Where did the headpat meme in anime come from? Did people in Japan really pat girls' head IRL?

Where did the headpat meme in anime come from? Did people in Japan really pat girls' head IRL?

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2016/1/26/10837900/fire-emblem-fates-petting-minigame-localization-changes
youtube.com/watch?v=tUxw6pnjINY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Haven't you ever gotten headpats user? They are nice.

Headpats are pretty insulting if you don't think about them. Girls aren't dogs, and the boys aren't their masters.

In my country it's normal

>girls aren't dogs
True.
>boys aren't their masters
False.

So when your parents give you a headpat, they are treating you as the house pet?

>he's never had his head patted or his hair rubbed and touched
I guess some people aren't born with naturally soft, touchable hair. It also helps being short enough that people can use you as an armrest.

Not only boys give headpats to girls, you know.

Where did the meme of pretending completely normal shit is exclusive to anime come from?

>SS+GOMAD

>In my country it's normal
What country do you live in?

YOU TRIGGERED MY AUTISM CARD!
polygon.com/2016/1/26/10837900/fire-emblem-fates-petting-minigame-localization-changes
since normalfags started being afraid of headpats and called it out for being "creepy"
WEST RUINED EVERYTHING AGAIN

They're treating women like they're dogs that need to be pet. Fucking sexist japs

Both of these are false.

Poland Might be just my city though. So don't pack your stuff yet.

Japan is a sterile, unfeeling culture and showing affection as humans do is viewed as a shameful display
Japanese children are taught at an early age that the highest praise they can receive is when their father comes home from his 37-day long shift at work and momentarily touches their heads with his hand while making a non-committal grunt. A particularly doting father might actually look at the child, but this is risky as there is a chance the child may make eye contact with him and become spoiled because he accidentally acknowledged of their existence.

kek

I cringe whenever I see headpats in anime. When a male character headpats a female character, it gives an impression that the men is superior to women, and I don't really like this kind of subtle reaffirmation even though its cute.

This is definitely not a Polish thing. I've never seen it happen, though I've only really been in the east side.

Jesus fuck this thread is just awful.

Fuck off and go back where you came from

Thread is full of normies and retards
janny pls del

Getting a headpat from someone that is not superior to you (e.g. parent, teacher, etc.) is a dehumanizing experience. Why are you A-OK with that?

Any kind of lifeform touching me at all stimulates me in many ways. I'll take what I can get.

>not headpatting to assert dominance

Are you saying that headpats are worse than rape?

>dehumanizing

It's comfy as fuck.

>a dehumanizing experience

buzz
words
pulling
heart
strings
trying
so hard

you people like this kind of text format right? sorry ms, but I couldn't find the clapping emoji

One of my happiest memories is of laying my head on my imouto's lap while she patted my head.

Not everyone is an insecure faggot like you

Imoutos should pat their onii-chans on the head more often.

Yeah and dehumanizing them is sexually arousing.

How fucking fragile is your pride to be broken by something like a good ol' なでなで

There are few things better in life than getting head pats from a cute older girl

god I miss school

My dad use to pat my head, not anymore. kill yourself!
>and the boys aren't their masters
wrong

I head rub and pat my wife when we cuddle, its a perfectly nice experiance

she can pat my head any day of the week.

Amen brother

Gotta check that autism once in a while dude.

This is a brilliant thread. It brings out multiple flavors of autism.
>autists who can't understand human displays of affection are confused, and possibly enraged
>autists who crave human displays of affection are in tears
>autists who can't conceive that their own personal experience or preferences are not universal and are confused/angered
>autists who can't understand why this thread isn't on topic and not posted on some other board
>the autistic OP
Its a regular carnival of emotional and cognitive dysfunction!

Nintendo you fucking idiots. You cut your sales by at least 100,000.

it's why we are all here

nips have a weird thing about hair and heads. They love touching both.

When I was in middle school sometimes I would wear my older sister's clothes and try to get people to head pat me
it didn't really work

Doushite?

As fragile as Rize's, I guess:
youtube.com/watch?v=tUxw6pnjINY

There's nothing wrong or demeaning about headpats. They make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

>Someone putting their dirty unwashed hands on another person's hair

Does Japan really do this?

What about when a female character headpats a male character?

That's true, both me and my siblings were patted to death by our parents. Pats are the best, I wish there was someone to pat me now.

Then there's nothing wrong with that.

headpats on kids are perfect for cleaning your hands of food scraps in family dinners if you do not have a napkin nearby.

Kill yourself, faggot. It's an innocent gesture. KILL YOURSELF NOW

You forgot
>autists making pseudo-analytical metacommentary about the state of the thread and its posters

why have I noone to headpat?

I don't know, but I wish someone would pat my head.

I just want someone to headpat me while telling me I'm a good girl and stroking my dick. Is that too much to ask from life?

yes, you faget

headpat

How about autists who can't take people who try to comment about the state of the thread?

The West should be unironically destroyed in fire.

Headpats are freaking amazing, shut the fuck up. The last time a girl patted my head I was 10, it was fucking amazing. Then she backed off and kept saying I had lice. I didn't, it was dandruff.
Since then, no headpats.

Stop replying to bait.

Let me get this straight:

Boys headpatting girls is NOT okay
Girls headpatting boys is okay
Girls headpatting girls is okay
Boys headpatting boys is fucking gay

>Boys headpatting girls is NOT okay

HELP, I'M BEING NEGLECT RAPE!

Ignore the haters, boys headpatting girls is as okay as it gets.

you're not a good person

You're not straight, opinion discarded

If it's wrong to feel good, then I don't want to be right.

Does anyone have a webm of rrgi petting adult bat?

I'll trade.

One time in college I got a lap pillow for 10-15 minutes from a legal loli. I fell asleep while getting headpats. It was the most restful nap I have ever taken.

That meme came from Japan, but unless you can navigate and read the Japanese image boards you'll probably first hear about it here.

>legal loli
midgets aren't lolis.

Was the child raped afterwards? Is it consensual?

I wanna headpat a grill and be headpatted in return

>Headpats are pretty insulting

If it comes from a stranger, yes. Its insulting. But since a stranger wouldn't just go around giving people headpats I see no reason to find or state that headpats are generally insulting.

>Girls aren't dogs
True

>and the boys aren't their masters.
True

But do remember both boys and girls love to get headpats, especially from people they love. Parents give their kids headpats as compliments and lovers give them out as a sign of affection.

Well she wanted to rape shota rrgi so probably.

I want to be surrounded by a pack of anons getting headpatted left and right. I want to be a public headpat receptacle.

Is this Shiba Miyuki?

Yukari chan is so cute!

>you will never headpat loli Shinobu
Why live?

Says you.

>Boys headpatting girls is NOT okay
Wrong
>Girls headpatting boys is okay
Only older girls
>Girls headpatting girls is okay
Correct
>Boys headpatting boys is fucking gay
WRONG

NANI?!

m-me too

>Jiggling hair
>Got cucked from petting and resorted to rubbing the forehead and temples

You can rub where the hand is, I just wanted to emphasize the hair.

Don't act like you don't know what I meant.

>All this anti-headpat tumblrina

This is why daddy issue is rampant in the west.

Anyone here who likes getting headpats in real life is a man who owns a pair of striped stockings and frequents /trash/.

This is fact.

Headpats and hugs are the only reason I count self-imposed hallucinations as a good thing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.

Bitch, there are as many people as stars. You think any two are the same?

We've gone too deep, it's time to stop.

>tfw my dad will never pat my head again while we rest from hiking

I wish someone would headpat me.

>Wanting headpat from a guy

Are you fucking gay?

There is nothing gay about an older man headpatting a young guy. I bet you don't have an aniki either.