Why gender bender is so common but reverse gender bender is almost inexistent?

Why gender bender is so common but reverse gender bender is almost inexistent?

You need to work on your word order. It's not the same for questions as it is for statements.

Also, the reason is that girls are pretty.

Why would you want beautiful women to turn into hideous men? That's a downgrade, not an upgrade.
Stop being such a faggot OP.

I think it's all about the exploration of the other side of things.
Most people seem to agree on the opinion that girls have a more complicated existence, and 2D girls are cute, so they easily shit out a story and have cute girl fanservice on the side.

You can't do the same with a girl-to-guy, apparently.

If you want a serious plot, with a guy-to-girl reverse gender you have a character that is probably aggresive pushed into a role where he can't be so aggresive anymore, so there's an instant conflict with suddenly having a weaker body that draws lust of people that were probably their friends before. From a fetishistic point of view, a lot of men would draw/read material about regular gender bender because basically everything is a fetish, and I would venture that the idea of being instantly liked for your body instead of having to work out to not being ignored (which probably happens a lot to the kind of guys who would read doujins) has a certain appeal. I bet that a lot of women would like to be men, or fantasize with that, but most of them wouldn't get caught admitting it.

I think there could be some conflict in a girl to guy gender bending if you take a woman that is comfortable being a woman and put her in the shoes of some action hero, or someone extremely manly like that. At least some comedy potential could be drawn. There's also the fact that everybody thinks men are figured out while women are mysterious, but you could draw some comedy value from a girl suddenly turned into a man, getting unwanted erections from her friends and things like that.

just wait

Reverse gender bender? So turning a character into the opposite sex and back again?

>Reverse gender bender

You mean keeping them the same gender?

oh right, that theory

You could also have a plot like Otomen, if the girl-to-guy still likes girly things or acts girly while looking as masculine as allowed.
Have him be chatted up by thirsty girls or gyarus and look at how he reacts to that, find the benefits and detriments to a guy's body, stuff like that.

I prefer "normal" gender bender 1000 times, but I think a bit of variety does not hurt
It's like reverse traps. It's not a trap turning straight. It's a woman turning into a man

There's a lot of embarrassing secrets a transvestite who can manipulate hormones could hide about you. Maybe Crocodile had really bad acne when he was a child. I truly hope he turns out to be a girl, though.

>It's a woman turning into a man
The point is that gender bender, at least when worded like that, doesn't specify a particular gender as starting point, while trap is a term with strict gender connotations.

And reverse trap is equally stupid, like reverse racism. Except when you say reverse gender bender I genuinely don't know if that means MtF or FtM. I see both kinds all the time.

favorite headcanon

This gender distinction for gender benders must be a new concept.
It's always been gender bender for me, regardless of original sex.

In truth, Crocodile is actually a girl that was in love with the original Crocodile. Following her love onto the Grand Line, she soon found herself surrounded by horrible danger. Crocodile gave his life to save her.
In despair, she was reborn as the new Crocodile. All of "his" edginess and arrogance is her trying to live up to her memory of how the true Crocodile was or should be.

Reverse traps make sense. Traps were always about guys passing as girls so convincingly that you might fap to them before realizing the truth, and maybe even after realizing it.

But the word doesn't indicate gender. Judges and cops used to always be men, but you don't call a female a reverse judge or a reverse cop.

False equivalence. Cops aren't a crossover from one gender to the other. Adding reverse to something that has no gender-vector is meaningless.

The thing is, gender has a relevance on a trap. A reverse trap wouldn't just be a girl that dresses as a guy, she would be a character that makes pussies wet by how well they pass as a man. You don't call a father a "reverse mother".

Uhm, excuse me, my gender transforms as a (0,2) tensor.

Tensors are just hipster vectors.

I like the ones that take it further and say that she was Luffy's mom.

Girls are cute. Turning a girl into a boy is a waste.

>No genderbender NTR where the Girl(Male) is getting bull pussy

Good point user, good point

I thought that was what he meant

Why is his girlfriend the judge?
Why does she have his dick removed?
Is she secretly a lesbian?

A trap is a trap. Pic related is a girl who tricked nearly everyone in her show into believing she was a boy. Ikemen girls are as big of a cliche as male traps. And they are not called gyaku otoko no ko either.

Tranny is another word that the vast majority of the time means a man trying to pass a woman, so why is the accepted term for both cases transsexual, adding male to female or vice versa, instead of reverse tranny? Because that's the kind of idiotic shit that only flies with nerds.

It does seem to be rare for a manga, let alone an anime, to be based on a female character experiencing becoming male, without it being something like body swapping.

>so why is the accepted term for both cases transsexual,
Is it?
I have never heard it used to describe a woman in a man's attire. In fact, culturally that would be pretty difficult to distinguish from just a normal 3DPD.

Okay, tumblr, here's a question:
What's the difference between a crossdresser and a trap?

Why the fuck would "gender bend" need another term, when it's universal?

>What's the difference between a crossdresser and a trap?
Traps are sexy.
Crossdressers are generally 3DPD.

Transsexual is one who wants to change their sex/gender
A transvestite is someone who merel dresses as another.

>man Satsuki getting molested by discoDILF in the bath
Oh baby

she is not his girlfriend; she's pretending be a whore to catch him

>taking part in both judiciary and executive powers
Is that legal?

gender bender is a degenerate fetish for closet trannies

>Tranny is another word that the vast majority of the time means a man trying to pass a woman
I've never seen it used with the opposite meaning. Nobody calls a woman with men clothes tranny.

is legal for a loli (-18) work in general?

I like reverse traps

>not wanting to fuck girls while wearing a frilly dress
Gay

there are literally dozens of us