kindle

I would say the anime is a bad adaption, it's actually great. Pretty much 1:1 down to the characters description. Even during the Queerats attack in S2 they were literally following the novel step by step, down to the last detail.

Too bad it's lackign the sex (Though understandable, they shouldn't have cut Satoru/Shun short) and Satoru/Saki's relationship later.

Oh, I do have one. I just prefer getting physical copies especially for my favourite books.

>Too bad it's lackign the sex (Though understandable, they shouldn't have cut Satoru/Shun short) and Satoru/Saki's relationship later.
Yeah, I heard something about Satoru and Saki confessing that they do love each other in the boat scene but they won't be able to move on unless they remember Shun. The anime shouldn't have really cut that part since it does sound like a good development for their relationship

And I think there was implied lesbian sex at some point