How this generic edge shit became so popular?

How this generic edge shit became so popular?

It wasn't generic at the time it was released.

Japan enjoys edgy. At the time they also had a love affair with the M16. It was a relatively new rifle and had a relatively futuristic appearance to it, so its presence helped fuel the rise of Golgo 13 among gun nuts and teenagers in Japan of the era.

It's the Japanese take on James Bond, how could it go wrong? Besides, it was probably very original for its time.

This. Just how many stories about literal cold blooded assassin MC can you name from pre-80s Cold War years? It was all about cool secret agents fighting for justice and peace and shit at that point.

>Serving your country is edgy
Sure thing cuck

>Tfw OP is american
>tfw OP is stupid (american and stupid are synonyms in my country)
>"There was no time before I was born in 2001" -OP

OP is probably a newfag who thought everything that contain blood and action are "edgy shit"

He's also a liberal cuck who thinks nationalism is a bad thing.

stop saying cuck you fucking idiot golgo13 is a hitman assassin 3 million dollars

>generic edge shit
>the rise of Golgo 13 among gun nuts and teenagers
>fighting for justice and peace
>Serving your country
>nationalism
Have any of you fuckers EVER read a single arc, heck, a single fucking chapters of Golgo 13?
Because what I'm reading here isembarassing even by this board standards.

Wasn't he a hired gun?

Next year is the 50th year anniversary, new anime is highly likely.

Classic in Japan

I will be entirely honest with you, the only thing I know about Golgo is that he apparently was hired by the British government to kill one of the ex-presidents of my country, but I never could learn if it was true or not.

>I will be entirely honest with you,
Please don't. Entire honesty would take forever to get through.
We don't want your entire thought process and discarded conclusions. Please just give us the slightly dishonest but sufficiently correct summary, touched up with an eye on what would be socially acceptable to say in the context of Sup Forums/a/.

OK. However I didn't affirm none of those things

This board is full of numales

there we go, here it is again, been waiting for this!

You must be an example of the pinnacle of human masculinity if you post on a mongolian motion pictures board.

Did he have a lot of loyalty?

For contracts, yes.

>He fell for the Sup Forums is only for beta NEETs meme

wishfullfilment.Golgo is the perfect blank slate on wich every 13yo can project.

>Golgo
>blank slate
You should actually read the manga or at least watch the series before talking nonsense.

>It panders to my ideology so it is good
The "saving your country" story line is a tired concept. Just because a show feels like an echo chamber for nationalists doesn't mean it is good.

i watched the 1982 OVA and a bit of the 2008 Anime series.

Actually enjoyed the fuck out of the anime, very masculine and relatable which are two things anime doesn't do alot.

That's right, it's for omega turboautists.

this is wrong tho because he isn't really anything like james bond at all. the only similarity is that they are both assassins.

Golgo can be hilarious and badass multiple times in the course of 20 minutes without speaking a single line, James Bond is all one liners.

>2008
Has it already been that long?

Golgo is fucking boring as a character.

>has no interest in anything
>no motivation for doing his job
>fucks women for no reason
>doesn't stand out from your average 80's action hero
>most of his assassinations aren't even that impressive

There are far better assassin characters out there than Golgo 13.

You are objectively wrong.
>has no interest in anything
>no motivation for doing his job
He literally spends his entire fortune once just so he can continue working as a hitman. He loves his job.
>fucks women for no reason
Fox and sour grapes?
Just because you can't get laid doesn't mean it's not fun.
>most of his assassinations aren't even that impressive
Okay.ogg

>There are far better assassin characters out there than Golgo 13.

This is objectively wrong, there are no better assassin's than Golgo 13, in terms of his character or his effectiveness.