Has the Large Hadron Collider (LDC) ever produced any value for the countries that run it?

Has the Large Hadron Collider (LDC) ever produced any value for the countries that run it?
Should the USA build one bigger to actually make impactful discoveries to humanity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e0vu-jQWCZo
youtube.com/watch?v=atG3H3rTTsI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Despite how many ways Sup Forums can provide examples in which science and government have been linked historically and theoretically, science doesn't recognize politics by and large. The large hadron collider is a laboratory for scientists from all over the world.

What discoveries have been made from that $14 billion piece of equipment?

As to the usefulness of the discoveries made there, they're attempting to understand things that could potentially revolutionize everything. What does that mean? Think about science fiction. Many of the things that were once only science fiction have become reality today, but there's so much more we don't yet understand. Understanding the fundamentals of the construction of an atom, or what particles are created when a singularity is produced for a billionth of a second in a controlled environment may seem too minute to be productive at first glance, but building an atomic bomb didn't start with the idea of blowing something up. We never even knew we could make a bomb like that before discovering the atom. The discoveries from CERN will be foundational information for future technologies. Maybe something big in our lifetimes will happen. Maybe not.

Current discoveries? I don't know. Particles and such.

Future discoveries based upon the things discovered at CERN? Science fiction. Who knows?

As "going to the moon/mars" was/is inspiring to the world and drawing interest into STEM, it seems like the LDC is a lost cause.

I can only assume that discoveries are being made but they appear to do nothing to share/market it to the masses.

It's been around since 2008 and it seems they have nothing to show for it.

Yeah build a bigger one so you can collide your mutt genes harder

Unironically, Donald should get a Hadron Collider built under the Wall.

You simply don't know enough about it, and you expect too much too soon. Do some research about the discoveries at Fermilab and Argonne first, then hit CERN and you will see that the grand scale of that laboratory is intended to expound upon the discoveries of the previous two. Nuclear power came from its predecessors. There aren't any more wheel-type inventions to come about by accident any more. Future discoveries and technologies will come from the work done at the sub-atomic level at CERN and those that come after it, undoubtedly consuming vast resources and inspiring protest about their usefulness.

Dark Matter, Black Holes, Higgs-Boson Particle.

they aim to create -100% mutt

the higgs fucking boson... possibly one of the most important particles ever discovered in physics. If they didn't find the higgs boson, we'd have to go back and re-write about 40years of science and start over.

>expect too much too soon

For example, it took 2500 years for the theorized atom to be split. We're much more informed now and have better equipment, but we'll need it. The basics have pretty much been covered.

>Investing $13.25 billion into "Who knows"

There are much better opportunities for return on real science than this. This is something else all together. Imagine if coded into our DNA there was a regulator. Once we got too advance we'd eventually discovery how to control gravity in a way that makes half of the planet fly off into space.

This is a wild goose chase. Black holes and the big bang can not coexist. The truth to the universe is electricity youtube.com/watch?v=e0vu-jQWCZo

All you dumb niggers don't know shit.
Those colliders are a portal to all fucking hell
Didn't you fags ever play Doom?
And also why is there a fucking Shiva statue at CERN.
Shiva being a death god I think.
Also if some user was to post the link to the ritual there, it would be nice

Ah, so it's some hermetict, occult bloodline shit?

The biggest problem is that it discovered what it was supposed to discover way faster than they thought it would, so now its kind of a solution looking for a problem.

youtube.com/watch?v=atG3H3rTTsI
What do you think

>If they didn't find the higgs boson, we'd have to go back and re-write about 40years of science and start over.

oh no

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
>Discovered on July, 4th 2012

Alright alright, that makes sense.

C
H
E
C
KEK
E
D

Dont expect a rational discussion of hard science on Sup Forums. Its going to be 49% conspiracyfags spouting nonsense, 49% stupid people spouting scifi tropes because they think it sounds smart, and 2 frustrated guys who actually get it being shouted down by everyone.

Unity theory is of the utmost importance to unlocking everything from quantum computing to even possibly enabling FTL travel some day.

We arent just going to suddenly have that tech out of nowhere, its like figuring out air posessed weight in the 1700's eventually leading to the study of aerodynamics and producing gliders in the late 18th century and eventually airplanes in the 19th century. It took 300 years from some guy first going "hey, air has mass" to actually meaningfully exploiting it. You have to start somewhere, cant just wait around hoping things will discover and invent themselves.

I unironically really love doom story/theme.

>like they'd tell us anything of value
The only eye-raising snippet of information leaking out of CERN was the tacit admission they'd made Lumion manifest. Luminon is an element predicted by Alchemy and under normal circumstances is excluded from our mis-shapen universe. What exaclty this means is anyone's guess, but if they are able to bend the localized Universe into it's "perfect" alignment that's pretty impressive.

delet this

So yeah. In summary they built the LHC a little too good and something they thought would take a decade to figure out turned out to be way easier than they thought.

There IS an actual direct benifit towards the direct study of quantum particles. Fusion energy. Until now weve mostly looked at fusion as an atomic process when it is in fact a quantum process. Trying to achieve sustained fusion reactions without understanding whats happening at the quantum level is like trying to hammer a nail with a sledge hammer. Inefficient, inaccurate and more effort put in than benifit coming out. A ton of the LHC staff and research is being diverted towards studying fusion energy. Theyre applying some of the lessons they learned from the LHC regarding high energy particles and powerful magnetic containment fields to trying to apply a bit more finesse to the fusion energy production field.

>Has the discovery of the Neutron ever produced any value?

>Has the discovery of Gravity ever produced any value?

You can't shit on discoveries before you know their implications decades down the line.

Massive lol. "0" does not exist, 0 spin of anything does not exist.
Truth
Reminder to all you retarded particle believers that the LHC only works because of electricity and magnetism.

Hell Interface . You have been warned

>bro this particle that lasts for 1/1000000000 of a second is totally going to change the world!
>also i believe everything just came from a little ball that exploded and there was no time or space before that

>image how many poor refuges can you feed.

Bernstein or Berenstain Bears ?

I wonder if the device you posted this from uses any electricity from a nuclear site. Because the irony would be exquisite.

Electricity IS particles moron. Its electrons with varying charges (positive and negative energy levels)

>Electricity
>Semiconductors
>Plutonium
>Integral Calculus
>General Relativity
>Wave-Particle Duality
>Electromagnetic Waves
>The Fucking Transistor

All useless when discovered. All totally fundamental in our day-to-day lives now.

Well except Plutonium but it is pretty badass nonetheless.

The collider is just the tip of the iceberg in this field of research, it could be 50 years until it bears fruit. It may lead to nothing. At least they can rule it out.

Bro they already discovered what they set out to discover with it back in 2012. You guys need to read more news.

>field of research

user, ya gotta read the fucking posts.

Why science when we could pump that money into Africa

>billions of dollars to build a boner collider

"Muh science" shills will defend this.

>Higgs boson
Modern science is complete fraud this particle probably doesn't even exist , this is like when those climate scientists make shit up to justify their comfy neet lives with huge wages

The Higgs-boson lol read some more you cuck.

You are posting on an invention of modern science using tech developed by modern science that was enabled by discoveries in the field of physics in the 40's and 50's.

Or is the internet fake too?

We had a much bigger stronger and badass one being built in Texas but the fucking nosciencers killed it. Superconducting supercollider. Dumbass

Actual science ended in the late 60s everything from then on is meme science and fraud

>Investing $13.25 billion into "Who knows"
That's an unfair assessment. I'm not an authority on the subject of what they've achieved so far, no am I an expert on what's possible. What do you think "real science" is, user? Perhaps your definition is simply being defined by your ignorance of the subject as a whole.

That's just sad. Fuck those idiots.
Nice as the right is it really, really, really needs to fuck off boomer tier creationist religious morons in the USA.

Silence brainlets

It's helped pin down some physical constants, confirmed some theories.

>For example, it took 2500 years for the theorized atom to be split.
Not quite, what they called atoms back then is more like electrons etc., truly indivisible stuff.

Fucking hate luddites. They come crawling out of the wood-work any time something they dont understand is going on.

>WHY ARE WE PAYING FOR THIS BULLSHIT!
>gets catscan
>SCIENCE JUST WASTES HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY FOR NO REASON AND DOESNT BENIFIT ANYONE!
>Takes antibiotics
>WHAT HAS PHYSICS EVER DONE FOR ME ANYWAYS!
>Uses electricity
>SCIENTISTS ARE A BUNCHA FRAUDS AH TELLS YUH WHUT!
>Posted on the internet with a computer

Lol watts bar I worked there for 5 years.

>Has the Large Hadron Collider (LDC) ever produced any value

>can't divide electrons

I think you can if you get to levels of heat off the scale, like to the point where physics "breaks".
But I'm just showing off my binge watching of science docos now......I know what you mean.

How exactly do you think we think it works, user?

Well how much is the World Wide Web worth?

Because it's just one of the spin off techs from CERN

>AH TELLS YUH WHUT

Keep Hank out of this you cunt.

Found the christian fundamentalist

America already has a bigger one, they just never finished it. Pic related. It's in Texas, I think.

I’m getting sick of all the loser talk one been reading lately when it comes to science. We should do this shit because we can.

should america maybe do something real with their money instead lose billions to israel and black budget

It produces the Mandela effect by destroying universes.

Nobody asked Australia for it's opinion on science. Go chuck a flaming stick into the brush you fucking abbo. The list of scientific advancement that has reached the consumer level since the 60s is astronomically long.

The vast majority of progress since first theorized has been in the last hundred years, too. The point was that progress takes time.

how much did it cost to finally reach the moon, including alll previous attempts at space travel?

how much did it cost before we perfected air travel

the combustion engine

mathematics

the wheel

etc

as we move further towards unlocking the deepest secrets of science, the costs are just going to grow and grow due to the specific need for tinier and tinier margins of error. Precision costs and the more precise, the exponentially more expensive things get.

you don't get to become a type 1 civilization by accident... otherwise the niggers really would be like marvels wakanda.

>why are we funding this science shit
>hey we gonna need a couple trillion to bomb some middle eastern country

NO! Stop! The timeline cannot change anymore than it has already.

>US contributors to humanity

Couldn't even fly to Moon.

>only SERN can make the higgs boson happen
>trusting this as "science"

IT ALL MEMES SCIENCE IS A RELIGION, go against it and you get excommunicated,it all a giant cabal where only those with wealth and privileged can give you discoveries, and all they give is a white paper with fake stats

jesus fucking christ, go back to plebbit you fucking worthless hysterical soyboy. everyday i'm closer and closer to just killing people like you without a single hesitation - you contribute NOTHING to the world except spite and then have the little tiny balls to claim its the rest of the world that's "divisive". You fucking nigger, I'd torture you to death

>Complaining about something that doesn't yield results which can immediately be applied in industry and production
Why are people like this?

Im from the west, hank hill is NOT the only guy who says that. Basically any anti-tech anti-science moron is at thier core just trying to cover up that theyre not intelligent enough to understand it by declaring it fake, or inventing wild confabulated conspiracy theories.

It lets them pretend to be more intelligent than any of the "sheep" without actually having to read a book.

As Dr Keshe said, its a bunch of hocus pocus! Same thing as the space station.

God particle.......hahahhhahahahhahahaha......Elon Musketel........, hahhhahahahahahhhaaaaaaa!

superconducting super collider > large hadron collider

Pretty much none. Now they are saying that the collider would need to be much bigger to produce meaningful results.

Normally I am all pro-science but CERN seems to be as much of a scam as the Paris Climate Pact.

So whats happened to it?

You know what is fucking depressing to look at?
Industrial/engineering stuff that's been abandoned.

Show me a graveyard and I'll think "yeah, sucks, that's life".
Show me pictures of fallow space ships like in Russia, or the largest borehole in the world (it's just in the middle of nowhere, no signs, no nothing) or....and this is my favourite, the guys who went into the USA ship graveyard and just found a multi million dollar vessel inside Howard Hughs Glomar Explorer and it's all just there unused.

That depresses me, real engineering potential which was once so fantastic and great then thrown away.

one big con to steal wealth

Uh oh. Somebody got triggered. Need a safe space sweetie?

I'm not smart, was I wrong? Is the unfinished Texas thing different to the Swiss thing?
I don't even science...

>apex of US science

if i recall right, it ran out of budget

What?

>SCIENCE IS A RELIGION

Oooooohhhhh. You're an idiot. I get it.

Its not profitable and it wont be, AI is much better to invest that money

can you prove gravity? It's a theory and has NOT been discovered

It would have had about the same capabilities only a few decades earlier and a few billion cheaper. The anti tech and anti science luddites shut it down so we could afford more important shit like firing million dollar missiles at mud huts or food stamps for unemployed niggers.

Then by all means test it by jumping out your window.

>believing and having faith some upper echelon of jews is tell you the truth about something that you yourself cannot do independently, but only their inner circle can reproduce.

>e guys who went into the USA ship graveyard and just found a multi million dollar vessel inside Howard Hughs Glomar Explorer and it's all just there unused

That's a logical fallacy, friendo. Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

I wonder how much it'd cost to finish if a private investor got involved...

Particles don't exist and most everyone that gave you the electrical grid you use today said so (Except Albert Einstein who was actually just visiting in this picture because he was too stupid to work here). It's change and pressure mediation.

I think it would be hilarious for one of you QM quacks to try and explain how electricity works, then we can move onto light and let the real shit show begin
(hint, neither of them move and the "speed of light" is a rate of induction).

Also If I build a bigger LHC with more powerful halbach arrays, will I also get a bigger and better biggs bosom particle with more "0-spin"?

nothing has come of it and nothing ever will. CERN is one of the biggest hoaxes of our lives, just like 9/11 and the fed reserve.

>Its not profitable and it wont be
dumbass

We had a bigger one called the Superconducting Supercollider. Fucking Clinton cancelled it because he thought we didn't need to compete with Russia for prestige in science any more. He was a cuck, basically. The Higgs would've been a discovery for America if not for him. He probably just spent the money on corporate welfare anyway. Fuck Bill Clinton.

Anyway, it's a better use of money than welfare.

They never discovered it. They looked at a bunch of math and interpreted it in a way that confirms their bias.

I think the unifying force of nature more closely resembles the electromagnetic force than this convoluted Rube-Goldberg contraption that they've dreamed up to continue patching their outdated theories to match with the most recent observations.

"Oh shit, the observed matter doesn't match up with our calculations for how gravity works! It's all spinning too fast and accelerating!"

So then they come up with dark matter and put it anywhere they want to make their equations work, and dark energy to explain the acceleration. Singularities and super-dense things like neutron stars help, too. It's all a fucking fraud.

Dont think he wont. I grew up in a fundamentalist/revivalist cult that no shit legitimatley took the bible verse "whosoever has but a mustard seed of faith can move mountains" literally.

No shit, there I was age 12 with a bunch of hyper-religious freaks concentrating and praying furiously at mountains trying to make them move because if we couldnt that meant we didnt really believe in god.

I also remember being instructed on how to walk on water one day, which obviously only didnt work because we werent faithful or worthy enough. Also everything is demons and anything you do wrong is symptomatic of posession so its important to regularly host group exorcisms over stupid shit like headaches or the common cold.

This was in a 1st world modern nation. Never underestimate the power of stupidity and backward thinking.

phallacy comes from word phallus

Have any arguments ? thought so...

Whole brain emulation would be much better way of spending money

Funny. It can be measured.

They bring in huge amounts of money. I've worked at Fermilab for a bit doing contracting work. Drug companies literally pay millions to use the particle accelerator for just a week or so. It's crazy.

Not sure if LHC auctions off usage time though.

>inb4 physics hating niggers shit up this thread

It is in the benefit of the white race to invest in science. People who disagree are jews over concerned with (((finances))) and low IQ retards who don't appreciate discovery.