The Mapuche were finally added to Civ 6. I can't believe it took this long, they're a cornerstone of human society

The Mapuche were finally added to Civ 6. I can't believe it took this long, they're a cornerstone of human society.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incas_in_Central_Chile
rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/05/civilization-vi-cree-nation-cultural-representation/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good, the lack of Americas civs has really been fucking with my TSL Earth games.

Oh yess, they deserve the recognition.

If any of you want to know more about the Arauco war and the birth of Chile, read "La Araucana" by Alonso de Ercilla y Zuñiga. Peak spanish poetry.

I'd rather have the Inca or Mayans again.

>Rape and pillage for 300 years in mudhuts
>civilization
pick one

>2 Greeks
>2 Indians
>fucking BRAZIL
>NO PORTUGAL
200% mad, not gonna lie.

>Netherlands
>Nubia

fucking kek

>mapuche
didn't they get shit on by the Inca?

The Inca were imperialists, they conquered most of what is now northern Chile, but never could subjugate the Mapuches, they were met by considerable force and both sides fought to exhaustion. Neither could really claim "victory", but that stopped the Inca expansion further south.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incas_in_Central_Chile

>Mapuche
>Cree
>Kongo

>Civilization

This. We’ve been in CIV since III, and are the most important imperial power of the age of Discovery alongside the British, Spanish, French and Dutch.
Why the fuck are the Cree and godforsaken Georgia (no offense) there but we and the Maya & Incas are nowhere to be found?
What the shit Sid?

Portugal, Ottomans, and Byzantines are clearly the biggest snubs.

spain is in the game

Yes, so is England

Phillip II (who leads Spain) does mention that he's also king of Portugal.

Of course, but that is a copout akin to having the Queen of England mention she’s also the queen of Canada, Australia and America.
These are separate civilizations that fragmented quite clearly at a given point at where they became relevant.
Brazil is our U.S., an effectively separate nation of the modern era, while Portugal as a distinct ‘civilization’ is more evocative of the golden age of sail.
Further, if each Civ is even getting multiple possible leaders, then it seems even more absurd to compound certain empires together early on in release with such dialogue in a leader

Not that I mind Philip’s unique ability, mind you, I enjoy playing him (especially now that Arabs are less viable as a Religious/Domination civ) as I can go crusading except as the Christian side now instead of the moors

>No phoenicians
I weep

Civ 6 is garbage.

This.

Viva la Espana infidels.

Also, why no Israel?
Early religious advantages and later the Dome anti-missile shield system as a unique building or unit would be pretty fun.

Netanyahu - unique unit JIDF in the information era. Replacement for spies that nullify warmongering penalties from civilizations where they are stationed

Unique building Yad Vashem - receive 1% boost to faith and gold for every missionary unit expended to its last charge or killed

She is also queen of Scotland, however I am being autistic and agree with you overall. Hope Portugal gets in sooner or later.

Fuck off, they as a nation never really did anything major except added some religious flair on the world stage. Beside they should receive bonuses to coming back on the world stage after disappearing and gold in someway

Jerusalem is a city-state.

Where is Hitler

Civ 6 looks like ass, there is no core artistic aesthetic and the leaders look retarded. They have picked overall crappy leaders for their games and it feels like they are on the sjw hype train

I’m confident they will, though I admit that dialogue from Philip makes me doubt (would certainly make for a strange read when you met Spain while playing as Portugal later).

I also don’t get the choice of Japanese leader.
Why Tokimune, if the Hojo were a modestly prestigious clan with only temporary relevance?

Tokugawa was a more logical choice for a unified Japan CIV, on the one hand, and if we’re going for icônico characters, on the other, then the obvious choice would’ve been Nobunaga, or even Takeda

I really don’t know what they were thinking this time around. (lol at Teddy Roosevelt though)

Probably mods, they wouldn't add any white nationalist to the game series. Commies on the other hand is another story.

REEEE! DELET THIS!

I think it has to with being the first of "this" mentality that comes with the overall ideology. Being that one special person to make this first in whatever field or genre. It creates an appearance of progress while not helping anyone with anything.

(((Echoes))) ability: in every foreign city that has at least one population of your religion, receive half the city’s gold production.

Semitic Lobby ability: Established alliances cannot be broken except by your initiative.

Stalin and Mao Zedong have notoriously been overlooked in the past while Hitler for some reason has never been leader for Germany.

This would be fun, however I can't tell if you are larping as a mohamed as a portuguese or are larping as portuguese as a mohamed. Also should make so that alliances can be broke if another nation kicks out the jews but you can make another nation declare war on them if they do so

>Commies on the other hand is another story.

Only in the early 90s. Ever since, silence.

I have no ties with Portugal.....but Nubia? Georgia? Cree? Seriously?

Fucking 2 Greece AND Macedon? Come on Civ. Im so fucking tired of diversity.

That was only two games ago. Plus their is time lag from the affects of politics to commercial culture. Development periods can take many years and as such what was the rage at the beginning of development is stale and uncool at the end.

Woops, I’m a Barbosa larping as Mohammed. It was just for the ironic Israeli shitposting at first but then neglected to remove the meme flag.

Anyway, if this keeps going we might see a Nepal civ soon enough for diversity sake.

Or god forbid Wakanda as a Marvel tie-in scenario.

I've actually been waiting for Georgia and Nubia for a while personally. Never imagined that they put them in as retarded bitches though. Macedon is also retarded as Alexander was clearly greek and the slavs took the name after the fact because the ottomans and their provinces.

sadly they probably would or add in some other kind of stupid. Congo was probably the least justify civ they produced as nothing noteworthy has ever happen there and there has never really been a civ their other than when Belgium came there.

The inca where borderline op it was great for tsl where you could just grow like a fungus across the Americas

This

>Has Brazil
>Doesn't have Portugal
One literally fucking led to the other

The Congo always gets fucked in all my games. The ai strategy is to wait to be religiously conquered which usually is followed by military conquest.

But you can admit thats pretty niche right? I say make a Civ "all time" game and add all the states from every game. Tweak if necessary for fairness

Really getting sick of seeing this picture with Indonesia under Asia.

The irony of Civilization games is that the real great civilizations tend to be pre-built into the vanilla game, which means the more unique and interesting traits and playstyles go to the barrel scrapes and noble savages in the expansions.

It's been this way since Civ IV.

lol

Wait a bloody second you’re right, Shaka and the Zulu are gone
Maybe to avoid backwards traits and mockery as racist stereotyping, they instead went full Haile Selassie on us with ‘muh Kongo’. I’m surprised Ethiopia isn’t back, or even a new African civ under Nelson Mandela wrongly portrayed as Ghandi 2.0

In that case, here’s two unironic predictions: Vietnam (or Cambodia) as an Asian civ and an alternate civ leader for Egypt that is an ostensibly composited but technically plausible black pharaoh vaguely attributed as being from the 25th (Kushite) dynasty.

> Congo AI is a literal cuck

They better add A Rhodesian Civilization with Ian Smith as it’s leader. But they won’t do that cause muh Black People

Lucky, Congo and Egypt kicked my ass for the first couple of games.
True, but at least Nubia more than a thousand years of relevance on the world stage compared to the American Indians and South East Asia. They were essential Egypt's Carthage for most of antiquity.

I want Bashar al-Assad as an alt leader for Assyria with biological barrel bombs as a unique ability for aircraft

Mapuche were proud as fuck, and god damn good warriors.

But civilization owned them. Now, they are still proud, but is the only thing they have

>Poundmaker
Lol my cuzzin got lice from a buffalo hide carpet at a rehab named after him

The Zulu's haven't been around since Civ IV, they might still be added in later DLC.

They were in civ 5

Well, welcome to the modern world. If you haven't notice the civ development team has been picking out the least justify leaders/civs (one or the other) for half their line up with this current game. This I'm guessing is because it is add the title first to the game/genre. It little more than to pick an obscure subject out their ass to make them look smart.

I also really hope your predications don't come true for Egypt. Imagine the virtue signally we will have to deal with.

>Mapuche
>Civilization
Lmao.

Forgot pic

I don't really like civ I like shit like Victoria 2

Tamara was white

Implementing First Nations civs this late in the piece, into a game that involves colonisation and conquest, and then having those First Nations peoples have to succeed by conquest, is racist and problematic, apparently:

rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/05/civilization-vi-cree-nation-cultural-representation/

That's meant to be a tanned white girl.

LOL the mapuche used to rape conquistador commanders when they got them. the enemy loyalty bonus is completely in line with that historical reality.

You are a disgrace to chileans.

T. Chilean

>they see your dick

>3 Greeks
>2 Poos
>Lots of "literally who"s
And yet they leave out shit like Sweden, Portugal, Venice, etc. Dropped. Oh well, the Civ games are normie-tier garbage. If you want grand strategy, stop playing games for children and start playing EUIV and CKII