Dragon Ball francise: Movie Characters Edition

We discuss movie villains and characters in
> comparisons
> what-if's
> anything in between

Some movie characters aren't half bad but some are total garbage, by far the best movie character is Tapion

My favorite is Lord Slug. I dunno, I just dig the whole atmosphere in that movie, and I like the villain, Dragon Ball needs more evil namek guys.

As for characters, I thought their movie sucked, but I like Zangya and Boujack. Their story in Super Butoden 2 is actually more interesting than the one in the movie.

Dragonball mohawks look great. It's probably why I like Uub so much.

What if Majin Gohan?

Fusion Reborn is the best movieafter Battle of Gods and he is the best character.

That'd require toriyama to be a good writer to work.
He flanderizes his own characters by making them 1 dimensional as fuck
Goku is a battle crazed monkey
Gohan is a faggot nerd who doesn't fight.
that's the depth of their character.

>Gohan is a faggot nerd who doesn't fight.
Except he's back to fight now.

How would that even be possible?

Now, Majin Piccolo, that'd be a cool idea.

actually Gohan's saiyan blood was boiling with excitement in the last preliminary tournament round.

Gohan doesn't have any evil inside his heart.

Fuck you Pedro

Explain it. I mean tell me their story. I played it years ago and forgot what it was about.

that's what makes it so interesting.

i forget is this movie pre or post OOT? tapion is a blatant link ripoff i think

if only toryiama was smart enough to make this happen...

Yeah that's why he went out of his way to torture cell, that's how a pure kid behaves.

Majin Columbine.

Cooler is more or less the only DBZ movie villain
that has a motivation for what they're doing.
Avenging his father and brother by killing the fucker who killed them – restoring his family's pride.
Every other villain is doing evil stuff just because they're evil and don't give a fuck.

>Avenging his father and brother by killing the fucker who killed them – restoring his family's pride.
Except he didn't care for that shit

what is the limit that the dragon balls can be used to revive somebody. I rarely feel anything when people die in the show because most of them just come back anyway

>bio broly movie
>18 , trunks, goten, krillin

wonder if that was just some animator training?

>other broly movie
>videl kicks broly or sum weird shit

If you watch the movie, Cooler was actually very shocked about the death of his father.
It's true that he said he would've killed Freeza sooner or later, but the situation is more a principle of family honor.

in the end its about the fights not some sort of story continuity autists need.

This is the best dbz villain.

1. Garlick wanted to become immortal and conquer the world.
2. Wheelo wanted new strong body for his brain.
3. Thales wanted more strenght thanks to Shinseijuui fruits.
4. Slug wanted to terraform Earth and made his new starship out of it.
5. Cooler wanted what you listed.
6. In next movie Goku just happened to be on Namek where he mined for resources and energy so they clashed.
7. Androids were following their directives.
8. Paragas wanted revenge on Vegeta using the comet but all went to hell when his insane son met Goku.
9. Bojack and his gang were just bandits and murderers and after being released from prison wanted some entertainment.
10. Brolly woke up on Earth and started tearing shit apart searching for his nemesis.
11. Some stupid billionare wanted Satan to suffer using his Bio Humans and Brolly cells happened to be in his posession.
12. Accident in the Afterlife manifested in Janemba who was chaos and evil incarnate. He would tear whole dimension apart if he wasn't stopped.
13. Hoi wanted to release Hildegarn and conquer the universe.

As I see it every other villains are doing shit for a reason and not for the lulz. They have their objectives etc

BEGONE FILTHY MOE THOT

I agree with most of the things you listed. However,
some that I don't buy are: 4, 6, 7 and 11,
they are only evil because the plot demand them to be so.

Also Garlick wanted to avenge his father who lost to Kami over guardianship of Earth. Basically bad dude wanting to avenge other dude that wanted to do bad shit.

There is motivation in action of those fools. We could expand every point here looking at what happened in those movies and what villains told us. Maybe Bojack and his gang were doing it for shit and giggles but for example Thales and his band clearly wanted to become stronger at the expense of Earths energy.
And Brolly was just mentally unstable but he was nothing else than instrument of destruction in his father's hands.
Janemba was the only pure evil creature doing evil things because he didn't know any other.

He reminds me of someone.

Taipion?

Who?

What are your opinions on Bardock?

I think he is really cool and I wish we would have gotten more material with him. I'm just glad I can have him on my team in DB Fusions.

Fusion Reborn was my favorite movie. The animation was pretty unique and it had that good old Dragon Ball humor.

are you serious

Redneck android

Not him but I on the other hand loved this movies for the general idea with afterlife crisis affecting mortal world completely turning shit on the head and for the villain.
Janemba was one of the best villains in Dragon Ball imo.
He was a reality warper turning shit into weapons and being master of portals. Insane devil incarnate with formidable powers which would allow him to beat anybody up to that point in time. Gogeta didn't even waste time to obliterate him turning SSJ instantly and murdering the shit out of him with super attack.

Press "F" to pay respects for the latest victim of Super's effortless retarded writing

Goku and Gohan are treated as pure of heart outside of their Super Saiyan states. Which makes no sense, because they've both felt hate and anger before at people killing their friends.

No he was not. And Cooler was a bland as shit Frieza knockoff anyway.

Why didn't Piccolo or Vegeta sense Broly's power level when he went on a rampage in Movie10?