How to get stuff translated

Is there any forum/group which accepts or considers suggestions for manga to translate?
I have the raws of some obscure stuff I think is pretty good, but since it's so unknown people can't decide wheter to translate or not.
And sending requests to groups which are already busy doesn't work TBQH

Other urls found in this thread:

overloadscans.info/2016/07/kumamiko-licensed/
insidescanlation.com/etc/The-Idiots-Guide-to-Editing-Manga/guide/main.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You pay__ them.

Dump what you have and hope for an user to take interest.

money

>OP uses private translator
>doesn't share, just read the manga himself

Learn nip and translate it yourself, at least that's what I'm doing.

Or do that

nothing wrong with that

Use google translate

I could do the first few chapters, but only if it's actually good / has adequate "plot" to keep me going.

Not OP but you should translate the Koshoku Robot one-shot, or maybe the first chapter of the full manga.

>private
Just pay a scangroup

Looks interesting. Thanks for the recommendation, always nice to find stuff a little out of the ordinary. I'll look into it when I get some free time. (Hah....kill me...)

If you ever decide to try and post it here I'll do all the typesetting for it.

nothing wrong

>doesn't even post the name or the raws of stuff that you think is "pretty good"

Shit thread. That's the first thing you should do if you want something translated, retard.

I'll consider translating this too.

The biggest limiting factor is finding someone to actually typeset it in Photoshop. I have about 2,000 pages of translated manga not being released because I don't have a monkey willing to waste time copy/pasting for three days straight.

Pay for one.

Well if anything comes of it I'll be around in the scanlation threads. I have photoshop and a couple weeks without any summer classes.

Try Tohno-chan. Some people might do it just for practice or fun.

Money money money

When did our fancircle get invaded by Jews? Back then, we did something because we loved it, or because it made people happy.

If you break down and pay somone OP you become the problem.

wow i really need to get on translating this shit ass manga i couldn't care less because of honor or some shit

Do you have a copy of the one-shot? Or is it just the first chapter in the manga? I'm looking at the raws now and can't tell.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly just one guy that keeps popping up in scanlation threads and just generally anywhere people ask for translations.
I will say though that even though I scanlate for free, I don't think it's an inappropriate response to tell people that if they really want to see something translated, they should be willing to pay. That's just how the world works, and it's a bit entitled to assume that anyone would want to do put in the effort for your pet manga.

Autism about typesetting genuinely hurts scanlation. Any faggot with an understanding of nip, some raws and MS Paint can translate manga and produce a perfectly readable result, but the autism about how it needs to look perfect leads to people either not giving enough of a shit to do it, or to finished translations sitting around for years because nobody wants to typeset them.

By that logic, what's wrong with just zipping up raws with a translation txt?
That way no one wastes any time typesetting/redrawing.

>but that doesn't work for online readers
who gives a fuck

>but then I have to move my head back and forth between the image and the text
who gives a fuck

Autism gives and takes.

Fans of a series will translate shit for passion? Makes sense.

People who aren't fan of a series don't want to spend their time translating a series they don't particularly like for free? Wow, who would have guessed?

It works, obviously, but it's generally harder to read and a bitch to distribute.
But when we have groups that take two months on one chapter, what's generally the case is that the translation and editing took less than a day and the rest of the two months were spent on some slow fuck redrawing shit. That stuff takes ages if you want it to look good. Whipping up something equally readable but slightly less professional-looking takes a lot less time, and if that was generally accepted translators could generally translate shit themselves without having to join a group full of Photoshoppers first.

I think it's the first chapter.

Sometimes people get impatient and pay, that happened with 3 Gatsu no Lion and then the group started releasing again as soon as they found out someone else was trying to do it.

Didn't that shit have like 50 fully translated chapters that some group had called dibs on and were releasing at a rate of one chapter every other month or so? Then the flipped their shit when someone else did a release using that exact same translation?

Yeah, that's exactly what happened.

We had this discussion last thread, turns out the guy complaining about money is just some shitposter. At one point he even said how it was wrong that time and expertise were worth money in our world.

You're such a newfag pretending to be old it hurts. Paying for shit you wanted has always been the way things have gone in this fandom. For translations, for scans, and for subs way back when.

Rather, I honestly think people doing things for free is far more prevalent now than it was 10-20 years ago, due to the internet and the belief now that anyone can translate anything.

>our
>we
so what have you contributed?

In my personal experience, I keep running into groups that can get translation/redraws done on time (sometimes that's because I'm the translator and/or typesetter), but can never seem to hold onto a decent typesetter.
I'm not trying to contradict your point, because I do agree with you that that's how it is in general. I just thought it was funny that my own experience runs counter to that.

>translator and/or typesetter
Sorry, I meant "translator and/or redrawer", if it's not entirely clear.

It doesn't run contrary to it. There'd be a hell of a lot more scanlations done if people were fine with ones that were just quick cut and paste jobs in Paint that didn't require any Photoshop experts to fiddle around for months.

If you have a raw and a translated script, that should be enough to do a release, but today people that have both of these things still take months to get the translation into the raw because redrawers or typesetters or whatever other positions aren't involved in the actual translation portion take forever.

I've been told something similar recently when I showed my work here. To not worry about my lack of typesetting experience and stop chasing for some ridiculously high quality goal when 95% of the readers won't even notice the difference.

this is a fucking pain in the ass and its easy to get lost and mix up panels

yeah i guess you can, mspaint gives off madd artifacts when inserting text though

I did two chapters of this in Paint since the group "working" went months between chapters. Said group posted a salty post on the site afterards saying it was basically unreadable nd nobody should bother with it but I have a feeling most people were just happy to get to read the thing.

>on the site
What site?

Also, they are probably just mad someone did it since it shows that people in general were unhappy with their rhythm. Never underestimate how shallow people can be.

I'd be willing to bet your average reader was super happy to get something. When I posted my work here I was nervous at first because of how amateur everything was and how little I knew (and still do) of what I was doing but everyone was super cool about it and I could not have asked for a better reception. People really don't seem to care if the result is plus ultra super pro level quality, as long as it's readable and it shows you cared enough to try your best.

Did you post it on the scanlation thread?
Because the only time I posted something in there I got an angry user telling me I should learn typesetting first before trying to do anything.
Mind that the only thing I did "wrong" was not putting thoughts speechs in fucking italic, even though it was pretty clear what it was.

No I made a thread and dumped the chapter.

>I did two chapters of this in Paint since the group "working" on it went months between chapters. Said group posted a salty post on the site afterwards saying it was basically unreadable and nobody should bother with it, but I have a feeling most people were just happy to get to read the thing.

Sorry, had my files on a shitty laptop with a sticky keyboard, so my post got all kinds of fucked up.

But yeah, they made a post on their own site bitching about how terrible the quality was.
overloadscans.info/2016/07/kumamiko-licensed/
>Yes, we know someone else scanlated the next two chapters, but they look horrible. Don’t read them unless you enjoy left-aligned Arial with bad redraws and JPEG artefacts all over.

*on THEIR site
Fucking hell.

This. Trying to find a nihon class in my area is fuckin hard though

Don't a pussy op and start learning japanese.

Anyone here knows any decent tutorial on how to translate with photoshop or any other program? my nihongo skills are decent and I want to try and translate lewd manga but I can barely use ms paint.

I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but when I worked on stuff it made a huge difference whether people were enthusiastic about the work I was doing. I only really did the work to enjoy hanging out with the best user's in the threads I would post stuff in. I would have had a difficult time staying motivated for something if it was too obscure or otherwise unpopular.

That aside, typesetting is a huge thing. I had a couple people who attempted to do that side of things for me, but nothing that ever stuck. Honestly though, I enjoyed the typesetting as much as the translating. The only bit I hated was cleaning up pages that I scanned.

Disclaimer, I was probably pretty shit at it all anyway.

>translate with photoshop

>how to translate with photoshop
Assuming you mean what I think you do, I recently used this insidescanlation.com/etc/The-Idiots-Guide-to-Editing-Manga/guide/main.html

Not sure how good it is but it was enough to get the job done.

Anyone here knows how to drink with car?

>class in my area
this bait?

One reliable way to get a group in gear is releasing some chapters of something they stalled on. Doesn't last forever, but pride and anger causes them to get back to it.

You are overthinking it. Get photoshop or gimp and just go. Lewd stuff is a good place to get your practice in - standards are lower there.

You really don't need a class for what you want to do. They have some value for speaking or writing, but you can learn to read and listen on your own if you care to.

No, but at least you're not downloading it: the scummiest, most unamerican thing you can do.

>fucking white people can't even into honor

Thanks user!
Sorry, english isn't even my first language. I meant how turn the moonrunes into something legible.
No bully pls

holy salt

how much did you know of photoshop? paint might be easier for short stuff, but frankly after a couple of attempts in getting used to it PS is far easier and faster for everything.
I'll just brush over the dialogue boxes, put in text tool (centered), select font (helsinki, komika text, mighty zeo etc) and start typing, making sure the size isn't overly large so there's some empty space around the bubble.

>commissioning is wrong
You are stupid.

Sad panda TL bounties usually only require a script. You don't really need to know typesetting yourself.

Hoesntly, I literally have no experience and never used photoshop. I'm just downloading it right now. That's why I asked for tutorials on how to get started.
Its just recently that the idea of translating something came to me, I just thought it would be a fun exercise since I have been studying japanese for some years and maybe some people could enjoy it too even if its kinda shitty.

Make a thread posting the raws and asking for a translation. You'll get someone greentexting it sooner or later. And there's lots of anons with basic editing experience that'll put it all together.

I'm too lazy to look for or commit to something but I like translating random pages and chapters dumped in threads.

get a job and maybe you too could do the same.

If I started typesetting, would just getting wildwords (if that's the font to use) and using gimp be alright?

Depends on how much you care about the quality standards of the "scene".
As other people have pointed out, readers don't really give a fuck as long as there are roman letters on the page.
From a very-serious-scanlation perspective, wild words is fine, but only having a single font isn't, and GIMP is fine if you're working solo, but if you work in a group, it's annoying for the workflow when almost everyone uses PS and one person uses GIMP.
From a usability standpoint, Photoshop is a little nicer, if for no reason other than how easy actions are to record. GIMP scripts aren't hard if you have any programming background, but it's still less convenient.

Photoshop is easily pirate-able if you can't stand paying $10/mo.

Right, I would need different fonts for various things. I just had the idea after seeing one of those recruiting pages on some manga, since I'm not totally useless at image editing and have some time I could devote.

Typesetting has the lowest barrier to entry, so it's a good way to help out without prior knowledge or significant time commitment.
You can find typesetting guides with a quick google search, and you can get font recommendations from those guides or from the groups you work with.

The very basic scanlation fonts that everyone (over)uses are:
Wild Words (body)
Augie (small text, small sfx)
Annifont (small text, small sfx)
Mouth Breather (shouting)
I still encourage you to seek out more fonts, but this covers your bases and again, I don't know how much you care about "the way you're supposed to do it."

I guess I could post this.