Knights of the zodiac returns to Mexico

After almost 20 years on not being broadcasted in Mexico, the series will return to canal 5 of televisa.

multianime.com.mx/2017/06/15/paren-las-prensas-saintseiya-regresa-a-tv-mexicana-pero-ahora-en-televisa-adios-tvazteca-caballerosdelzodiaco/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sEAdiRoGaXc
multianime.com.mx/2017/06/15/paren-las-prensas-saintseiya-regresa-a-tv-mexicana-pero-ahora-en-televisa-adios-tvazteca-caballerosdelzodiaco/
youtube.com/watch?v=1p2zwYK-dEY
youtube.com/watch?v=gfNG4TxnW6o
es.doblaje.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Super
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's cool and all but I wish they would license new stuff too

Captain Tsubasa is back too

DAME TU FUERZA PEGASO!

>20 years of no airing

LIES, Saint Seiya had a full rerun back in 2006~2009.
Hell even the toys came back albeit in from a shittier manufacturer.

New stuff is unappealing to anyone who isn't a massive weeabo. Old stuff has universal appeal

Yama no Susume is coming to channel 22

Did they dub Omega?
For me it's a wasteof money but still

>Canal 5
>Televisa

In Chile, Etc have Yama no Susume and Locodol, in Jap sub spa
Yes

I'm not sure if they finished dubbing omega

This, they always lie about this shit. I think last time they were saying some bullshit about it being the first time they broadcasted the poseidon arc.

>Trying to boost the ratings with anime

On the one hand, it could mean retransmission of old anime + bringing new ones. On the other hand

>Televisa

>>Trying to boost the ratings with anime
They already tried memes and Youtube stars, and they failed. Ratings are plummeting, they don't realize internet exists and they are no competition.

Who fucking cares about mexican television?
Not Sup Forums related.

So on free tv we have
Kindaichi
Pokemon
Captain Tsubasa
Candy Candy
Dragon Ball
What else is out there?

fucking saint seiya is not Sup Forums related?

DES QUATRE COINS DE L'UUUUUUNIVERS

Siempre la verdad

pokemon will air on tv azteca

QUAAAND TRIOMMMPHEUUUUH LE MAAAAAL

ETC should sub more series.
Current spic dubs are awful.

SANS HESITER ILS PAAAAAAAARTENT EN GUERRE

>Supercamepeones and Pokemon go to Azteca
>Knights of the Zodiac go to el cinco
No you fuckers, you ruined the natural order, what do you think you are doing?!

In June 26th ETC will start to air Chibi Maruko-Chan subbed and in way better timeslots than Locodol and Yama no Suzume. Subbed series are actually donated by Japan Foundation for its emission and a single rerun. That's why they don't last longer on TV. Afaik, JF also has Kindaichi Returns season 1 and two Makoto Shinkai movies (5 cms/s and Kotonoha no Niwa) subbed.

Its actually Cap. Tsubasa & Pokemon vs DB/SS.

Al triunfar el maaaaaaaal.

Campeones and Pokemon used to air on canal cinco, knights of the zodiac was from el 7. I'm talking about ancient times here though.

I wish el 7 brought back Guerreras Magicas and Justicieros.

Where were you when mexico got Gintama?

>guerreras mágicas
I need them again. Like in Saturday and Sunday they air Candy Candy at 8am

>Ping Pong

>ping pong mexican dub
oh fuck, I want to watch it

Would this be shown in their US channels? I was actually thinking of rewatching the series again.

>158540563
youtube.com/watch?v=sEAdiRoGaXc
This was 20 years ago. Are people still salty about it?

It's a bigger problem. See

Shit channel
Shit anime

>multianime.com.mx/2017/06/15/paren-las-prensas-saintseiya-regresa-a-tv-mexicana-pero-ahora-en-televisa-adios-tvazteca-caballerosdelzodiaco/

They can re-air Rayearth or Slayers cause TV Azteca destroyed illegally ALL of them materials instead of sending tem back to their respective companies.

Plus in the early 2000 and sicne they started to edit the fuck out of their content just to air more fucking commercials!

Apparently, A LOT of rare material of anime only survives due to Chilenians keeping them.

Are you sure? Our dubs haven't been good for a while.

>They can re-air Rayearth or Slayers cause TV Azteca destroyed illegally ALL of them materials instead of sending tem back to their respective companies.
What the fuck? Salsa? That's fucked up, those dubs were good

>Campeones and Pokemon used to air on canal cinco, knights of the zodiac was from el 7. I'm talking about ancient times here though.
>I wish el 7 brought back Guerreras Magicas and Justicieros.

Add Escaflowne in there too. I will never be as happy again as I was then flipping between Cinco and 7 to catch all my animes 20 years ago.

Its true, after the early 2000s when they stopped showing Sailormoon due to the embargo and cancelled Saint Tail, they almost retire all of their animes, aside from Red Baron which aired with lots of edits, since they drunk the kool aid of that fucking Ideolog fat bitch who made a hit piece againts anime, member that shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=1p2zwYK-dEY

After they drunk the koolaid, they began to play it safe and instead aquire the Disney licenses, which they even edited as well to make room for MORE FUCKING COMMERCIALS.

then in the mid 00s with the Fhuzz of Saint Seiya airing on CN Latinamerica, they also got the rights again form toei, but they heavily edited EVEN FURTHER, not just for content, but to only air 14 minute episodes to give more room to the Simpsons and more commercials!

They even pretended that we didn't have any fucking memory and made this fiasco.

youtube.com/watch?v=gfNG4TxnW6o

They did that on purpose, since at the time CN was in talks to get the Hades saga!.

Fuck off, Escaflowne wasn't 20 years ago. I'm not that old yet you asshole

Fuck, I lost it when she brought up Evangelion. Some doujin printed and translated in spain did reach the country though, I had a couple from Sakura Card Captors and I remember seeing one of Saint Seiya at my local shop but never bought it, I'm curious about the doujin she showed on camera, I feel I recognize the art.

I was too young at the time, so I didn't watch this but yeah, everyone knew about the whole crusade against things like pokemon. Shit like how Pikachu's name meant something like "10,000 times greater than god" and other ridiculous shit. God, this country can be so embarassing at times, haha.

ETC actually has a very consolidated, albeit very demanding and borderline weeaboo, audience.

And...
>Apparently, A LOT of rare material of anime only survives due to Chilenians keeping them.

Afaik, Toei sells Sailor Moon, Slam Dunk, DBGT and Kitaro to the local stations using digital copies of ETC backups.

>YAT

Sweet baby Jesus I thought me and a friend where the only ones who saw the series. I couldn't even find it online.

I remember a long time ago reading in the local newspaper that Pokemon was "satanic" and all that.

Didn't know Yama no Susume was on Etc.

>Iron Chef

Oh my fucking god

>I only have canal 11 and 22 where I live

Don't think so but I do remember watching DBZ and Sailor Moon in spainish on my local spainish station here in Chicago. Not sure if they aired Saint Seiya on it too.

Yama no susume is coming to canal 22 aswell.

Lets be honest here.

At least 5 will air the fucking things daily, not like 13 that aired them once a week and only if they didnt have some retard live action shit going.

>Anime I dislike in a device I haven't touch in years
Good luck with that.

>captcha: corona road

apparently canal once will have ronja too or is it already airing?

>locodol
Who is the lowkey patrician behind this?

who the fuck watches ETC in this day and age? I mean at this point everyone has good enough internet connections to dl/stream anime. That and ETC doesn't even have HD signal.

>Knights of the zodiac
>not Saint Seiya
>not Caballeros del Zodiaco

Pochos gonna pochear

Modern anime is too Japanese. It'll never have a mainstream success like in the past decades unless there's a cultural shift. Apparently Japan is moving toward nationalism with its new army and potentially invading best Korea so things don't look good.

I could see Build Fighters working as a saturday morning cartoon to sell toys. Same with Yokai Watch, actually, why didn't mexico get the Yokai watch anime? I hear is doing great in spain.

Maybe stuff like Gate, Log Horizon and god help us, SAO, could find an audience if broadcast.

Spics love isekai, it'll be fine.

El taco bueno.

I'm glad I had US citizenship and was able to move to a place where at least rural areas had DSL in California. Back in the small town I lived there was not even DSL and I would've had to deal with this bullshit from Canal 5 and Azteca 7 for years. Really dodged a bullet there.

>was not even DSL
Meant dial-up.

Oh fug...

No mames que asco

I'm willing to try

>why didn't mexico get the Yokai watch anime?
It's airin on latam Disney Channel or XD

Will they air Dragon Ball Super someday?

>ywn watch the inevitable La Rosa de Guadalupe episode when kids all across the country start doing a hero after watching Madoka
NO ES JUSTO

actually yes

es.doblaje.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Super

Can't wait to forget about grandma Goku forever and return to the Castañeda glory

The cosplay episode was fucking kino, can't do better than that

Saint Seiya is complete trash without the nostalgia googles, pretty much the same plot every arc. And who the fuck watches traditional TV?

>Kindaichi cases
>80's Astro Boy

So the I guess Japan Fundation are donating the same shows everywhere in Latin America, that's cool.

Here the Uni channel is broadcasting Inuyasha and Bleach two shows

I don't give a damn about the former shows but people seem happy to relieve their childhoods or whatever, good for them

>mfw everybody is asking the Fundation and the Uni channel if they can broadcast the same shitty anime, DBZ, Elfen Lied, Death Note and so on

Fucking normieweebs have narrow tastes

wait they actually did broadcast Death Note already so forget about that one

>And who the fuck watches traditional TV?
everybody and your grandma