Wow. It took them a mere 2 episodes to get to the same point as Evangelion...

Wow. It took them a mere 2 episodes to get to the same point as Evangelion. It might not be as pretty to look at without the harem aspect but I'm sorry for making fun of you gundam lovers out there. All you chuuni lovers will still be able to self insert in 0079 as you did with EVA.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5tOQC5R3MK4
youtube.com/watch?v=_StZDxiUIWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait until you get to the good gundam series

Gundam's a fun ride m8, enjoy yourself.

Also, don't believe her lies.

>captcha: archisan ZETA

>I have ADHD so any development can't be more than 2 episodes max

Cool blog post, kid.

Huh?

Because Gundam's setting requires Amuro to man up or get killed.

Eva's setting is far more forgiving and enabling of faggotry.

at least he got some good slaps, unlike shinji who needed his ass beat up but instead he got gay'd up

That being?

I really need to rewatch 0079 but I remember loving it after Ryu suicides himself. Tomino does a fantastic job of world building but he really doesn't draw you in much with plot.

Don't listen to people who bash ZZ, it's fun and not nearly as terrible as they make it out to be. It's pretty rocky until after Moon Moon but I found the second half a lot better. Especially due to Haman.

So, let's say Amuro joins Zeon in 0079, how would his and Char's relationship have played out over the course of the entire franchise, would Amuro have helped Char in dethroning the Zabis or not?

A core component of Gundam is physical abuse

Finish the series. Amuro gets way better as a human. Far more than Shinji ever did.

Why people keep comparing Shinji with every single mecha pilot ever? it's as dumb as comparing, I don't know, Austin Powers to Daniel Craig's James Bond.

Shinji was never intended to be a hero and Evangelion was never supposed to be a mecha show. Hell, even the giant robots aren't robots at all

Terrible analogy, since Austin Powers is a parody of James Bond. Amuro and Shinji are the MCs of two very popular mech shows that have stood the test of time.

She was such a major cunt near the end,no joke.

IBO, Seed and 00.

this ones kinda justified since 0079 was anno main inspirations and he did try to take some cues from it when when making Eva

anything but G Gundam

The thing I liked the most about 0079 was how it felt like an actual war. The battles involving the White Base were so desperate; soldiers actually trying to survive.
The rest of the Gundam shows I've watched feel like slapfights between bullies using giant robots.

For the record, OP, you'll want to watch the TV series of 0079 and Zeta, but after CCA you should go read Beltorchika's Children, since it's a somewhat better conclusion than the film version. It also has the sexiest of all UC Gundams.

>Don't listen to people who bash ZZ, it's fun and not nearly as terrible as they make it out to be. It's pretty rocky until after Moon Moon but I found the second half a lot better. Especially due to Haman.
I actually enjoyed zz more than zeta.

Good joke m8

Nope. Eva was intended to be a subversive work, not Mobile Trooper Evangelion. There is nothing wrong about Shinji acting as he acts because that's the entire point.

I pretty much got everything I wanted out of Gundam from war in the pocket.

People who hate Zeta will love the first half of ZZ. People who love Zeta will love the second half of ZZ.

*anything UC except 0096

Also G Gundam is a great super robot spinoff, fuck the fags that tells you otherwise.

Haman is one of the better female antagonists in Gundam definitely.

true but more as a subversion to the Super Robot Genre type leads

Gundamfags are so insecure about Eva it's becoming kinda pathetic.

Space Runaway Ideon is more Eva related IMO, you should watch that instead if you want a sort of precursor.

G Gundam was a soulless cash-in that was only made because Sunrise realized how much of a cash cow Gundam toys were.

World building in Gundam is mediocre. Why do people praise it ? The whole space colony concept is unoriginal as fuck and Earth being unified shows you how simplistic the show is. It's like a kiddy version of LoGH.

Right down to the giant robot having freaky roars.

but 0079 point is not getting into the robot, but WAR IS HELL, which Tomino will strike in to your head until you love it or hate it. After that it will be NWTYPE MAGIC

Keep in mind it's very corny and it has huge Tomino autism. Eva is way better but if you really want to see what influenced it I guess it's alright.

I like Z and despise ZZ, I have Jewdog and every single of his fucko friends: thank God none of them is ever even mentioned in sequels or spinoff

Fuck Jewdog

>Eva is way better
That is one hot, fresh opinion you've got there. The entirety of Evangelion is Anno trying really, really hard to make another Be Invoked.

*I hate

Being unable to refer to an object by its actual name and not your nickname for it is a sign of autism

That message is obvious and boring and wasn't even well done in Gundam. Tomino is a hack.

Yeah his roars are pretty cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=5tOQC5R3MK4

Everything Tomino makes has flaws but are (usually) worth it for where they shine, I think Ideon is one of them.

I hate Zeta and I hate ZZ even more. Couldn't even continue after 15 episodes. It was really becoming more and more retarded, and it started really low.

>soulless

Shut your dick sucking mouth, it had more soul than the toilet clogging shit "love letter to mecha" bullshit that came out in 2007.

G no Reconguista

turning point was around the colony drop

Just like the entire franchise.
In other news, water is wet

>elpeo ple

I'm 4 Vagina

I am june(6) Cock.

The problem with ZZ was that the villains, besides Haman, were just so ridiculous and camp. Big change compared to Zeta with the whole "GENOCIDE EVERYTHING" motive the Titans were going for.

Did Tomino ever clarify whether this guy was Char? There's no way he wasn't.

>Char is featured in the ZZ opening
>No Char at all in the anime

From what I have heard, char was supposed to be the leader of the glemy club instead of glemy himself, but they decided to save him for cca once that got greenlit.
June kock might have been char if cca didn't got greenlit.

forget what episode (think it was around 30) but Haman instructs neo zeon to drop a colony on dublin, which succeeds.

Zeta.

>0079
>A whiny brat that eventually matured and cared for his white base family
>Z
>A tired old veteran who just want to be alone but still join the fight when his friend and family were threatened
>CCA
>A soldier that would sacrifice his life for the sake of humanity

Amuro such a great character in all gundam universe, watching him grew from a whiny brat to a guy who willingly put himself between Axis and Earth was so goddamn inspiring

Except he never got that Sayla Ass.

>Implying he never tap that ass when he is working at Cheyenne Mountain

>Except he never got that Sayla Ass

he does so in the novels

>0079
>bad
fuck you

Amuro also dies much early in that novel.

Right? She was somewhat fine until that point. She's probably one of the worst girls from Gundam. Only slightly better than Katejina.

Good taste, but the Nu is better. Hi-Nu in Nu's colors is also a good choice. Something about the Nu's color scheme is just really, really great.

Ideon movie is unironically better than everything in the EVA franchise though.

When Ideon gets good?
Should I just skip to the movie?

Wait until all the magic starts. Or until you become infuriated with lack of security of mechs, of the frequency of which bright brings on children only to have them cause problems but NOT die or get punished. The sheer insubordination (for a few it's fine because they are not military) even after months onboard and being 'part of the crew'. Or all the times characters will GET OUT of their mech, talk and neither side just kills them for it.

Why don't battleships, or at least pegasus class have i-fields, I can understand the outdated ships not having room for them, but pegasus were built during i-field RnD time. Why didn't reccoa kill herself/detonate her mech (and run) the first time she met Scirocco (she could have sunk the jupitoris right there)? Why did the dublin drop cause so little damage?

How the fuck does the Feddy government work? Who votes? What are the voting districts? Just how did the Feddies become so corrupt since UC 0000.

Earth was unified by war, overpopulation, pollution etc. I'd love to know just how the UN eventually became able to adequately enforce their policy.

It turned around the first time the qubely showed up. Sometime around moon moon, from there it was as expected, enjoyable but flawed. If anything I'd love a remake of the first 15 episodes, tone down the comedy but play the whole 'kids try to steal gundam and sometimes succeed' straight. None of that whimsical music that plays whilst mashymre and yazan blunder around. I think the idea of showing us a shit run down colony and desperate kids is good, argama is understaffed because of all the dead crew or dealing with the kids is a pain. It would really shorten the comedy section to 5-7 episodes, still have zeon trying to play nice whilst chasing argama.

G Gundam was actually a tribute to wuxia and directed by one of the greatest directors alive, you dumb bitch

Zeta is shit

Gundam is slow

>watch zeta
>everybody was kung fu fighting starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=_StZDxiUIWE

You misspelled Wing Gundam there.

Is she the sexiest?

amuro is a serial player. he has a different girlfriend in every show.

Are you going to make this thread every time you watch another episode?

The 08th ms team

I hadn't watched any of the older Gundams until a while back, when I marathoned 0079 and Zeta, and I thought 0079 was the better show overall. Zeta has really inconsistent characters and the pacing can be really off at times. It did have some great moments, though, and the mech designs are still fantastic.

I still need to start that back up again and watch ZZ Gundam up to Turn A.

serious answer: Thunderbolt

I've only watched 079 and Zeta, I fucking loved Zeta so want to know what other good Gundam amines there are. The more grounded the better imo

Turn A Gundam and G-Reco are the only good ones honestly. Tomino has become much wiser with age.

better than Iron Menstruation

I meant to post this in another thread but I guess it makes sense here too.

This is incorrect, Turn A was a low point in the gundam franchise, even Japan agrees.

Gundam 00 is literally the best Gundam to ever come out.

>implying Sayla and Lalah aren't vastly superior to theose sluts from Eva

Me too man. I liked Zeta more than 0079, though, mainly because the animation was better and designs were dank. I stopped watching at ZZ because it was so different.

Beltorchika and Chan are vastly superior, though.

I love the tone and atmosphere of new Tomino shows even if G-Reco wasn't amazing.

Ah, yes. Japan are known for their good taste, after all.