youtube.com/watch?v=eDx7l_XyIo4
pepperanon.blogspot.com/2016/08/nekojiru-udon-needs-editor-to-assist.html
youtu.be/5uC4AUyju7k
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/752760
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pretty popular in china and korea
not so much in japan

Japanese South Park

would you eat a clinically depressed neko?

yes

yamerooooooo

Now I guess from where Ougi got her edginess from.

it's creepy

SOPA

I think the creator made some good life choices.

didn't they an hero?

Yes. Joking aside, I really like the OVA. Wish I could find more surreal anime like that.

PROPERLY JAPANESE

RAPE OF NANKING UNIT 731 JAPAN IN A HELLO KITTY COSTUME

it's pretty unnerving

check out Mind Game, Tatami Galaxy, and Kaiba
also Mononoke, Le Portrait de Petite Cosette, Genius Party 1 and 2, and Memories (1995)

but mostly Mind Game

I've seen all of them except Le Portrait de Petite Cosette. I'll check it out. Thanks.

i like the experimentation and unusual subject matter but unless im missing some super deep symbolism or something its ultimately just a bunch of lil kids being cruel assholes.

is this literally cat soup?

I wish more of the manga got translated.

UMA DELICIA

It's fun.

The OVA was great, though I'm not a big fan of surrealism.

Fun stuff

Mind Game's a lot more crazy and energetic than Cat Soup. I think something like Angel's Egg fits the hazy, dream world vibe a lot more closely.

So, his husband is still publishing Cat soup?

Holy shit I didn't know there's was an anime adaptation of 27 ep.
I only watched the OVA

youtube.com/watch?v=NkvMH3evTcI

I love it

Reaping in the royalties, I suppose.

Why is no one translating this? It looks great.

Actually, it predates south park roughly two years.

I think the Yuasa OVA is good but it's not even close to being my favoriet Yuasa thing and it feels like it takes itself a bit too seriously. Actually I think a lot of people took Nekojiru too seriously; the shit about how "avant garde" she was from some Japanese critic in one of the volume releases just seemed very pretentious and annoying given what a simple "shit fart fuck this gay earth" tone the manga has.

It's a fucking great tone that I relate to as a brokebrained sociopath loser.

[spoier]I know, "fuck Tumblr", and yeah that's true but it's the only place where you can find translations for some of her stuff[/spoiler]

I wish someone would finish translating the old series first.

>it feels like it takes itself a bit too seriously
I didn't feel that at all while watching the OVA. The dialogue is so limited I don't understand how you could think that.

How many chapters are translated on batoto?

I think the Yuasa OVA is good but it's not even close to being my favoriet Yuasa thing and it feels like it takes itself a bit too seriously. Actually I think a lot of people took Nekojiru too seriously; the shit about how "avant garde" she was from some Japanese critic in one of the volume releases just seemed very pretentious and annoying given what a simple "shit fart fuck this gay earth" tone the manga has.

It's a fucking great tone that I relate to as a brokebrained sociopath loser.

I know, "fuck Tumblr", and yeah that's true but it's the only place where you can find translations for some of her stuff

Only 11

Yeah that's only Vol. 1, apparently the entirety of vol. 2 was translated as well but nothing came of it.
pepperanon.blogspot.com/2015/10/additional-editor-needed-nekojiru-udon.html

youtube.com/watch?v=eDx7l_XyIo4

and again
pepperanon.blogspot.com/2016/08/nekojiru-udon-needs-editor-to-assist.html

What was that other Tumblr that translated Nekojiru's works? I can't find it anymore, was it deleted or something?
sorry, fixed muh typoed spoiler tag The OVA just has this "serious art film" atmosphere to it because it's meant to be this grand tribute to a dead artist but I think that kind of goes against the true appeal of Nekojiru's work.

Even if it came before South Park I think is accurate to an extent since it has a very similar deeply irreverent worldview of kids being assholes, nothing being sacred and the only way to deal with the horrors of the world and the horrors of your brain is to laugh at them.

For the record I have enjoynekojiru.tumblr.com which did her autobiographical journal comics but there was another one that did more Nyako & Nyatta stories.

I'd help out with the typesetting, but I guess that's not what they need.

edgy shit

t. MOESHITTER

I only watched the OVA .... that poor pork

FUCK PIGS

Butaro is essentially the Kenny of this series.

i always thought the pig was a synonym for non-japanese living there (koreans, chinese, ainu)

>Jap humour
Into the trash

Is it possible to find the raws somewhere?

youtu.be/5uC4AUyju7k

I found this
nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/752760

oh yeah i forgot about that. based nips

No one was seeding it, but thanks to the filename I found it elsewhere.