Why are graduates struggling to find jobs today and how do we solve it?

Why are graduates struggling to find jobs today and how do we solve it?

Other urls found in this thread:

protradecraft.com/robotic-carpenters-6-carpentry-tasks-robots-can-do-right-now
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They can work with me at walmart if they want.

>have mass immigration
>question why finding jobs is difficult

Do you think people go to school to study for 3-4 years to work at 'Walmart'?

>gets worthless degree
>does jot get job

Tl;dr this generation was told “go to college” so they did and now many degrees are iver saturated, even “good” ones like STEM. In the US business degrees(the good ones like accounting, economics, and finance) are making a comback thankfuly

Immigrants aren't competing with you on graduates jobs aka the middle class job market. Immigrants compete in the jobs no one wants to do because that's the only choice they have.

Somebody talked about in another thread the other day but it needs repeating

The marginally above-average IQ Americans aren’t learning trades like they were meant to do and instead go to college. They then realize they’re too stupid to learn STEM and major in sociology or something else pointless and stupid. $100,000 of debt later they realize they can’t find a job and end up blaming white people or capitalism for their own stupidity.

Its pretty easy to get a good job now. I got one with minimal skill and experience. I hardly do any work and earn decent salary.

what is h1b

If this is true then why are tech companies being outsourced to chinks, spics and poos? Checkmate.

> allow women to pursue careers wonder why wages are too low to raise a family on
Take one step back

Are you serious or just stupid?

Because universities are not teaching marketable skills.
All your humanities and psychology classes serve little less than conversation pieces or bar tricks in the real world.
If instead of forcing students to teach feminist dance therapy or latin american studies universities wouldteach their students basic coding,electricity, welding, carpentry, etc. You'd be guaranteed a job out there, or at least freelance until you can get one.

Of course not. I feel bad for the people who work in my store that have degrees and are only there just to keep Sallie Mae at bay.

I always hear this but I never meet people who did arts or other useless degrees, so why is this always brought up? The people who do those degrees are in the minority yet lots of graduates can't find
jobs.

>major in culinary delights - cuntyeast art and design
>"why can't i get a decent job you guys"

>immigrants aren't competing with you on graduates jobs
Not all immigrants are poor an uneducated, there are graduated immigrants too, especially from countries like china and india.

Key word there is outsource. Outsourcing has nothing to do with immigration.

By not pushing more people into higher education? If the market is not demanding more high skilled people, then there isn't economic incentive to go into higher education. There are forces outside the market pushing people into it though.

The vast majority of people are in business, STEM and law. The people who do humanities are in the small minority.

We're not learning trades because the incredibly difficult profession of sticking a plunger in a clogged toilet will be automated in 10 years.

The trade school meme is a deliberate attempt to lower the overall level of intellect in this country.

because colleges are now a scam and theyre just graduating any random nigger or woman who can barely do basic math problems. its over, colleges are finished.

People of retirement age were forced to postpone retirement after their savings and 401k funds were crushed in the recession.

They major in the arts and humanities like cucks

They - and their parents - were duped. 4 yr University without a planned degree is burning money. How many of these kids majored in Women's Studies or Sociology, expecting to find jobs? Nothing can be done, maybe a large movement to freeze interest on student loans?

If that's what happened, then yes. If they didn't want to work at WalMart, they should've realized their major was a waste of time, or should've excelled in what they were doing.

>”pfffft I’m too smart to learn a trade and get paid $17/hr as an apprentice immediately after high school. Only smart people go into debt for a piece of paper”

I’m a 26 year old union carpenter who made $90,000 last year after taxes. I think people who go to college are fucking retards to be honest. I have a corvette, an F150 raptor, and me and my gf are saving up for a house now. Never been in debt in my life.

So millions of people will go on unemployed or underemployed and this is considered okay because muh market signals? So these people are mere market colleteral and that's it? They have to take it on the chin and start all over again?

My GF has two brothers and one sister who are older than her and have a bachelor's in business and finance. They all work for Door Dash

a) People take stupid/niche degrees and believe the world owe them anything;

b) they also think that studying/reading books is s guarantee of good income regardless of their actual ability to perform a job or commit to any craft;

c) were also raised to believe they were special snowflakes and that they would fare well although are mediocre at best (hurr I won't take this $20 job because I know some make $500 durr)

There just isn't demand for stupid entitled degree-holding cunts.

Boomers that refuse to retire, less space in the work force.
>muh useless degree
I couldn't find a job with a BSc for the longest time, eventually I said fuck it and went to med school. Became degenerate, fucked bitches in dorms, got my placements, job I enjoy and get paid a shitload for. This is what society has done to me.

Why would we stop it? I quite enjoy that the one asking me if I want fries with that spend twice the time at school as I did in order to qualify for their job.

I went to college because when you graduated High School 2008 you were told to go to college. This was basically just before everyone realized college might be a total waste of time for most people. So there I was, with my Political Science degree in 2012, unable to get any sort of job in my field, not that it was ever easy to get a great political science job without tons of experience and connections.

But what did I do Sup Forums? Did I mope around like most of my millennial brethren did and whine about how unfair the world is and become a communist faggot?

No, I got into a trade and worked hard and now I manage a bunch of apartment complexes and voted for Trump.

Outsourcing of typical labor jobs and the massive influx of immigrants has destroyed the low skill labor market. The only way to advance is then to go to college, which only drags down the skilled labor market, destroying wages there as well.

Amen, brother.

Also this. Formal education is for people who have enough wealth so their family can support their wage-less studying period.

Whoever can't afford it should learn a craft and work until they can afford a degree if they really want it.

But no, let's just pretend that this generic education = gonna be rich shit is some universal law and get everyone in debt.

Because if employers aren't out to get cheap labor, social status/favoritism/who your friends with plays a huge factor
So a bunch of 30 somethings as managers will try and only hire other 30 somethings they're friends with and people they know, and usually chase out anyone they don't like personally, regardless of the work they do
Best thing younger people can do at this point is learn trade skills, college degrees are useless and fresh grads are not the only ones who have had this problem

I never went into debt. My parents saved money and paid for my education. Your important, difficult job of operating a belt sander and flipping a bandsaw on has already been automated in many aspects

protradecraft.com/robotic-carpenters-6-carpentry-tasks-robots-can-do-right-now

Because there are too many people going to college not capable of doing the jobs which ask for a four year degree. We could easily blame many different parties for this result, but this is the result.

money isn't real
therefore, debt doesn't matter

>degrees are useless outside of academia
>don't properly train students
>ridiculous requirements for jobs now
>ex. 5-7 years experience
>and of course decked stacked against some
>ex. nepotism, affirmative action, diversity requirements
>no merit based rewards system, who you know and who you blow

Only solution I have is colleges need to make a better effort to place their students in jobs pertinent to their field before graduating. Students pay a shit ton of money to these commies. It's the least they can do in return.

2'5 gpa

Stop making more college graduates than are needed.
I don’t view education diplomas/degrees as I once did. I’ve hired high school graduates that can tell time on an analog clock, or read, hell one girl couldn’t add or divide even when I provided her with a calculator. All of those people graduated high school, one with honors. I’ve hired college graduates that weren’t much better but they could all read and do basic math, not all could tell time on an analog clock though. College degrees people, at least here, come with an ego and expectations and zero real world experience. A college degree is in no way required for what I hire for but I always have lots of them applying. I don’t like hiring them because they always think they know everything and they’re smug and generally pissed off at their life. I guess I would be to if I were them. But the mora of my story is this, not every job needs a college degree. When there are more college graduates than would ever be required all you do is allow employers to raise minimum expectations for otherwise entry level jobs. We don’t need more wannabe chiefs when there’s a shortage of Indians, and when things like globalization are the hottest trend you have to understand not only did you create a surplus of educated people, you’re also competing with every poo in the loo who values a title over money because of their cultural background. With all that said I’ll take the retarded high school diploma people. They know they’re lucky to have the job and they will try their best and eventually learn. College grads sit around and bitch all day and act like everything is beneath them.

Because either they have a worthless degree or they took one where you have too many graduatees.
10-15 years ago it was a safe bet if you took some STEM course and could reliably find a job afterwards.
Now the market has been drowned with them and there are simply not enough jobs for them.

Professions full of out of touch boomers who won't retire and won't let young people getting a foot in the door. Can't get a job without experience but cant get exp without a job. Nepotism and favoritism. Companies who were started by people who didnt even go to college but expect graduates to go to ivy league schools.Hiring managers who wouldn't get an interview if they applied to their own company today. Jobs that shouldnt require a degree but do. Students wasting 4 years of study to push paper.tuition costs skyrocketing but quality of degree diminished

Stop going to no name universities. no wonder you guys cant get a job. every cuck goes to university these days. you have to go to ivy league to really stand out and youll find a job trust me.

t.investment banker

No college degree, did 5 1/2 US Navy, out in public sector now, made 109K last year.

People haven't figured out they do not need to waste 40-60K on a college degree to work at Walmart or Target. Want to make some some cash? Learn a trade. Electrician or plumbing. Money to be made there if one is good enough.

What do you mean? I thought the only problem was that people weren't getting good degrees, now it's their marks that are the problem? What about when they do have good marks oh yer it's the fact that they don't have a good network that's the problem? Why can't we admit that the level of competition is just too much, unhealthy, unsustainable and a sign that the system is crashing? Why do we have to compete with the whole fucking world for jobs these days? I mean boomers literally walked into jobs and started families at the age of 21 while most of us dont do this until our late 20s and early 30s. When do we wake up and realize that there's something wrong here?

Because universities shit out endless numbers of graduates that are unemployable because of:
>highly educated in theoretical problem solving
>zero on the job experience
>zero practical problem solving skills
>promise is a management position, reality a entry level job

So for me as employer the problem with University people is the following:
>I need to put them through 3 years of apprenticeship training to get useful employees
>I have to do that at 5-10x the wage of a normal apprentice
>even after years they can't communicate like normal people. Those are the guys that can't answer a yes or no question.
>will demand salary rises for zero work just because they got a degree

So the reality when they join the market is:
They're not job qualified
Most of the simple entry level jobs where you can start a career where shipped out of country or a simply dead end jobs today
They're 25+ years old and on the level of a 16 year old apprentice in his first year.

Lol so now the problem isn't even your degree or degree anymore but when what logo was on your piece of paper? How the fuck can the majority of people compete then? LMAO. And people wonder why so many people are NEETs these days.

Gpalet

Just the truth mate. Here in Germany every dumbass studies BWL which is Business Administration. They dont know what to do after school so they go to university. So its nothing special anymore. You either go to Ivy league school or you go to a non-traget school and get a low 1.2-1-4

Fellow med school master race user. I didn't become degenerate though.

Three reasons:
1. Getting retarded, worthless degrees
2. Temporary work visas
3. Mass immigration

Lol. We'll have fun. I take whole years off. I guess I'm the dumb one. I have 3 duplexes at 32. I rent to retarded college students. You know how and why? Unionized plumber/steamfitter if I pay my dues the health insurance carries over ive got 150k marinating in 3 mutual funds and take odd jobs if I need a little spending cash. Having your own rig helps a lot.

well thats the nature of markets. in this case though it takes nearly a generation to correct.
but i dont think college degrees are markets based at all, not anymore than trying to win the lottery is.

Because jobs are being attacked at both the high end and low end.

H-1B and related programs are slamming tech, engineering, and medicine.

Then you have spics and niggers slamming all the low wage, entry level shit.

So there you have it. The only thing that is really safe nowadays is a soul killing paper pushing 9-5 (but more like 8 or 7 to 5 nowadays) or a body killing trade that hasn't been infested with spics.

Good look wageies. You need it.

H1b visas fuck the middle class more than anything else. All major tech companies use them to suppress salaries.

I'm 30yrs old and the only one in my friends group to not go to college. I make the most and I'm the only one not in a ton of debt. I'd rather be an electrian over some office monkey any day.

So the problem is with capitalism and not with immigration? It's the duty of the company to maximize profit for shareholders (so they get a return on investment) and if it means getting H1B visas to do the work then so be it?

I know people with good degrees that arent doing much with them. No more than the top 25% of high school grads should be going to college.
People want this 100% white collar society but dont realize how stupid the idea is and why it wont work. Say you are an engineer thats designed a product you need an army of unskilled or low skill labor to produce and distribute your product. From production, to QA, shipping, warehousing and distribution, sales, and maybe even service, the product depends on at least 10 blue collar workers to each white collar one.
So how do you take otherwise well educated in high demand fields people dependent on uncle sugar? You flood the system with people who dont belong there with artificially raises demand and price while burdening them with a loan that cannot be discharged.
My private camp neighborhood consists of the top 5% of earners, some of these people having well over a million dollars in big boy toys alone sitting on their lots. Out of the 90 some people there, there are only about 10 people who were college educated professionals who had a membership to the club, everyone else owns their own business.
The one engineer and I are real cool, he makes great money designing some of the biggest turbines in the world. Every time you get a beer or two in him he starts talking about how he should have started his own HVAC company.

No they won't.
Guess who robots are marketed towards. Huge companies. White collar workers will be replaced first with machine learning. I mean, they are already trying to replace you with H1Bs anyway.

And it's the duty of the nation to protect its borders and serve the interests of its people. The nation > corporate bottom line

Graduated 6/6/06 - never bought the meme. My friends and parents thought I was nuts then, but now I own a few businesses and do very well while they are in school still because they cant find work. One did a few deployments after bachelors and is now in med school, so he gets slack from me.
They are stuck in a rat race with the only way to defer payments is by going back to school. They have no family of their own and that probably eats at them more than anything. My med school buddys father and I get together for a few beers every few months and he has admitted that I was right.
t. had academic and athletic scholarships that I passed on.

Forgot to add that I tell my friends they can still learn a trade.

>graduate
>middle class
Pick one.

In my country they don't intend to but they do.

I've hears good things about machining and the like. Is this a good trade? Is the money good? Any negative effects on health, assuming you aren't retarded?

I aint even gradiated high school

we do fine. one of my friends and his soon to be wife are 20 years old
he makes $500 a week before tax
she works part time minimum wage at the grocery store
we picked up a $1500 ring on Saturday
having a baby in 8 months
making a 25% or more down payment on a house

and I get less money than he does and not very much work in winter

>Business degree and a STEM degree from great university, high GPA
>Worked 3 of 4 years of college doing high level research, programming, and clinical stuff
>Leadership volunteer positions managing charities and as legislative aide
>Active as fuck on GitHub
>Have a blog where I teach programming stuff/examples
>Rounded up 4 letters of recs
>Killed the MCAT

I wanted to go to med school.

I was rejected from every one.

I've literally unemployed for a year after graduating

I'm not even being picky about jobs.

I've sent out hundreds of resumes, heard back on ONE for an interview

They canceled it 90 MINUTES before I was going to be interviewed

Worst of all I started college at 22 after working a few years. Somehow it was easier getting jobs with a high school diploma.

Fuck this gay earth

Kindred spirits.
>30
>5 sf units
>2 duplexes
>working on 12 unit building now
>bird dog for investment group I put together
>trade businesses on the side
>actually only works 100-150 days a year because I get bored
I shitpost, play guitar, and do some volunteer work to fill my time.

I feel your pain. You aren't the only one having that kind of shit happen.

Just wait until you're at a job fair and the boomer and genx recruiters all assume there is something secretly wrong with you because how could you not have a job in such a great market, lol.

This is why when I went to a University, I told myself there was no going back and that I had to get the engineering degree I wanted. No changing majors even within the College of Eng because it would still hold me back for like 2 extra years

Good News: I got my degree
Bad News: It was in Petroleum Engineering right as the bust hit.

I mean I have a good job (Supervisor at a chemical product plant) now but I could be doing a lot better.

STEM here
About to graduate, bio jobs are terrible.
They want a masters or 5-7 years experience and only pay about 60k where I am.
College is a scam, do a trade unless you know somebody.

I got hired then realized the management was so unorganized and boomer idiots. Eventually they laid me off cause they didn't have time to train me. I have no experience so now have to resort to freelancing.
Most businesses are run by dumbass oldfags. Funny how they had it easy and now want only people with 10+ years experience even for entry level.

>bio
>jobs

Pick one. There's no reason to hire someone when you have a massive population of smart students willing to work for free.

Depends on the shop. There are health hazards with every single profession.
Some shops will train you.

>only pay 60k
Stop being a baby. That's good for a starting job. That's why I was getting paid. My friend started at 50k and is now in 6 figures after 3 years.

Yes they are, all immigrants want those cushy middle class jobs. That’s why there’s visas for these.

Go work as a ground guy for a tree company and learn to climb if you have the market in your AO. Be safe but bust your ass and you will be making 30+ an hour within 2 years.
What state are you in?

Not who you replied to.

I just started a my own company after working for a few real estate investors the last couple months. They are now my biggest clients, and I manage a few other properties, as well as all of theirs.

So far pretty steady, picking up one sfh or duplex a month for them. I’ll be looking for my first duplex (owner occupy) this summer.

Where you at?

Washington, so the tree gig is plausible

Southwestern PA is in desperate need of workers. It is starting to boom again.
FMC, Exxon, and Halliburton are all out here plus a bunch more.

Im PA fag, smaller trees here so you might make more. Very dangerous work at times, but pretty rewarding.
Go out of your way to get power line and rescue certs and you will never be out of a job.
Start practicing your knots. A ground guy doesnt need to know much more than a bowline and a clove hitch.

Medicine sucks and I wish I hadn’t done that. Google medschool hell and read those posts. They are very true.

Ya they are with their free degrees and affirmative action hiring quota might as well kill yourself if your a white male.

>Graduate with STEM degree
>High ranking university
>GPA 3.8
>Internship every summer
>Every "entry level" job in my field demands AT LEAST 3 years experience
>Only so much I can exaggerate on my resume
>Nepotism is at an all time high
>The only people I know with jobs have family in the industry
>Say fuck it, go back to grad school
>Pays shit but its better than living off mommy and daddy's GBPs
>Everyone I meet at grad school tells me the same shit
>Hopelessness intensifies

SW PA.
Lots of cheap properties here.
I started off mowing lawns and got most of my initial work from real estate acquaintances. That has grown into several monsters since.

>I aint even gradiated high school
It shows.

There are no jobs for degrees in gender studies

I'm in DFW currently. I'm waiting to get a year of experience and if my current company doesn't let me transfer to a new position as a analyst of some sort, then I'm gonna start looking for a new gig somewhere here in Texas in Oil & Gas.

>High ranking university
>GPA 3.8
>Internship every summer

You have a degree in Biology/Chemistry don't you?

how does american healthcare in its absolute memestate with $300 ambulance rides and $20 aspirin and your post correlate?

Because the pipeline from university to employment is a meme determined by the whims of HR catladies. The US is pumping out millions of graduates who would do good work in fields that are screaming for new workers but which filter away 90% of their candidates by asking for half a dozen meme credentials which represent not future jobsite success but rather just how good you are at divining the whims of HR catladies (or lying on your resume).

t. Best worker in my department at my job but who barely squeaked into being hired because I didn't have the requisite shiny baubles on my resume

Entry-level state government job. No, it won't make you rich but you can pay your bills, get the experience you need, and hopefully let you start networking through the people you meet.

I was in the private sector for over a decade as a chemist when the bottom fell out. I was fortunate to have made a good impression on my future boss when she had come to certify my part of the private lab where I worked.

Going into a state job let me flex my problem-solving muscles where it was needed most. Practically all of my colleagues were state employee lifers and had no inkling how to think on their feet - I dragged them kicking and screaming into the 20th century. Making a difference, especially when your job directly affects the public, is a pretty good feeling.

One other thing - there's a lot of arrogance displayed by people here with degrees and no experience. Protip: you need to be willing and able to prove yourself useful (think Island of Sodor useful) before you get that luxury.

> Gets degree
> Passed over by companies because they need to meet diversity quotas
> 90 year-old boomers hanging on to that upper-position job they've had since they were teenagers
> Automation
> Devaluation on college degrees to the point that they're almost as necessary as a diploma for all but the most basic jobs
> All this schooling was done and not a single class teaches students what they need to do to make it past their supervising position at Starbucks

It's a lot of things OP

STEMfag here. Got a job after graduation, then got laid off after 1 year. After 2 months and 40 jobs applied for, took a job at Amazon in their warehouse. I start next week. It's a little humiliating.

3.4 GPA & internship experience even.

>arrogance displayed by degrees and no experience
Ummm sweetie, did you miss the part where me and the other guy worked throughout college, and in my case for years prior to.

This is actually a huge part of the problem, people don't respect college because

A) They fucked off and think everyone else did
B) They are trying to inflate their own sense of accomplishment by infantilizing university educations
C) Entering boomer levels of being wholly out of touch with the real world and how they got to where they are today

A rigorous university education is far more taxing than 90% of jobs, and you flex those problem solving muscles harder, longer, and in more diverse areas than a simple job.

But, I'll take your advice and look into gibsmedats jobs

Univeristies dont owe anyone anything, they just give acces to knowledge. It is up to a person to put this acces and aknowledge to action. It is not like you go to university, party, suck cock, cbeat your way to a diploma and then all of a sudden companies will start to approach you and offer well paid jobs. A degree isnt a guarantee of anything. One must be really stupid to not understand this.

javascript:quote('158549302');