What does Sup Forums think about programming as a profession?

What does Sup Forums think about programming as a profession?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's good if you're especially talented and industrious and you're able to work efficiently , reliably and conscientiously by yourself.

Otherwise it's a meme for plebs to dream about

Pic related is fighting every urge in his being to prevent that mouth from unhinging on some soyboy shit

I think its the masses of subhumans that don't have a single fucking clue how important GOOD programming is, it simply isn't something you can throw thousands of pajeets and chinks at to fix a problem, you need high IQ individuals to solve problems, exploits and to be able to optimize code. One tiny little fuck up can leave a open exploit for someone to target and that could effective shut down everything when they take over.

It's a soyboy profession ran into the ground by spineless millennial cucks

Real men work with their hands and their muscles, I work as a carpenter and I get a fulfilling life and lots of time outdoors.

Soyboy cucks get a higher pay but become cucks both in their profession and life in general.

So what do you want to be? A proper man who has strength and manly values, or a soyboy cuck who gets a higher pay but fails at life?

Slaves working for penauts. It destroy your physical and mental health

0/10

It's today's carpenter.
The last fallback job you get if you aren't good enough to do anything else.

the most importent profession in our time

Boring, would/could never do it myself, but if you are competent and not a beta pieceof shit with a stem superiority complex, more power to you

Not bad as long as you're not working for one of the tech giants.

The problems that are being solved are just being used to grab shekels from you in microtransactions from phone games...

It's mind-numbing to be a code monkey with no input into what you are developing. That's why game development is preferred by whites, and arabs and indians pound out code in a cubicle for Apple.

I work from home as a professional programmer. It's good if you can stay focused and work hard. I generally end up pulling 12 hour days but I'm probably only working 7 of them. Otherwise I'm working out with my home gym that's in my office, cooking food, cleaning, or getting some fresh air.
Truly living the dream boys. Plus I save tons of dosh on not having to travel for work and the temptation of eating out with coworkers. When we do meetup, company pays for everything haha.
Although the field is being saturated every year and the only logical move is to keep moving towards security since it will always stay relevant & difficult for normies. I'm already in the security sphere and am hoping I can keep the good times rolling and improving my skillset.

>What does Sup Forums think about programming as a profession?

Nu-Males taking over tech professions is the reason why open source software is better than close source software.

dude i'd rather be a programmer and do "real man work" in the gym

Hmm should I get a job that pays well over 100k a year with tons of benefits or completely destroy my body by working 60 hours a week doing manual labor for $15 bucks an hour?

You’re an idiot

What? Game dev is absolute garbage no one likes it, they work like 70 hours per week on crunch and the vast majority of programmers quit after a project is done.

Considering 0.5% of the population knows how to code, your a fucking idiot

>owning a webcam
absolute good goy

it's full of wanker lefties.

they spew their incessant 'tolerance' everywhere, whilst being completely intolerant in the process.

It's better than sucking dicks

yes, goy, sacrifice your physical health to build my house. very good goy.

Both of these statements are sadly true

Naw dude. In DFW devs are in demand. Im a shitty dev and I make 120k/yr

Im a developer and I dont own a single game system cause games are fucking gay

I don't know the first fucking thing about programming, but I'd love to actually be paid to sit at the Facebook machine all day.

I'd actually probably make a sincere effort to teach myself if I knew anything about this shit.

Not gonna lie sitting all day destroys your body just as quickly. Its just not your joints its your muscle tone and strength that is killed. Thankfully I have a house to work on on the weekends so I do get a small amount of decent exercise

>I'd actually probably make a sincere effort to teach myself if I knew anything about this shit.
go to Sup Forums and find the Sup Forums ftp library. download some books and start reading/fucking around.
you have everything at your fingertips. stop being a fucking idiot.

>I am a brainlet and can't do high IQ jobs

>destroy your mind by subjecting it to stress and filling it with unneccesary technical knowledge
>destroy your body and posture by subjecting them to be confined in a small space that will make you a cripple by 35

All just to get a worthless $100k (lol, programmers don't get 100k unless you're the goodest of goys) salary, so you can spend it on your soyboy groceries, rent, and your wife who despises your unmanly profession and yourself.

Carpentry is real work, it builds up your character and your body to affront the real challenges in life, basically any outdoors/manual job does this.

It doesn't even consume your physical wellbeing, I know guys who work in carpentry well into their 60s and 70s without an issue, they feel like a day of no work is wasted time.

Then you are a soyboy, I hope your parents aren't disappointed.

Don't do It. It's absolutely soul-sucking/suicide inducing if you do it professionally, but can be okay if you do it as a hobby working on your own projects. You'd be much better off going into the trades like HVAC or something similar.

I work with an IT firm as a side job just because they know how talented I am. I'm 18 and haven't applied to any university yet, nor will I to anything related to Computer sc*ence. It's BS, and a joke. You don't learn jack shit that you won't already learn by finding a practical learning thing like making game cheats or something. The people applying for CS in Universities are all balding cucks who play video games all day and think that "I am good at LoL therefore I am good with computers therefore I should work with those".

It's well-paid though. Really nice.

Wow mexicans truly are low IQ.

Programming is difficult as fuck, be prepared, but you can learn it all by yourself.
There are endless tutorials, books and websites available to get into it.
Go to Microsoft virtual academy, they have some good courses to get you started.

Typical mexican intelectual can't comprehend anything above manual work

Wikipedia is my go-to whenever I need the long and short of a particular topic, the programming/coding/developing articles are kind of complex and full of jargon I don't understand, so I'll click one link to get an explanation, then click a link in that link and on it goes.

Plus I highly doubt getting into this racket is as easy as "Hey, just go to this board, download a few books, read them, pass a test, get a certificate, and you're in"

Do Harvard's CS50. It's excruciatingly difficult but there's no better introduction on the whole Internet

What does pol think of pumping gas as a profession?

>Real men work with their hands and their muscles
Hands and muscles that are easily replaceable by machines.

ghey

Medium and big corporations will try to rip you off as much as they can.
Also the "culture" they promote and the open space workplaces are fucking cancer.
Hopefully, I'll be able to do it on my own as a freelancer with just enough money to live decently and have enough time for fun personal projects. I like to think of programming as a fun hobby, the fact that I can also make money off it only makes it better.

C/C++ programmer of distributer services reporting in.

This is the worst shit profession you can imagine.

Imagine all day you spend amoung fucking soy nerds, 8 hours a day your brain is getting damaged by a fucking programming language, it changer your personality, your mind, it kills your health and your life.

Fuck programming I fucking regret I've chosen that fucking shit as a profession.

Best job ever.

>Plus I highly doubt getting into this racket is as easy as "Hey, just go to this board, download a few books, read them, pass a test, get a certificate, and you're in"
you don't even need to pass a test or get a certificate. you just read some books, learn things, make programs, and make blog posts about your programs until you're peppered with job offers.

Actually, I have an IQ score of 126, I was tested when I was 19, I am now 27 years old and I've been doing carpentry work in the past 5 years, I just find programming work to be extremely unrewarding and a huge detriment to one's physical and mental health, without even mentioning the feminizing effects it has on the male psyche.

So are programming jobs and a lot of technical fields, in less than a decade or so software developers will be the equivalent of JavaScript/HTML webdevs, you'll only earn a decent salary if you're extremely competent in ML/AI.

i love programming but i absolutely despise the industry and its people

Is the money good at least? Did u major in cs?

What the fuck. What skillset?
I'm 5 years exp in firmware making 120k

Natural language programming is coming. If you conceptualize you win.

Requirements Engineering and SCRUM Master Masterrace reporting in

programmers are shit and need to get replaced by qt AIs asap.

See
>hurrr le low IQ meems
God forbid someone doesn't fall for your soyboy hermit professions and chooses work that has visible material effects in the world.

are soyboys good programmers?

Of course, intellectual labor is going to be eventually replaced by machines. But it will take longer than physical labor.

The best bet right now is to get yourself a rare skillset and use it to get a foot in the marketplace. Being able to carry heavy stuff is not a rare skill.

>Requirements Engineering and SCRUM Master Masterrace reporting in
I.e., someone who never does any programming.

you are scum

Pros:
Makes me decent money.
Comfy work athmosphere.
A rich international job market.

Cons:

>"I am good at LoL therefore I am good with computers therefore I should work with those".
I hear this a lot because I like to play video games so people tell me I should make video games for a living. Fuck that nonsense. I'm terrible at math, problem solving, and critically thinking. Pretty sure I'm mildly retarded.

THIS

pretty much same
life is good if you work hard

I kind of agree with you but not 100%. Programming is great when done for scientific/military purposes and you know, actual important things. The capitalist dreams of working at Google, Amazon or game dev are a fucking joke

For the average office slave, money is good, but it's fucking nothing compared to people who own their small+ businesses, who can relax and take easy money doing their favorite shit.

Yeah, I'm major in cs.

No, good programmers are rare.
My favorite programmer is Linus Torvalds and his kernel as an example of good programming style.

>No

then why are tech companies exclusively hiring soyboys?

you're*

>I'm terrible at math, problem solving, and critically thinking. Pretty sure I'm mildly retarded.
You'd fit into the video games industry perfectly then.

Because they are easy to control and they can spend all their free time and off days for work.

It will probably be one of the last jobs to be fully automated.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

fuck off, all we do is outsourcing for rich foreigners, we're basically europe's pajeets in this area. it's demeaning

Very soy. I do it and kind of regret it. Money is good. You will be among lots of self proclaimed geniuses with autism who are obsessed with their work and hobbies closely related to work. The best way to advance is to get good at some special topic that companies pay big for and to be able to communicate better than the average programming obsessed but totally awkward autismo.

If I could start again I'd be an electrician

I'd expect AI development to be the last thing to be replaced by an AI. That's why I majored in machine learning.

Why do they all have those stupid beards and glasses?

Based spic triggering the soyim

Perfect!

Where the fuck do you work in DFW?!

>Because they are easy to control and they can spend all their free time and off days for work.

Yeah, so what you are saying is that software companies care more about blind obedience, that the quality of work?

Like, managers exclusively hire people dumber than them to feel good about themselves?

>Like, managers exclusively hire people dumber than them to feel good about themselves?

Like a power trip, I guess?

It's not just the low rates, most of those companies treat their employees like scum, especially mobile ones.

>see flag
pretty average ameritard

There's a happy medium between trades and code monkey programming. Learn HVAC or building operations (physical plant shit; boilers, chillers, air dampers etc.) Then branch into coding and work on Building Automation Systems.
Smart HVAC guys that are computer savvy are in extremely short supply, and you can make some decent money troubleshooting and upgrading the systems. You'll still have to pull cable and crawl into shitty spaces, but you also get to commission the devices and make sure everything talks correctly.
Some of the programmers I know work on commission too, so if they are competent and can solve issues efficiently, they make bank.

My short time as a developer in NYC was very educational, I learned enough to go into business for myself. I earn only slightly more than I did as a salaried employee but I do less work and sleep more. Also get to work mostly with Python, which any dev will tell you is the language best suited for happiness in coding.

you know I think your wife dissagree with you because while you are playing it masculine she fucks the neighbor who works less than 7 hours and get paid 3 times whatever you do - working as a programmer

Nigger, I am bringing capital into the country and creating jobs.
Once I have enough to invest further into different areas I will.
Take your pride and shove it up your ass.

Programmers are small-souled bugmen.

Product owners basically do your job and more, you are useless

You are going to have to compete with poo wages.

Programmers built everything you love

gooooood goy, very good...

Depends
most companies yes they mostly hire replaceable blind slaves aka monkeys.
Good companies which produce something serious like software for MRI or Cars or Space shit or something like this looks more for quality.

>use an image board created by "NU MALE PROGRAMMER XD"
>from a machine designed by "LMAO KEKS WHO CAN'T DO REAL WORK WITH THEIR HANDS"
>probably willingly use a lot of hardware and software every day
Why are low IQs always so extremely salty?

Regarding the topic:
Programming is fine unless you're not a Java Pajeet, a numale web"dev", some indie game dev or some women "coding genius"