Created a VBS Script to Task Reminders of the SOTU

I made this VBS script and pasted it onto all the computers in the house, and created a new task with the Windows Task Scheduler for a one time run about 7 minutes before Trump is set to speak.

>Here's the script code:

Set objVoice = CreateObject("SAPI.SpVoice")
Set objFile = CreateObject("SAPI.SpFileStream.1")
objFile.Open "C:\Windows\Media\Windows Critical Stop.wav"
objVoice.Speakstream objFile
x=msgbox("President Trump's first S.O.T.U. Address is about to be broadcast. Please tune in to MAGA. Thank you." ,4096, "MAGA")

4096 means the display window will pop up over any window and has to be acknowledged for it to stop running.
Change the sound to any .wav you like, or delete everything above "x=msgbox" for a 'silent' display.
If you've ever looked at VBS scripts, you'll find it's near impossible to come across 'clean' scripts, much less with playing a sound without opening a player. This can be used as a template to create alarms and reminders (or pranks) with the Task Scheduler. Enjoy.

I figured no one would give a shit kek

I would be more impressed if the script installed a timer and displayed the message box 5mims or so before the SOTU.

You need to have it open the web browser with the stream

I wanted anyone to be able to do it without installing anything 3rd party, so it's using the built in windows clock; it's possible to add a display countdown inside the window with a few extra lines of code, as for displaying the message, that's why using the Task Scheduler to display at whatever time you like is optimal.

You have to be 18 or over to post on this website.

Like nigga just go turn on the tv? White ppl lmao

Checked.
I thought about it opening the 'default browser to hyperlink xyz' but I specifically made it for me as I'll be playing a game with some overseas friends, and wanted a mildly disruptive display, not a task switching action.
(Also belated check)

Kek I only have internet so I needed a nerd solution.

Born in '82, faggot.

>being way over 30 and still on Sup Forums

Best place to get news and hear other opinions. You're retarded if you think the chans are for a small age bracket. I'm an oldfag, been here a long time. I love you bongbro...I'm not going anywhere.

VBS? jesus christ dude at least do it in powershell

>being proud of being a newfag
I've been here since I was a teenager in 2005. Now that I'm over 30 I'm supposed to leave because some newfag says so?

Gotcha. I was thinking of straight vbscript rim from Windows. Some of the stuff I write at work does that. In timed intervals or at preset times it does stuff

More geezers here than you think.

HUH?

I know, I know. I'm stuck in my ways and refuse to upgrade from Win 7, so VBS still does what I want (for now). Won't be long before I'll have to powershell everything. Thickheaded and stubborn, I'll drag my feet and bitch along the way.

Came here to post this.

At least I'm not a fucking Q-fag boomer. Gotta give me that!

I honestly thought that would be the first dozen posts kek

So whats it do?

>tfw don't understand the electronic jew witchcraft

>vbs
>not using powershell or something not made of rancid dogshit
pls go

>powershell
>not made of rancid dogshit

The pic in the OP shows what it does, it just brings out a pop up that the user has to click away. (Won't work on anything above Windows 7)

Bit of an odd sentence. wasn't implying powershell wasnt dogshit. just meant the retard needed to at the very least move on.

Doesn't VBS stand for Visual Basic Script?

>not using an alarm clock

>not having a tv

internet was a mistake

Oldfag checking in. Now get off my lawn!

Go back to Sup Forums with your trash VBS.

Interesting bit you need a short and sweet what-is-this-exactlyy at the top of your post. This falls into tldr territory

That I do.
Yes.
I have a 52in with a computer hooked up to it, so I do have TV. I don't have cable/satellite. (and yes it was.)
Checked.
That's what the OP pic was for.

So you wrote a visual basic script script?

Yeah (not everyone knows what VBS means, but they may know to just copypasta scripts to notepad, and I think VBscript looks retarded).
Outdated and mostly useless, but that's what I done did.

>script kiddie
>too stupid to watch the live stream on the white house youtube channel
>mfw

See >I specifically made it for me as I'll be playing a game with some overseas friends, and wanted a mildly disruptive display
My buddies decided to go to a bar, so I've already got a stream up. If I was playing a game like I originally planned, this would have worked for me perfectly.

> Windows

Hahahhaha he love the computer jew

Be a real man and wipe that with Linux