Americans who practice yoga contribute to white supremacy, Michigan State University professor claims

Americans who practice yoga contribute to white supremacy, Michigan State University professor claims

>fox news not fake news...

>Shreena Gandhi, a religious studies professor at Michigan State, claims in an article she recently co-authored that Americans who practice yoga are contributing to white supremacy and promote the “yoga industrial complex.”

>White Americans should learn yoga’s history, acknowledge the cultural appropriation they engage in and possibly reduce the cost of yoga classes for poor people, a group that often includes people of color and “recent immigrants, such as Indian women to whom this practice rightfully belongs,” Gandhi argued.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fLYJPWBqfD8
yogajournal.com/yoga-101/yoga-s-greater-truth
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>She co-authored the piece titled “Yoga and the Roots of Cultural Appropriation,” with Lillie Wolff, a self-described “anti-racist white Jewish organizer, facilitator, and healer,” who has called for “decolonizing” yoga, the College Fix reported.

>The two argued “the explosion of yoga studios, yoga video, apps, yoga pants, and other yoga swag over the last two decades is evidence” of the “(mis)appropriation of yoga” that “is part of systemic racism” built on “the labor of black people and people of the global south.”

>“We would argue one of the goals of white supremacy is to buffer white people from the pain that comes from the process of exchanging cultural grounding for the unearned power and privilege of whiteness,” they wrote. “...this modern-day trend of cultural appropriation of yoga is a continuation of white supremacy and colonialism, maintaining the pattern of white people consuming the stuff of culture that is convenient and portable, while ignoring the well-being and liberation of Indian people.”

If it ain’t white, it ain’t right.

Going off of this, could we tie any form of physical mprovement to white supremacy?

It would make the race war a metric shitte tonne easier when the opposition is struggling to catch their breath with every step.

>it's another "the left is eating itself" episode

getting /fit/ is redpilled

>and possibly reduce the cost of yoga classes for poor people
You know you can do yoga practically anywhere, right? Dumb bitch.

This fucking coondune should fuck off back to her shithole then if she doesn't like what white people do it's that fucking simple you dumb fucking niggers. sieg heil 14/88 boots on the ground RACE WAR NOW this is the shit that pushed me from being a limp normie to going to the gym every week buying a gun and joining a crew

>>Shreena Gandhi,

Poo professor, taking a page out of the nigger play book. Fuck her, what a dumb ass.

These liberal freaks should stop with this cultural appropriation bullshit, even if for the sake of nonwhites

Hey Hindi man, sorry but this is off the topic, what's bhai means? And is Salman Khan the ultimate Alpha in India?

Yoga is based and trains willpower and the body.

youtu.be/fLYJPWBqfD8

>fox news not fake news...
truly an endless summer

Well time to start doing yoga I guess

FILTHY GOYIM! STOP TRYING TO BE HEALTHY! JUST DRINK YOUR DIET COKE AND DIE!

Your stomach hurts, you need to poo.
But I won’t let you near the loo!
Begone from here, young Pajeet.
To the designated shitting street!

How the Fuck? It's like saying cycling is for Italian supremacists, or that the NFL is for niggers

I saw a pic where they argue about this on the commie reddit boards
>we should encourage fitness so we can smash the fash
>that's problematic and ableist and studies show that getting too buff can make you right wing
They literally talk about this. This is why they need strength in numbers. Notice how at every event every right wing guy is like 6" taller and like 50 pounds heavier then any of them. Beta manlet uprising confirmed.

>Beta manlet uprising confirmed.
dont coax /r9k/ into showing us up again

Isn't yoga actually a 19th century Sweedish fitness system that was repackaged as an ancient Indian art for marketing purposes?

Bhai = bro
Salman once said he's a virgin and that was so memed over and over he became king of beta males,but some people unironically worship him

oh wow, it looks like you're right. yogajournal.com/yoga-101/yoga-s-greater-truth

remember when people were happy when other people liked their culture ?
When an american eat snails it puts a smile on my face

How do I cook them?

White people breathing == racist

Isn't Prominent Homosexual Richard Spencer going to Michigan in March?

>rightfully belongs
let's play this game. i'll go without yoga and curry. you go without electricity, airplanes, computers, etc. stop appropriating my culture.

>tfw live above yoga studio
>tfw all the chicks are apolitical or typical single liberal college student

Sure thing.

>Indian women to whom this practice rightfully belongs

yfw poo in the loo professor forgets that yoga was originally only for men

>reduce the cost of yoga classes for poor people,

>go on youtube
>find yoga channel
>do yoga for free
>???
>profit

No it isn't. You we wuz autists keep saying that but yoga goes back in India to before christ.

alot of butter and garlic.

>being healthy and fit is now right wing in Muttland

lmao i'm sure someone mentions that they could get guns and is immediately told that guns are evil.

nah. thats Wehrsport and that was in Europe for purposes of trimming Young men for Military Service. Was forbidden after WW2

Yoga induces demon possesion.
It teaches the false enlightment that comes from the light bearer and sends you to hell. I'm all for banning that crap

This is completely off the hook.

> cheaper yoga classes

WTF, buy a book or watch yoga lessons on youtube

>cultural appropriation

The only nation that should be allowed to drive cars should be the Germans, while for flying in an airplane you need to be an American.
Indians also shouldn't poo in the loo - that's what streets are for.

We could troll them in to being super fat

I will definitely kill you, Evil Raj, but wait until I and my 40 elephants would dance