It's ANOTHER isekai manga

>it's ANOTHER isekai manga
>but the MC can't understand anyone in the new world because there's no convenient translation magic handwave
Color me surprised.
This probably isn't going to last, is it?
Having a koboldbro and orcbro as characters seem interesting at least, even if the MC is an overpowered piece of shit as usual.

Other urls found in this thread:

kimisoba.tumblr.com/
novelupdates.com/series/manager-of-the-other-world-brothel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And a ching chong nip nong to you too, young lady.

>because there's no convenient translation magic handwave
how many have that. i can only think of aselia.

>game world
dropped hard

>but the MC can't understand anyone in the new world because there's no convenient translation magic handwave

Wasn't Zero No Tsukaima supposed to be like this but editors bitched about how foul would be to publish something that doesn't compeals the regular otaku?

>Fuck me silly!

>Please?

Kid looks like Battler

>in... the game world!?
Kill it with fire. I hope the MC gets ntr'd by that orc.

You fags enable this gimmick bullshit. Always remember that

>how many have that.
Literally all of them? Yeah, a lot of them don't SAY they're translating, but if they speak english/japanese in the new world, then same shit.

>can't understand the language
Might be interesting
>game world
Dropped

It's not like we're paying for it.

>game world

why aren't more isekai just straight fantasy? the "real world" aspect is almost always entirely inconsequential

So you should be thanking me.

Already happened, OP. Even if it was isekai for girls.

it won't last.
almost all of them, that or MC learns super fast or finds a skill that does it for him

>they speak another language
>in a game world
So... was the video game already in a different language? I mean this doesn't make any sense, they should be talking japanese if the game was already in japanese.

>game world
>can't understand the language
A game world is pretty much the best excuse for why the MC should be able to understand the language.

i meant how many dont have convenient translation magic.

>play a game in japanese
>get transported to the game
>they speak something else
Full retard.

12 Kingdoms both has it and a good justification. The other travelers don't benefit from it.

Good point.
Further proof that game elements ruin everything 99% of the time.

I guess Mushoku Tensei counts, but protagonist starts as a baby, so he learns the language as a baby would do.
Then he spends a couple years studying foreign languages.

There are old shoujo manga that have used that plot device. Like:
It's funny how most of the early isekai stories had female protagonists and were mainly for girls.

maybe he's a westaboo

It'd be hilarious if it was originally a Korean MMO and everyone in the isekai is actually speaking Korean.

Nah, porc orcs aren't really my thing, but okay.

>isekai

Keep them coming, I'm already reading a couple dozen.

It's from a popular web novel, it will last.

>discovers option menu in the first chapter and changes the language

He should still use a language patch so he can interact with the RPG.
Language patch could still work in a world running on game mechanics.

Modern isekai is shit. All of it. It's too gamey and too inspired by Dragon Quest and FFXI. I miss old isekai that had no game elements and also mostly female protagonists.

>by accident
>doesn't remember where the option is hidden

All reincarnation isekai starts off by leaning language.

>isekai is WoW
>protagonist speaks broken engrish

Read a bit of the web novel and the opening chapters are so ridiculously different it's unreal. Even the MC's first waifu is different.

The manga (and LN?) look to be a bit less generic, at least. The WN is so unbelievably cliched it's hard to figure out how it got popular.

Art looks great.

Not all of it is.

>it's hard to figure out how it got popular.
nips like cliched shit, more news at 10!

If it has "stats", "levels" or even just "classes", "guilds" or any other remotely gamey element the writer is a lazy dumbass that can't be bothered to come up with a real setting.

The art is amazing.
Too bad it's wasted on a piece of shit series like this.
Actually, a bunch of talented artists are now being contracted to illustrate garbage bin isekai novels and manga, it's sad to see.

Ya gotta eat.

Yeah, but not all of it is. And a few have stats or other game mechanics but are still okay.

Plot twist:
It wasn't actually a game world. The villain only cast an illusion to make the MC think it was one.
The MC, fully trusting in his 200 HP, tanks a sword with his belly and dies while squealing like a pig.

>Actually, a bunch of talented artists are now being contracted to illustrate garbage bin isekai novels and manga, it's sad to see.
The LN industry has always done this. They grab whatever aspiring artists that are trending on Pixiv and offer them a publishing deal with random LN #3854572.
It just so happens that 90% of the LN industry's throughput happens to be isekai right now.

>Yeah, but not all of it is.
It's like 9 to 1.

>And a few have stats or other game mechanics but are still okay.
No. The only remotely acceptable use of game mechanics was in the one with the spider and it was just because it went full Matrix like Scrapped Princess.

How the fuck does this make sense.
Why would a villain go through all the trouble of reincarnating an MC in a world just to kill him off immediately in some roundabout way.

>Why would a villain go through all the trouble of reincarnating an MC in a world
Where does it say that?

because MC's virtue often comes from being a nip + nips related better to an MC that is from the same world + it sidesteps the issue of why MC does not have the same morals as people around him and gives him an excuse to seek out exposition about the world

probably everyone spoke like in the sims

Holy shit, the phrases are still burned into my memory.
I've played the games way too much.

>No. The only remotely acceptable use of game mechanics was in the one with the spider
So you accept it's not always bad.

The problem isn't the genre, is what I'm saying. Just that a big chunk of the current fad is adapted from literal amateur fiction written by shut-ins with no life experience or understanding of basic human communication.

Dump it

Im already getting hard imagining her getting destroyed by fat orc dick and moaning in playstation button signs while MC sits there and can't do shit

kimisoba.tumblr.com/
>be young and talented fujoshi
>immediately have your hopes and dreams crushed upon entering the professional industry when you're assigned to drawing generic waifubait isekaishit instead of cute bois doing gay things like you hoped
How long till she kills herself, Sup Forums?

If the game mechanics aren't addressed at any point by the story itself then they're only a clutch used by a lazy writer that can't come up with real world building. And the "it was all a manufactured Matrix-like world" twist is basically the only way to make it work and you can't have 40+ stories all with the same twist.

>and you can't have 40+ stories all with the same twist.
Sure you can, it's just that most will be shit, but that's how it is in general for anything.

Take a shot every time an isekai MC says the phrase "as a modern Japanese person..."

>And the "it was all a manufactured Matrix-like world" twist is basically the only way to make it work and you can't have 40+ stories all with the same twist.
Actually, most authors prefer the twist to be
>incidentally, the reason this world resembles the role playing games of Earth is because this useless goddess is a hopeless game addict. Isn't it bad for someone this powerful to be so whimsical? Ah, I don't want to live in this kind of unreasonable world

Because culture has grown to such an exponential rate that is not possible to relate to non-modernized characters.

Like when people wonder what zombies are in a zombie movie, or hackers mashing their keyboards. The human reality has changed too much to relate to fantasy.

All works of fiction are just copies from one another with little deviation here and there until they become their own genre.

I actually enjoyed this LN even if its a bit vanilla. Think we're on twelve volumes now. It always boggles me that its never had a translation. I suppose a manga will have to do.

Nothing about this post makes sense.

I can hear Tolkien spinning in his grave at the godless drivel his writing has ultimately spawned.

How different is the LN from the WN? Because I'm reading the WN right now and absolutely none of it matches up with the manga aside from the name of the MMO he's isekai'd into.

>the game world!?
That shouldn't be a surprise at this point.

You shouldn't hold up Tolkien like some grand end-all be-all of fantasy.

I bet most LN/WN writers don't even know who's Tolkien is lol

this is nice

Haven't read the WN. Couldn't tell you.

1970's pimp gets transported to fantasy game world.
Makes a prostitution ring of every race he can get.
Female dragons working street corners.
Goblin whores in high heels
Minotaur massages with happy ending.
Demon lord's sister is his top bitch.

> oh wew seems like I'm also broken

Man, this looks so promising and original.

Sounds like she finally learned the virtue of cock in pussy

Haven't you seen any modern movie about ancient times?

Somehow the protagonists aren't racists, have modern liberal views about gender, fight for democracy, can read despite reading being a skill that only the privileged had, etc.

You cannot write a story if you don't root for the characters, and the human ideal has changed so much that we are not even the same as we were 100 ago.

That's why isekai stories have a protagonist from modern times.

he means in fantasy characters are A) too pure or B) too shit. you are not going to put your limited life into reading 400 pages about a person you don't like

>Demon lord is his top bitch.
FTFY.
Keep it simple.
Also female demon lords are my fetish.

novelupdates.com/series/manager-of-the-other-world-brothel/
Does this count?

Isekai was a Shoujo genre (when Shoujo was good).

Isekai now being so widespread show,the feminization of the Japanese

That's why reading old books can be really fun.

>MC's parents are racist
>his village is racist
>the empire at large is racist
>but MC inexplicably follows the higher-minded ideals of equal treatment between all (fantasy) races despite nobody in his life ever passing such an idea onto him

retarded:the post

>They grab whatever aspiring artists that are trending on Pixiv and offer them a publishing deal with random LN #3854572.

That's how it works? They can be picked up through Pixiv? Interesting.

Indeed. It's fascinating to get into the mindset of people from before a time google or antibiotics existed. It's makes for more compelling stories.

However it also makes it harder to feel empathy for the characters.

Not necessarily unrealistic, but it needs a good justification.

you are lucky if MC gets a token shortcoming.
Then again pic related had a reason of having traveled with his parents and it just made him an insufferable cunt

This is one trope I hate in isekai. I'm waiting for a WN where a liberal attitude towards race doesn't work out and demihumans/humans still fuck each other over.

It feels weird when I read a book from the 1920s and none of the protagonists are racist.

>However it also makes it harder to feel empathy for the characters.
I don't agree. Granted, I haven't read very many novels, but typically it doesn't take me long to get into the mindset of the character. It's very advantageous that their ideologies aren't fictional but actually internally consistent. That makes it easy to intuitively comprehend them.

+ old books are the only place you can get that because new writer have not lived it so they can't craft it well.

She wants to play Playstation.

>That's how it works? They can be picked up through Pixiv? Interesting.
Why wouldn't it work that way?
Instead of waiting for talent to come to them, isn't it easier and more beneficial just to approach artists with pre-existing brand recognition? And as an added bonus, said artists usually have zero experience with the industry so you can force whatever unreasonable work contracts you want onto them with them being none the wiser.

it is unrealistic. It would be realistic if he had 1 view that went against the whole but not a totally different set of views

>The demihumans and humans actually work together to get rid of the MC

Is that fucking Mario on the top right?

>another isekai piece of shit
Manga about a 17-19th century slave trader being sent to a modern world when?

don't know about manga but its a big problem in lit world.

It's actually kind of realistic. Most Abraham religion's prophets are like this, well the prophets might be real but high probability that it's extragerated. Gauthama was also almost like this.

>MFW it was all according to MC's keikaku

How do you think all those shitty Narou WNs get published? The same way.