What's the biggest anime-industry related shitstorm of our time?

What's the biggest anime-industry related shitstorm of our time?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/EvntSeCV
exhentai.org/s/bc8efa6621/801204-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Keit-Ai

what's this?

Kemono Friends. You may not like it, but it's the truth.

Just a prank.

Aya Hirano.

>still breaking records
The thing I fear most of all are the soulless clones Kemono Friends will have prompted others to spawn who have a superfluous or poor grasp to the things that made the show so appealing to the masses.

Problem, nerd?

Basist-kun's adventures with bitches and whores.

Aya a shit anyway.
Just do the same thing one does with other rip-offs from popular works: Ignore it.

Aya hirano, IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO and and the kuma miko anime ending.

I wouldn't really call Kemono friends a shitstorm wasn't really received negatively or anything

anime is made by japnanese for japanese, why do you fucking care so much about it

>kuma miko anime ending
The threads after that were so thick with despair.

What's the thing with Aya Hirano? I know she voiced haruhi and lucy but what she did?

I'm more worried about a second season being announced. While I would love to see the rest of the world of Kemono Friends outside of Japari Park, I've been around long enough to know hiatuses cause cancer.

Wtf is this. Explain pls

She had sex. Just like every other fucking seiyuu in the industry. Some faggot otakus blew it out of proportion and caused a shit storm about it

iirc it was about some no-name VA trying to aim big and some popular VAs set up a horrible prank about a fake interview of him getting a role in a popular anime only to humiliate him on camera and mindbreaking him.

But why?

People actually expect voice actresses to be pure now?
What?

That wasn't even the scandal the scandal is when she appeared on Japanese womens talk show

Come on user

DUDE COCAINE

Can someone explain this to me?

That's mean.
If I were him, I'd start lifting pronto and then beat them up.

Then again that's super savage.

What can he do to get revenge? Git Gud?

Berserk.

People probably don't know this, but you know that part in Sakura Quest where Maki didn't get the big break she needed all because she didn't eat a fried bug? That happens a lot in Japan. Ijime Connect was just much, much worse.

Drugs are bad

She had sex with her entire band except one guy in it. That's a fucking slut.

That Korean chicken soup clusterfuck on Sakurasou.

Man, nips are like allergic to Koreans or something. They're worse than Sup Forums reacting to blacks/jews.

According to 2ch the second season was canceled because of this,

O-oh

That was way after the first season.

The only good thing to come out of that is Sugita being a total bro and defending the guy on his talk show. He also refused to shake hands with one of the guys involved in the prank.
>revenge
I think all the mad otaku at 2ch cancelling their pre-orders causing the sales to heavily suffer was enough.

Jeez, that's rough. Is the American voice acting scene that bad? Even close?

kememe friendship is magic and their troll army
that shit ruined anime industry forever, just because these animal fkers couldn't keep their dick in their pants

that's fucking hideous.

I don't care about Kokoro Connect, but I hate that I can't watch Ika Musume without thinking about her bitchy seiyuu.

What was the ending I never saw the show?

If the get triggered over fucking food I can't imagine how they would react if some madman jap made a korean character get a japanese girlfriend.

>"I didn't think seeing the moment a person crumbles would be so beautiful (lol)"

Basically the Miko's autism flares up and she thinks she is being stoned. She then runs back to her village where her bear friend tells her she doesn't have to think anymore. Even the author of the manga said that line was too cruel.

Didn't people send them dick pics because of it?

Not a Kimono watcher. What made people love it so much? It's just animals as girls, which anime has enough of.

pastebin.com/EvntSeCV
>All of the above events were mostly unknown until recently when people found a tweet by Kikuchi Hajime (from Eufonius) making fun of Momoi Haruko. Momoi tweeted about being happy that people were karaoke'ing her songs. This encouraged some people check his profile and other tweets, and they noticed a tweet from him about how easy it was to manipulate a certain "someone," because he thinks he can get by in the voice acting (VA) industry with hard work. That certain "someone" being Mitsuhiro Ichiki.
>bullying someone because they work hard
Japan is populated entirely with catty bitches.

There is no American voice acting scene. Only a "we're not talented enough to be actors" scene.

Who wants some commentary?

(first live thread)
(thread that continues documentation of the "backlash")

One particular post in the KMMK threads:

>HOLD UP

>Mayoiga is a comedy
>and Kuma Miko is a psychological horror?

>What a weird spring-16 season this turned out to be.

Go get some snacks, both threads are a long read.

No, that's eri kitamura twitter.
Sup Forums thought she's an accomplice even though she isn't.

Ash losing the Kalos League.

Before you ask, I know it was a fruitless effort. But the fact that all the development and shit Ash had for the region just being dropped to zero dissapointed me.

Seriously, they couldn't just give him a win and then focus Sun/Moon on someone new who also has a Pikachu?

Wait, fall back a bit, what did they make fun haruko momoi of, I like her.

Oh, I remember this one. People know that Ash always loses the fuck out of every Pokemon League, but the disappointment just exploded with Kalos. I don't watch Pokemon nowadays, but it is still fun to read back on the fallout.

Just read all that shit.
Sugita is absolutely bro tier.
I like him more now that I know about that scandal.

what are you talking about?

The only comparison is the American acting scene and that's a rabbit hole that makes this incident seem like child play.

Konosuba season 2 episode 1 was a shitstorm.

Kemono Friends was actually good.

>tfw you were here for GAIJIN GLORY
>tfw you were able to witness first hand as Sup Forums sent dick pics to the wrong person

It will never okay

Feels good knowing that Ichiki got to work with Sugita on BlazBlue shortly after the Kokoro Connect shitshow.

A lot of nips were unironically mad about the sakurasou doujin if I remember that had the PSY looking motherfucker in there

People went in with zero expectation after seeing the first episode have low quality, but further episode shown the anime have good directing.
It's like gambling small money just for fun to a low chance horse and then actually winning it.

Yeah dunno really why anyone would mention Kemono Friends in this context. It hasn't really caused a "shitstorm" anywhere. A few anons who don't like it posting "kememe Friends" doesn't make a shitstorm and it isn't controversial to like it in Japan at all. The love for it dwarfs any hate.

Do you have any stories?

>this was 5 years ago
Holy fuck man. I was wondering how so many newfags could be asking what this is.

To be fair, we thought he actually had a chance. He had a full team of fully-evolved Pokemon, a fucking magic Greninja, and he got to the finals.

exhentai.org/s/bc8efa6621/801204-8

People in this thread seem to be confusing "shitstorm on Sup Forums" with something that caused controversy in the actual industry. Nobody gives a shit about fucking Kuma Miko or Pokemon.

Literally what

Kuma Miko and Pokemon were huge shitstorms even if you just purely consider nip communities

> Nobody gives a shit about fucking (...) Pokemon.
Are you sure about that?

Not true.
There weren't even that many buttblasted nips on 2ch
About him losing the Kalos League? Yes, I'm sure about that.

I just came back from reading an article on niconews about how korean hate has spiked because of 2ch

There were 3,000 and something comments and continuing to grow alongside articles with 3 comments at most. It was ridiculous how most of the commenters had the imperial japanese flag and would openly call for deporting all koreans, beating the shit out of them, killing them.

The japanese make Sup Forums look like cultural marxists.

Not really a shitstorm, but how about F/GO appearing in Sony fiscal report, thats quite an achievement even though it will drives the industry to the wrong way.

BBC reporter
I bet that bitch will bring up the recent incident

does the ending of NGE count? There were widespread protests on Gainax after it happened

Naruhina winning.

Pretty sure it doesn't count as "our time" for 99% of Sup Forums

The nips invented the whole online anime alt right things in the late 90s and it has been a perisistent sizeable group on 2ch for ages. Netouyo makes Sup Forums look like babies.

user pls, I bet some of the people here isn't even born at that time.

If that was me I would seriously considering murdering those who were involved.

You do know there's a shitload of communities outside of 2ch right. I guess the fallout was so small the scriptwriter just deleted his twitter for nothing and the Author came out and said it was a fucked up ending for fun.

Why would anyone argue the pokemon shit since nip twitter blew up with it.

It seems like you literally don't even know what you are talking about. It just seems like you want to be argumentative seemly for the sake for being argumentative

What about Makoto Shinkai having an affair being published in the press like a few days ago. He said it was lies on twitter but who wouldn't.

Emi Nitta JAV shitstorm.

Sup Forums manages to look like babies without anyone's help.

Just to add on to this you can google Kuma Miko ending in nip and get a bunch of articles about the whole incident. I guess there's a bunch of articles because only Sup Forums talked about it right?

BLACK NIPPLES

It was just a week or so, and most people didn't even believe it because the report wasn't from a trust-worthy source.

So some leaked sexual activities, a dick move, and an overblown anime original last episode?

Kemono Friends may be the biggest anime of all time over there. Last time there was something close to this was GochiUsa.

I was a month old when NGE first aired in japland

Unlike Sup Forums, nips are actually racist as fuck in real life besides the internet.

Keep Agiri away from the bitch VA. Agiri-chwan does not deserve the negative exposure.

They only hate korean and chink males like they killed their dogs or something, they are okay with the females.

dude, literal devil-worshippers run hollywood

Go back to the Berserk thread, Larry.

No, in America managers will hunt you down if you have a voice they are looking for. Then after that all you have to do is get into the Guild.

Man, it's crazy how it didn't even end with that shitty prank. Poor Ichiki can't catch a break.

>Terashima: Publicity Chief Ichiki's prank was really exciting (lol)
>Kanemoto: I wanted to see it (lol)
>Terashima: That was probably a really historic moment.
>Kanemoto: I kept thinking about the event, wondering what Terashima, Takahiro, Kame-chan, were doing. Ichiki... Ichiki... he isn't in the anime (lol)
>Terashima: *laughs hard*
>Kanemoto: Oh so I heard he's the Publicity Chief
>Terashima: It was a prank shown live on niconico and ustream, but I also did the narration for the prank video clip. Ichiki didn't go to rehearsal and just came right in on the real thing.
>Kanemoto: Eeeh (lol)
>Terashima: (explains prank in detail)
>Kanemoto: Poor thing (lol)
>Terashima: It was a big impact, I didn't think seeing the moment a person crumbles would be so beautiful (lol) We used many people to pull it off, it's amazing right? (lol)
>Kanemoto: will Ichiki's character actually appear?
>Terashima: *laughs* How the hell would I know?!

pastebin.com/EvntSeCV

GhociUsa isn't even that big in size of fandom. Sure more successful than your average show though. The only reason the nico video for its episode 1 has so many views is because it became the main hub for the fanbase through the comments and people rewatch the episode over and over again with an intricate bunch of injokes and memes as the comments.

Ah yeah. I checked both Sup Forums and /jp/ for that shit recently. Only thread about it on Sup Forums was big, but it's archived now. There was a new one that got deleted.

A lot of big shot mangaka on Twitter are getting pretty into it. It's been interesting. And I read that guy's doujin and they depraved, but they are fiction.