Haruhi Suzumiya (12-19)

I have just recently picked up this show, pics were popping here and there and I heard it was praised back when it was airing, so I decided to try.
Aside from FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL idea is interesting, I watched until 11 ep (Island arc). And then loop arc started. They fed me an entire episode of slice of life and they did it 3 times in a row already with only slight changes. This is so retarded. I feel violated. My eyes bleed. Fuck pool and fuck bug catching. There are eight (haha so funny) episodes in this arc. Will I be able to endure? And what did you feel if you watched it when it was on air? And don't even try spoiling me, I know how to avoid it.

1/3

Endless eight is pottery.

It's not even worth spoiling, the anticlimax of endless eight is a work of art in itself.

Just watch 1, 2 and 8 you masochist

Appreciate the differences and portrayal of summer or just skip to the 8th. It's only a semi-important story, relevant enough to the plot but not enough for an entire arc. Execution was pretty good but it's not for everyone.

Is endless eight literally the ballsiest move anyone in the anime industry has done?

He isn't even going to get a kiss? It's like cockblocking but with fanservice.

I like to think that out of the 1500-something times there was one where he just went ahead and gone for it, but even that's pretty unlikely.

It'd have ended the loop. The point was that he was stuck because he would never do anything and just follow Haruhi around without giving input.

>broadcast order
You already fucked up

>broadcast
I meant chronological

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I'd say "summer love" is pretty high on the list of fun things to do in the summer.

It is the way they were in the playlist. Better order?

Broadcast order is the proper way to watch Haruhi.
Chronological ruins the ending since its like episode 4 in chronological order and the last episode is Kyon going to get a space heater for the club.

In my opinion, the best way to watch Haruhi is broadcast order for the first season, watch the second season in chronological order, then watch Disappearance.

It's a highly polarizing question since everyone will say the order they used is the best.
Not that it matters that much, both have their pros and cons, and the movie is the best part anyway.

>everyone will say the order they used is the best
I watched first season chronologically and I think it was a bad choice. The addition of season 2 changes things a bit.

Chronological sets the field for Disappearance in a better way in my opinion. Watching Kyon going to get the heater and interacting with Nagato before the movie is great.
But yeah, broadcast is better for a first-timer.
You fucked up. Do it from the start again.

That'd be the fifth time.

>he didn't watch them all as they aired
Thanks for the blog update, newfag.

I fell for the endless 8 bullshit to. If I ever meet the author I will punch them in the throat.

>author
It was 1 chapter in the book. Kyoani turned it into 8 episodes because why the fuck not it might be because they decided to turn Disappearance into a movie at the last minute

I ended up watching 11 episodes of endless 8.

Yes, I fell the fuck asleep 3 times during it and rewatched it because I was wondering what the fuck was going on and if I just mis-remembered the episode.

I will murder the endless 8 creator

Endless Eight is a short chapter in the books though. It's the anime that went batshit with it.

All those lightweights here skipping E8.
You want the full Haruhi experience, you watch E8. All of it.

As someone who chose to endure it not only once but twice, I can ensure you that there's a mystical point somewhere in episode 5 (of 8), where your frustration suddenly melts away and makes way for a zen-like acceptance. It's a wonderful feeling. You feel one with the Haruhi universe.

Then something strange happens. Those subtle variations, those animation quirks, they become so meaningful to you that you want to REWATCH E8, just to find the structural logic behind them. You even think about buying 7 more monitors, in order to be able to watch all E8 episodes simultaneously. It's pure bliss.

And when you finally reach the end, you realize that you witnessed a great revelation. Haruhi is God and Kyoani is her prophet.

sasuga Kyoani

but for real those subtle changes are pretty interesting and I just really like summer

I agree. I rewatch it every time I rewatch the series so I've seen it in its entirety five times and I still enjoy it every time for those little changes and the atmosphere as well as having a great reference on how execution can change the tone of something since all of them have a different feel to them, with some feeling really distinct to me, even though the actual events are the same. I feel like it's underappreciated and often misunderstood. Some people say it's some commentary on the repetition of slice-of-life shows or anime in general but that's bullshit because the series is in defense of silly anime elements and the arc is only the way it is due to them having nothing to fill the time slots they've paid for since they decided to make Disappearance a movie.

Speak for yourself. I thought it was fucking painful. It looked nice and all that but I still spent 2+ hours of my life watching boring as hell SoL bullshit, and not even the good kind. The ending was disappointing too.

I do appreciate Koizumi's joke in the third one, though.

We should start a thing where we get a bunch of people to go back and watch old shows so we can have threads to discuss them.

Sorta like the Christmas Toradora thing but with Haruhi and cowboy Bebop and GitS and shit.

That actually sounds like a neat idea. There are some shows like Samurai Champloo and Captain Tylor where I feel like they're underappreciated here.