Leaked gov’t report: every Brexit option will hurt UK

All of the United Kingdom’s plans for leaving the European Union will hurt the country’s economy, according to a government report reviewed by BuzzFeed News. The report, compiled by the Department for Exiting the European Union, explores the three options the country is most likely to pursue when exiting the Union. The most optimistic model would see the British economy grow 2 percent slower than current projections over the next 15 years. The other models show the economic growth slowing by 5 or 8 percent over that same time period. Leaving the EU could also have more dramatic short-term effects on the British economy, and could undercut London’s status as a global financial hub, the report warned. An official with the Department for Exiting the European Union told BuzzFeed the government had not made the report public “because it’s embarrassing.”

thedailybeast.com/leaked-govt-report-every-brexit-option-will-hurt-uk

Well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LHbw2ZlYz0g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tardfeed

If Brexit will hurt them, it's because of EU butthurt.

(((leaked))) (((report)))

There are things more important than finance. If the UK can survive the financial transition, the benefits to it's culture will be massive.
Brexit is """bad""" only if you're someone who see's no problem importing millions of refugees to replace a shrinking tax base.

Some rich fucks will lose a few quid long term.
Vs.
The country is freed from the yoke of the EU.

"Oh no, muh money greed!" Can not be allowed to stop Brexit.

this

that's what they get for being retarded

Of course it's going to hurt but in the long run it'll save Britain

Absolutely this.

Imagine believing fake news, especially that pushed by the government

The UK is full of paki rapists, the EU has nothing to do with anglos shipping them in by plane

>UK has appendicitis and will die, but the operation cost money.

Our Ben Franklin called this "Penny wise and Pound Foolish".

No doubt about it the british voters were aware of this and they voted for brexit for reasons other than economic, right?

culture/ethnicity > economy

They knew.
The short-term economic blow can be taken on the chin when it means long-term prosperity and opportunity.
Besides the economy, sovereignty is at the core of the issue.
Laws that the British did not vote on affect Britain anyway without a single option available to reverse it.

>the benefits to it's culture will be massive.
Yeah we will be back to good old Victorian values - poorhouses. cholera and prostitution because the social system has collapsed and there is no money to run a decent society.

Over the top hyperbole.
All that's left for the stay argument.

Mogg floors the interviewer who talks about this. It’s shitty economic modelling.

youtu.be/LHbw2ZlYz0g

>They knew.

3:15 if you need time stamp

>every single argument against leaving the EU boils down to "it'll be expensive"
so was World War II but it still had to be done

Fuck you jew-lover if Hitler had won Europe would be 100% white

If it weren't for the Mutt States of America you'd be the laughing stock regarding both culture and ethnicity you stupid idiot

>ignore the hordes of million flowing into EU
>ignore freedom of movement
>ignore suicidal generosity of continentals

Are you people not capable of long-term thinking?

Actually it’s because of the USA that we aren’t a global power. Among other reasons, but the USA is the main one.

Im not necessarily pro or anti brexit i just want Britain to die

Can't they just pull a Trump and start tearing out regulations to attract cucked EU businesses?

>make British cars great again

“Leaked”
>fake fucking memo to try and cover up bullshit
Where have I heard that one before?

Yeah right bitch. Regrow a pair.

Also brexit ASAP so we can bolster you against Jewish tantrums about Jewish statistics.

Are they also the reason you let in pakis and jamaicans replace you regardless of Brexit and that your media is only upped by Sweden in terms of social justice madness ? You're a rotting country, and good riddance I say

This right here

EU is doing the hurting, just give them a low ball take it or leave it offer. Then put a military blockade off Brussels in Trump fashion and let it simmer.

Maybe, but it'l hurt you too. And in the long run when your attempted Empire dies we'll be fine and you'll be gone.

>Who are we going to blame for our problems now?
The Scots obviously.

Who would win?
>the proud and glorious British Imperial army
>Tyrone and his gang of subhuman, spear-chucking apes

>implying you can make accurate growth prediction like that
(((Economists)))

But it’s historically true? I’m not getting emotional, just stating a fact.

As is your country francois, as is yours.

Judging from history we did. Or am I missing the global ZULU empire?

Let me know next time someone gets jailed for tweeting islamophobic crimethink or for owning a knife
Fucking brits with autistic lack of self-awareness I swear

How is it a fact? The US was basically a dominion, more or less, that decided it didn't want to be part of the Empire. That's all.

Even after the Spanish-American War, we had a gentelman's agreement that the UK could run the old world and the US could run the new world and we wouldn't step on each other's toes too much. How do you blame the US for losing that kind of pole position in the world?

How’s the 2015 Paris attack holding up? I heard people are still in hospital.

I’m talking about post ww2. American foreign policy was to dismantle British power and empire.

>An official with the Department for Exiting the European Union told BuzzFeed
>Buzzfeed
Sure.

How do you come to that view? I see WWII as the next attempt at reuniting the Empire via the UN (replacing the moribund League of Nations) in order to establish united global dominance.

We now have a "special relationship" with both of us having a permanent seat at the UN security council, the UK is a nuclear power, holds the City of London Corporation (arguably still the financial capitol of the globe), on and on. The UK has nothing to lose but by its own foolishness.

Ok so we will have falling income from abroad, the financial centre will shift to frankfurt and Paris, the tax revenue stream will be smaller, the social security net that is already in trouble will be harder pushed as unemployment rises and the money is not there to support it, and the trade deals with the rest of the world take years to implement and are on shittier terms than the ones we had with the EU - plus all our Eu customers gradually find Eu suppliers who need not worry about tariffs and compliance and who cost less, so our trade falls even more and the downward spiral on tax income and upward spiral on social security costs pass each other in a blizzard of broken promises and people on hospital trolleys not beds.

the 3350 million for the NHS? We already lost that much in fall of trade since the vote.

this will be a disaster, from one end to the other.

> WE WILL NOT BE HERE FOR YOU BONGS WHEN YOU LEAVE THE EU
LOL YOU THINK WERE GONNA CARRY YOUR INBRED PLEBS
> GOOD LUCK COMPETING IN THE REAL WORLD WITH YOUR OVERPRICED SLOP
HAHAHA CANT WAIT TO WATCH YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE ISLAND SINK INTO THE FUCKING SEA

t. we have Ireland in case you were wondering, faggots.

You are all so fucked it's delicious like watching pigs to slaughter.

GOOD LUCK LOL

Pretty sure US lost short term as well when they fought for their freedom.

I take the same view Powell did when it came to the USA. It was in their interest to end European imperialism. Or (((their))) who nose for sure.

In our age I don’t view you as an enemy, the challenge is won, and we have a different place in the world now. You are the global hegemon and it’s in our interest to see you remain as it, the alternatives are far worse.

A brief overview from wiki if you are interested:

“It was in Algiers that the beginning of Powell's distrust of the United States began. After socially mixing with senior American officers that he met and exploring their cultural views of the world, he became convinced that one of America's war aims was to destroy the British Empire. Writing home on 16 February 1943, Powell stated: "I see growing on the horizon the greater peril than Germany or Japan ever were... our terrible enemy, America...."[6]:75 Powell's suspicion of the anti-British Empire demeanor of the U.S.A. Government's foreign policy continued for the remainder of the war and into his subsequent post-war political career. He cut out and retained an article from the New Statesman magazine published on 13 November 1943 in which the American writer and diplomat Clare Boothe Luce said in a speech that Indian independence from the British Empire would mean that the "USA will really have won the greatest war in the world for democracy".

I hold no bitterness towards your people. We now find ourselves asbrothers in a united struggle against international forces.

The UK is proposing to pay the EU, currently. lmao.

The same bean counters promised mass nonwhite immigration would be good for the economy. 50 years later wages have stagnated, deficits have exploded, houses are north of 1 million in many major cities, fertility of natives is down, consumer and student loan debt is at record highs, over half the population couldn't cover a surprise $1000 bill

Because importing blue collar Poles to steal jobs from poor blue collar Brits is known to be a massive economic stimulus

Perfect!

All the debt. All that vunerability. The banks will thrive again!

People here are so cucked on the economy. Don't you realise most of the economic growth from the EU goes to owners of MNCs who lobby your governments into taking in mass migration for cheap labour.

We? From a meme flag? Not so fast, roach/poo

Yeah, well that was 1943 when people at large still had a better grasp of the dangers of internationalism. It should be normal to grow up here and elsewhere with a healthy historical distrust of the Brits.

And then from there, as you say, one can learn that there is plenty of middle ground where we can work toward mutual self-interest rather than some fake binary nonsense where we have to either be at war or in a state of eternal global collectivized utopia.

Freedom hurts

If the banks demanded sacrifices of virgins in front of the Eyjafjallajökull for the sake of the economy, I wonder how many retards would be offering up their daughters

Good for GDP dont you know!

In fairness, we would probably import many brown and black virgins for it. Then when there is enough of brown and black people to riot, white virgins would be included.

That is basically the system. We should be rioting.

So it's a surprise that if your enemies are out to hurt you, that they have multitude of ways to make you hurt?

EU and UK are basically negotiating about what kind of sanctions EU is going to impose on a peaceful democratic nation.

> poorhouses. cholera
These are not societal values. Of course housing, medicine and technology has improved since the Victorian era, but traditional values have been destroyed.

>We want access to the single market but not its upkeep.

lmao! The Brits will pay and they will be glad to pay.

Breddy gud mab

Yeah well if you have an evil empire like the EU that is pretty big economic area, then they really have no choice. You can't understand it, but we can, we had to capitulate to another evil empire for most of your existence, I'm sure we were glad to access that single market heh-heh.

Fucking inaccurate cartoon.
Northern ireland is part of the uk too.

>confusing access and membership