Rodrigo Duterte

Do westerners like Rodrigo Duterte? I know that a lot of foreigners (Americans in particular) love him and his policies, especially his war on drugs. Over here he's a very polarizing figure, much like Trump is in the US (strangely enough many Filipinos love Trump and his policies).

Other urls found in this thread:

pewglobal.org/2017/09/21/people-in-the-philippines-still-favor-u-s-over-china-but-gap-is-narrowing/
youtu.be/tL6WsIySE3Y
pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/pg_2017-06-26-us_image-02-0/
cnnphilippines.com/
dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?offset=0&size=50&sel=site&searchPhrase=duterte&sort=recent&channel=news&type=article&type=video&days=all
dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?offset=0&size=50&sel=site&searchPhrase=philippines&sort=recent&channel=news&type=article&type=video&days=all
cnnphilippines.com/news/2018/01/12/Duterte-corrupt-officials.html
cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/11/20/Dangerous-Drugs-Board-Dionisio-Santiago-corruption-narcopolitician.html
cnnphilippines.com/business/2016/08/10/philweb-stops-operations.html
cnnphilippines.com/regional/2017/09/04/Puerto-Princesa-vice-mayor-Marcaida-arrested-drugs.html
cnnphilippines.com/news/2018/01/20/MIASCOR-appeal.html
cnnphilippines.com/regional/2017/09/02/Western-Visayas-top-drug-lord-son-killed-in-police-operation.html
cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/10/06/Sarangani-mayor-surrenders-to-Pacquiao-drug-raid.html
cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/07/30/Ozamiz-Mayor-killed-in-police-raid.html
cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/12/07/Ozamiz-drug-ops-seize-80-million-worth-shabu-firearms-explosives-Parojinog-supporters.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mostly, yes. I feel like liberals may tend to dislike him if they even know who he is

>he's a very polarizing figure

Apparently, 12% is in the anti-Duterte pole, and 86% is in the pro-Duterte pole, according to a survey taken by Pew Research Center.

pewglobal.org/2017/09/21/people-in-the-philippines-still-favor-u-s-over-china-but-gap-is-narrowing/

Love him. First visit to the philippines was Davao city. This guy made that city safer for foreigners by killing the useless low IQ criminals.

Based

Last night I was watching boxing and the fip had swastika tattoos on his back. Are filipinos, dare I say it, /ourguys/?
I found this too
>youtu.be/tL6WsIySE3Y

>strangely enough many Filipinos love Trump

Apparently, a Pew survey showed that US President Donald Trump's greatest support comes from the Philippines, at 69%.

pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/pg_2017-06-26-us_image-02-0/

Wasn't he on Jimmy Kimmel not too long ago?

I don't really understand all this support for him. Guy is an absolute madman. I mean, I'm glad that he's doing something about the drug problem here in the Philippines, but his plan of "tokhang" or door-to-door drug hunts have ended with many innocents killed. His bounty on drug pushers led to several faked pushers being executed by corrupt cops for the reward. Thankfully hid did away with that last year.

Honestly, if he only stuck to killing pushers efficiently, I would stand right behind the man, but he leaves the brains behind the cartel operations, the drug barons, alone since their position of power in society prevents them from being touched, while systematically killing off small fishes who only do small time peddling. Its making his anti-drug ops look more like vagrant cleansings than narcotics enforcement, and that honestly pisses me off.

>philippines
another moronic thread by a subhuman.

Several big-time drug lords and narcopoliticians have been snuff out. It’s just harder to target the top of the food chain since most of them are outside the country or control private armies.

Whole world loves him mate, just more proof people are ready for a self-proclaimed fascist leader.

Yes we do.

Duterte did nothing wrong.

What's the best source of news about Philippines in English?

When (((ISIS))) pops up in your country, your leader is very likely doing something to piss off (((NATO))). Duterte is one of the good guys from what I can tell.

Duterte is based

I do

Another strongman-style nitwit. The only good thing about him is that he's honest despite being a violent meathead, because if he was corrupt and a violent meathead he would have already staged a coup. His demagoguery is popular now, but then again, that's the point of demagoguery. After he's gone, someone will crunch the numbers and see that more innocent people were killed than would have been without his zero-tolerance nonsense, and the decreases in crime rate will vanish because he did diddly squat against the disease, only the symptoms. A decade after he leaves, he'll be just "that one president who killed a bunch of guys" and the country will still be the same shithole it was before and during his presidency, his presidential portrait hanging beside those of other more orthodox but equally incompetent leaders.

I like him very much but he's friendly with muslims, maybe is only realpolitik, I don't know shit about your country

cnnphilippines.com/

dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?offset=0&size=50&sel=site&searchPhrase=duterte&sort=recent&channel=news&type=article&type=video&days=all

dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?offset=0&size=50&sel=site&searchPhrase=philippines&sort=recent&channel=news&type=article&type=video&days=all

>I don't really understand all this support for him

I think Duterte is simply a reaction of the people to the corruption of the oligarchs. The Manila elites getting richer while the rest feel left behind. In other countries, nationalism is a reaction to globalism.

Sages have observed that everything in nature reaches an extreme and then reverses course, like the swing of a pendulum. It is the same with people.

Lao-Tzu said that when a thing reaches one extreme, it reverts from it. Both in the sphere of nature and in that of man, when the development of anything brings it to one extreme, a reversal to the other extreme takes place. Everything involves its own negation.

This idea came from examining nature.

"When the sun has reached its meridian, it declines, and when the moon has become full, it wanes."
"When the cold goes, the warmth comes, and when the warmth comes, the cold goes."
"Reversal is the movement of the Tao."

Based Duterte. I heard he personally stabbed a drug dealer to death.

>like the swing of a pendulum
digits of truth and hope, thank you user

You could at least have picked a jackboot-licker who actually isn't a pants-shitting braggart according to officers, a shameless proselytizer according to his superiors and too cowardly to be even a petty pseudo-terrorist according to his own wife. With his track record, he would make Trump look like a philosopher-king.

>The Manila elites getting richer while the rest feel left behind.
That's very much true, but the issue is, of all the summary executions his cops are doing, how many of them were of rich people?

No, he's a meme. le based Asian man replaced junkies with assassins for hire.

You elected somebody on the basis they would break the law so it's what you deserve.

He needs to kill more flips.

As long as Trump doesn't emulate his policies on drugs, I'm fine with him.

I think Philippines is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills drug dealer terrorists and doesn't afraid of anything.

so how do you propose to get rid of drug dealers? these people destroy society, every other crime flourishes around them, corruption, torture, murder, child rape

priority list:
1) killing drug dealers
2) human rights innocent people blabla

The thing is, Duterte has proven himself to be as corrupt as the oligarchs to which he is supposedly a counter to. He's not some Robin Hood figure. He was bedfellows with the previous regime that controlled the Philippines for over 20 years. He's been accused of cronyism, corruption, and murder.

Also checked.

Not sure how many rich people were picked off during his campaign. Most of them either fled the country or turned themselves over to him for judgement. There was this one drug baron on my island named Jaguar who was killed a while back but other than that, his list of victims have been mostly small time peddlers, addicts, and civilians mistaken for either.

The problem isn't that he kills dealers, but how he kills dealers. He doesn't attack the root of the problem, the drug barons, but instead chooses to hunt down street level dealers and thugs instead. His police force is corrupt and has been known to plant evidence in order to continue to justify their illegal operations and receive rewards from the bounty system he set up, and his comments have inspired a wave of vigilantes who only make the situation worse by accusing and lynching anyone remotely suspected of drug possession. His methods are sloppy and get more innocents killed than is necessary.

Well by rich people I implied corrupt businessmen and bureaucrats and such, the kind that don't deal with street crime but still shit society up all the same. A president who shot those bastards would catch my interest.

>his list of victims have been mostly small time peddlers, addicts, and civilians mistaken for either.
Yeah that always happens with those zero-tolerance crackdowns. After he's gone, they'll tally up the victims and see that it includes far more labor leaders and homeless children and such than actual narcos. It happens with some regularity in Latin America too. And if its cases are anything to go by, Duterte will never pay for his excesses.

I was wondering where all Flip posters went, why is it after Duterte you guys kinda vanished from Sup Forums

>calls obama a son of a bitch
>personally removes cartel
>goes full DEVS VULT on abu sayyaf

what is not to like? it seems that most asian leaders ignore the SJW segments of their population. wish western leaders would do the same

cnnphilippines.com/news/2018/01/12/Duterte-corrupt-officials.html
>President Rodrigo Duterte will fire more top officials and police generals in the next few days as part of a corruption "purge."
>"I am firing another chairman of an entity in government maybe this week and another set of mga policemen... I am in the thick of firing people. I intend to fire another maybe 70 policemen and three generals for corruption," he said during a speech at a Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) event in Manila.

cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/11/20/Dangerous-Drugs-Board-Dionisio-Santiago-corruption-narcopolitician.html
>President Rodrigo Duterte asked the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) chief to resign due to alleged corruption
>have received a house from a narcopolitician
>Santiago received favors from alleged narcopolitician Ozamiz City Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog Sr. and his family during his stint as director of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency
>was using taxpayers' money for junkets abroad
>One of the complaints that reached the President was a trip to Austria, where in addition to bringing family members, General Santiago brought six of his closest personnel, including a girl Friday

cnnphilippines.com/business/2016/08/10/philweb-stops-operations.html
>Duterte had singled out Ongpin as one of the country's "monster" oligarchs he wished to "destroy." He accused Ongpin, a former Trade minister, of currying favor with previous presidents and using their influence to boost his businesses.

cnnphilippines.com/regional/2017/09/04/Puerto-Princesa-vice-mayor-Marcaida-arrested-drugs.html
>Puerto Princesa City Vice Mayor Luis Marcaida III was arrested following a drug raid at his house
>Also seized were one .22-caliber rifle, three rifle grenades, one fragmentation grenade, and four .45-caliber pistols

cnnphilippines.com/news/2018/01/20/MIASCOR-appeal.html
>The airport service provider involved in a case of luggage theft will plead to President Rodrigo Duterte to reconsider the termination of its contract.
>Six of MIASCOR's airport personnel face charges of theft for stealing an overseas Filipino worker's luggage at the Clark International Airport on December 23.
>Jovenil Dela Cruz, the victim, posted a video online showing the luggage had zippers forcibly opened and a balikbayan box emptied out.
>The airport service provider has apologized to Dela Cruz, saying the personnel involved have been placed under preventive suspension.

cnnphilippines.com/regional/2017/09/02/Western-Visayas-top-drug-lord-son-killed-in-police-operation.html
>A top drug lord in Western Visayas was killed in a police operation Friday night.
>Police said Richard "Buang" Prevendido, along with his son Jason, died after engaging in a firefight with policemen in their home at Land Heights Subdivision in Brgy. Balabago, Jaro, Iloilo City
>Prevendido, identified by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency as head of the Prevendido Drug Group, has been eluding arrest since January this year and has a P1.1-million bounty on his head.

I like him but as a Catholic I wish he would relax his attacks about the Catholic Church. I know the church is corrupt, ever since Hitler lost the war, the protection he offered the Pope from Jews and Freemasons was lost.

If I had to live under some fascist dickhead, it would be that guy. Based as fuck.

wow /fa/ af

cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/10/06/Sarangani-mayor-surrenders-to-Pacquiao-drug-raid.html
>A Sarangani town mayor surrendered to Senator Manny Pacquiao on Friday, hours after authorities raided his home and seized P5 million worth of shabu.
>Aside from drugs, various drug paraphernalia, high-powered firearms, explosives, and a "green book" containing supposed drug transactions were recovered from the rest house of Maasim Mayor Anecito "Jojo" Lopez, Jr in Lumasal village, Maasim at dawn on Friday.

cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/07/30/Ozamiz-Mayor-killed-in-police-raid.html
>Fifteen people including Ozamiz City Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog Sr. were killed in an exchange of gunfire between the mayor's security team and police serving search warrants in the clan's properties
>"While the group started as an anti-communist group under the supervision of the military in that area, overtime they were reportedly transformed into a criminal group engaged in KFR (kidnap for ransom), robberies, extortion and other illegal activities"

cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/12/07/Ozamiz-drug-ops-seize-80-million-worth-shabu-firearms-explosives-Parojinog-supporters.html
>Police on Thursday said they seized P80 million worth of shabu from alleged supporters of the Parojinog clan, a day after they recovered a P32 million worth haul of the illegal drug.
>The Ozamiz City police, aided by search warrants, raided seven houses of the Parojinogs in overnight operations