He keeps saying the economy is great, but I've been unemployed for 4 months. What gives?

He keeps saying the economy is great, but I've been unemployed for 4 months. What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

uber.com/drive/
lyft.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Boomer here.
Just go around and look for a job. You can't get a job sitting in your bedroom playing video games. Be sure to ASK for the job with a firm handshake. It's up to you.. it's easy to get a job, that is if you really want one.

stop being lazy fuck and either look harder or teach yourself some usefull skill, apparently you got internet so better yourself if youre not good enough

Are you actually looking for a job or holding out for something better?

This is unironically true

he thinks the stock market is the economy because he has a middle schooler's understanding of economics

what skills do you have? pranking mom and the senpai isn't a skill from the basement!

You can't just walk in and ask for a job anymore.

Currently looking for a college job atm, my dad tells me to go around every place and ask if they're hiring. Walk into literally 30 businesses, every single one tells me to go apply online. Honestly they probably think I'm retarded for actually walking in.

Just train as a welder in Ohio like that based black guy.

Assuming you're a NEET out of school it's probably too late for you to pursue further education.
Learn a trade and hate your life and stop being lazy.

Stop being lazy, contact your states department of labor and training

Literally just did that yesterday. Went in and asked the boss for an application. He gave me a call today and I start working Saturday. Are you just retarded or something?

To be fair though that is how the MSM treats it as well. They talk about how great the econpmy is because low unenployment and high stocks and then act baffled at low wages and sales reports.

maybe you are a uggo

History degree from Berkeley, so I have great research and writing skills.

Also ran a kitchen in the Summers.

I couldn't even land a job as a fry cook. Been called for one interview for a $24k a year job as a marketing assistant. I couldn't afford the plane ticket to go interview.

Where?

you are not great

> He thinks anything has changed or will change

Half the country lives at or close to the poverty level. The’re all in massive debt while the price off goods and rent keeps rising. Enjoy the so called “positive results.” It’s all going to unravel and the collapse is coming soon.

Why did you major in History for a marketing job.

You should've gone for something that could've gotten you a job instead of waving your intellectual dick around majoring in liberal arts.

because you're a piece of shit and a nigger.

>Berkley
Found your problem, Commiefornia impossible to compete with illegal labor

You can swing a hammer, right?
Quit pretending you have extremely limited options and go get a job.

Fuck you, OP. I was laid off from my job two weeks ago. Go visit a staffing agency too. Indeed.com is also all right. Shit isn’t going to fall into your lap. Rewrite your resume and make a LinkedIn.

Yeah unfortunately you need to train yourself to have skills that high schools do not give you (and Leftists basically control the education system).

Realistically, if you learn a trade that is in need (programming, electrician, welding, etc.) and you go to a networking event and give someone a firm handshake and ask about a job, you'll fucking get a job.

That’s because your a faggot neet cuck beta bitch

why are you applying for jobs that would require you to fly to the interview? there are businesses in your city.

instead of looking for a job look for work - you don't need to be a wage slave, some one needs something you can do, go sell your labor.

I cleaned cars for 5 bucks when i was 5 fucker, go hunt

You're a lazy faggot. That's what gives.

You must be fucking weird looking because they basically said no get out of here to you.

Sup Forums is literally BURIED in Trump Hate threads right now! LOOOOOL!!!!

LMAO I went to school in the US this past year and I got job offers everyday. I couldn't go anywhere without being offered a job. You don't know how good your economy is right now. If you can't get a job right now you're an idiot.

History major. Just kys

This.
If you have no skills, then nobody will want to hire you.

>He keeps saying the economy is great, but I've been unemployed for 4 months. What gives?

I was unemployed nearly 3 years before Trump got elected and now I've been cashing for over half a year

The ecomy _is_ growing at the moment, try to jump right back in user

Get up off your fat cunt and get out there

>History degree from Berkeley

Was being unemployed part of your plan?

kek where the fuck do you live m8
I can't find a place that isn't hiring where I live.

Just another Republican't. Can't wait for the next war to start.

You really think that boomer that’s been sitting on his comfy union job for the last 50 years actually did something out of his comfort zone?

>be 16
>boomer parents give me the whole "firm handshake ask for job" speech
>do it for restaurant
>manager isn't meeting people
>go back home
>parents tell me that I should insist on meeting the manager
>go back next day
>manager still isn't meeting people
>insist on meeting him
>start my speech about me working for his fine establishment
>he interrupts me and tells me that this is rude and you don't do this
>he's pissed obviously
>he says if I want to work for him I should submit a resume and just wait for a call
>he starts going off on the employee for telling him that it was important and that he shouldn't be bothered for stupid shit
>I leave before he can turn his attention back onto me
That was when I learned never to listen to boomers.
If you want a job, you either submit your resume, or work connections. Boomers don't know shit about the world.

Get a job you lazy neet fuck. I literally drive past 10 help wanted signs a day.

>with a firm handshake
I've sat in on job interviews as "worker". Just shake the persons hand, nothing throws up red flags to me than the "firm" handshake.

I'm doing my clinical rotations, and out of three weeks, have already had two of my week-long rotations offer me jobs.

SO MANY BIG NOSES

Where do you live? You can tutor Chinos for PSAT and SAT for 20 bucks an hour till you find something better. This would work in LA or Bay Area, just not central California.

The Obama economy is not going to last forever! If you didn't make time while things were good, you're fucked now. We're going to fall into recession when Trump's tax giveaway takes effect.

No offense Boomer, but your advice is like 40 years out of date. Every Boomer parent tells their kid this, and this happens This isn't the 1960's anymore, you're just going to get a weird look from a secretary.

Get a fucking job asshole

I got hired 4 months after trump got elected after hunting for 8 months

Black unemployment was so high because they have been working since slavary.

I literally walked to every business I applied for and talked with the manager.

I am now employed at Mcdonalds.
It is a start.

A local hardware store. I got tired of doing landscaping work.

i did it and while it got me nothing i did get a call back year later from a gyy looking for more techs

He sucks wall street cock.
He is part of the rich the tax cuts were made for.
He doesn't care about poors.

Holy fuck literally same

Get a job you lazy faggot.

>History degree from Berkeley, so I have great research and writing skills.
>thinking anyone would pay someone to do this

>Also ran a kitchen in the Summers.
>I couldn't even land a job as a fry cook.
I guarantee you've only searched for service jobs. Why in the fuck would you do that when they pay like shit anyway.

I've literally been doing this exact same thing. I started driving trucks at 20 bucks an hour no benefits locally and I would always ask house drivers about their pay and benefits. If they were better I would ask for an application or to speak to a manager. I've moved companies 4 times in 4 years and I'm now at 35 an hour with benefits.

Dude you set your self up to be a teacher or go to law school. Pick one or starve.

>8(Tues)

Love how your forgot that Obama also tripled Black Unemployment in his first two years. But yeah ... congratulate Barry O'Butthead on fixing some of what he fucked up.

I literally have no idea how anyone can be unemployed in this economy that he has created for us. Even the negros are getting jobs now thanks to Trump

Man, if your a Califag (like me) go Class A CDL trucking and growing 12 plants of weed to sell to dab resin/edible makers.
t.brainlet/collegelet who works 10 months a year and grows 12 plants (twice a year) that earns $81k, living rent-free with Grandma and has never earned less than $50k a year since 18 (I started as a pizza delivery driver, farmer's market transport and weed grower [I'm 27 now)
FYI, even with automation (big rigs), they'll always be a human behind the wheel for security, safety, legal issues and emergency maintenance.

Loser stupid parasites will always remain unemployed.
if you are only qualified to be a janitor, then dont reject it while waiting for the CEO position.

>unemployed

LOL

>He keeps saying the economy is great, but I haven't gotten a job for 4 months. What gives?
ftfy

Are you... me?

Millennial NEET here

Fuck you and fuck your society

uber.com/drive/

lyft.com/

maybe you should just get a job? I not only got a raise, but my taxes got lowered. I'm loving this president so far.

>is actually proud of being a 15$ an hour for life slave

No, now you have to apply online and pester them over the phone until you have a job

Get a job at a big box and stop being lazy. If you can’t find a job in four months, you need to look at every moment of your life and figure out where it went wrong.

For starters, you're here.

I majored in History and Minored in Gen Studies. I worked on my dad's sugarcane farm to pay for my books, literal blood and sweat went into paying for my education. After not finding a job I then went to trade school. Now I'm kicking ass as an Electronics Technician working on NDT Instrumentation. Adapt or die.

I'm a "millennial" and I got every job I ever had just by walking in, talking to the manager on duty and shaking their hand. I either got hired on the spot or was called the next day. You are a FAGGOT.

>but... but..... but I've been unemployed for 4 months. What gives?
ur fucking lazy newfag....
go find a job and actually make a way for yourself

>Berkeley
>history degree

Well there's your problem user. Its berkley, + as much as I love history, I've gotta admit there aren't many jobs for it. But considering you've been looking for other jobs and still getting fucked, I feel for you. Keep searching, and if absolutely necessary go on welfare. That's the legitimate point of welfare (not the underhanded shite one to win votes), to help people until they can get a job. NEVER STOP SEARCHING! I BELIEVE IN YOU user! HISTORY LOVERS UNITE!!!

Get a welding job like that based nigger

Confratulations blacks for taking 6 year vacation. Now get back on the plow

>things that never happened - the post

I mean I just got hired at an engineering firm so sounds like you're a shitstain

This

I've never been long out of work, unless I chose it. Last 20 odd years, found all my jobs online without getting out of bed...last three jobs, sorta telephone interview and hired...been working fulltime since mid 80's though...I actually know shit...

I guess you're lazy then eh

You are a dumb nigger
Now get a job and being the NEETs their fair share of your check

Listen, retards.
You want to make real money?
Learn a few trades, only a brainlet isn't capable of doing so.
After you accomplishment that, you can build nearly entire houses on your fucking own.
You'll be cut multiple checks, each for different work being done on the house, on top of what you're getting paid to do it all in the first place.

Someone smart once said to me something along the lines of "I'm going to buy that lot that you wanna build your house on, then you're going to pay me to build that house, then I'm going to sell you that house."

I left out the details of being able to properly clean, groom and clothe myself as well as the general ability to properly pronounce words when looking someone in the eye.

Enjoy your left over tendies.

Exactly. It wasn't like this a few years ago. The US economy was at a standstill just like Canada has been outside the oil boom a few years ago.

I'm tempting to move back just because the economy here is perpetual trash under our globalist masters who prefer to import constant floods of immigrants to give the illusion of stability than actually create policies that lead to jobs.

>History degree from Berkeley
I take it you don't spend a lot of time here, otherwise you'd figure out pretty quick that a history degree from *anywhere* is pretty much a useless moneypit. Learn history on your own time. If you have to pay $100+k for someone to read you stories and hand you a glorified attendance record, not having a job is the least of your worries.

>Learn a few trades,
Oh yeah, just learn em. Only takes about 4 years per trade. Do 3 or 4.

if you can't get a job in fast food you should kill yourself. If you're smart enough to get anything better you make connections.

>unemployed for 4 months
Found the nigger!
Get off your americunt ass and do something.

>2 year tech cert
>4 years
>woe is me

The boomer has the right idea but it needs some adjustment. First off, this advice is crap at any large company or if looking for low-skill labor jobs like retail or fast food. In either of those cases you are hired through a process... basically HR ticking off requirements on their list vs your resume. The people hiring won't work with you, they may know little to nothing about the job, and honestly even in higher skilled jobs it's going to suck working there because everything will be by process or formula.

What you need to do is target small local businesses with a handful of close knit employees. Those guys will care that you're a likable person because they'll work directly with you and they'll especially care if you know wtf you're actually doing in your field. This is the kind of job you want long term. The firm handshake thing won't hurt but honestly it's kind of old fashioned now. They want to see you're competent, you'll show up, and you're not an asshole basically. If you can't meet those requirements... well... go work for the soulless corporation because it's all you're getting.

Journeyman tradesman>tech cert monkey

Do you expect these idiots to think through their "advice?" It's just a way for them to feel better than someone else, or to defend Trump for perpetuating the bubble that has been growing since Obama's presidency.

If you don't know the basics of the most common trades, to the extent that you could get a job doing one due to general knowledge and basic practice, you aren't even a real man yet. This is the kind of shit that all these "millennials" don't comprehend. The kind of faggots who don't know how to swing hammers or change tires let alone do anything slightly more complex that requires effort and more than a google search or youtube video.

your options are:
teach history
kill yourself

please kill yourself