Electric attacks are weak

Why is electricity in anime always so weak?

Killua is one of the strongest in fact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pdZUk4lMSDA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

as much as i hate naruto, but didnt they have some strong lightning attacks

because its usually relegated to something that increases your speed.

Enel.

Fuckin thunder brothers, whiped out an entire army in one attack

So we got

>Kakashi
>Sasuke
>Enel
>Biribiri
>Pikachu

perhaps you just have shit taste and haven't really explored the medium enough to see that not all electric types are shit

that 1 user who spammed the I can go all night picture ruined me, now I can't unsee it

So weak compared to what? God like powers?

Water, wind, earth, or even fire (and fire is also kinda weak most the time, only in FMA it's as strong as it should be).

Most powers that in reality would be completely broken and capable of immediately killing a person are "weak" in anime because people in anime (or at least important characters) can generally survive bullshit that no normal human being would be able to.

forgot best boy

Too make sure that black male superhuman's always look inferior to their superior asian genes.

It's just a big old country full of racists OP...

>Biribiri
She's low-mid tier in Raildex.

In reference to those, who's a strong water/wind/earth/fire user in Toaru? or Pokemon or wanpiss or Nurutu or HunterXHunter that can beat
these + Killua?

Amazing how this guy was literally the most OP Character in the show until Marineford yet he got bitched so early cause "O MY RUBBER BODY"

Ejem......

OP hasn't seen enough anime just off the top of my head there's this girl.

Water is always the weak one.

Water is as strong in shonen as it is in real life though, maybe even more.

Electricity is far, far weaker than it is in real life. Fire is weaker than in real life too, most of the time, but not as much as electricity.

And then this woman who in rebellion was fighting like 5 on 1 and still didn't really get beat. So yeah, thunder is plenty strong in anime.

Goddamn. I thought I had done a pretty good job of purging Inuyasha from my memory but that gif takes me back.

>in anime
It's a common trope across all media in all regions that electricity is "fast but weak", when in fact it should be both fast and strong. Although Killua's as actually pretty strong. Being able to paralyze a royal guard would probably be the equivalent of killing a normal person.

It only takes a few milliamps to fuck you up. The voltage needed to form electrical arcs like the ones those anime characters use would guarantee that the their targets would die instantly anytime they use them. The arcs themselves would be enough to burn and permanently blind them. Electric attacks are way deadlier than guns, so of course they had to be nerfed beyond recognition.

Yep. That's my point. In anime, the deadliest electricity gets is "frying" you.

Probably because humans can create electricity by accident.

Who is your favorite pikachu?

Gash

This.

One of the many things Gash Bell did right was do justice to electric attacks.

Hei and his collarbones are the sexiest.

Who cares? It looks cool.

Lum-chan and Gash.

why would you want to?

How much semen does an oni have to consume to generate all that electrical power?

I hope he comes back one day

What about Chinese Electric Batman

Kind hard to judge if it was really "weak" here since she only fought broken tier characters aside from Soi Fon

I remember that a friend's father was given a job where he had to build some kind of cage around an electrical transformer, because cats went there to stay warm and they ended up being dust by a voltaic arc hit.

he didn't even have armament haki

>Why is electricity in anime always so weak?

- looks very flashy and dangerous
- gets used a lot since it's something dumbass kids can't easily try to emulate (how often do you see kids' material have people shanking each other etc.)
- mostly causes damage that's non-visible = exactly as strong as the author wants, so it can simultaneously seems threatening from an antagonist but doesn't cause suspension of disbelief to break too badly when a protagonist tanks a shot (MOSTLY THIS)

None. They use that electricity to induce semen production in their mates.

Until they reveal the Water Logia in OP that is.

Better question is why elemental powers overall is weak in anime.
I mean when you get down to it, all elemental powers are outright broken.
Fire can control heat, a facet of energy control possibly magma
Lightning has all sort of applications ranging from pure lightning blasts, electromagnetism, control of appliances, another facet of energy control
Earth you have generating Earthquakes, controlling terrain, possible metal/mineral transformation and possible control over nature
Water you have the fluids inside people's bodies that you can either extract or control, you have the ever amazing ice subset, you can potentially invulnerability to all physical attacks with a water form and can potentially have control over hazardous fluids like acid.
Air you just say 'Goodbye breathing', create F5 Tornadoes, make wind barriers that deflect attacks and slice up anyone who comes near, control over sound, fly.
Yet sadly these kinds of things are never fully explored.

Fire is child's play.

>Arc burn. No contact is required with an arc burn as the electricity ionizes air particles to complete the circuit. The heat generated can be as high as 4,000 degrees Celsius - hot enough to vaporize metal and ignite a victim’s clothing.
versus
>When first erupted from a volcanic vent, lava is a liquid usually at temperatures from 700 to 1,200 °C

Fire is in fact not quite as deadly in real life as you would thnk.

a simple Faraday cage can nullify electric attacks irl
so in anime where there are so many super natural stuff, no wonder it is weak

Ice is the jobber element, not Electricity

A simple stone can nullify a bullet. A simple refractory brick can nullify fire. But a Faraday cage isn't going to do shit if the user has full power over electricity, considering how it is used in arc welding and plasma cutting. Besides, how is being trapped inside a metal cage a fighting strategy? Unless the thing acting as a cage is a tank.

Killua and Gash

Negi Springfield knows how it's done
Become the lightning

>water/wind/earth/fire user in Toaru?
The God Seats?

God's Right Seat aren't really "Elemental" though.

Same can be said for just about everything.

You are mixing you magnitudes as you can melt/burn even the best refractory bricks.

Also one interesting things are throwing salt at most materials including refractory brick acts as a powerful fluxing agent and can ruin your labs highest temperature furnaces, as secondary reactions dramatically lower the melting point. It is not hard to find such fluxing agents as many are basically just rust powder or table salt.

Don't be fucking retarded, logia users having a natural enemy was stated long before Skypea, you must have been brain dead retarded if you didn't saw that one coming.

A lot of people like in HxH use lightning as a limiter release on speed and reflexes, which I think is pretty cool. Bever felt lightning was under powered compared to other elements, they just usually aren't main characters.

Also: only the strongest firebenders can lightning bend... until it becomes routine for everyone because commercial profit

the hell is this and is it as cool as the picture implies?

Gash Bell/Zatch Bell
No, it's cooler

There's plenty of giant lasers in anime, OP.

Every "elemental" attack can be made as stupidly strong as the plot demands it by increasing the energy output or manipulating it in contrived ways. Wind users get away with making air blades that cut like nipponese steel folded a billion times, and fire users can sometimes do things that would require higher temperatures than inside any industrial furnace.

The point is that the gap between the lethality of electricity in anime and in the real world is bigger than for anything else. The low voltage on your wall socket could stop your heart and kill you in seconds, while anime characters take lightning strikes in stride.

Lasers are not electric

>what is blood bender

Broski you gotta read that shit.
They are right as hell, that manga is an amazing mix of comedy and drama.

Hei and Ginji

>Everyone is saying gash when he isn't even in the pic

Sup Forums can be so based sometimes lmao

>be able to channel lightning
>create weapon from said element
>give it to your friends ki brother to save his life
>kid can use your axe
>it's so powerful that even if he whiffs it will slice halfway through a mountain
>so devastating that it has the power to accidently kill allies if not used properly
>kid finds out why you only brought out the lightning axe when things got real

Also
>through your own rage and thunder, weapon can suck the life force out of every living thing in a sizeable radius

Shame we never got to see bluezam in action

Chinese Electric Batman

>Biribiri
>strong

>That whole chart
gg no rm.

>can melt 2 tons of gold in 1 sec
>can produce more heat than Sakazuki
>can't melt fucking rubber

fire in real life is fine as long as it'd not on you or everywhere around you

people who die in fires mostly aphyxiate

Because you can touch the ground and make most of the charge not even hit you.

The only time electric attacks are effective is when they hit flying opponents as they cannod redirect the enrgy somewhere else.

Hei, but Ginji can destroy them all if he's serious.

Imagine if Enel's awakening would be the control of electricity at molecular level, he could just implode everything he wanted.

Imagine if anyones awakening was anything at a molecular level, they could just anything everything they wanted.

Not at all. Doflamingo was and he could just transform things.

i browse hours for cleavage and downblouse but you casually found a downblouse pic that is related to electricity and use it on a animeboard

There's only one real choice here.

It's not fair to compare her to the bullshit above her.

Kirin is stronk

Best pikachu.

>Killua is one of the strongest in fact.
Lolwut?

In the hxh universe, it at least acts like real electricity.

The Shit? Touching the ground makes you the closest conduit to ground the charge. You could redirect it by ensuring the path to ground isn't across major organs, but it's still going to suck.

Objects in the air are largely more resistant to Electricity, because the charge has nowhere to go (assuming. The Object in the air will just stay at the same phase as the charge, and nothing happens (Assuming there isn't enough voltage to bring it back to ground). Go look up how Linesman work with Helicopters.

Summary: Touching ground when getting shocked is about the worst you can do.

Air is a great insulator.

The fact that she was able to survive in the first place proves that she is indeed stronk.

Don't speak ill of my waifu.

But yeah, damn shame really, anime needs a Sub-Zero.

Don't want to talk shit about best girl, but Ice powers are always underwhelming and prone to losing

It seems to be said in general, not just in the hxh universe.
You know, even Mikoto can do this. Real lightning, real speed. And this is her "normal form". There is one that is tens to hundreds to thousands++ of times stronger than this. But Mikoto is far-far away from the strongest electromasta.

The reason electric attacks are usually weak is because most writers don't really understand what electricity is, or how it works, plain and simple.

Thor

youtube.com/watch?v=pdZUk4lMSDA
>Even randoms survived this
Oda is a hack.

Being able to manipulate electrons like an anime, may you capable of manipulate atoms, i.e. matter control. But not all people knows of chemistry basics. So you got shitty explained powers.

Clear up, you also can watch at electric eels, they aren't ruling the world right now 'cause they're dumb as fuck and their habitat.

Don't try to explain anime shit, you bitch.

Hei I guess, but I do like Misaka.

There's a magic version of electricity too? Damn. Just how is Misaka going to match up?

She already has that covered.

Problem is most writers (and by extension their characters) aren't very clever or smart so the only use they come up for with electricity tend to be a generic energy blast, or stunning people.

How come electricity users never take advantage of the potential magnetic fuckery?

Don't know about the others but Mikoto uses magnetism all the time.

Because they don't know how to, or the author doesn't know how to, usually the author.