What do you think about Amazon Go idea of a """futuristic""" cashierless camera riddled supermarket that directly...

What do you think about Amazon Go idea of a """futuristic""" cashierless camera riddled supermarket that directly charges your smartphone once you exit?
youtube.com/watch?v=vorkmWa7He8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1niAGxL3ttg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whats stopping Jamal, Shitavius and LeQwency Washington from getting their slavery reparations in there?

In these intitial stages there'll still be attendants and what not and I'm assuming security. If they really want to go peopleless in a few years then they would probably still keep security, and that paired with HD video would make it pretty easy to catch people if they arent paying.

I would guarantee you that even if they eat the loss of their stock to thieves they will still make more money overall by not paying any employees.

>Walk in without smartphone
>Have bag that blocks rfid signals
>Use slight of hand to steal in front of cams without getting detected
>Don't have any social media and no record so I don't show up in searches

I could take whatever I wanted from there and they really couldn't do anything.

They charge paying customers a diversity tax to make up for the losses. The white liberals who flock to these stores would be happy to pay it.

"Oh, that's so convenient"
"Great!"
"Oh, I have to implant a little chip in my wrist that is a 2 second almost painless procedure, yeah sure"
"Oh, who cares if it tracks my likes/dislikes/purchases/every fucking thing i do, it's convenient."

youtube.com/watch?v=1niAGxL3ttg

NO.

This. Assuming 5 cashiers at minimum wage in Seattle is $75 an hour, I seriously doubt they lose that much in groceries.

And you can go into a regular Walmart with a friend, have him distract whoever's watching the self checkout hub, and put whatever you want in your bag without paying.

If people are determined to steal, there's no real way of stopping them. Companies would rather just factor product losses from theft into their expenses and price everything accordingly to cover the cost if it's cheaper than setting up elaborate security.

This wouldn't be any different, and depending on how far they go with facial recognition you might get banned from every Amazon kiosk if you get caught stealing from one.

>thinking niggers will figure out any of it
They will have a guard obviously

There are attendants within the store actively monitoring you and they are also there for support incase you cannot get your AmazonGo app to open.
There is also a guy in the video for card checking because that still needs to be a thing.
The actual issues here is making it completely automated, making sure all items are actually accounted for during checkout and a proper return policy which doesn't seem feasible in any sort of automated store. Amazon is probably still going to need a customer service booth if they plan to go further with this.

Like they're gonna put a store in their neighborhood or even along a mass transit route...lol

And that guard will get stabbed.
Alot of shop lifters have realized that pulling a weapon blocks store employees and loss prevention officers from stopping them.
And by the time cops arrive the nigger is already gone.

I think it's incredibly smart and I actually came up with this idea years ago.

I'm surprised it isn't mainstream yet. You'd think every supermarket would do it by now. The technology is simple and saves everyone time and saves the company money.

>put RFID tags on all your stuff
>Have door system that lets you only out if everything is paid
>Nigger tries to steal
>doors lock, nigger is trapped inside, waiting for the security to arrive while alexa asks him what flavour of amazon™-sleep gas hed like this time.

>niggers get discount at amazongo
>cameras can't detect talcom x's niggerness from cameras
>no nigger discount at checkout
>RACISM!!

But amazon is subscription based so they can do alot more trust based services, and they have all your info so they could just have a drop box for return goods and an employee credits your account at the end of the night or something. You might be able to fuck amazon over a few times but if their systems find out you'll be banned from the store and unlike say being banned from walmart, amazon can actually enforce their ban because you need an account to enter the store

Bad idea, on multiple levels.

>>Walk in without smartphone
can't walk in without one.
>>Have bag that blocks rfid signals
weight sensors in shelves, cameras recognize what you pick up visually.
>>Use slight of hand to steal in front of cams without getting detected
How?
weight sensor swill detect that you removed a product, cameras will see the product.

>talcom x
>make talcum powder
>name it talcom X
>Market it with "Dont sweat it bro, just be white, bro"
>see niggers go on a rampage

And now being caught is ensured that you'll be going to jail.

But since when were niggers able to think about long-term consequences

I think they should have a QR code scanner for the return box. Think of it like rental DVDs except with products and you have to scan your phone at the box to confirm the return.
When superstores were at their peak they didn't need to have it or it creates a logistics and security issue + costly for the time.
Logistics in the sense that superstores stock massive amounts of high dollar products and having an automated store actively trying to check all that out is not impossible but rather very hard to keep account of it (plus some chains make sure you double confirm that the product was actually received which means you need some sort of human)
Security issue meaning that nothing would stop an individual walking away with a giant TV or other.
And cost because automation was typically unheard of in the superstore peak.
You had self checkouts but they were shitty and unreliable.

The point here is that it's too much security at the cost of privacy for a useless commodity that automates a huge amount of jobs.

Hey question because it's not worth its own thread. What's the latest with professor bike lock? Has he been sentenced yet?

Sure, I don't like the idea myself either, it's peoples choice if they want to use it or not though.
I'd rather buy products straight from the source.