Why do we keep falling for the university scam?

why do we keep falling for the university scam?
how do you even get a good job in this day and age?

Other urls found in this thread:

study.com/articles/How_Much_More_Do_College_Graduates_Earn_Than_Non-College_Graduates.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Google "Highest employment rate degree"
Go down the list until you can find one you should be able to complete.
Compare investment in tuition versus average starting salary in your area.
Consider medium to long term chance of your degree becoming obsolete.
Done.

That’s why you either:

1) Go to college to become a doctor (because they will ALWAYS be in demand)
2) Go to college to become a lawyer (because some fucknut will ALWAYS want to sue some other fucknut)
3) Go learn a legitimate trade through a legitimate apprenticeship.

If you’re studying art history or communications, you’re basically less relevant than a retail worker.

What about computer science studying ?

College isn’t job training. It’s a means to demonstrating and becoming an educated person capable of abstract and complex thought.

Here’s what I recommend for all young American men:
After graduating college, join the Army for three years. You get your choice of whatever MOS you want, you fully fund your GI Bill, and you get a little more experience, so you can choose a major you’re interested in. If you go to college in NYC on 100% GI Bill, you will have your tuition paid for, your textbooks paid for, and you’ll get $4,500/month tax free to cover your living expenses.

Never pick your major based on the jobs it feeds into now. That’s the mentality that produced today’s unemployed coal miners. Chances are you’ll pick a vocation that is peaking, and you’ll face a job market that gets continually worse for the rest of your life.

>Go to college to become a lawyer (because some fucknut will ALWAYS want to sue some other fucknut)

Definitely don’t go to law school. The law industry has utterly collapsed in the US. It is down 38% since 2010, and law schools are closing left and right.

Plus, suing people isn’t even where the real money is in law. The money is in corporate law, especially for M&A and Real Estate deals. All the junior lawyers they used to need for going over contracts are being replaced by software. Today’s lawyers are just scapegoats for legal liability.

If you've already graduated college, why not go for the PhD? They usually pay for it by having you research and teach.

> graduate high school at 18
> sign 3 year Airborne Ranger contract with Army
> go to college at age 21
> be able to legally buy alcohol, while surrounded by 18 year old women
> Don't need to get loans, because army pays tuition
> don't need to worry about spending, because Army pays you stipend
> don't need to worry about grades, because you can do whatever you want after college because you'll have no debt
> dick will be slippery for 4 straight years

Eat1000diks

Nice tag.

Here is a suggestion to fix Universities: Pass a law saying you don't pay for your college education until you get a job in your degree's field.
Universities stop giving out bullshit degrees. Universities screen students for willingness to join the workforce after they get a degree.

Not only did I not even notice that before, but your digits... Fuck.

Or they create faux shadow organizations that "employ" all these humanities.
Literally Jewish Tricks 101, come on anone

I'd support this, but the unis should get the power to freely expel for under performance.

How about a time requirement, like 5 years at a certain salary?

On Contract? Write in a clause of "no sueing pls" and break after few months
Actual time? Graduates would work only 4 years.
If they can't do it like that than Universities would get turned into "College Unions".
Come on anone, you are up against people who have for the last 4 thousand years mastered the art of Legal loopholes until in 19-20th century they were put in charge of Legal System themselves.

Check employee's taxes. There are many ways to subvert any law, but the Governments don't mess around with losing tax money.

Because

>Its free all way to doctors
>Employment rate is 96%
And more importantly Im not uneducated or illiterate trash

make friends with people who have parent's that own companies you fucking dumb cunt. that is all you need to do. you don't even have to like them. just use them to get a leg up

>university is a scam
>not exercising due diligence concerning job prospects before forking over money for a degree.

t. 2nd year med school student.

Ban such clauses? I know they'll try every trick in the book and then some, but I do think it can be done.

How to get a good job
1) be Jewish
2) don’t not be jewish

My older brother did Caribbean med school. Gotta say, his emergency medicine gig is pretty sweet according to his stories. I was going to follow in his footsteps after my biology degree.

Desu I've just accepted an offer to be paid $30k by a start up run by my co-advisors to travel (which will be paid for by the start up) and do my research while still getting a regular research assistantship in addition to that. Also includes travel.
>t. Mechanical Engineering PhD student at a top 5 school in the US

Hi there, Schlomo. Is Israel nice this time of year?

Autism. I don't know shit about the world around me basically

So the gist is, don't go to college unless it's for STEM.

nah we the Hezbollah rockets are out and we will have to use white phosphorus soon

People *are* starting to recognize that "a college degree" is just the bankers' next swindle after 2008 meant they could no longer trick young people into trading their lives away to pay off "a house."

Unless you want to be an engineer or scientist employers care way more about experience than a degree in basket weaving or English poetry

Don't go to college unless the program at the uni has an excellent history of employment, would be a better gist.

>PhD student making 30k
And it only cost 200k!

Only go to college if you have rich Jew parents that are willing to pay for the entire thing.

The dirty secret of computer science and othe IT work is it closer to a trade than it is to other bullshit office work.

Skilled trades are where it’s at. I’d like to see a machine replace an HVAC tech, a plumber, or an electrician any time in the next 40 years...

>2) Go to college to become a lawyer (because some fucknut will ALWAYS want to sue some other fucknut)
No, don't go to law school. Most are scams, half your graduating won't pass the bar but will still be in debt. The other half can't find decent paying jobs because there are so many lawyers out there.

I don't know. I've been at walmart for 13+ years. Don't fall for climbing the ladder meme, especially if you have a store with 300+ employees.

If it's a useful PhD, there's a ton of competition and in the end you don't make much as a grad student. Unless you need a terminal degree for the job you want, don't spend the extra time getting the PhD.

Leave Juden!

My accounting degrees, licensure, and the education required to get them are directly responsible for my getting what I consider to be a great job: $68k/annum in my second year at the treasury for a public university. Lots of security and lots of opportunity to advance. The top of the food chain makes about 500k with many stops along the org chart on the way up. Plus my state’s pension is very solid and performs well relative to the rest of the country.

Stay in school kids, and don’t study humanities/liberal arts unless you’re already rich or you having a true passion.

Go to community college. Take lots of different courses. Find something you like but also has a reasonable salary upon graduation. When you find something use one of the partner schools to finish your education. Take the 60k saved from community college and buy future rental property and live in it until then.

>Here’s what I recommend for all young American men:
die for israel

I sure as shit will never have $10k a year upfront for Community College

That's why I'm looking at med school.

Community/City-College is a scam. Most have a graduation/transfer-rate of less than 20%, and less than 40% of those find work in their field of choice. Than means single-digit success-rates for what is promised at the beginning. Also, being 30k in debt vs 90k in debt doesn't mean you have 60k sitting around to invest in real-estate.

Community college is basically 13th grade, or remedial high school. An employer who sees community college on a resume will simply throw it in the trash.

fucking christ. do not find a job. create a job. become a fucking capitalist and do not enslave yourself to anyone.
>reee just make a job reee stupid newfag boomer reee
make an ebay store and resell shit. start investing in stock or crypto with whatever pocket change you currently have. start making bag lunches and selling them at local businesses and factories, fill out online fucking surveys, just start creating a job doing something you like. think about it. plan it out. write it down. make that priority. its really not as hard as people think

Are you saying less renowned universities are not worth going to, even if you do a STEM degree?

I don't have a hs diploma. I already know how that feels

case by case basis

University for STEM degree, start own company, make millions telling people something they could figure out on their own with enough time and the internet.

Ok what if you get a degree from say university that ranks ~ 300 and have good grades 75%+ WAM?

i hope underage kids here aren't listening to OP and other degenerates.

study.com/articles/How_Much_More_Do_College_Graduates_Earn_Than_Non-College_Graduates.html

it may just be a slip of paper, but even the most liberal artsy degree will still get your foot in the door at places that would simply toss your resume into the trash without a bachelor's of some kind. this is just fact.

Go to school goy, take out a loan goy.

Among people in that school's particular program, what percent have job offers upon graduation? What are those jobs paying on average? What do these numbers look like among the same graduates 10 years down the line?

t. goy

That was just a hypothetical. Thank you for responding.

You don't. They know you are stuck in the class you were born in and that is the way they want it... Born poor, die poor. Born rich , die soulless.

Not to mention that jobs that traditionally go to jr. lawyers such as combing through reams of case history for relevant precedence are starting to be done by AI now.

3 year airborne ranger? thought the min was 4?

ahhh so stalk people. excellent advice.

Don't go carib if you can avoid it. The price is outrageous compared to going domestic, and getting a residency can be hell. Your brother was very lucky to get an EM spot, even if he went to one of the big four carib programs (Ross, SGU, Saba, AUC)

If you do go to any of them, and again, I recommend you don't, pick Ross or SGU.

But before I did that I would exhaust my options stateside including applying to DO schools.

>my biology degree
Don't do it. It's worthless for white men. You will be denied internships and research positions.

t. Master's in bio

Thank you very much for your kind offer at the fucking green tea support grope group, I am currently rejecting so many offers, like for instance don’t get out of bed and go fuck your mom on a hill of beans, right here right now I have in front of me for considerate consideration, the liberated all right liberal social club b- tards and a stack of other offers for more considerate consideration. Although the offer has left me, not so much star struck as it does with a sense of baffled befuddlement at the magnanimous and at times overwhelming opportunities offered by pleotropic organizations there’re just so many great ones to choose from, you know also, that a friend was saying to me just yesterday that he was going to put off to tomorrow, he reminded me of those people that invested so heavily in living forever they want results that died yesterday and yea I just saw him yesterday where all basically saying the same thing! And now, all the organizations that I’ve been volunteering for are taking on new responsibilities so don’t think for a second that I’m trying to belittle such a great opportunity that it’s just over whelming the responsibilities that I’ve already painstakingly committed myself to already.

Sincerely and best esteems

Why lawyer? The supply of lawyers is ludicrous and competition is fierce. Most are just ambulance-chasers.

Find somebody living the life you want (someone in real life that you can meet face to face)
Find out what their path was and follow it like a template
If there's nobody at your work that is living a life you want, then there isn't a "ladder" to climb
Look for professions that have a medium-size barrier to entry, such as 10k state licensing + apprenticeship, or 20k software, or other official things that make it kind of hard to get in. That's your protection from competition
Government-loan funded and spoon-fed city-college courses that anybody can waltz into means tons of competition for positions that won't amount to 1/10th what the college promised
Similarly, advertised positions = tons of competition
If someone wants to "help" you into a career pathway and you didn't have to harass them about it, or worse yet they sought you out, they're trying to make money off of you

That’s because of niggers. After the second week they never even showed up again. Those rates have nothing to do with the school or the facility and everything to do with students who don’t give a fuck.
When you graduate from the 4 year school your resume says the 4 year school not the community college for 2 and Pitt for 2. It just says graduated from Pitt.

That't the plan. Medical school admissions isn't exactly a strict meritocracy, as you well know. Neither is the residency match process. Still, I'm confident that I can do well in a big 4 Caribbean if it comes to pass.

Hence the med school plans.

Will not happen. That's why i went into machine engineering.
Translators and even lawyers will get replaced by KI very soon.
But mechanics and tech related jobs can't be replaced that easy.
A service mechanic for industrial machines has a way more safer job than a lawyer today.
Even banksters will be replaced by KI.

Back when I was Active Duty, the Option 40 contract was only 3 years.

OSUT (Basic plus AIT)-> RASP1-> Airborne-> Regiment

It didn't guarantee Ranger School, though, and some guys who were unlucky with deployment timing would re-enlist for an extra year to get it. However, you can go to Ranger School within the three year contract.

The students who don't show up after the second week don't even have to be factored into those statistics; there are minimum thresholds for consideration that every c.college works their ass off to push further and further. Nobody at a c.college works harder than the PR staff. If you're one of those who went from HS to CC to UNI and was finally hired in your field of choice at a rate anywhere near what you imagined, you are the exception of exceptions. That is the sad reality of higher-education in the USA; it is debt sales, thru and thru

>join the ARMY

Motherfucker, if you're going to suggest someone join the military, don't suggest the literal bottom-of-the-barrel branch.

>Never pick your major based on the jobs it feeds into now. That’s the mentality that produced today’s unemployed coal miners. Chances are you’ll pick a vocation that is peaking, and you’ll face a job market that gets continually worse for the rest of your life.
That's exactly what happened to me. After I lost one job I graduated aero engineering, been doing nothing but odd jobs and black market work since then.

>Hence the med school plans
Even then dude, they have quotas of white men they are allowed to take. Have plans for gap years.

Hence the inclusion of Caribbean med schools.

The Army is the only one worth doing for a 3 year stint. Maybe the Marines, but you won't get any SOF opportunities.

AF is not worth being enlisted in imo. Pilots are all Officers.

Navy lets you travel the world a little more, but the only worthwhile MOS is Special Warfare, and if you sign one of those contracts (5 year minimum) and wash out, your stuck being surface warfare or something stupid.

Marines have esprit de corps, but the difference between Marine Infantry and Army Infantry (and all combat arms really) is minimal.

Army gives you SOF opportunities, and if you wash out, you can still be a grunt.

You need to be smart to do anything worthwhile in the military. A friend of mine who went into the Navy to get out of his small town job at K-Mart ended up right back at K-Mart after his contract was up.

Why don't more of you guys study in Germany?
High level of education and you don't have to take any loans.
Our universities have a good reputation.
When i studied machine engineering, i was at the Fraunhofer Institulte. Way before i graduated, i got a several job offers from US based companies with high salaries offered.
University is free, and if you get a visa for studies, you juist pay a fee of 500 Euros per year or even less, Depending on University and State.
The rest is living cost. But that factor you also have to count in the US. No one lives for free.
So if you are planning to study in the tech area like i did, you will go out debt free and have a first class reputation worldwide.
I know some americans who studed in Germany and all got well paid jobs in the US.

I'm sorry to hear that, man.

Engineers are generally pretty quantitative people, and there's a pretty large demand for that right now in finance. Have you considered taking the CFA or something along those lines? It's pretty cheap and might open the doors to some additional opportunities. Finance is full of physicists and engineers who found themselves in the same situation you're in right now.

But how is that possible, some engineers find good jobs and even get job offers, while others do get a shit and try to change into another branch?
I would guess that the other anons aero engineer should be a good and requested degree. The US has a relatively huge aero tech industry.

It's not what you know, it's who you know. Few exceptions exist, such as med school.

University will only prove useless for yourself is you study fucking art. Certain STEM degrees and medicine could do you good. If university is not an option, become an electrician or a plumber or something; learn a useful trade

It was free famalam, RAs include tuition. Making 60k per year while still a student. Starting salary will be 200+

Yea, indeed, it's sad that it has to be like this.
I did not have a single good contact who could help me gett into the industry, thankfully they had a huge demand on machine engineers and i got a job immediately.
Allthough i had to move from Berlin to south west Germany, where all the tech companies are located.

>join the Army for three years.
>go fight for israel goy

Dude you're a bit behind on the times. Maybe a few decades ago. But law/medicine are actually bad fields to get into right now from what I've heard. Both are oversaturated, ironically because of people like you who constantly praise those two professions. In law, you're not really going to get anywhere meaningful unless you graduate at the top of your class. That's not to mention the years of fucking monastic study you have to go through for law school. Better off choosing option three

Law, yes. Medicine you're still basically guaranteed a job and lucrative employment. This may change in the next 20 years or so with all the new medical schools popping up, but for now if you can get in it's still a good time to do it.

>1 post by this ID

top kek

Medicine is still good for jobs at the MD/DO level. The AMA/AOA have a monopoly on how many get through. They thus keep cost high by keeping supply low. On the other hand, pharmacy and law schools didn't monopolize how many graduated, and we see the average pay adjust accordingly.

The key to med school is placements. Placements are everything. If you go to a medschool with 2k students and there are only 3 hospitals in the area guess what, some people will get left out.

You're by no means forced into a residency in your local community. I'm not sure about Canada though.

You don't need a degree to get in this industry, you only need to create some projects, a degree is a waste of time and you learn nothing practical only theory.
t. juden with open uni degree

Trades guys who are not on drugs make 80-100k a year and retire at age 50. Right now if you are an HVAC guy or Plumber you are making more than doctors or lawyers. The failure route for doctors is to be a nurse, and that job sucks and pays poorly. Paralegals make barely more than minimum wage. I'm just saying always have a plan B. Pre-med without medical school is one of the least useful degrees to have... Same for pre-law

Nepotism is HUGE in med school admissions. You have no idea how much schmoozing with the trustees happens to get kids into medical schools.

The reason for this, and the reason that medical degrees are still somewhat lucrative, is because the number of physicians is limited by school admissions. In any given year, only about 40% of students trying to get into med school succeed.

And it's not because they aren't qualified. Pic very much related. These days you practically have to be a homeless, transgender, black teen who is a first generation college student to get accepted to med school.

Step 1. Get up.
Step 2. Go look.
Step 3. *&^%
Step 4. Profit.

You join a trade. Easy as fuck to enter and there is money to be made. Learn what you do well and pick up side jobs. I made $300 for installing 2 ceiling fans over the weekend.

There's Caribbean med schools for a reason. The American med school admissions crapshoot isn't for every smart user.

Open a crypto mining business.

Work as a team rather than solo mining. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The med school bottleneck also plays nicely into the hands of pro-immigration political factions.

They inundated the newspapers during the start of the Trump administration with papers saying that rural areas are going to be medically barren, because they are often served by foreign-born physicians. Of course, they make no mention of the fact that thousands of rural white applicants are rejected from med schools every year, even though they are more qualified than the minorities they are applying against, goes unmentioned. see->

It's better than the alternative of letting anyone open up a med school and pump out MDs. Look at the PharmD situation.

I honestly believe there are too many people on the earth and there is a glass ceiling for the number of "educated" people