Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dVJhwowlAMI?t=1216
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Delinquent Manga Chart

It's a Shinji chapter.

No more electric

Goodbye Shinji!

End of Chapter.

In other news, Bad Boys is being released on a weekly basis so if you're interested in that go read it.

Aren't we pretty close to finishing it? Something like 25 chapters?

Yankee girls are best girls, especially the pure hearted ones.

Yeah... There's 105 chapters in total... 29 left.

Volumes 16-17 are a complete change of pace so that should be interesting once I get to it.

Is Yuko pure hearted?

Was going to make this thread today. We've got regular Bakuon Rettou chapters, Bad Boys has become more regular as well (which is great because it looks fucking awesome) and someone has picked up Clover and we're at the end of Volume 32 so it's like 3/4 done now.

I'm going to post the latest scanlated chapter of Be-Bop High School because it's fucking great.

Regarding the latest chapters of Bakuon Rettou, I'm impressed at how seamlessly the story has changed pace from being about Takahashi being a delinquent to being about him growing up. Tsutomu is madly underrated.

Based Toru telling it like it is.

Compare this to say Crows/SJG/RokuBlues etc. where they are happy to fight 50+ at once. It's a nice touch.

There's been a couple of decent Toru chapters recently.

And that's the end of that.

Patiently waiting for more Bad Boys. Kind of hoping someone decides to scanlate Nyankees at some point but I doubt anyone will.

Also I'm not sure if anyone here has read it but I started reading Bucchigiri CA and it turned out to be pretty funny. It's got a few delinquent characters in it which show up now and again.

And after ignoring it for ages I've finally read Akatsuki Otokojuku. It's alright if you like that sort of thing but not nearly as good as Sakigake Otokojuku was. Miyashita is still a crazy ass motherfucker though.

Bakuon Rettou and BBHS releases keep my motor running.

He's really good at storytelling but even more so with BR as I'm pretty sure he was a Bousouzoku as a kid.

I think delinquentanon confirmed he was in ZERO in his younger days and that the gangs in BR are based on real ones. The only one I've heard of is Black Emperor because of the documentary and GY!BE.

Whatever happened to this?

Bad Boys gets a lot better.
Yeah he was. He talks about it sometimes on his blog.

I'm really interested in Bad Boys and how it managed to outsell some really well known series and yet no one seems to talk about it or mention it as often as those other series.

some people on tumblr recently started scanlating to-y, it seems like it takes them around 3 weeks per chapter,

Looks interesting. Maybe it'll be like a not shit version of Bremen.

That twist at the end of Bremen still leaves me pissing myself in laughter every time I think about it, shit came out of nowhere.

It's interesting...
It has a sequel (16 volumes) and oddly enough there's another manga called Kippo where Tsukasa and a few others are in. It also has a lot of OVAS...

youtu.be/dVJhwowlAMI?t=1216

I completely forgot about Bad Boys glare. Not to mention it has a live action movie and TV series. I just find it odd how something so popular doesn't seem to have many fans. It's not even super old, it ran for the same length of time as Rokudenashi Blues and people talk about that way more.

Who knows... I can understand why Rokudenashi Blues was popular as I've read it all but I haven't read all of Bad Boys yet to be able to compare the two. Though, Rokudenashi Blues' art is a lot more eye-catching than Bad boys which might play a factor.

I wonder if it's available in French, would be surprised if not even they are into it.

Did you ever find anyone to help out with A-bout! Tempted to try and read the french scans of it (and Crows Zero II) and see how much of it I can understand.

Nice compilation but shit tastes are shit no matter what.

I've read this in one go yesterday and it feels bitter sweet to me, I really enjoyed it.

Are you saying that the placement of stuff on the chart is shit or that the whole genre is shit.

Good to hear. The next volume is a big change.

This is a pretty good chart.
I have a really soft spot for WORST and Gokusen

Let me guess, Angel Densetsu and Holyland are too low and you've read less than a handful of that whole chart?

I argued a lot with chartfaganon when he made this chart and one of the arguments was about Angel Densetsu being too low, it should be in Upper tier. He wasn't having it though which I guess was fine, I at least managed to convince him to put Crows in Top tier even though he isn't a huge fan of it.

Pretty sure Joker or Jokers were a legit gang as well but as far as I'm aware, Black Emperor was the biggest one.

Why no sukeban manga on the chart?

It is, I love that down to earth shit.

>to-y
Cool, I've been interested in that dude's manga for a while like Sex and Ziggy, hopefully they don't drop it too soon.

Nah I'm chartfag and completely changed my mind on Crows, my memory was fuzzy at the time and had WORST in the back of my mind but Crows really deserves that top spot. As for Angel Densetsu I've been considering moving it to the upper tier but not sure what to move down, between Rainbow, 17-sai, Clover or perhaps even Buraiden Gai.

They're all in the lowest tier because they're all mostly shit, really though not many are scanlated and the ones that are really are pretty shit in my opinion. And there's a ton of romance manga with sukebans but I'd hardly call those delinquent manga. I had to snuck in a few of those romance-delinquent shits for the sake of filling the chart nicely.

why isn't akira on the list?

I'm glad you agree that Crows is great, it's way better than Worst is. I'd move Angel Densetsu up and Buraiden Gai down.

Delinquency is not really the key focus in Akira like it us with every other manga in that chart. It's not just enough to have delinquent characters in a manga to make it on there, it's why stuff like Slam Dunk or Ashita no Joe aren't on it.

> Buraiden Gai down.
Have you read the others I mentioned?

I read 17 Sai and Clover and watched Rainbow. I'd keep Clover in Upper tier because it's a good example of a proper yankii manga but it's more modern, like A-bout! I'd keep 17 Sai because it's unique and short and should get recommended more. Either Rainbow or Buraiden Gai can go down to be swapped with Angel Densetsu.

Although to be honest if it were up to me I'd swap it out for Ocha Nigosu. Same concept but done better and earlier in Angel Densetsu.

I like some of his work, Skyhigh being one of my favorite manga in general, but his "macho" male characters from what I've read so far have been laughable.

>I'd swap it out for Ocha Nigosu. Same concept
Did you even read Ocha Nigosu?