Can Shelter be considered as an anime ?

Can Shelter be considered as an anime ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8PAV0XllfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vo9Bvsb5Pf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can it be? Yes.

It can't because it is

It's literally animated by Japanese animators. So no matter what your definition of anime is, it should definitely count as an anime. Porter's only associated with the song. The animation itself is Japanese so you weebs can just admit it's anime.

White pig.

I know that. But is a vidéoclip for a song is a movie ? The only difference is that Shelter actually tells a story, but some clips do so without being seen as movies

/thread

There are retards who think that being anime has nothing to do with it being literally animated by japanese people

I'd be perturbed if it was considered anything else.

Take it easy man, I wasn't talking about the medium, but about the artistic point of view. And being animated by Japanese people makes it a Japanese Animation. Not an anime.

>Animated short produced in Japan by Japanese artists
no.

Technically it's a Franco-American song with a clip animated by a Japanese studio.

anime is japanese animation you fuck i am going to fucking kill you in real life
die

Learn the difference between animation and anime. Technically there are chinese and French anime nowadays.

They aren't fucking anime, just because it shares tropes doesn't make it anime. If it isn't animated by nips it isn't japanese

No, there aren't.

>If it isn't animated by nips it isn't japanese.
Congratulations. But that's not the point. Anime is a type of animation, not a nationality.

If you think the Daft Punk MVs back then are anime, then yeah.

I never considered them as an anime. They are music videos. That doesn't mean they are bad, but that the primary media is the music and nit the animation.

I only thought: Who the fuck is Porter and why should I care?

The fucking making-of/announcement basically sucked Porters dick. (So amazing. So unique. He's so dreamy.)

Objective Top 5 Animes of all Times
5. Legend of korra
4. Teen titans
3. Neon genesis evangelion
2. Code lyoko
1. Steven Universe.

This is an objevtive Sup Forums approved list of the top anime and nothing can contest it

The western definition of the term "Anime" stands SOLELY for media animated by Japanese animation studios.

In Japan the term encompasses all of animation.

>Anime is a type of animation

Get a load of this imbecile.

You forgot The Simpsons and South Park

You imbecile, you and me both know South Park is manhwa, not anime. Stop trying to bait.

That made sense 10 years ago when this type of animation was exclusively Japanese. Also Japan produces Western-styled cartoons. In your definition this is anime.

Top 5 Sup Forums Approved Cartoons
5. Panty and stocking with garterbelt
4. Kaiba
3. To be hero
2. spongebob
1. LWA
0. (You)
now go back to the board where you belong

Op here. I just wanted to know if I can tell it's an anime because I was unsure. Is debating about the limits of what is anime or not this difficult ?

It does not matter if it's western-styled or not. If it's made in Japan, it's fucking anime. If it's anime-inspired but made in the USA, it's a fucking cartoon. Technique or type of animation have nothing to do with it.

Do you know the difference between manga and manwha? Same fucking story.

It literally is an anime. Animated in Japan by a Japanese studio.
It's a fucking harrowing anime when you realise what she's been condemned to, but it's still an anime.

>when you realise what she's been condemned to
The alternative wasn't so great, either.

>Ananime(Japanese:アニメ?,[aɲime], plural: anime)is aJapanesehand-drawn or computeranimation. The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese, where this term references all animation.Outside Japan,animeis used to refer specifically to animation from Japan or as a Japanese-disseminated animationstyleoften characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastical themes.

I'd rather die beside my loved ones that be locked into a mental prison with no social interaction of any kind, not even wildlife, and shot off into space to await death after years of crippling loneliness.

How dare you to forget Cory in The House and Spongebob?

>animeis used to
>animeis
>used to
stopped reading there. please provide citation to your wrong opinion and cease posting forever

Is "Les mystérieuses citées d'or" anime ? It was animated by japs.

She is happy like that. The story is also a beautiful display of paternal love. He offers her an infinity of worlds to explore.

It's on the grey area.

>Also Japan produces Western-styled cartoons. In your definition this is anime.
It is. The definition developed that way to cleanly separate American garbage from Japanese content.

Did you copy from a pdf?

>An anime (Japanese: アニメ?, [aɲime] (About this sound listen), plural: anime)[a] is a Japanese hand-drawn or computer animation. The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese, where this term references all animation.[1] Outside Japan, anime is used to refer specifically to animation from Japan or as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastical themes.[2][3]

Wikipedia

This implies anime is a genre. Get the fuck out of here with that trash

> vidéoclip

Citation [1] is on a feminist website and has nothing credible to back it up concidering it's just one woman's blogpost which barely has anything to do with the definition of anime, only having like one line talking about what it actually is.

Citation [2] is to Merriam webster and says that it's sylistically defined, although i don't think Merriam Webster is very savvy in anime or it's community

And Citation [3] is to Anime News Network that agrees with the definition being Japanese makes something anime

Yes

Human language is imprecise, borders of categories shift like snakes.

But this case is rather clear. The production staff is mostly japanese. Even the crunchyroll staff is from their japanese branch. The only westerner is porter.

Is Ducktales an anime, then?

The nationality of the animators is not the only thing that matters. Who were in charge of planning, in leading positions on the project, is way more important.
I don't know the specifics of Shelter, but that the animators are Japanese is not an argument.

can Interstella 5555 be considered an anime?

>I don't know the specifics of Shelter
If only there were a database - or two databases - that would let you look up that kind of information.

But Amazing Nuts is anime?

Portah senpai is my husbando

porter robinson wrote and directed the anime and also the music for it.

It's the best thing A1 Pictures has made so far

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8PAV0XllfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vo9Bvsb5Pf8